Christmas in July(R) Sale
14 Members and 12094 Guests Online

BLH's Activity

Re: qvc outlets stores are closing in october, 2014

In Fashion Talk 1406754681.823

I have a friend who works at QVC and she said that items that they can't sell, they sell to Boscov's and places like that. Continue Reading

Re: Macular degeneration

In Health & Fitness 1406724341.507

There are two kinds of macular degeneration. Wet and dry. Macular degeneration affects your central vision. Someone with macular degeneration can be looking at you but can't see your face, but can see all around you. There is nothing you can do for the dry except take the vitamins to try to slow down the progression. The wet is the leaking behind your eye and that's the one they give the injections for. It can run in families. People with macular degeneration should look at an amsler grid everyday to see if there is any difference in their vision. Lighting is very important to these p... Continue Reading

Re: Mary Beth's Menu - Ice Cream Bombe

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Recipe Swap, Hosts & Personalities 1406557430.273

Looks great. Thanks for the recipe. Keep them coming. I enjoy you so much. Continue Reading

Re: Need a Dress for a Wake and Funeral STAT

In Fashion Talk 1406212486.96

My mother always told me to have at least one black outfit to wear to a funeral because if someone dies, especially suddenly, you are not going to want to go shopping. I have several black, navy and gray outfits in the back of my closet that I keep just in case. Continue Reading

Re: It was so nice to see Lena McIlwain.

In All About Accessories 1405972231.247

On 7/21/2014 FlowershopGirl said: I wish I'd seen her! Will she return? She and Dave King were my favorite hosts at night back in the day when QVC was interesting to watch. She was selling Kathleen Kirkwood items. Continue Reading

It was so nice to see Lena McIlwain.

Last Reply by Azcowgirl 1405974005.84 | Started by BLH in All About Accessories

It was so nice to see Lena on the accessories show this morning. I often think about her. I really enjoyed her when she was a host. It's also nice to see Lori Shore and Lisa Mason. Continue Reading

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR BAKING COOKIES FOR WEDDING

In Recipe Swap 1405950689.717

On 7/18/2014 StlrFan said: The Wedding Cookie Table is a staple in the Pittsburgh, SW PA area. I have baked cookies for 2 daughter's weddings and numerous relatives and friend's children's weddings. All have been baked and frozen. We've done chocolate chips, snowballs, buckeyes, peanut butter balls, strawberries, nut horns, peaches, pizzelles, cannolis, brownies, thumbprints, pecan tassies, and on and on. I think the only type we haven't frozen is a caramel tassy. Those are done the day before we deliver all to the reception site. I have used saran, wax paper, parchment and aluminum foil to w... Continue Reading

Re: O/T ~ Remedies for Ringing in the Ears?

In Beauty Banter 1405950393.18

I have ringing in my ears that came on suddenly. I asked my doctor about it and he said it is due to hearing loss which is normal and comes with age. He never even looked in my ears. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 129
1 2 3 4 ...129Next