TSV(R) Preview
58 Members and 9518 Guests Online

glb613's Activity

Re: ......News media announcers from the major networks......

In Viewpoints 1414284823.843

On 10/25/2014 ShowMe said: On 10/25/2014 glb613 said: On 10/25/2014 ShowMe said: Amen.......ITA.......gosh, how many times have we heard about the quarantine of those coming home from Africa, or how many times have we heard about the young man in Washington that did the shootings yesterday, etc. And, they all think they are right...... Do you think everyone watches the news at the exact same time you do? No, and by having a major story on multiple times, it reaches the greatest number of people. I guess I'm lucky I bought a TV that allows me to change the channel when there is something on I... Continue Reading

Re: iPad Upcoming TSV

In Electronics Talk 1414278732.317

On 10/25/2014 Mayfayre said: While I understand your POV, because I went through something similar with the cost of illness wiping me out financially, I don't think the financial place you're at now is the financial place that I'm at, and if you are currently working (and/or if you have a spouse who is working) then you're in a financial place that I can never be in again. I know that you folks probably don't realize it, but there is such a tone of self-righteousness in your posts when you tell others how they should be saving up money each month. I understand your well-meaning intention by i... Continue Reading

Re: purchasing television from qvc

In Electronics Talk 1414278399.723

On 10/25/2014 Mayfayre said: On 10/12/2014 glb613 said: On 10/12/2014 Mayfayre said: You don't always know that you're getting the latest model in the stores, either, unless you've done some serious on-line research and know your model numbers AND can compare them to the ones the stores are offering. For the average person walking in, upgrading to a flat-screen TV is usually an impulse-buy because a lot of people still have perfectly fine CRT TVs that still work. I fall into that category. I'd like an HD TV, but I don't actually need one at the moment. (Besides which it would mean getting rid... Continue Reading

Re: ......News media announcers from the major networks......

In Viewpoints 1414274861.727

On 10/25/2014 ShowMe said: Amen.......ITA.......gosh, how many times have we heard about the quarantine of those coming home from Africa, or how many times have we heard about the young man in Washington that did the shootings yesterday, etc. And, they all think they are right...... Do you think everyone watches the news at the exact same time you do? No, and by having a major story on multiple times, it reaches the greatest number of people. I guess I'm lucky I bought a TV that allows me to change the channel when there is something on I have no interest in watching. Continue Reading

Re: YOSEMITE

In Electronics Talk 1414263970.847

I haven't had any problems either. Continue Reading

Re: YOSEMITE

In Electronics Talk 1414254701.377

Are you going through the App store? Continue Reading

Re: iPad Upcoming TSV

In Electronics Talk 1414237876.913

Lynnj, We hijacked the thread and I hope the OP doesn't mind. I know there are people who are in debt because of things other than overspending or impulse buying. But, I've read articles about the overwhelming debit most Americans have and it's caused by spending money they don't have on things they don't need. Sad. Continue Reading

Re: Kids from poorer neighborhoods keep coming to trick-or-treat in mine. Do I have to give them candy

In Viewpoints 1414184386.367

We have hundreds of trick-or-treaters every year. Most are not children living in the neighborhood. For several years I grumbled about all of the outsiders. One day I though "we must have a great reputation for a safe neighborhood with lots of candy". Since then, I welcome all except the teenagers who are not taking around younger children. Continue Reading

Re: Honey boo boo has been cancelled!

In Viewpoints 1414184065.723

Finally. Who watches that trash? Continue Reading

Re: Anyone taking Neurontin..need advice please

In Viewpoints 1414183971

On 10/24/2014 grandma petes said: I truly need advice and help from anyone taking Neurontin. My doctor has prescribed it for constant nerve pain that I have daily. I've read some of the side effects and they scare me. Has anyone taking it experienced weight gain, confusion, fluid retention, depression, anxiety? Please share your experiences while taking it. I truly need your advice. Thanks in advance. No, no, no, no, no. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 855
1 2 3 4 ...855Next