Beauty Offers Ending
249 Members and 25080 Guests Online

gardenman's Activity

Re: The Economy is looking very bright again..

In Viewpoints 1427660909.427

If you read/listen to financial experts you'll hear lots of chatter now about a pending recession. The second half of 2015 or 2016 seems to be the target where many are now expecting things to turn downhill a bit. How much is anyone's guess, but there's some considerable chatter these days about a pending recession on the horizon. Truthfully there should be too as that's how the economy goes. There's an ebb and flow to the economy and things have been rising for a while now, so we're about due for a dip. The key is to keep the dip short and shallow and then rebound quickly. We don't need anot... Continue Reading

Re: Younger on tv land

In TV Talk 1427660193.63

If you have Amazon Prime you can watch the first episode now for free. I watched it and I thought it was pretty good. I'll keep watching. Continue Reading

Re: NFL News and Notes for March 2015!!!

In Sports 1427659923.763

I'm finding the Marcus Mariota nonsense quite funny these days. Pretty much every team in the league is now rumored to be looking to draft him, or trade up to get him. They've got the poor kid flying all over the place for meetings and workouts. I don't buy any of it. I just don't see him being a good fit for 90+% of the teams that are now expressing interest in him. He's a great kid and a great leader, but his arm isn't special, he's not a prototypical pro style QB and his success has been in a unique (not your typical NFL) system. He'll need a year or two (at least) to adapt to most NFL off... Continue Reading

Re: NFL News and Notes for March 2015!!!

In Sports 1427490135.933

The Colts are taking a big chance in not extending Pagano. If he does take them to the Super Bowl and wins it, then what? There are a lot of teams with lots of money that could use a really good coach. The Colts could find the price to resign him then too high and the competition too intense and losing your head coach after winning the Super Bowl is not the ideal way to start a new season. There's no franchise tag for coaches, so there's no safety net for the Colts. With the free agent additions they've made, the Colts are likely to be among the elite in the AFC. The Patriots won't be as goo... Continue Reading

Re: Recommendation for sheets

In For the Home Talk 1427401481.337

On 3/26/2015 Nightowlz said: On 3/26/2015 gardenman said: It's definitely not a popular view among this group of posters, but I love the microfiber sheets. They're soft, smooth, comfortable, extraordinarily easy to care for, and nearly indestructible. They're cool and comfy in the summer and pretty comfy in the winter too. On top of all of that, they're among the least expensive sheet options out there. I truly find it hard to say anything negative about them. About the only issue is mine felt a bit papery until washed a few times, then they've been wonderful ever since. If people approached ... Continue Reading

Re: 137 dead, 340+ wounded in Yemen suicide attacks.

In Viewpoints 1427374522.197

On 3/26/2015 terrier3 said: On 3/26/2015 esmeraldagooch said: Or attacks on our power grid 362 physical or cyber so far. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/25/national-investigation-reveals-alarming-number-of-attacks-on-u-s-power-grid/ Shame on us for not investing money to upgrade our power grids. Our power system is like a third world country's. We need to invest in infrastructure....and this is just one reason why. BTW - My cousin worked in Special Ops in Yemen for many years. He was in the service for 30 years and spoke fluent Arabic and Persian. We have had a major presence in Yem... Continue Reading

Re: Recommendation for sheets

In For the Home Talk 1427372544.74

It's definitely not a popular view among this group of posters, but I love the microfiber sheets. They're soft, smooth, comfortable, extraordinarily easy to care for, and nearly indestructible. They're cool and comfy in the summer and pretty comfy in the winter too. On top of all of that, they're among the least expensive sheet options out there. I truly find it hard to say anything negative about them. About the only issue is mine felt a bit papery until washed a few times, then they've been wonderful ever since. If people approached them with an open mind and gave them a fair chance I suspe... Continue Reading

Re: Prmier PC Support: Ryan

In Electronics Talk 1427371935.36

These posts really do feel spammy. Shantel and Ryan seem to be doing a great job of promoting themselves using these forums. Unfortunately those who have really dealt with Premiere PC Support seem to have radically less enthusiastic views of the support they've received. Continue Reading

Re: Is there an open season on door-to-door callers?

In Viewpoints 1427295788.987

On 3/23/2015 debc said: Thankfully our town made door to door soliciting against the law. I live in NJ (tax capital of the world, seriously it's just a question of time until they find a way to tax us for the air we breathe) and my town decided that the smart thing to do was to make solicitors buy a license, so the township taxes them to solicit. It's kind of tacky to make Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts, and those collecting for legitimate charities pay $50 up front to be able to get a license but it does nothing to stop the other solicitors. In fact the more crooked villains are only too happy to p... Continue Reading

Re: Amazon Echo

In Electronics Talk 1427295070.52

You can also tell iHeart radio your favorite singers and iHeart radio will create a radio station for you playing songs by that artist and people similar to that artist. I'm listening to my Linda Eder iHeart radio station at this moment that's currently playing Kristin Chenowith singing a song from "Wi*cked". Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1100
1 2 3 4 ...1100Next