123 Members and 20085 Guests Online

KathyPet's Activity

Re: Washer and dryers

In For the Home Talk 1432493435.96

The new washing machines come with all these presets for different types of wash loads and determine by sensor how much water your load needs. I will never again buy one of these. I cannot manually set my water temp or the amount of water I want to use. the predetermined settings do it all for you. Sounds great and works well most of the time but there are times I want to control the water temp and water levels. Continue Reading

Re: Ever Wonder What The Most Popular TV Show Set In Your State Is? This Map Has The Answer

In Viewpoints 1432492047.753

I guessed correctly before even looking! Good night John Boy! Continue Reading

Re: Unauthorized Purchase

In Electronics Talk 1432486633.287

You need to dispute the charge with the Credit card issuer not the website where the purchase took place. the credit card issuer will issue a temporary credit to the card while they investigate the problem. GO to,the website for the card issuer and there will be instructions there about how to fill out the dispute form. Continue Reading

Re: Interesting-Q brands my consignment shop will not accept

In Fashion Talk 1432485171.93

there are certain items I do not take in to consign because no matter what the label they just do not stand up to heavy use and still look good enough to sell. For example my Pima cotton Talbot's Tees while nice quality cotton are worn often and after a couple of years of wearing and washing on a regular basis they just are not in good enough shape for someone to want to buy them. Things like that I take directly to the thrift shop that supports our local hospice assuming they have no stains or tears. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432474101.297

On 5/24/2015 maryebrown said: On 5/23/2015 KathyPet said: the shop I use takes my Dooney's and I have done very well with them. Those are the only items Imconsign that I ask them not to donate if they don't sell.. I would pick them up and keep them but I have never had to take one back. Every single one of the 6 or 8 I have consigned has sold unlike the few VB's I have tried to get sold. You can't get rid of them for love nor money. KathyPet, how much do you typically get for your Dooney's ? I have a few older AWL bags I don't use anymore, they are in excellent condition and I could use the c... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432419038.837

the shop I use takes my Dooney's and I have done very well with them. Those are the only items Imconsign that I ask them not to donate if they don't sell.. I would pick them up and keep them but I have never had to take one back. Every single one of the 6 or 8 I have consigned has sold unlike the few VB's I have tried to get sold. You can't get rid of them for love nor money. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432414223.933

In the past Inhave had some bad experiences with consignment shops. One time a shop closed their doors with no notice and I never got any money I had coming or my items returned. With another shop several of my more expensive items just disappeared. The shop I consign with now Imhave used for 6 years. They know me and the type of items I bring to them. I fill out the consignment forms ahead of time all items listed. As many clothing items as possible are on hangers washed or dry cleaned. Anything with stains or spots doesn't go. I just drop my things with the them and I leave. if there is any... Continue Reading

Re: A store for all seasons

In Fashion Talk 1432405651.89

Talbot's is my go to. Continue Reading

Re: Horrible crime in the Washington DC area

In Viewpoints 1432403424.127

Superb police work on this horrid crime. LE had their act together. Continue Reading

Re: Donating to charity but then you need it!

In Viewpoints 1432394444.4

I have not donated something I wanted back but I,have taken things into the consignment store I use and then changed my mind about consigning them. I called and they were still there so they let me reclaim them. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 708
1 2 3 4 ...708Next