Meant for Mom(SM)
161 Members and 10823 Guests Online

glb613's Activity

Re: MacBook - need tips to speed it up.

In Electronics Talk 1398349199.617

If you have a slow processor and not enough memory, updating the OS won't change that. Continue Reading

Re: People who talk on their phone AND TALK LOUD!

In Viewpoints 1398337765.9

I think one reason is cell phones don't give the same type of "feedback" as regular phones do. In other words, you don't hear yourself as loud so you talk louder. In general, the conversations I've overheard could wait until the caller got home. Continue Reading

Re: Can my old Clickfree transfer files from Windows XP to 8.1?

In Electronics Talk 1398335212.13

Flash/thumb drives should never be used as a backup device. They are too easily corrupted or erased. They are fine to transfer data or as a temporary second copy. Do yourself a favor and get a couple of external hard drives. The best is cloud storage. It's off site, automatic and reasonably priced. If you have really precious photos, burn them to a DVD/CD and store in your safe deposit box. Continue Reading

Re: I'm getting new but want to transfer only some files

In Electronics Talk 1398334927.803

On 4/23/2014 happy housewife said: On 4/23/2014 susan_ca said: I am not computer-savvy either. I save important files on a thumb drive in addition to hard drive...... as a backup if not for anything else. In your case, because you only want to transfer a few things, you can either save those files onto a thumb drive or save them onto a cloud and download them onto your new computer. Thumb drives are very affordable. I do the same thing - save everything to a thumb drive. You better have a second copy if this is how you back up your files. Flash/thumb drives should never be used as a backup... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1398298717.553

Flash drives are fine for transferring data from one computer to another. They are terrible for a backup because they are easily corrupted or erased. Continue Reading

Re: Very public marriage proposals

In Viewpoints 1398293243.147

On 4/23/2014 circles said: I don't like them...never have....not fond of a Military person surprising a family member, either.... In both cases its like the 15 minutes of fame... I like the military person surprising their family. I don't recall seeing one where the family was unhappy to see them. Continue Reading

Re: There's a software update ready for download.

In Electronics Talk 1398292863.3

On 4/23/2014 jordan2 said: On 4/23/2014 hulagirl said: iOS 7.1.1 is ready for download.... Thanks for the heads up. I don't know why but I never seem to get notification about updates. I always forget to check for updates from time to time and being reminded helps. I don't get any notifications on my iPad either. I usually read about it online, go to settings and find it. Now my iMac and MacBook Pro are different. There is a red number on the app store icon when the computer is turned on. Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1398282590.323

Why not connect the laptop to a monitor? Continue Reading

Re: Can my old Clickfree transfer files from Windows XP to 8.1?

In Electronics Talk 1398248389.047

You don't need to have a ClickFree to backup your data. Any external hard drive, CDs or DVDs will work. Always have more than one copy of anything you can't afford to lose. Continue Reading

Re: Do I Need An HDMI Cable For My DVD Player

In Electronics Talk 1398248267.03

On 4/22/2014 jordan2 said: On 4/22/2014 glb613 said: If you have a HDMI connection, use a HDMI cable to connect the two. The picture and audio quality is far better than any other type of cable. Thank you very much for the reply. I'm going tomorrow to purchase one. Is it true a HDMI cable that sells for $20 is just as good as one for $60? I read somewhere that a cheaper one is the same as a more expensive one , you shouldn't waste your money. I don't buy the most expensive or the cheapest. There is a difference in the quality of the wires and it will make a difference in the quality of the... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 790
1 2 3 4 ...790Next