Creede Silver Sale
36 Members and 13617 Guests Online

chickenbutt's Activity

Re: Why Am I So Happy I Got A New Vacuum Cleaner

In Viewpoints 1412196276.923

On 10/1/2014 kachina624 said: I bet those Dysons are running long after the Sharks have dropped dead. I still have the original Animal which I got before most people ever heard of Dyson. Must be 11 or 12 years old. All Shark did was make a cheaper copy of the Dyson. Exactly. The company that makes this brand does not make things that will last. It's not money saved when you have to replace more often. I've BTDT with other brands in the past. This is why I go with brands that produce well-made products and have outstanding customer service. Dyson is one of those companies in spades. My oldest ... Continue Reading

Re: Do you have a role model ?

In Viewpoints 1412196097.793

I guess I don't. I did learn a lot from my so-called mother, I suppose - everything NOT to do. There's some value to that. :) Continue Reading

Re: Why Am I So Happy I Got A New Vacuum Cleaner

In Viewpoints 1412192395.15

On 10/1/2014 croemer said: When I got Dyson I was the same way. I vacuumed for days on end. Nothing is better then to have something which really works and makes you home look so good. Ha! I love my Dysons. They make vacuuming nowhere near such an ugly chore as before with those others I used over the years. I kind of got the same type of joy when I got my first Rowenta iron. :) Continue Reading

Re: Oct. 1 Today is HOMEMADE COOKIE DAY What is your favorite cookie to make??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412192210.3

A friend gave me a lovely ginger cookie that I love. They are soft (I don't like hard cookies) and really nice. One favorite of mine is those silly, ridiculous 'no bake cookies' that I remember from the school cafeteria. They are chocolate, peanut butter, oats, etc, and I like to put raisins in mine. Super easy to make but I mostly like them because they taste so good. :) Continue Reading

Re: Microsoft has announced WINDOWS 10

In Electronics Talk 1412191754.15

Ford - Truly, no worries. It wasn't just about that. I could write a book of examples of people asking for help on this board, then totally disregarding all of it. I was thinking collectively when I mentioned that. (bit of a peeve for me) I like to help whenever I can. I'm sure there are a lot of people who do, so it is not personal for me. You just feel badly when somebody could so easily be rid of their frustration but they don't choose to listen. :) Happy day! Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1412191615.173

On 10/1/2014 2blonde said: Ha, Chickenbutt! For me, it's the Mah Jong game on my Win 7 laptop that I'd miss. I don't play all the time, but once I get started, I can't leave it alone. I just want to add that I don't have Win 8, but I have read lots of the complaints, questions and answers on this board about it, as well as other computer issues. I feel like I've gathered enough info from here that I'd have absolutely no problem with it at all. Sometimes people just don't like changing their habits, I guess. So, don't ever feel like your advice is being wasted.........Laura is taking it all un... Continue Reading

Re: California Becomes First State to Ban Plastic Bags

In Viewpoints 1412187283.72

On 10/1/2014 NoelSeven said: On 10/1/2014 chickenbutt said: Are the plastic bags made in the US? I'd probably be shocked if that were the case. At any rate, as already stated, those making them (who probably already make all kinds of other stuff) could make a mint selling the reusable, environmentally-friendly, bags. The Glad bags were made in Canada. The other brand was made in the USA with a resin source from Italy. The latter made me wonder what resin really is: res·in 'rez?n/ noun: resin 1. a sticky flammable organic substance, insoluble in water, exuded by some trees and ... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1412187012.78

KJPA - You are right. It is easy to remedy any confusion or difficulty. But one characteristic about this board, that I've observed over recent years, is that people will start a thread asking for help. Then people offer the information or assistance to help the person do what they are asking for and they just qrap on it and do what they were going to do anyway, so everybody's time and effort was a big waste. I like to help, whenever I can. I don't have a lot to offer people anymore so whenever I think I have the information or knowledge-base to help somebody who appears to be asking for h... Continue Reading

Re: California Becomes First State to Ban Plastic Bags

In Viewpoints 1412186471.777

Are the plastic bags made in the US? I'd probably be shocked if that were the case. At any rate, as already stated, those making them (who probably already make all kinds of other stuff) could make a mint selling the reusable, environmentally-friendly, bags. Continue Reading

Re: Cell phones in public places

In Among Friends 1412185783.813

On 10/1/2014 golfcartrider said: I saw a woman in a grocery store checking out talking on a cell phone and she was trying to talk to the cashier too about a price on something. The cashier ignored her and she said are you listening to me? The cashier said no ma'am I am not I am listening to your phone conversation. Those of us in line applauded her. That reminds me of a time, after I had gotten out of the career world. I had a gig running a small, individually-owned, shop. Often people would cruise into the shop with a phone on their ear yapping away. As soon as I saw this I would just ba... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1777
1 2 3 4 ...1777Next