Better Than Black Friday
125 Members and 14225 Guests Online

Bird mama's Activity

Re: November's Birds Nest - Thanksgiving Edition

In Among Friends 1416943499.08

Mousie - that story is beautiful. I have to copy it into a word document for posterity. Thank you so much! Continue Reading

In Among Friends 1416931535.15

Bird of the Day is the Spot Billed Pelican (most threatened sub species of the Pelican family) Continue Reading

In Among Friends 1416921812.113

Freddie - the actual Berry College thread hasn't been started yet - I think that comes in Jan or Feb. I think Kachina was trying to find our thread - the Nest - to let us know that the Berry College eagles are getting their nest ready (they start wooing really early ) Freddie - please take care to get some rest. Your hectic household is wearing you down Continue Reading

Re: Tender Moment

In Pet Lovers 1416878053.657

kcladyz - I read about the loss of your feathered baby in another thread. As a person who has hand raised 3 sparrows (I realize smaller than your birds), I wanted to share with you that Polly's Pet Perches are pretty good for helping to keep nails groomed. I use wood perches like you and some orthopedic ones that are shaped differently. My birds seem to do well with the sandwalk orthopedic ones. http://www.pollyspetproducts.com/perches.html My condolences on the loss of your bird. I lost my first female in July. She was 9 years, 9 days old and it hurt me really bad. Continue Reading

Re: The Sidewalk Cafe........a great place to chat!

In Among Friends 1416877400.913

Puddles, my flock and I are pulling for you and want you to get well soon. Continue Reading

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

In Fashion Talk 1416876396.15

On 11/24/2014 magicmoodz said: On 11/24/2014 winamac1 said: I am very much bothered by the insane s/h prices. I buy far less from Qvc simply due to exhorbitant s/h. They don't care and must still be making money. My shopping habits are often predicated on who has the lowest s/h. Me too, win. Even if something is just what I want, I refuse to pay high shipping & handling. I'm cheap that way. Me three. Continue Reading

In Among Friends 1416876235

Kachina - thanks for the heads up. We do a new thread each month, so feel free to stop by anytime. Continue Reading

Re: I don't do Black Friday shopping, do you?

In Fashion Talk 1416866485.343

Several years ago, around my mother's thanksgiving table, my sister and nieces and nephews started talking about the black friday deals. I'm the youngest of my siblings. My middle sister got caught up in the hype and asked me if I wanted to try shopping on black friday. I sat there, muching on my dessert and sounding years older than my 80+ year old mother, I said, well, does it require me to get up before the crack of dawn and do I have to stand in a line somewhere in the cold? My face must have said it all because that was the last time I was asked to go. I'm no Rockefeller but I honestl... Continue Reading

Re: Thanksgiving at the Back Fence

In Among Friends 1416864375.23

Epi, good luck with the colonoscopy. The prep is the worst Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1044
1 2 3 4 ...1044Next