A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
31 Members and 9567 Guests Online

DiamondGirly's Activity

Re: Get ready for the returns!!! I am so glad I didn't buy the Dooney TSV from 9/13 but I almost did!

In Dooney & Bourke 1411383746.31

I'm trying to place which bag that is, but I did read some reviews about one that the lining seemed more like plastic. That one (and they mentioned it on the live airing) has a coated cloth lining, which I think would be great for keeping it clean. I also know the zippers can be a bit difficult to get going until they get kind of broken in, and then they are awesome zippers...so strong! Everything was pretty evident to me on the show....it's tough to visualize what it will be like in person, sometimes, though... Hope not everyone is disappointed, though!! Continue Reading

Re: Sometimes you just want a "fun" bag: check out Brighton's VERA line

In All About Handbags 1411277242.27

This one might be the definition of fun to some? What's your take on this? Haven't seen this Schnauzer tote before! http://www.brighton.com/product/handbags/36956-104838/hidden-assets-blakey-schnauzer-tote.html It IS quilted and microfiber ;) Continue Reading

Re: When a recipe calls for rice vinegar...

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1411120662.89

I'd use plain, too. Rice vinegar is perfect for Chinese foods, I bet. It's a very light-tasting vinegar (not real strong). It's great on cabbage salads...like Chinese Chicken Salads...now I want some lol :) Continue Reading

Re: awww shoot, I can't find a recipe I once made, can you help?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1411120512.06

Here's a link to the Sammies I posted last year (I believe?) They don't have cream cheese, but they have provolone and/or jack cheese.... You can make them ahead and bake when you need them! http://community.qvc.com/forums/recipe/topic/342496/hawaiian-sweet-roll-hamchickenturkey-sammies-can-make-ahead.aspx Continue Reading

Re: Pasta Sauces

In Recipe Swap 1411119557.443

On 9/12/2014 doglover3 said: I don't put cheese in mine since not everyone likes it so I put it on the table and let everyone put their own in or on. I use either Parmesan or the 3 cheese Italian blend but just put it on the table, not in my sauce as some do. This is why I didn't add cheese to the recipe but said at the end *you can sprinkle is as you wish when finished or on top of pasta as we prefer, grated Parmesan cheese. My cousin married an Italian guy and this is his recipe but he ALWAYS puts in a cut up pork roast, cut up beef roast and fresh sausage cut into bite size pieces instead ... Continue Reading

Re: Baked Eggs - amazing!

In Recipe Swap 1411118941.03

On 9/18/2014 CAshopper2011 said: These look great, thanks for the idea!! You could really adapt this to a scrambled egg or a scrambled egg with a little cheese and spinach...chopped bacon...and nice not to have to stand at the stove. Yes, I had said that, also...about scrambling and adding cheese, etc... I agree they would be wonderful like that! Limitless ideas, I think! Continue Reading

Re: Baked Eggs - amazing!

In Recipe Swap 1411118828.89

On 9/18/2014 Kay SD said: The picture looks wonderful--but is that just eggs in each "muffin"? Nothing else? The photo looks like the egg is in and on top of some other ingredient. YES, I believe those are just the "muffin tin" eggs stacked on each other. This is the photo that the web site had posted for the recipe. Continue Reading

Baked Eggs - amazing!

Last Reply by Chihuahualuv 1411310448.29 | Started by DiamondGirly in Recipe Swap

I saw this on my friend's Pinterest page, and I think it sounds great, especially if you are feeding a crowd or having a brunch! I think you could even do scrambled eggs this way......and add some grated cheese, etc....hmmm.. :) Just thought I'd share! I put the web site below, so you can access it and I wanted to give thefinishedplate.com the credit! Baked Eggs (in a muffin tin) First, spray your muffin tin with a little oil. Next, crack your eggs and drop them into the muffin tins. You can sprinkle salt and pepper over them or add any other spices, herbs, flavorings, or mix-ins as you w... Continue Reading

Re: Is there an easy way to skim off fat?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1410776855.23

On 9/12/2014 sciencegeek said: QVC has this one. You can find them less expensively at Target, etc, but this will give you an idea of what we're talking about. The spout pours from the BOTTOM, so the broth comes out and the fat stays. http://www.qvc.com/Trudeau-4-Cup-Gravy-Separator-and-Server.product.K300446.html?sc=K300446-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-36-_-K300446&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/k/46/k300446.001?$uslarge$ Thanks for sharing, sciencegeek! I like that it STRAINS...like straining for gravy!! JeanLouiseFinch - I'm so sorry! I missed what you said ... Continue Reading

Re: Macy's Recalls Martha Stewart Collection Enamel Cast Iron Casseroles Due to Laceration and Burn Hazard

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1410776014.85

That article/recall was from over 3 years ago - Hopefully there haven't been any injuries or incidents since it posted Continue Reading

Page 1 of 224
1 2 3 4 ...224Next