TSV(R) Preview
65 Members and 16492 Guests Online

belleandme's Activity

Re: Long haired girls what do you do with your hair when you sleep

In Beauty Banter 1409638532.483

On 8/31/2014 BellaCarro said: My DD has long thick hair almost to her waist. She braids it at night. I used to do that for her when she was little (sigh) and she has maintained the habit. my dd has long thick hair too. i braid it at night, so our morning routine is a breeze once in a while she sleeps on it down, and it gets stuck under her. but she sleeps on her back so maybe that is it. my hair is below my bra, but i sleep on my side so it usually doesnt bother me. and most of the time i am cold, lol, so it keeps my neck warm. but if im having a hormonal power surge, lol, i just throw th... Continue Reading

Re: I Don't Know If I Can Ask This, But....

In Beauty Banter 1409498844.337

On 8/28/2014 Kind1too said: Inquiring minds want to know! You are just asking what many women are curious about. I didn't know that this was pretty much the norm for young women. Totally bald. I could see trimming, but thought the bald look was yukky to me. Made me think of little girls. I have gotten over my surprise. Many years ago I used to trim and would let it grow out before my gyn. appt. I didn't want the gyn dr. to think I was strange. I guess now they see everything, nude, hairy, tattooed and pierced. My girlfriend and I were talking recently and she didn't know this is a common pra... Continue Reading

Re: ComPact 2014 -- May

In Beauty Banter 1401048308.363

On 5/25/2014 just bee said: On 5/25/2014 belleandme said: On 5/25/2014 just bee said: Well, I passed up the shoes. Again, it was another one of those items for a person with a different life. Instead of just wearing them to work or to the grocery store, I would have saved them for special occasions that never occurred. I pictured sliding them on before going out to our favorite Indian restaurant. But, of course, we don't go to our favorite Indian restaurant anymore because Better-half makes a killer curry. Then I thought I would wear them to a wedding in August because they would match a blou... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1401032171.867

On 5/25/2014 just bee said: On 5/25/2014 belleandme said: On 5/24/2014 just bee said: On 5/24/2014 DL2843 said: Happy Memorial Day Weekend Compactors. Thank you to any of you who have served our country. Dosey thank you for the kind words. I managed to avoid buying the Laura Geller TSV yesterday. I just kept thinking about the three opened foundations that I have and the unopened blush with the 3 opened blushes. I am impressed that many of you use up lip products. They seem to last forever for me. I've been ComPacting for so long, yet still have so much to use. I just reorganized some bottles... Continue Reading

Re: Creative way to store lipsticks/lip balms

In Beauty Banter 1401030284.023

On 5/22/2014 lolakimono said: I like a good train case too. I don't know how many lipsticks and glosses you have though. i saw someone''s idea on pinterest where they tookk a shallow box (this cute little case would work), and they filled it with cardboard toilet/paper towel inserts (the cardboard tube left when the roll is done). then they used each circle/tube to hold a couple items each. i tried this in my super narrow medicine cabinet, and it has worked great. i have eyeliners, eye creams and primers, lip products and more all sorted into these little circles. makes getting read... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1400998896.78

On 5/24/2014 just bee said: On 5/24/2014 DL2843 said: Happy Memorial Day Weekend Compactors. Thank you to any of you who have served our country. Dosey thank you for the kind words. I managed to avoid buying the Laura Geller TSV yesterday. I just kept thinking about the three opened foundations that I have and the unopened blush with the 3 opened blushes. I am impressed that many of you use up lip products. They seem to last forever for me. I've been ComPacting for so long, yet still have so much to use. I just reorganized some bottles of shower gels and lotions and all I can say is: What the... Continue Reading

Re: La Mer vs Algenist

In Beauty Banter 1400951610.987

On 5/24/2014 suzyQ3 said: On 5/24/2014 wackers said: I used La Mer about 20 years ago and really wasn't all that impressed. To be honest though, I really didn't need it for anti-aging but more for the moisturization. It did a decent job but nothing miraculous as I have very dry skin. I wouldn't make the leap that La Mer and Algenist are similar because both incorporate algae. I believe La Mer references marine based ingredients over algae specifically but could be incorrect on that. It's been a long time since I was really familiar with the exact ingredients. I would think that La Mer would h... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1400907958.78

BOO BEE!!! HI!!!! sorry i am a dilenquent (sp) poster. i miss you , i think about you, but just cant seem to make myself dive into the makeup world of beauty banter, even though i am in recovery, lol, it still makes me just nuts. busy, crazy--just like everyone else, but it is the lack of alone time that makes me guard my 'precious' minutes when everyone was asleep. trying to rest more, post less, it has taken me two years to get out of the grandma funk, and realize i wasnt taking care of myself at all. but i think of you all the time, and am like....tomorrow morning for sure, then i fal... Continue Reading

Re: 0/T The Walking Dead

In Beauty Banter 1395839760.047

On 3/24/2014 annabellethecat said: I just enjoy hearing the men in my family talk about this show and how I should watch it. They always say, "It's about relationships. It's not about dead people". That's funny to me. I'm sure it must be a good show. There are a lot of people who love it. lol, thats what adult, mature, zombie lovers say to rationalize their love of the show, lol!! myself included, but there are plenty of zombies to go around. i have been weaning off shows with a feeling of desolation or hopelessness, but somehow this show just keeps pulling me and that IS because of the ... Continue Reading

Re: OT: PAGING JUST BEE--anyone seen our compact thread maven???

In Beauty Banter 1395809541.36

On 3/25/2014 grammarqueen said: She started a March Compact thread - she just replied to me over the weekend. thank you for replying!! belleandme Continue Reading

Page 1 of 774
1 2 3 4 ...774Next