Holidays at Home
40 Members and 10016 Guests Online

glb613's Activity

Re: Blessing of the animals

In Viewpoints 1412021950.607

I went to one while on vacation in England. It was wonderful. Continue Reading

Re: Has anyone successfully downgraded to Windows 7 from Windows 8/8.1?

In Electronics Talk 1412016176.937

The main problem is finding drivers for the hardware installed. Since I don't know the specs of your computer, I can't say for sure if there are Windows 7 drivers for you to download. If having tech support is important to you and installing Windows 7 will void the warranty, don't do it. Try installing the classic shell and see if it makes things better. One thing I learned early on, use the Windows key to get back to the desktop or tile page. Continue Reading

Re: There's an Apple update this morning 8.0.2

In Electronics Talk 1411991773.257

On 9/29/2014 violann said: I had my NEW iPad Air in for a battery question last Friday, and the Genius told me that sometimes a clean start with a non-automatic reintroduction of apps (each app re-installed as new, NOT from a backup) is necessary and/or helpful. For me, this would be a HUGE UNDERTAKING, and I wouldn't do it without a very knowledgeable person right next to me. That said, I have some apps saved that I'd no doubt be better off without. If you installed the apps the first time, you can do it again. All you need to do is open the app store then select purchased, install the ones ... Continue Reading

Re: Desktop icons stay highlighted in Windows 8.1???

In Electronics Talk 1411983659.167

I found this doing a Google search: "I've been searching the Internet for quite a while now for an answer to this problem without success, which is why I finally posted my question on here. Can't believe that after all of this, I just found the solution moments ago. I never considered that it could possibly have anything to do with the theme I had selected from MS to use on my desktop, but since I couldn't find any other reason for this behavior, I thought I'd check out that possibility. So, I decided to put the theme back to the one originally installed by HP and, to my surprise, the ico... Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1411905723.137

I'm very unhappy with the update so far. I'm glad I waited until I returned from a vacation. If my iPad was this slow while I was gone, I'd be furious. Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1411895320.937

I updated and my iPad has slowed significantly. Continue Reading

Re: This is something I should know . . . but I don't.

In Electronics Talk 1411822098.45

On 9/22/2014 Ford1224 said: I'd like to give my prior laptop to my daughter. I don't want to take it down to factory settings because there are programs I put on there that she would like to keep. How do I just remove the user data? I think the easiest way is to download, install and use CCleaner's erase free space feature. You delete all of the the files you want to remove, open CCleaner, go to tools then erase free space. It overwrites the free space making recovering the data difficult or impossible. Continue Reading

Re: Desktop icons stay highlighted in Windows 8.1???

In Electronics Talk 1411821685.843

On 9/25/2014 qualityshopper said: Anyone have any ideas? Would really appreciate hearing from you. I don't understand why it's a problem? Continue Reading

Re: Flash Device Stopped Working - Help!

In Electronics Talk 1411821544.127

This is why you should never use a flash drive as a backup. It's fine for a second or third copy but, never use it as your primary storage device. Continue Reading

Re: *** Mac users need to read this

In Electronics Talk 1410962886.08

I'm not updating to OS 8 until I return from my trip. Last year I made the mistake of updating the day before I left and never again. The changes were significant and not what I wanted while on a vacation. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 843
1 2 3 4 ...843Next