Better Than Black Friday
35 Members and 14376 Guests Online

DiamondGirly's Activity

Re: No Work - Fast Fudge

In Recipe Swap 1417076630.33

On 11/25/2014 NaturalBornWoman said: Would love to hear some feedback from those who will be trying this recipe for the first time - and if you have other recipes for easy fudge to share. Here's one I posted on another Fudge thread here...it's so easy and my fave!! I usually add walnuts in place of mixed nuts... Microwave Fudge 1 1/2 cups sugar 2 cups mini marshmallows 1 5-oz can evaporated milk 1/4 cup margarine or butter 1 12-oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate pieces 1 tsp vanilla 1 10 to 12 oz can mixed nuts In 2 qt glass bowl, microwave sugar, 1 cup miniature marshmallows, e... Continue Reading

Re: Fudge! I need help please.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416997519.937

This looks good...and it doesn't use the "soft ball" stage or thermometer, either :) Ha! http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/12/double-decker-chocolate-peanut-butter-fudge.html Double Decker Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Ingredients: 1 (10-12 oz) bag peanut butter chocolate chips (I used Reese’s chips) 1 (10-12 oz) bag semisweet chocolate chips 4 1/2 cups white granulated sugar 2 (7 oz) jars marshmallow creme 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk 1/2 cup butter 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Directions: Line a 13X9? baking pan with aluminum foil. Using two large bowls, pour peanut butter chips in one... Continue Reading

Re: Fudge! I need help please.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416996577.57

I make the sweetened condensed milk recipe, since I'm afraid of the "soft ball stage" recipes....I need to try sometime, but until then... This recipe is made in the microwave! It has been a no-fail one for me and is wonderful...my favorite now!! I usually use walnuts instead of mixed nuts, since I have LOTS of them (grown in our town, and a friend keeps me supplied!). Rocky Road Fudge (microwaved!) 1-1/2 cups sugar 2 cups mini marshmallows 1- 5 oz can evaporated milk 1/4 cup margarine or butter 1-12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate morsels 1 tsp vanilla 1-10 to 12 oz can mixed nuts In 2 qt... Continue Reading

Re: What is your Favorite Cookie and recipe

In Recipe Swap 1416946109.28

These are yummy - you cut them into squares: SALTED NUT CHEWS CRUST: 1 ½ cups all-purpose or self-rising flour 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar ½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon baking soda ½ cup margarine or butter, softened 1 teaspoon vanilla 3 egg yolks 3 cups miniature marshmallows TOPPING: 2/3 cup corn syrup ¼ cup margarine or butter 2 teaspoons vanilla 12-oz. pkg. (2 cups) peanut butte... Continue Reading

Re: MLB coated cotton handbag

In Dooney & Bourke 1416811821.917

I got my SF Giants bag at Dooney.com, and they had emailed me a 20% off coupon! I get those coupons from time to time, so I'm not sure if you want to take a chance and pay less, or what.... Continue Reading

Re: Free Food

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416123579.08

On 11/15/2014 Colonel Meow said: "Free" is the operative word here, whether referring to food or anything else. Some folks find the allure of that word all too tempting. Have you seen that gag where a bowl of rocks is left out with a sign reading, "Free rocks. Take one."? LOL - you'd think the bowl held free diamonds with the way folks took advantage of it! I agree...did you see how fast all of us opened this thread when we saw the title, "FREE FOOD?" lol.... Continue Reading

Re: Post your good Slow Cooker recipes

In Recipe Swap 1415788269.903

This is one of our faves from here. I've only used chicken breasts. I posted it 2 1/2 years ago, too! Marylander posted it over 3 1/2 years ago...wow! Thank you so much, Marylander!! (I also add -about the last hour - small red potatoes cut into fourths, sometimes, instead of making mashed potatoes. - DiamondGirly Marylander said: This may be one already passed around. I needed something quick and easy this week and grabbed this from the internet via a "chicken crockpot" search. The only change I made was using skinless/boneless thighs in lieu of skinless/boneless breasts. Everyone here ... Continue Reading

Re: Has anyone ever made a turkey breast or small whole turkey in a crock pot?

In Recipe Swap 1415717326.493

On 11/11/2014 doglover3 said: maybe someone remembers a recipe from here awhile ago and can help, turkey breast with stuffing and cranberry sauce done in the crockpot? doglover3, I have these two by vabreeze...and I added another one by jripple that sounded yummy :) vabreeze: TURKEY & STUFFING Put a box of Stovetop Stuffing (prepared using 1/2 the liquid it calls for) in the bottom of the slow cooker, lay a turkey breast over it. Put in 1/4 cup broth; then on top, lay a can of cranberry sauce. Cook on low 8 hours; serve with green beans and mashed potatoes. Turkey Cutlet with Cranbe... Continue Reading

Re: I don't have any Christmas cards done yet but I do have

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1415588701.933

On 11/9/2014 sashamatthews said: I normally write my cards over Thanksgiving weekend. However, I was going to do a photo card and the only local camera shop went out of business recently. So now I have to hunt up a place to do them. I have used Walmart in the past and the copies were awful, so they are out. My kids do the photo cards, and they use Costco.... They always come out great!! I love Costco's photo department.... not sure if you have one near you. Many of the drug stores offer photo cards, also! Continue Reading

Re: Frozen Fish is good in the freezer until ... ?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1415462741.607

I just found one chart @ http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/freezer-storage-times.html *I don't really follow this chart strictly?? Nuts stay fresh lots longer in my freezer :/ Continue Reading

Page 1 of 230
1 2 3 4 ...230Next