TSV(R) Preview
88 Members and 13530 Guests Online

DiamondGirly's Activity

Re: Free Food

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416123579.08

On 11/15/2014 Colonel Meow said: "Free" is the operative word here, whether referring to food or anything else. Some folks find the allure of that word all too tempting. Have you seen that gag where a bowl of rocks is left out with a sign reading, "Free rocks. Take one."? LOL - you'd think the bowl held free diamonds with the way folks took advantage of it! I agree...did you see how fast all of us opened this thread when we saw the title, "FREE FOOD?" lol.... Continue Reading

Re: Post your good Slow Cooker recipes

In Recipe Swap 1415788269.903

This is one of our faves from here. I've only used chicken breasts. I posted it 2 1/2 years ago, too! Marylander posted it over 3 1/2 years ago...wow! Thank you so much, Marylander!! (I also add -about the last hour - small red potatoes cut into fourths, sometimes, instead of making mashed potatoes. - DiamondGirly Marylander said: This may be one already passed around. I needed something quick and easy this week and grabbed this from the internet via a "chicken crockpot" search. The only change I made was using skinless/boneless thighs in lieu of skinless/boneless breasts. Everyone here ... Continue Reading

Re: Has anyone ever made a turkey breast or small whole turkey in a crock pot?

In Recipe Swap 1415717326.493

On 11/11/2014 doglover3 said: maybe someone remembers a recipe from here awhile ago and can help, turkey breast with stuffing and cranberry sauce done in the crockpot? doglover3, I have these two by vabreeze...and I added another one by jripple that sounded yummy :) vabreeze: TURKEY & STUFFING Put a box of Stovetop Stuffing (prepared using 1/2 the liquid it calls for) in the bottom of the slow cooker, lay a turkey breast over it. Put in 1/4 cup broth; then on top, lay a can of cranberry sauce. Cook on low 8 hours; serve with green beans and mashed potatoes. Turkey Cutlet with Cranbe... Continue Reading

Re: I don't have any Christmas cards done yet but I do have

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1415588701.933

On 11/9/2014 sashamatthews said: I normally write my cards over Thanksgiving weekend. However, I was going to do a photo card and the only local camera shop went out of business recently. So now I have to hunt up a place to do them. I have used Walmart in the past and the copies were awful, so they are out. My kids do the photo cards, and they use Costco.... They always come out great!! I love Costco's photo department.... not sure if you have one near you. Many of the drug stores offer photo cards, also! Continue Reading

Re: Frozen Fish is good in the freezer until ... ?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1415462741.607

I just found one chart @ http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/freezer-storage-times.html *I don't really follow this chart strictly?? Nuts stay fresh lots longer in my freezer :/ Continue Reading

Re: Costco savings Share!

In Recipe Swap 1415414250.383

On 11/6/2014 scatcat said: How do you get in the door w/o showing a Costco membership card? This is kind of a slap in the face to us who pay $55/yr to join You get in the door by showing your Cash Card...or you can get a day pass...and pay extra 5%... Costco's rules...not mine ;) lol Continue Reading

Re: The Christmas cookie baking has begun!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1415363175.687

My aunt has made Christmas cookies every year for MANY years, and she gives each family a bag to share. It's always fun looking forward to her cookies! Myself....I prefer to make the cookie dough ahead of time and freeze the DOUGH. You can either make the cookie balls/etc and freeze like that or freeze the whole dough... I like to bake the cookies closer to Christmas... The cookies with chocolate chips, etc, in them don't seem as good to me frozen. I like the chocolate to be more soft and creamy! Bravo to those of you who have a head start on your baking!! It's fun to share all of our ideas... Continue Reading

Re: NOVEMBER 2014 Recipe Swap Game..........Reflect and Give Thanks

In Recipe Swap 1415353885.47

On 11/3/2014 house_cat said: The World's Best Carrot Cake - trust me, it really is! 2 cups sugar 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil 3 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla 2 1/4 cups flour 2 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1/4 tsp. allspice 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. salt 2 cups shredded carrots 2 cups flaked coconut 1 cup chopped pecans 1 cup raisins 1 cup crushed pineapple, with juice Makes three 8" round layers. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. Cream Cheese Frosting 12 oz. cream cheese 1 tsp. vanilla 1/4 cup milk Next ingredient: canned diced tomatoes Hello house_cat - For the Cream Cheese Frosting, does it need co... Continue Reading

Re: Any tips on roasting a turkey and keeping it moist ????

In Recipe Swap 1415353304.783

REYNOLDS COOKING BAGS vote from me, too!! I have NEVER had a dry turkey following the directions on the box! Everyone always is so happy about how moist it is! I use a thermometer, PLUS a pop-op button (you can purchase these if your turkey doesn't come with one) Continue Reading

Re: Please Help Me!

In Recipe Swap 1415301618.207

Someone mentioned the rolled up salami with cream cheese, and I am telling you - when I make them with the pepperoncinis, they disappear quickly!! They are not "HOT" spicy, but so good! I make TONS of them lol... (you can also use the soft cream cheese in the cups) I use a paper towel to get extra moisture off of the peppers...yummmy! Salami, Cream Cheese, and Pepperoncini Roll-Ups Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 10 Minutes Servings: 18 "Quick little appetizer rolls of sliced salami with cream cheese and pepperoncini peppers will delight your guests, and you can whip them up in no time... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 230
1 2 3 4 ...230Next