New Holiday Decor
45 Members and 15869 Guests Online

Me And My Shadow's Activity

Re: Home is where........welcome! :)

In Viewpoints 1413858335.71

donna... So, you were in CT and Boston this weekend...I saw your post this morning mentioning the weather in these areas, so I suspected that you pulled another one on me! Thanks so much for your support and I really appreciate your offering your "chat services" if needed..LOL..I will keep that in mind. ...However, right now, the other party is sweating it out so that should do for now! Where is everyone?...It's been a very quiet day and night...I understand you are going through a difficult time right now with your Mom's health issue, and I'm sending my best to you and your family...There... Continue Reading

Re: Opinions On Painting Project...Open Floor Plan

In For the Home Talk 1413855632.257

On 10/20/2014 happy housewife said: Before we moved into our open floor plan home I would never have thought of painting an entire house all the same color BUT when we saw how this home looked when it was completed and all painted one very soft , pretty neutral color it totally won me over.You can literally see into every room in our house from the main living area when the bedroom doors are open so it does make it seem softer to the eye and more as it is intended to be for it to all be one color. Every wall in my house is painted Killian beige -the ceilings are all a soft oyster white and th... Continue Reading

Re: DWTS - 10/20/14 - Elimination - Possible Spoilers

In Viewpoints 1413854263.277

I've always been an avid fan of DWTS, but this season is just strange to me and I'm having a hard time really getting into it...When you compare it to when it first started, it appears to be lacking the personality and chemistry that it once had and the format is all over the place. With that being said, I will just dance right out of here! Continue Reading

Re: DWTS - 10/20/14 - Elimination - Possible Spoilers

In Viewpoints 1413850163.643

Wow!...Val & Janel are in jeopardy...but Tommy & Peta are safe?...What the heck? Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1413849607.973

On 10/20/2014 Tulips4U said: OP - would you mind sharing the green color that you are so pleases with? Thanks! Hi Tulips...I just went down in our basement to check after I saw your post...It is Benjamin Moore "Liberty Park" 487....If you love greens, this is a very lovely, soft green shade!...They now have Aura Bath & Spa paint specifically for bathrooms. ETA...Don't go by the online color, although it looks quite close, it is actually a softer shade...If you are interested in seeing the true color, get a sample from the paint store and actually paint a good size test spot on your wall ... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1413849141.063

On 10/20/2014 mima said: We have a similar layout. I think the green foyer would look nice! We had our foyer a different color than the kitchen, living, and dining areas even though you could see them all at once. It looked nice. When we repainted, we painted the kitchen walls only a different color, so we then had the foyer, living and dining areas all the same. We didn't want to see 3 different colors at the same time. So now our foyer is the same as the rest and the kitchen is different. Hi mima...That's interesting!...So you ended up blending your foyer in with the rest of your rooms, e... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1413847514.31

On 10/20/2014 VaBelle35 said: I have a townhouse with an open floor plan, so all the walls can be seen from all levels at every angle. What I did was use the same tonal family. The last time I painted, I used Martha Stewart's paint colors (I used Glidden Duo, but they mixed them using Martha's color recipe). Martha categorizes her colors like Giranimals. Everything with an Apple symbol on it goes together. So even if I used green and blue, the colors went together because of the undertones. The other part of the equation is deciding which wall or wall part goes in which room and gets which co... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1413846945.177

On 10/20/2014 babyb said: Love the idea of the foyer being that shade of green. Maybe just try to work in a few accessories in that same green shade in those adjoining rooms to make them really all seem like they work/flow together. babyb...Yes, it just so happens that I already have accessories in my rooms that are in similar soft green colors...throws, accent pillows, a lovely soft green ottoman in living area and a soft green chair in an alcove area in our dining area so, as you can see, I have done it in a way where that beautiful color flows through each area....Painting our foyer will... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1413846415.697

On 10/20/2014 brii said: As long as the green compliments the paint that you currently have, I don't see why not. The foyer would be the perfect place to use the green that you love so much. Yes, brii...I absolutely agree about the foyer being the perfect place to showcase the beautiful soft green shade and, from the input that I have received here, it has made me realize that it will also be a great way of complementing the soft green accents that I have in the rooms that are visible from the foyer, so it will all come together very nicely! I appreciate your taking the time to reply...than... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 378
1 2 3 4 ...378Next