Holidays at Home
98 Members and 11574 Guests Online

Stargazer77's Activity

I'm looking for a boring, monotone audiobook to help me fall asleep. Any suggestions?

Started by Stargazer77 in Book Club 1412021711.633

I'm a troubled sleeper at times and try to not take medications unless I really have to. I had never listened to audiobooks until a couple months ago when I checked out the first Harry Potter book and put it on my iPod Touch. I wanted something that I had already read so I wouldn't have to follow the story. I found I was falling asleep pretty quickly. I tried other Harry Potter books, but there was too much action going on for it to be sleep inducing. More recently, I checked out Nicholas Sparks' The Longest Ride. I listened to the first part with the older male character and it was gr... Continue Reading

Re: The shows you used to love but had to quit watching

In TV Talk 1411925745.063

I've talked about this on this board in the past, but it's always very hard for me to cut the cord with shows I'm no longer enjoying, especially ones I've watched for years. Although recently I've gotten better at it. When you feel like a show has become a chore to watch it's best to be done. So far I have cut the cord with Once Upon a Time, CSI (not the same after Grissom left), The Originals, Survivor and American Idol. Last week I cut the cord with The Good Wife. I'm on the fence about Revenge and Bones and Grey's. And The Vampire Diaries, which used to be my favorite show back w... Continue Reading

Re: Mally eyeliner smell?

In Beauty Banter 1411856505.047

You inspired me to go and smell all my Mally eye liners. I have never done such a thing! Mine have a smell, not sure if it's like old crayon, but they're not odorless. I also smelled my Ulta ones, which I find are similar to Mally's and they don't really have a smell. I don't have issues with either Mally or Ulta and I love both brands of eye liners. Continue Reading

Re: Ulta Beauty Steal for Friday It NO Tug Eyeliner

In Beauty Banter 1411780299.27

I haven't purchased any makeup the past couple months because I have enough to last me a lifetime (probably several lifetimes!), but I bought this IT gel liner today at my Ulta. There weren't too many left, maybe 1 or 2 left in each color. The 10 dollar price point got me. I love a good sale! I tried all the colors on the back of my hand and chose Silk Taupe. I love a nice shimmer eye liner and am hoping I can just put it on an go, without applying a primer beforehand. I always have to apply primer because it travels. Continue Reading

Re: Big Bang Theory - New Season

In TV Talk 1411692129.097

On 9/24/2014 Sooner said: I miss the interaction of the four guys and their nerdiness. To me that was the really funny funny part of the show and that is missing now. It's about guys and their interactions with women and the show doesn't do a good/funny job of that at all. This is exactly how I feel. The show hasn't been as funny to me as the first couple seasons before all the guys got girlfriends. I also feel the show isn't as smart as it used to be, although there were some smart moments in the opening episodes when Sheldon was quizzing Howard about physics. Continue Reading

Re: Fine thin hair

In Beauty Banter 1411504216.593

I have similar hair and have a hair recipe. My hair used to be naturally curly, but now it's naturally wavy and my recipe gives more more curls. Garnier Fructis Spray Gel, Tresemme Spray Gel for curly hair or curl activating, something like that. And Pantene spray gel for curly hair. I know, it's an awful lot of spray gel. But it works for me. The Tresemme has alcohol in it, which is bad for hair (drying), but I think that's the one that really works because it gives my hair some texture and takes some of the softness out. My hair isn't dry and I use Wen as my conditioner. I don't kno... Continue Reading

Re: Which tablet brand has the best customer service? I would want to pick up a phone and

In Electronics Talk 1411433151.617

I've read a lot of great things about those Kindle Keyboards. Maybe a Kindle Fire would be nice for you since you're already familiar with Kindles and are already established in the Amazon world. I'm not a huge Amazon person myself. I've had an iPod Nano and iPod Touch since they came out so it made sense to stay in the Apple world, although I've played around just to see what other products were like. Continue Reading

Re: Which tablet brand has the best customer service? I would want to pick up a phone and

In Electronics Talk 1411429522.43

On 9/22/2014 bigsister said: I am getting a lot of great feedback from all of your comments. THANK YOU, EVERYONE! I do have one question: what size tablet would you recommend? Do you want to carry it in your purse when you're out and about or is it mainly for home use? I like my iPad Mini because I can throw it in my purse if I want. I have an Otterbox case to protect it so that adds to the size. You also have to think about how much you want to spend on a tablet. If you don't want to spend the money on an iPad I think a Kindle would be nice. What kind of Kindle do you currently have? Continue Reading

Re: Your Thoughts On Madam Secretary On CBS Sunday Night

In TV Talk 1411429050.83

On 9/22/2014 annabellethecat said: I love Tim Daly but I can't stand Tea Leoni. I don't intend to watch that show. There are way too many others I want to watch. I seldom feel so opinionated about a show. I just would rather watch other shows. I have an irrational dislike for Tea Leoni, too. I don't know what it is, I just don't like her. Continue Reading

I watched 2 movies last night - The Fault in Our Stars and The Lego Movie.

Last Reply by KathyLFan 1411670209.173 | Started by Stargazer77 in Movies

I decided last night that I am done with CBS Sunday nights because of football overruns. The Good Wife has always been my least favorite show, although I have seen every episode, I just don't love it like others do. If I choose to I can catch up online at some point. So last night I decided to have movie night! With popcorn! I watched The Fault in Our Stars. Boy, that was an intense movie. I don't even know if I liked it. My best friend said she loved it and I told her I had to ruminate a few days about it. I don't know how people see such intense movies in a movie theater. I hate cr... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 323
1 2 3 4 ...323Next