Give Gorgeous
95 Members and 12191 Guests Online

DiamondGirly's Activity

Re: Sugar Cookie Bars w/frosting - by Six Sisters - so good!!!

In Recipe Swap 1414669413.797

On 10/29/2014 Azcowgirl said: Thank you, this sounds good ! Just wondering if you can still get a lightly browned crisp top and bottom ? I love a crisp sugar cookie . Azcowgirl - I'm not sure how they'd turn out making it more crispy. I am sure it would be fine, as long as it was possible to cut them...might be worth a try! OCGurl - thanks for sharing about the Cinnamon Roll cake... I have a recipe for one, but I'll have to see if this one is different! Mmmmm Wismiss - YES - the photo shows blue frosting, which maybe was for Easter? There are tons of possibilities, I am sure! Thanks! All othe... Continue Reading

Re: Sugar Cookie Bars w/frosting - by Six Sisters - so good!!!

In Recipe Swap 1414619946.397

Hi JPC...they are really yummy!! Nice to see you...haven't seen you in awhile! Coffee Gal - Hello there! I just realized the recipe doesn't really say how to serve!! Yes, you cut them like brownies...and they came out really easy from the pan. You could make the pieces any size you want, really! Continue Reading

Sugar Cookie Bars w/frosting - by Six Sisters - so good!!!

Last Reply by spix 1414707013.097 | Started by DiamondGirly in Recipe Swap

I am not sure what prompted me to find/see this recipe; I searched and didn't find anything about it here on Recipe Swap. If it's a duplicate, I apologize. I couldn't take a chance in not sharing it. It is so easy and soooo good!! The frosting is light and fluffy...just made this today!! I need to share them quickly!! I'm not sure if any of you ever go to sixsistersstuff site, but they have a lot of great-sounding recipes. There is also a Pumpkin Sugar Cookie recipe, which I saved! This recipe will be a staple of mine forever!! PS: I made 1/2 the recipe and used a 9 x 13-inch pan...worked ou... Continue Reading

Re: Yellow Butter Cake - easy using Cake Mix/warning for those who don't like that! :)

In Recipe Swap 1414617415.44

Well, shucks...I have seen and even saved recipes of Paula Deen's for the Ooey Gooey cakes, but this one wasn't titled the same, so it fooled me! Here's the Pumpkin one I saved before (I'm including other variations, plus some Recipe Swap posters' comments. I'm not sure whose comments are at the end: Paula Deen -Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake plus variations Ingredients Cake: 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix 1 egg 8 tablespoons butter, melted Filling: 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin 3 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 8 tablespoons butter... Continue Reading

Re: Old quick comfort recipe

In Recipe Swap 1414603116.607

It's so fun to reminisce about the foods we had as a child. Thanks for sharing, MrsButtercup!! The home recipes are the ones that nursed us back to health when nothing else seemed to sound good... I figure the 3% fat can't be as bad as the meats that cook on a pizza?? or other recipes... ;) Continue Reading

Re: I'm Looking for Your BEST Toffee Recipe!

In Recipe Swap 1414591742.877

NiteStar, you keep the pot boiling...or simmering for the full time. Here's a link for instructions w/photos: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Caramel-from-Sweetened-Condensed-Milk Here are other oven and stove top methods: http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/details/?RecipeId=4002 OVEN METHOD HEAT oven to 425°F. Pour sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with foil. Place pie plate in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with about 1/2-inch hot water to surround pie plate. BAKE 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored. Carefully remove from oven; remove pie plate fr... Continue Reading

Re: Apple Rose Tart (Recipe)

In Recipe Swap 1414496071.3

sfnative and Beebee2, you are both very welcome! I was happy to find such an adorable and easy craft, so to speak! :) Beebee2, I also got sidetracked with the veggie/fruit carving! I loved the lotus flower carved from the cucumber! Lots of fun to watch! Continue Reading

Re: I'm Looking for Your BEST Toffee Recipe!

In Recipe Swap 1414495856.103

On 10/27/2014 Ane1There said: I've never made this but it may be a recipe you try just for kicks. It's a soft toffee or really a caramel. Sorry the image is so large. I keep editing it down, but as soon as it posts it's back to being huge again. Put a can of sweetened condensed milk (only remove the label and leave it completely sealed) submerged into a pot of boiling water for 2 1/2 hours. Yes, still boiling. It may try to float so you may want to put a weight of some sort on top. Then let it cool. I'd use tongs or canning tongs to remove it and place it on a tray to cool off. It maybe f... Continue Reading

Re: Would like 2 Soup Recipes Please, Cabbage and Smoked Sausage & Lobster bisque

In Recipe Swap 1414495644.553

Here's a recipe I saved that a past poster, Angel25, shared with us. I made it and it's pretty tasty! Ginny's Kielbasa Soup 1/2 lb kielbasa, sliced at an angle 1 medium onion, sliced, and separate rings 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered 3 large carrots, peeled and angled 1/2 medium head cabbage, sliced in 3 -1" piece 3 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 7 cups water to just cover the cabbage. butter salt and pepper ****Next time try some stewed tomatoes in it. In a Dutch oven layer the above ingredients in the order listed. You should only have one layer of each. Salt... Continue Reading

Re: Tis the Season....for Candy recipes!

In Recipe Swap 1414403948.667

On 10/25/2014 polar said: Anyone have a smooth melt in your mouth fudge recipe? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. I, personally, am not real fond of the grainy-type of fudge, unless the ingredients compensate for it...ha! You may have seen this recipe floating around out there. It's been on these boards before, I know... It's got a smooth texture and rich flavor. I've been making it about 15 years now, among a few other recipes I use. This recipe is SO EASY and makes a 9 x 13-inch pan full, but you can 1/2 it to make less. Here it is, in case you haven't seen it: Creamy Chocol... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 228
1 2 3 4 ...228Next