112 Members and 19939 Guests Online

Stargazer77's Activity

Re: Faux tanned today and oh my god

In Beauty Banter 1429238349.49

Funny this subject came up, I just used Tan Towels last night from the recent today's special. I am pretty dark too! Just after one application. I don't want to look too dark because it's not summer yet. If anyone is apprehensive about self-tanning I would recommend doing it while it's still chilly out (if you're in a chilly part of the country), so if you mess up it can be easily hidden with long sleeves and pants. Also, exfoliate really well beforehand. I'll tell you all a little boo-boo I made last night. Oy vey. I did my body and then did my face when the tan towel was on the dry... Continue Reading

Re: Do you have a favorite drugstore body scrub?

In Beauty Banter 1429235985.863

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! Snowpuppy, I enjoy beachy scents! The toasted sugar is the one that smells beachy? I ask because the name doesn't make me think beachy. Just wanted to double check. Btw, if you have it handy in front of you how many ounces is it? Do they make different sizes? Continue Reading

Do you have a favorite drugstore body scrub?

Last Reply by feline groovy 1429246112.427 | Started by Stargazer77 in Beauty Banter

My cousin is looking for a drugstore body scrub. She asked me what to use because I'm her expert (haha!) and I had no recommendations. I have a few higher end scrubs I use once in a while, otherwise, I just use some olive oil and sugar and wash off well afterward. She seemed to want something from the store, so here I am. Thanks for any recommendations! Continue Reading

Have you ever made your own mayonnaise?

Last Reply by Madisson 1428671195.91 | Started by Stargazer77 in Kitchen & Food Talk

Every holiday dinner I make deviled eggs because my family really likes them. And every holiday dinner I eat one and think to myself, these have a good flavor, but they're too salty. It's the mayonnaise. During Easter dinner, I was sitting there eating my deviled egg wondering to myself if I could make my own mayo and control the salt content that way. I remember seeing a mayo recipe in my Vitamix book. Has anyone ever made their own mayo? How did it come out? Continue Reading

Re: Making a dessert in a mug in the microwave?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1428452947.527

I googled! Very interesting and I found a few things that I might like to try. I saw a lot of chocolate cake and brownie recipes, neither of which I like, so I will google further and hopefully find a lot of stuff that appeals to me. Thank you all for your suggestions. Continue Reading

Making a dessert in a mug in the microwave?

Last Reply by Reba055 1428495504.947 | Started by Stargazer77 in Kitchen & Food Talk

This was on Dr. Oz today, but he didn't go into detail in the segment and I couldn't find any info on his website. It was basically a portion controlled dessert consisting of peanut butter, bananas and an egg. I think. Maybe some other stuff? I already deleted it off my DVR so I can't re-watch and this particular recipe didn't really appeal to me, but I wondered if there were other dessert that could be microwaved in a mug. The idea sounded really interesting. I'm always looking for good single-serving recipes. Continue Reading

I'd like to talk about wedding makeup for pictures, specifically foundation.

Last Reply by janey2 1428668106.923 | Started by Stargazer77 in Beauty Banter

My sister is getting married in a couple weeks and let's just say I have many choices when it comes to my makeup look, from my own makeup collection. My only concern is foundation. I have a nice canvas regarding my slightly oily skin and my only "foundation" is Paula's Choice Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30, which is tinted. Is that appropriate for pictures? I don't like thick foundations or sunscreens on my face and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for me. Continue Reading

Can you make your scented body lotion last longer?

Last Reply by Colonel Meow 1428449647.897 | Started by Stargazer77 in Beauty Banter

Are there any tricks to making a scented body lotion last longer? I got my Bobbi Brown Beach lotion yesterday and put some on the inside of my wrists, but the scent didn't last as long as I thought it would. Any tips and tricks out there? Add a drop of oil or a drop of powder to make it "stick" better? Continue Reading

Re: How to transfer contacts, etc. from one Tracfone to another?

In Electronics Talk 1428079477.347

You can also use Bluetooth to send the contacts from one phone to another. Continue Reading

Re: Bobbi Brown F&F 20% sale, Nordstrom is price matching

In Beauty Banter 1427843644.393

I wish they had the Beach rollerball. I would order it in a second. Does anyone know if any other dept. stores will price match? I don't think Sephora does. Bobbi's website has free shipping with 65 dollars, but the only thing I'm interested in is the rollerball (20 dollars after sale). Continue Reading

Page 1 of 333
1 2 3 4 ...333Next