Spring Fashion Days
98 Members and 13662 Guests Online

glb613's Activity

This proves California's University system is nuts

Last Reply by Lion 1425702254.187 | Started by glb613 in Viewpoints

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/03/06/uc-irvine-students-vote-to-remove-american-flag-from-campus-lobby/ Continue Reading

Re: Careful when you give computers away

In Electronics Talk 1425672447.317

You didn't stop the auto renewal before gving it away? Continue Reading

Re: Careful when you give computers away

In Electronics Talk 1425672133.293

You didn't wipe the drive before giving it away? Continue Reading

Re: How to transfer ownership of a notebook.

In Electronics Talk 1425639542.787

On 3/5/2015 Lynnj said: Agree with others. Google how to create a 2nd administrator account on windows 8.1. Then once you have that set up, Google how to delete a second administrator account. The account you'll delete it yours. This will make him the only account left, which is the administrator account. You won't be able to delete your account if his account isn't set as administrator, so that will let you know if you set his up right. You need to be an administrator to delete another administrator account. I'd make sure all programs work before deleting your account. The experts recommend... Continue Reading

Re: HELP!!! Problem with MS Word

In Electronics Talk 1425639323.09

"You are so correct. She said that MS Word won't open. Can you tell her how to use it?" The first thing to try is to repair it. The second would be to reinstall it. The third is to contact Microsoft. Continue Reading

Re: How to transfer ownership of a notebook.

In Electronics Talk 1425607356.33

As posted, you can create a new adminstrator account. You need to make sure you enable it so he can do everything since not all functions are enabled by default. Read carefully and check the correct boxes. To have the owner changed, you need to get into the registry which don't suggest you do. Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1425563668.33

On 3/5/2015 Zhills said: All of your suggestions are allright. Why go online and download another program when WordPad is already on your computer. All you have to do is OPEN WordPad! It is a smaller version of MS Word and will open MS Word documents. That might be OK if you never share your documents. If you ever switch to Apple, you won't be able to open them. Word Pad is not a replacement for Word. Libre Office or Open Office are. Continue Reading

Re: 'I wish I'd never done it': Man who invented plastic Keurig coffee pods admits he regrets ever creating them - because t

In Viewpoints 1425558959.007

On 3/4/2015 Lotus~ said: I won't use them for that reason. I try to do my part. Why can't they sell the flavored coffee in little bags or something to transfer to the "refill pods"? I won't use them because they are bad for the environment. There are billions of small plastic pods dumped into landfills that don't degrade. Plus, a peculator, which I use, makes a superior cup of coffee. Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1425558453.493

On 3/4/2015 docsgirl said: Zhills, Thank you. I tried what you said and I was not able to open anything. I was able to open WordPad but it only gave me a blank page on which to type but I did not get any of the documents I moved to the Desktop. When I try to repair it, I get a message telling me I need to either provide the code to activate it or purchase it. If it was a trial version, would it last for over 3 years, which is the life of my computer so far. I always thought trial versions were good for 30, 60, or 90 days. I'm beyond upset and embarrassed by my stupidity. Thanks so much. docsg... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1425514378.27

Your documents should be stored in the Documents folder. You can copy them the put them on a flash drive. You should be making regular copies/backups of all of your important data. Go to start, control panel, programs, scroll down the list, find Word 2010, select it and do a repair. Do you have the installation disk? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 896
1 2 3 4 ...896Next