Maxi Dresses
123 Members and 9360 Guests Online

sue98's Activity

Re: Ugly dark gray bed sheets......can I successfully fade them?

In Viewpoints 1397481357.833

On 4/14/2014 twopeas said: I probably wouldn't try bleaching them. How about buying another set in a contrast color (pink for instance) and mix them. Gray bottom, pink top, etc. ? Thanks, twopeas, but I hate the color so bad I don't think adding a contrasting color would even help. lol I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them. I guess I will have to live with them, as sheets are expensive, and I don't make the kind of money that can justify not using them. Continue Reading

Ugly dark gray bed sheets......can I successfully fade them?

Last Reply by ROMARY 1397514966.49 | Started by sue98 in Viewpoints

I bought new bed sheets, and I thought they would be a good match for my bedroom. I put them on my bed, and I hate the color!!! They are a dark gray color with a very slight blue tint to them. I really can't stand them. Does anyone know if it is possible to fade them somehow? I was thinking about washing them with a large amount of bleach, but I'm afraid they will turn out blotchy. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! Continue Reading

Re: Makeup Alley....

In Beauty Banter 1396699004.023

I agree! I love to read reviews there. I am on that website constantly. Continue Reading

Re: Gift ideas for a retirement party (younger guy)

In Viewpoints 1396697908.29

Thanks, everyone! I love the "get out of jail free card" idea. lol Continue Reading

Gift ideas for a retirement party (younger guy)

Last Reply by focksie 1396700585.347 | Started by sue98 in Viewpoints

My husband and I are going to his cousin's retirement party tomorrow, and I have yet to come up with an idea for a gift. I am just not good at coming up with ideas. My husband's cousin is around 55 yrs. old, and he is retiring from a PA prison. He is a real joker, and I am thinking a gag gift might be the best idea, but I just don't know what to get him. Any ideas, please? Thanks! Continue Reading

What is your favorite dusting "tool"?

Last Reply by mistriTsquirrel 1396767969.723 | Started by sue98 in Viewpoints

It seems that anything and everything I use to dust furniture with just wipes the dust around. I can't seem to find anything that actually picks the dust up. What do you all like to dust with? Thanks! Continue Reading

Re: My fitted bed sheet just ripped.........

In Viewpoints 1395500946.737

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody. These sheets were over 3 years old. Continue Reading

My fitted bed sheet just ripped.........

Last Reply by hckynut 1395617833.89 | Started by sue98 in Viewpoints

Now I'm wondering what to do with my flat sheet and four pillow cases. I can no longer get the same sheets, and of course I want my sheets and pillow cases to match. It seems so wasteful to throw away the flat sheets and pillow cases. Any suggestions? Thanks! Continue Reading

Re: Does the word "pants" really have a singular?

In Viewpoints 1395347431.667

On 3/20/2014 happy housewife said: Once again i just can not understand why people have to pick apart everyone and everything that they perceive as imperfect - be it on this BB or on the QVC TV channel. To your post I can only answer that I doubt anyone with any common sense and a full life really cares at all. I'm sure you must be referring to the responses and NOT my OP because there is nothing about my OP that indicates I am "picking apart" anyone or anything! It was an honest question. In no way whatsoever was I picking anyone apart! I have plenty of common sense, and I have a very full... Continue Reading

Re: Does the word "pants" really have a singular?

In Viewpoints 1395319679.723

On 3/20/2014 Predsfan said: I have used the word Pant when referring to a pant leg. But when talking about pants, it's always a pair of pants. Guess because it has two pant legs. I agree with you. I same when referring to one leg of the pants.....pant leg. I hear hosts and vendors say things like, "This blouse would look great with a black pant". It just doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone else notice this? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 223
1 2 3 4 ...223Next