Give Gorgeous
105 Members and 13292 Guests Online

chickenbutt's Activity

Re: are you truthful in polls?

In Viewpoints 1414798434.503

If I do a poll, I would definitely be truthful. I cannot imagine why I would want to sabotage a poll. As for phone solicitations, however, I generally do not participate and try to get them to stop calling plus putting the number in the 'blocked' list on my phones. Continue Reading

Re: Alfred Hitchcock Fans

In Viewpoints 1414796822.787

I think 'Marnie' was a movie, no? If you Google 'Antenna TV' there is a choice to put in your zip code and see if you get the channel in your area and with what service. It will give you the channel number too. :) Continue Reading

Re: Trick or treaters

In Viewpoints 1414794742.1

They don't come out here until night time. I don't participate, but I don't think there are many kids around my little street. They would have to traverse a rather busy street to get to this street so, hopefully, they aren't doing that. I'd hate to see parents letting their little kids roam THAT street! Continue Reading

Re: Dow closes at record high-17,392.00

In Viewpoints 1414794665.613

So sadly true, Kittymom! Continue Reading

Re: How do you return items?

In Q Did What? 1414794561.967

The return label that QVC supplies is some sort of bulk shipping deal, so it pretty much goes 'slow boat to China'. If you ship it yourself it will get there much quicker. In many cases it will cost you less, as well, but in some cases it could cost you more. You can get a quote online at the shippers' websites. Continue Reading

Re: Dow closes at record high-17,392.00

In Viewpoints 1414793777.703

On 10/31/2014 kittymomNC said: Considering where it went to in 2008-2009 and how much money was lost, I keep wondering why so many people keep talking about how bad the economy is? Some things have been done right in the past 6 years in spite of what some would have us believe, and I for one believe in giving credit where credit is due (which we're not allowed to talk about here). This country is in such a much better position than it was then... granted, things aren't perfect, but would we want to go back there? Not me! So true. My investments speak heavily to that for this last several ye... Continue Reading

Re: My t.v. died

In Electronics Talk 1414790125.667

I'd also keep in mind, especially now that picture isn't a main decider as it was many years ago, that some brands are just plain built better and will last longer. You might really not realize it until your generic brand tv dies a year or two down the road, whereas a more integrous brand will last much much longer. :) Just a thought. Continue Reading

Re: Need a Good, Simple Sweet Potato Recipe

In Recipe Swap 1414789518.303

On 10/31/2014 Zhills said: Southern Fried Sweet Potatoes Ingredients 3 good sized sweet potatoes shopping list 3 tbs. butter shopping list Salt How to make it Peel and slice the potatoes from end to end about 1/3 inch thick. Wash the potatoes. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Put the potatoes in the hot butter and fry, stirring occasionally. They will be done when tender and browned, about 15 minutes. Top with your favorite salt while hot. There ya go! :) This sounds great. I've never tried frying sweet potatoes. I bet it's really good. I just never got th... Continue Reading

Re: Alfred Hitchcock Fans

In Viewpoints 1414788566.23

Ooh, fun! I have to check and see if we get that channel. It doesn't sound familiar. My favorite, most terrifying, AHitchcock episode was one of the one-hour shows where these nurses were staying in this house (which was the same house they used for Psycho) and somebody was killing them off. I won't spoil it, but I remember when I first saw it, it scared the qrap out of me! Continue Reading

Re: Death Can Wait

In Viewpoints 1414783996.663

Yikes to - well, never mind that. It's painful (and scary) to see some people with such self-righteous judgmental views toward how OTHERS may live their lives. I'm so glad she has the choice and if the time comes that she wants top make that choice, she can proceed on with retaining her dignity and going when she's ready. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1813
1 2 3 4 ...1813Next