Give Gorgeous
105 Members and 11944 Guests Online

glb613's Activity

Re: Cleaning appliances....

In Viewpoints 1414668380.133

On 10/29/2014 OCGurl said: You can use an appliance touch up pen. They sell them at Home Depot, lowes, or hardware stores. Homax is one brand. Check in the appliance section :) I used I found in the aisle with Rust-Oleum and other spray paints. It's in a bottle like Whiteout. Continue Reading

Re: Computer Scam

In Electronics Talk 1414665621.91

On 10/11/2014 jackthebear said: OP Let calls from numbers you don't know go to voice mail or do not answer them, Rinse and repeat do not engage with these callers I haven't had a single call after the one where I talked to the "person from Microsoft". I wish I could say that about the political calls and "my last chance to reduce my credit card interest rate". One time I stayed on the line and ask the gal just when will it be my last chance and she hung up. LOL! I received these calls long before I got the one from Microsoft. They are robo calls and call whether you answer the phone or n... Continue Reading

Re: Can an email virus cause a hard disk problem?

In Electronics Talk 1414665231.067

On 10/29/2014 sfnative said: Someone I knew sent me an email, which I opened. Unfortunately, it had a "worm," which took out my operating system. I had to purchase a new operating system, but also had to pay for tech help to undo all the damage on my hard drive, as my husband could not spare the time away from work. It's hard to know if we, as private parties, can have the kind of security needed to block and eat these viruses/worms, etc. I worked for some years, not a long time, for the DoD and believe me nothing got through to our computers. I know this is after the fact but, most computer... Continue Reading

Re: iMac question: What happened to my email??

In Electronics Talk 1414595021.403

On 10/29/2014 dooBdoo said: On 10/29/2014 glb613 said: Are you able to access your Yahoo and Gmail accounts via the internet (Safari or other browser)? If not, are they going to your trash folder? Hi, glb613. I asked her about that and she responded in Post #15. It appears all is well when she accesses the accounts on the web (eta: other than her eBay messages not recognized as safe in Gmail). The thread is difficult to follow. At least it is for me. Too many quotes and it's easy to miss something. Continue Reading

Re: My t.v. died

In Electronics Talk 1414585327.51

On 10/28/2014 ValuSkr said:On 10/28/2014 nutmeg3 said: On 10/28/2014 ValuSkr said: Rabbit-ears, aka TV antennas, don't work any more??? You must be within 30 miles of the broadcast tower. If you live in a large city, an antenna will work fine. Where I live, there are 3 local stations CBS/ABC/PBS I can watch via an antenna. I can't get Fox or NBC because the broadcast towers are too far away. So, if you don't mind not getting a lot of channels, try an antenna. HD broadcasts over the air have a better quality than the HD you get via cable. Cable compresses the signal losing some of the qua... Continue Reading

Re: iMac question: What happened to my email??

In Electronics Talk 1414583983.407

Are you able to access your Yahoo and Gmail accounts via the internet (Safari or other browser)? If not, are they going to your trash folder? Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1414530868.397

Make sure you have a back up of anything you can't afford to lose before proceeding. Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1414526631.143

What do you mean a hard disk problem? Continue Reading

Re: My t.v. died

In Electronics Talk 1414484879.46

I checked John's link and it looks like a good deal. Do you have wireless internet in your home? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 856
1 2 3 4 ...856Next