New Fashions
70 Members and 18336 Guests Online

decolvr's Activity

Re: In search of a moist lemon pound cake recipe

In Recipe Swap 1421772046.55

The Barefoot Contessa recipe is my fav, too. I have made that one for desert when we have company and serve it with icecream........oh my.......a true delight. My two daughters love that cake, too. Continue Reading

Re: How large is your dinnerware collection?

In For the Home Talk 1420059266.71

My china pattern is Royal Majestic - D'or. I am a crème and gold gal......and chine is that color.....place settings for 24 people with all of the accompanying pieces, including three coffee pots. I know.....ridiculous. My everyday dinnerware, simple white dishes. As an aside.....we are putting our home on the market, next year......china will be coming along.......however, we will be moving our everyday dinnerware on.....LOL. Now....if you want to talk linens and napkins.......I have a real addiction with those things....big time LOL. Continue Reading

Re: Christmas

In Viewpoints 1419621993.467

For years, I used to leave the decorations up until January 6. Now, I like to have the Christmas lights for New Years Eve....and then take things down on New Years Day. I have really simplified my Christmas decorating over the last few years, so it's not such a gigantic chore to put it all away...LOL. Continue Reading

Re: Now that Lisa is gone, I sincerely hope that QVC will

In For the Home Talk 1418571729.71

I love the holiday season, and love to watch decorating shows. Lisa's holiday decorating shows were gorgeous.......she has great style. When you see snaps of her home.....that style of decorating is carried throughout her home....as well as her furnishings match the high style Christmas decorations. IMO.....if you decorate like that, the whole house has to support that over the top type Christmas décor. My holiday decorating style is traditional and simpler, for sure.....LOL. I am a huge fan of red at the holidays......as well I am a big fan of bows at the holidays. I guess I am t... Continue Reading

Re: Cancelled My KitchenAid TSV :(

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418327174.74

I agree with the OP on the counter jewelry point....LOL. I, too, am not a huge baker and as much as the color and glass bowl is appealing.......I have a Kenwood 700 watt stand mixer that we got as a wedding gift 20 years ago. The unit that I have more than meets my needs and it's stainless steel and black. It's a timeless design. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone else planning their after holidays decluttering yet?

In For the Home Talk 1418230556.863

Oh my......this thread is so appropriate for me. DH and I are putting our home on the market the early part of 2015. We started in September.....and we are going thru every cabinet, shelf, nook, cranny, closet, box and bag that we have. We have been in our home 20 years.....and we have stuff, believe you me. Other than my kitchen things, clothes and other items that are very special to DH and me.....we have decided to buy a home that we like first......and buy new furniture to fit the space......LOL. Other than the Kringle Express red fabric cone trees that are sitting on our mantel......... Continue Reading

Re: Themed Christmas tree or lifetime collection of ornaments?

In For the Home Talk 1418158426.15

I went thru a couple of phases.....colored lights and toy ornies.......just lights on the tree, no ornies........for a time, navy blue ornies, red bows and pearl garland....now.......I am white lights and red bows. I truly love that simple look......smiling. Continue Reading

Re: First weekend in Dec., we're decorating!

In For the Home Talk 1417019407.453

We are putting our home on the market the early part of '15......so we decided not to decorate to repack......LOL. It was a hard decision....I love the Christmas season.....but, there is just too much to do to get things ready for next year. I purchased the Kringle Express swirl trees in red this past summer. I am going to put them on our DR buffet to give the house, even though boxes and bin everywhere.......a bit of Christmas magic with those trees......smiling. To one and all.......enjoy the weekend Christmas decorating.......!!! Continue Reading

Re: Anyone living in this blizzard?

In For the Home Talk 1416505744.58

On 11/20/2014 Mustangshar said: On 11/20/2014 Desertdi said: I left Chicago after the blizzard of '67 I remember it well! I can't blame you, I'd leave if I could. The storm of '79 was a doozy, too. And, yes, I am still here......LOL. I truly hate snow and cold weather.....LOL. Continue Reading

Re: Nutcrackers, anyone?

In For the Home Talk 1415136577.177

Shop HQ has some outstanding looking nutcrackers......don't know if they have your style.....but, they are very pretty. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 296
1 2 3 4 ...296Next