Just-Reduced Clearance
155 Members and 13011 Guests Online

sue98's Activity

Re: Another Maine ?----I want to see a moose AND the coast, too..........

In Viewpoints 1406462681.48

On 7/26/2014 millieshops said: On 7/23/2014 sue98 said: Thanks for the responses. Is it possible for me to visit the coast and visit "moose territory" without doing a lot of driving? Sue - I haven't been to Maine for years, so I could be wrong, but Maine is a looong state N to S and if you want to try for both experiences, you're going to be driving! I've never seen moose along the coast, but the coast is beautiful. Have fun whatever you decide. The only time I've seen moose was in Yellowstone years ago. They are majestic animals. Thank you, millieshops. You are right. I am probably goi... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1406321563.8

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place to stay? I don't think we even care where we stay, as we will drive to other destinations if we choose to. Thanks! Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1406243228.353

I've been searching, and all the hotels, cottages, etc. are very pricey. I was thinking about going in Sept., as I was hoping the rates would be lower, but they are still expensive. Hmmm.......... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1406147702.797

Thanks for the responses. Is it possible for me to visit the coast and visit "moose territory" without doing a lot of driving? Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1406120020.813

On 7/23/2014 Dagna said: I hope you have better luck with spotting a moose than I have had. My SIL used to live in Maine and said she had a moose traipse through her yard frequently (I was there three days and never saw him.) I went to AK - was assured I see moose - never did. Went to one of the National Parks out west and was again told moose abounded. Never saw one. Do moose actually exist? Or are they just avoiding me? Oh no! I would have been terribly disappointed. I have only seen one moose in my life, and that was when I was 15. My mom and I went to visit our cousins in Jackson Hole... Continue Reading

Another Maine ?----I want to see a moose AND the coast, too..........

Last Reply by spud188 1406545727.07 | Started by sue98 in Viewpoints

I've done some research, and I see that the moose population in ME is in the northern part of the state. In my previous post about ME I mentioned vacationing in southern ME. I've been wondering about something. I've been thinking about staying somewhere a little more centrally located so that we can possibly drive a bit north to look for moose, but also be close enough to the coast to enjoy its beauty, too. Does anyone think this is a good idea or would it involve too much driving? Thanks Continue Reading

Southern Maine--reasonably priced hotels/cottages/cabins, etc.?

Last Reply by Junebug54 1406074485.257 | Started by sue98 in Viewpoints

I have never been to ME, and I've always thought it would be a nice place to visit. I am hoping, DH and I can take a week long trip there the end of Aug. I have no idea where we want to stay, but I thought Southern ME would be nice, as it would be a shorter drive. I've been doing some searching online at hotels, etc., but it seems that most of them are very pricey. Does anyone have any suggestions for a CLEAN, reasonably priced hotel/cottage/cabin in Southern ME? Thanks! Continue Reading

Re: Punxsutawney, PA-----does anyone here live there or near there?

In Viewpoints 1404182125.82

Thanks, everyone. We took a drive down there, and we had a nice day. Continue Reading

Punxsutawney, PA-----does anyone here live there or near there?

Last Reply by Tyak 1404182593.097 | Started by sue98 in Viewpoints

If so, I was wondering if there are any Amish gift shops, Amish furniture stores, etc. there. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 225
1 2 3 4 ...225Next