Fashion & Accessories Clearance
115 Members and 12022 Guests Online

DiamondGirly's Activity

Re: Move over Cheese Whiz… aerosol spray cakes are here!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406185419.767

On 7/21/2014 So Happy Girl said: They bake very quickly because they don't have to rise. The downside is that they taste like aerosol chemicals. I'm wondering why they would taste like any kind of chemicals, when the article/video states there are no added ingredients compared to a regular cake?? Just air! Hmmm... Continue Reading

Re: EASY SCONES

In Recipe Swap 1406063849.12

Wanted to make sure my previous message was seen by doglover3...and others, in case they try to make the Coconut Scones recipe above :) Continue Reading

Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake

Last Reply by Just Plain Crazy 1406154735.877 | Started by DiamondGirly in Recipe Swap

I haven't made this but found it online, and I thought it was share-worthy! http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/frozen-strawberry-crunch-cake/77f0827b-2e23-4cf7-81c0-53ad08b521c4 Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake Ingredients 1 box Nature Valley Granola Bars 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup flour 6 tablespoons melted butter 2 egg whites 1/2 cup sugar 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1 lemon 4 ounces cream cheese 1 1/2 cups freshly chopped strawberries Directions Put the Nature Valley granola bars in a food processor and process until you achieve a coarse crumb. In a large bowl, add th... Continue Reading

Re: EASY SCONES

In Recipe Swap 1406027781.907

On 7/21/2014 doglover3 said: Coconut Scones POSTED BY JERZ GIRL 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut 1/2 cup rolled oats 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks 2 large eggs 1/4 cup raspberry or cherry jam In a large bowl, mix flour, coconut, oats, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. With your fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk to blend. Stir all but about 1 tablespoon egg mixture into fl... Continue Reading

Re: NEED IDEAS FOR FUND RAISER CHURCH PICNIC 200 PEOPLE

In Recipe Swap 1405964467.57

Are you the only one bring a side dish for say - 200 people, or is everyone on the committee bringing dishes to add to yours? Continue Reading

Re: JULY RECIPE EXCHANGE GAME

In Recipe Swap 1405946753.183

From Sandra Lee Christmas 2010 Makes 6 servings Roasted Turkey Breast Ingredients 1 (5-pound) no-thaw, freezer-to-oven frozen bone-in turkey breast, Butterball® 1/4 cup butter, softened 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon pepper Garnish: fresh mint, fresh cranberries Directions Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare and bake frozen turkey breast according to package directions. After turkey has baked for 2 hours and 20 minutes, remove and discard plastic roasting bag, exposing turkey breast. Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to oven and bake for 10 more minute... Continue Reading

Re: NEED IDEAS FOR FUND RAISER CHURCH PICNIC 200 PEOPLE

In Recipe Swap 1405930749.98

The Pioneer Woman's recipe for The Best Chocolate Cake Ever got lots of great reviews, and Soushi24 posted it and gave a great review on the "Kitchen and Food Talk" thread here. I found it quite some time ago, but I haven't made it yet. It's made in a jelly roll pan, so it would serve many people. You can search the recipe over there <------ to see what Soushi24 said, if you'd like. Here's The Pioneer Woman's link to her recipe if you want to see steps on how she did it: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_chocol/ The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever. FOR THE CAKE: 2 cups... Continue Reading

Re: Over-kneaded pizza dough

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1405869960.35

I found this on a site...might help you for next time: (I just posted part of it): http://how-to-stretch-pizza-dough.blogspot.com/ If your pizza dough won't stretch, there are several things you need to consider. How long has the dough sat rising? Fresh made dough that was made with water that was not very warm will take some time to get to the point where the yeast expands the dough through the gases the yeast let out. The longer the pizza dough rises, the easier it will stretch. Mix dough, and let it set for as long as you can. The previous night is best! Set it covered in the fridge! Did ... Continue Reading

Re: Why do Sue Clifton and the hosts insist on...

In Dooney & Bourke 1405747198.64

On 7/16/2014 tough_kitty said: Well, I guess it makes sense that you don't get charged tax at dooney.com if they are not physically present in your state. I just remembered I don't get charged tax on purchases from overstock.com. As far as Amazon, they are too big of a store/website so CA forced them to collect sales tax because the state was losing thousands of dollars in revenue.... normally if a retailer doesn't charge you a sales tax and it's required in your state, you are supposed to report and pay a use tax....but guess how many people volunteer to do that..... Hmm....I live in Califo... Continue Reading

Re: I'm exhausted from our gnocchi fiasco!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1405744785.47

Sorry your gnocchi didn't turn out as planned! Did you read some of the comments on the page under the video? Thanks for sharing the recipe!! Good luck Sunday! :) Continue Reading

Page 1 of 222
1 2 3 4 ...222Next