TSV(R) Preview
139 Members and 12085 Guests Online

chickenbutt's Activity

Re: Loving the New "View" Set

In Viewpoints 1410907608.073

I think it looks pretty nice. I'm really not an interior decorator so I suppose it matters not what I think, but it is pleasant to the eye. Colorful, but not overwhelmingly so. Continue Reading

Re: The New "The View"...Horrible!

In Viewpoints 1410907490.897

Oh my goodness! I am watching E02 this afternoon and one thing that is glaring is that the one new lady, Nicole, seems to not be experienced working in front of a camera. I can imagine that is VERY hard, so she will probably get better at it. But the other, even more glaring, thing is that this same lady is a major over-talker! She's not the kind who 'oops, we started talking at the same time and I'll back out'. She seems to be the kind of person who will keep pushing through no matter who else is talking. For that reason I'm finding her rather annoying. Continue Reading

Re: *** Suggestions and concerns about the moderation of QVC Community forums ***

In The Q We Love 1410902489.803

On 9/16/2014 dooBdoo said: On 9/16/2014 suzyQ3 said: dooBdoo knows I love her. So I know she'll understand what I'm going to say. My friend, you have a good heart and always good intentions. But when someone starts a thread like this, it opens up, yet again, an avenue for people to vent. Now, that's not necessarily a bad thing. But I've been around here long enough know that some of that venting is veiled jabs at posters whom they believe have somehow wronged them. Whether it's true or not is invariably up for personal interpretation. Threads like this too easily devolve into the continuance... Continue Reading

Re: Funerals, for the living or the deceased?

In Viewpoints 1410901546.51

On 9/16/2014 mominohio said: On 9/16/2014 meglet said: I am an adult only child of elderly parents with widely dispersed and seldom seen cousins as my closest relatives. I can only imagine what it will feel like to be alone in the world when my parents go and I will find comfort in being surrounded by people if only for a little while and joining in the same prayers and rituals that my family has for generations. Even if Mom and Dad directly told me that they wanted no wake or funeral, I think I would still have them FOR ME. I can't imagine my parents would somehow come back and haunt me be... Continue Reading

Re: I have a deep, thought-provoking question

In Viewpoints 1410899090.04

On 9/16/2014 ILikeShade said: On 9/16/2014 chickenbutt said: I don't think so. I like private things to stay private and, IMO, bathroom things are private. Let me guess - this is something QVC is pushing as a gift item. Hi CB! I think in an office setting it's not private at all when odors waft. Also, nothing worse then walking into a restroom and feeling a sudden wave of nausea from the smell. Well, that's a VERY good point! I (thankfully, vaguely) remember those days. Yikes! :) Continue Reading

Re: I have a deep, thought-provoking question

In Viewpoints 1410898816.067

I don't think so. I like private things to stay private and, IMO, bathroom things are private. Let me guess - this is something QVC is pushing as a gift item. Continue Reading

Re: Funerals, for the living or the deceased?

In Viewpoints 1410898678.15

I think it's fair. Your loved ones would want for you what you want, no? You live your whole live for everybody else. Maybe just that once it can be about what you want and others would be happy to respect that. I don't think there is anything wrong with whatever any given person wants for THEIR treatment after death. I do not think they are being inconsiderate at all. I think the wishes of the decedent should be respected. Those 'left behind' will want that for their departed if they care about the person and are not choosing to make everything about themselves, IMO. Continue Reading

Re: Pet Peeve

In Among Friends 1410884884.167

Unless you're out there killing people for it, I don't think you are over-reacting. :) It's not polite to do that. But it seems like manners are no longer en vogue so people just do whatever they want, with no regard for the feelings of those around them. But the bottom line is that if you introduce yourself as (just using the same name) Patricia, some Neanderthal should not respond with 'hey, Patty!'. That is just a pure lack of social graces and manners. Continue Reading

Re: The Real Talk Show?

In Viewpoints 1410884525.597

On 9/16/2014 pommom said: Yes, I watched for all of maybe 3 minutes. Couldn't take that loud mouthed woman in the middle of the panel. Thanks for the review. Doesn't it just seem like every multiple-host talk show has to have one loud mouth? I don't do well with that, so I'll watch with remote handy. :) Continue Reading

Re: got a good letter today from the Q

In Q Did What? 1410883210.05

On 9/11/2014 Daysdee said: New approach by having these coupons come from a host. I'm sure Jane had nothing to do with it. Just QVC marketing. Um, I could be wrong so I cannot really speak for anybody else - but I don't really think that anybody thought this letter was actually from JRT. I got the impression that it was just kind of a tongue-in-cheek conversation. All I know is that I did NOT think the letter was from JRT. I really didn't. hehe :) Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1758
1 2 3 4 ...1758Next