Dooney & Bourke
131 Members and 17248 Guests Online

decolvr's Activity

Re: Now that Lisa is gone, I sincerely hope that QVC will

In For the Home Talk 1418571729.71

I love the holiday season, and love to watch decorating shows. Lisa's holiday decorating shows were gorgeous.......she has great style. When you see snaps of her home.....that style of decorating is carried throughout her home....as well as her furnishings match the high style Christmas decorations. IMO.....if you decorate like that, the whole house has to support that over the top type Christmas décor. My holiday decorating style is traditional and simpler, for sure.....LOL. I am a huge fan of red at the holidays......as well I am a big fan of bows at the holidays. I guess I am t... Continue Reading

Re: Cancelled My KitchenAid TSV :(

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418327174.74

I agree with the OP on the counter jewelry point....LOL. I, too, am not a huge baker and as much as the color and glass bowl is appealing.......I have a Kenwood 700 watt stand mixer that we got as a wedding gift 20 years ago. The unit that I have more than meets my needs and it's stainless steel and black. It's a timeless design. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone else planning their after holidays decluttering yet?

In For the Home Talk 1418230556.863

Oh my......this thread is so appropriate for me. DH and I are putting our home on the market the early part of 2015. We started in September.....and we are going thru every cabinet, shelf, nook, cranny, closet, box and bag that we have. We have been in our home 20 years.....and we have stuff, believe you me. Other than my kitchen things, clothes and other items that are very special to DH and me.....we have decided to buy a home that we like first......and buy new furniture to fit the space......LOL. Other than the Kringle Express red fabric cone trees that are sitting on our mantel......... Continue Reading

Re: Themed Christmas tree or lifetime collection of ornaments?

In For the Home Talk 1418158426.15

I went thru a couple of phases.....colored lights and toy ornies.......just lights on the tree, no ornies........for a time, navy blue ornies, red bows and pearl garland....now.......I am white lights and red bows. I truly love that simple look......smiling. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone Order from Sur la Table?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418148612.46

I have been very pleased with the items I have bought from Sur La Table. Like another poster mentioned......love Chefs catalog, Sur La Table and C&B. A Sur La Table tore just opened this past year in our area.......I haven't had the chance to go and look, but I will be making time in the very near future.....LOL. Continue Reading

Re: First weekend in Dec., we're decorating!

In For the Home Talk 1417019407.453

We are putting our home on the market the early part of '15......so we decided not to decorate to repack......LOL. It was a hard decision....I love the Christmas season.....but, there is just too much to do to get things ready for next year. I purchased the Kringle Express swirl trees in red this past summer. I am going to put them on our DR buffet to give the house, even though boxes and bin everywhere.......a bit of Christmas magic with those trees......smiling. To one and all.......enjoy the weekend Christmas decorating.......!!! Continue Reading

Re: Anyone living in this blizzard?

In For the Home Talk 1416505744.58

On 11/20/2014 Mustangshar said: On 11/20/2014 Desertdi said: I left Chicago after the blizzard of '67 I remember it well! I can't blame you, I'd leave if I could. The storm of '79 was a doozy, too. And, yes, I am still here......LOL. I truly hate snow and cold weather.....LOL. Continue Reading

Re: Nutcrackers, anyone?

In For the Home Talk 1415136577.177

Shop HQ has some outstanding looking nutcrackers......don't know if they have your style.....but, they are very pretty. Continue Reading

Re: Started decorating(early I know) and WOW LR's decorations made such an impact!

In For the Home Talk 1415057707.97

2muchshopping2......... Thank you much for all of your information. DH and I will check out the trees at Lowes. Since we are going to be putting our home on the market at the first of the year.....I am trying not to add any more boxes to our already burgeoning box count.....sigh. We have been in our home for 20 years......and believe you me......we have stuff.....LOL. We have a lovely 9' slender tree.....that we love......but, the bottom half of the tree went dark...and after almost 12 years......we are just going to pitch it. And, being that it's an older tee, it is only in three sectio... Continue Reading

Re: Started decorating(early I know) and WOW LR's decorations made such an impact!

In For the Home Talk 1415043724.53

Your tree is beautiful......you did a lovely job. BTW......which BL tree is in the pic.......I like the placement of the lights and the way the branches look. I am kind of jealous.......we are getting our home ready for sale the early part of 2015 and we are not decorating this year.......sigh. I am a bit sad.......but, I can't wait to decorate next year in our new home. I can't wait. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 296
1 2 3 4 ...296Next