WEN by Chaz Dean
148 Members and 10729 Guests Online

glb613's Activity

Re: If you suddeny came into a LOT of money----

In Viewpoints 1409182727.22

On 8/27/2014 Tinkrbl44 said: On 8/27/2014 Margo Channing said: I'm talking lottery money here. Would you fear that just handing them money is a bad idea? Or would you put it in a trust that specifies they must be employed or involved in philanthropy of some sort? Speaking of lottery money ......... One thing that has always bothered me is when ONE person gets an enormous windfall. Wouldn't it make MORE sense ..... and be better for the economy if, instead of ONE person getting ONE HUNDRED MILLION ..... the Lottery Commission gave ONE HUNDRED PEOPLE a winning prize of ONE MILLION DOLLARS ? ... Continue Reading

Re: Best protection for antivirus/malware for MacBook Air

In Electronics Talk 1409178951.96

I also have ClamXAV installed on my iMac and MacBook. Continue Reading

Re: Electronics month?

In Electronics Talk 1409161043.223

On 8/27/2014 Toni 973 said: On 8/27/2014 hckynut said: On 8/26/2014 Toni 973 said: I won't be able to order anything until September 5th, which is horrible timing considering it's electronics month right now. Does that mean that after August, no electronics will have Easy Pay options? I thought you ordered a tv set. QUOTE: Posted on 8/22/2014-" I plan on ordering two items that are on Easy Pay. A TV and a PS4." "Plan on" doesn't mean already ordered. I plan on ordering them next Friday. @glb613 If they always offer Easy Pay, what's the benefit of electronics month then? How would I know? Continue Reading

Re: DEBT CONSOLIDATION************** DEBT RELIEF

In Viewpoints 1409158268.243

On 8/26/2014 muttmom said: On 8/26/2014 missyw1 said: Better to file bankruptcy IMO. The OP did not say she could not afford to make payments. She charged frivolous things. She needs to pay back not file bankruptcy and be absolved of her overspending. She needs to pay off her bills. She's in debt because of her irresponsible behavior. Continue Reading

Re: Anti-Virus Protection

In Electronics Talk 1409156137.97

On 8/27/2014 Matty6 said: Those mentioned above are good for some virus protection not for all virus protection you would still need to get a Norton or MacAfee for full protection. This told to me by a technician. That's not true. Continue Reading

Re: Desktop vs. Laptop

In Electronics Talk 1409140514.13

On 8/27/2014 Cats3000 said: We have a 27" iMac and an iPad. Personally, I pefer the iMac because the screen gives me the space I want to work on multiple documents. The iPad is good for the small stuff. I had a 15" Apple laptop prior to the iMac. The laptop was my desktop; it never left my home. The problem was that I forgot to "exercise" the battery often enough and it finally quit working. How is that possible? It should still work on AC power. Continue Reading

Re: Electronics month?

In Electronics Talk 1409119049.357

They always offer EZ pay. It's the main reason why people buy electronics from QVC. Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1409118898.217

Gardenman, I usually agree with you but on heat and a notebook computer, I don't. Heat build up is the number one reason for notebook computer's hardware to fail. While they do have heat sensors to shutdown if overheated, the day in day out heat from use/abuse will cause issues. Vents on the bottom also contribute since a lot of people use a notebook on their lap. Since most of the components are on the motherboard, replacing a failed "hardware part" is expensive. Depending on the age and price, it's better to buy new. I also think people get their computers so infected with malware, they buy... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1409091080.877

On 8/26/2014 letsgoplaces said: Question for chickenbutt what laptops have you bought that out lived your desktops? My issue is the other way around. I have a 17 inch HP laptop that is 3 years old and already having issues. I'm the only one using it and I'm Careful with all my things. As to the OP's question. After 3 years using the full laptop keyboard I'm still not happy with it and recently bought an all in one desktop and love the keyboard. I got used to the laptops keyboard but never liked it. Also for me it seems Each laptop I've had through the years ( HP, Dell, Asus and Acer) have onl... Continue Reading

Re: Having Trouble Opening Any Icon - Keep clicking and nothing happens

In Electronics Talk 1409072504.71

You need to provide more information for anyone to help you. We need to know what type of computer, what security software you have installed and what you have tried to fix it. Why don't you connect a mouse and see if that helps. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 836
1 2 3 4 ...836Next