TSV(R) Preview
62 Members and 11413 Guests Online

gardenman's Activity

Re: CBS New Access App and a Fee

In TV Talk 1413923411.687

For those of us who watch the Big Brother live feeds the new app could save us money. At $5.99 a month for the app (which reportedly will include the live feeds) you're looking at spending around $18 for the three months of the live feeds as opposed to $20-$30 you pay now. Continue Reading

Re: Survivor: Meh

In TV Talk 1413895509.017

Yeah. I have to agree. I think they may need more of a "back to basics" season to get back on track. Continue Reading

Re: Help! One oven, two items to bake, different temperatures.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413886785.447

As a rule ovens tend to have pretty big swings in temp even while set for one specific temp. You're apt to find the temp swinging both above and below the set temp, but averaging out to the set temp. In this case I'd choose a compromise temp between the two and adjust the cooking times accordingly. I might go with a four hundred degree oven and cook the chicken an extra five minutes or so and the tomatoes five minutes or so less than listed. Continue Reading

Re: Any Furnace Experts Out There???

In For the Home Talk 1413886333.67

Another alternative would be soil heating cables placed below the vent and plugged in when snow is expected. Soil heating cables are used to heat seed beds and are waterproof. They'd generate enough heat to melt the snow as it falls. You don't even have to bury them, just lay them on the soil beneath the vent and plug them in when snow is forecast. Continue Reading

Re: Any Furnace Experts Out There???

In For the Home Talk 1413840783.193

A crude solution would be to put a large, flatter container filled with ice melt under the vents. A couple of inches of ice melt in a litter box type container under the vent might serve to keep the snow from building up. You might have to build a large flat box to accommodate the ice melt (rock salt) but if you're melting the snow as it falls, you shouldn't suffer from buildup. This would create a very briny solution that will likely overflow and harm your lawn long term, but as a short term solution it should work okay. Continue Reading

Re: Week Seven of the NFL Regular Season!!!

In Sports 1413756362.48

It sounds like the Bears had a bit of a meltdown in the locker room after the game. Players reportedly had to be separated and removed from the room. It made things interesting for the reporters waiting outside. Colt McCoy is a guy I've always liked, but he's not the Redskins' long term answer at QB. I'm pretty sure that guy's not on their roster right now. They're going to have to find someone this off season, either in the draft or free agency, to be the guy. I loved Jeff Fisher going with the fake kick to ice the game. That's a very ballsy move at that point in the game. Kind of a dumb mov... Continue Reading

In Sports 1413722181.38

And it's game day!!! My early games today are Carolina at Green Bay and Cincinnati at Indy. The later game is the Giants at the Cowboys. And then later tonight we have San Francisco at Denver. All in all a pretty good day of football. I'll be watching the Cowboys/Giants game the most intently since they're two NFC East rivals. This has the making of a classic trap game for the Cowboys. They're coming off a big win against a very tough opponent (Seattle) on the road. They're home and favored by a good margin against a team that just got blown out last week and lost their best offensive player ... Continue Reading

In Sports 1413587042.853

That Harvin trade was certainly a surprise. Details are emerging. The Jets are giving up a conditional second to fourth round pick for Harvin based on his performance with the Jets. His guaranteed money is all up now, so if the Jets want to they can cut him free for nothing after the season. We're hearing lots of whispers about issues with Harvin including punching one of the offensive linemen during the Super Bowl prep last year, and nearly coming to blows with Russell Wilson this year. He's apparently a bit volatile and a bad locker room presence. (Reports indicate he threw weights at a for... Continue Reading

In Sports 1413581966.753

I'm not sure I believe it, but there are reports that the Seahawks are trading Percy Harvin to the Jets for a conditional pick. Continue Reading

Re: Do You Do Catalog Shopping? What Are Your Favorites?

In For the Home Talk 1413482022.84

Signals and Wireless are two of my favorites. They don't gave a lot if things you 'need' but they're full of stuff you want. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1035
1 2 3 4 ...1035Next