Spring Fashion Days
160 Members and 17514 Guests Online

gardenman's Activity

Re: Menendez?

In Viewpoints 1425682296.6

On 3/6/2015 terrier3 said: On 3/6/2015 gardenman said: Menendez is one of the rare vocal Democratic critics of this administration, in particular to the Cuba and Iran policies, so it wouldn't be shocking to see that this as a move to quell his rebellion a bit. I'm not sure there's a politician who isn't corrupt, so these types of charges could pretty much be levied against any/all of them. It is interesting that the charges are coming down as the Iran and Cuba issues are coming to a head. The timing is a tick suspicious as Menendez has been under investigation forever. He has been under a cl... Continue Reading

Re: Amazon Echo Alexa question?

In Electronics Talk 1425682031.993

I believe the alarm volume and music volume are separate. (I could be wrong about that though.) You can set the alarm volume by going to Settings and then pan down to "Sounds" on the Echo App. ("Sounds" is under "Metric Measurements" in the "Settings" menu. It's pretty easy to overlook it there.) Continue Reading

Re: NFL News and Notes for March 2015!!!

In Sports 1425681436.363

Opps! I was wrong. The players don't meet with the teams until Tuesday, but starting at noon tomorrow their agents can contact teams and teams can contact the agents to start making deals. Continue Reading

Re: Menendez?

In Viewpoints 1425681209.68

Menendez is one of the rare vocal Democratic critics of this administration, in particular to the Cuba and Iran policies, so it wouldn't be shocking to see that this as a move to quell his rebellion a bit. I'm not sure there's a politician who isn't corrupt, so these types of charges could pretty much be levied against any/all of them. It is interesting that the charges are coming down as the Iran and Cuba issues are coming to a head. The timing is a tick suspicious as Menendez has been under investigation forever. Continue Reading

In Sports 1425653673.287

I'm not sure how much you can believe NFL agents and what they're leaking to the media, but the agents for Devin McCourty, Byron Maxwell and Jason Worilds all claim the Eagles are the team most likely to land their client. (At least that's what they're telling the Philly area media. They may be saying the same thing to the media in every other NFL city, but that's the word on free agency in Philly. They could also be saying this to drive up the price/competition for their clients.) Tomorrow is the start of the official, sanctioned, tampering period where teams can meet with the free agents a... Continue Reading

Re: Ferguson Report

In Viewpoints 1425562662.023

Racism is a vast problem and not limited to any one race. Talk to Hispanics or Asians and you'll find that they face as much, if not more, racism than others. Anyone who looks "different" is automatically a target for hatred. Those who have been the victim of racism are often among the worst in using racism themselves. What everyone of every race has to understand is that what we show on the outside is nothing more than wrapping paper hiding the gift that's inside. Wrapping paper comes in all kinds of colors and styles, but the wrapping paper tells you nothing about the gift it's hiding. You ... Continue Reading

Re: Amazon Echo

In Electronics Talk 1425560958.067

Are you sure her Prime didn't automatically renew? It does that unless you cancel it. By the way, they should be able to hear it if they have any hearing at all. Echoes can play really loudly. My nearly deaf Mom hears mine fine. Continue Reading

Re: 'I wish I'd never done it': Man who invented plastic Keurig coffee pods admits he regrets ever creating them - because t

In Viewpoints 1425557460.557

Call me crazy but I like the idea of collecting and using plastic to fill in sinkholes. Sinkholes pop up all over the place, so fill them in with something that will never rot, decay, or degrade. Plastic's perfect for the job. Put a large melting device of some sort at the top of the sinkhole and then slowly fill in the sinkhole with melted plastic. Voila! Two problems solved! You've filled in a sinkhole and gotten rid of plastic that's not biodegradable. The not biodegradable part is very important for filling sinkholes. Let the Keurig drinkers of the world pay for the plastic and then use t... Continue Reading

Re: Would you like to see women enter college and pro football?

In Viewpoints 1425556862.31

I should point out that many girls/women want to be the tacklers/aggressors. Suzy Kolber of ESPN was a linebacker in peewee football and then tried out for the high school team and would have been one of their starting linebackers, but other parents (likely those of the boys she beat out for the starting job) objected and managed to get the school system to ban girls participating in the football program. The coaches and other players loved her and wanted her on the team, but a few negative Nellies squashed it. There are girls/women participating in football at various levels now, but in most... Continue Reading

In Sports 1425517703.557

On 3/4/2015 SPURT said: GARDENMAN---I'm interested on knowing your thoughts on trading Shady McCoy.... And it looks like the Bills are going to make a trade with the Vikes for Matt Cassel ....looks like Rex is making some moves.... It surprised me, but I don't have a problem with it. LeSean has been a bit of a handful since Chip Kelly came. Initially he was going to demand a trade and leave the Eagles when he heard Chip Kelly would be the new coach. Mike Vick had to calm him down and get him to give Chip a chance. Chip did wonders for LeSean (who'd been averaging around 900 yards a year unde... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1092
1 2 3 4 ...1092Next