Weekend Preview
18 Members and 8983 Guests Online

GoodStuff's Activity

Re: Disgusted with host (Gabriel? on at 9:48 PT or 12:48 ET, Friday Oct. 17th)

In Pet Lovers 1414090026.397

On 10/22/2014 MarLoCat said: On 10/22/2014 GoodStuff said: On 10/22/2014 MarLoCat said: Oh, get a grip. Animals deserve humane, conscientious care and treatment in a good home. No one should be cavalier about "getting rid" of an unwanted animal, but many things can happen that make it unwise or impossible to keep an animal in your home, whatever your initial intentions. In that case, your duty is to find another good home for the animal. Most of the pets I've owned have been rescue/adoptees. They've settled into their new home with us with little or no difficulty and have lived out happy, c... Continue Reading

Re: I need a meatloaf recipe!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414029812.213

On 10/22/2014 Sooner said: On 10/22/2014 GoodStuff said: On 10/22/2014 Sooner said: On the other hand, you don't really need any fillers at all. And I never use eggs in it either. I have never had one fall apart and I take it in a loaf pan with the drip rack. I don't want the fillers to soak up grease during baking, so I just omit them. Sooner, my dear, what you have there is seasoned ground meat pressed into a loaf pan and baked......so I guess it's legit to call it a "meatloaf". Every traditional meat loaf recipe I've ever seen involves a filler to stretch the meat and eggs to hold the mix... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413994417.187

On 10/22/2014 Sammijo said: On 10/21/2014 GoodStuff said: Chickenbutt cooks like I do! Measure? What for? If you know the basic components of a recipe, you put in what you need, flavor it to your taste and it turns out every time! The basic components of a meatloaf are ground beef, chopped onions, bread crumbs (or some people use oatmeal of cracker crumbs, which is fine too), tomato sauce or catsup, eggs, and herbs/seasonings. I season meatloaf with worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian herbs (either a prepared herb mix or oregano and/or basil. Mix it up, pre... Continue Reading

Re: Disgusted with host (Gabriel? on at 9:48 PT or 12:48 ET, Friday Oct. 17th)

In Pet Lovers 1413993062.423

On 10/22/2014 MarLoCat said: Oh, get a grip. Animals deserve humane, conscientious care and treatment in a good home. No one should be cavalier about "getting rid" of an unwanted animal, but many things can happen that make it unwise or impossible to keep an animal in your home, whatever your initial intentions. In that case, your duty is to find another good home for the animal. Most of the pets I've owned have been rescue/adoptees. They've settled into their new home with us with little or no difficulty and have lived out happy, cared-for lives as part of our family. There is NO REASON p... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413991660.07

On 10/22/2014 Sooner said: On the other hand, you don't really need any fillers at all. And I never use eggs in it either. I have never had one fall apart and I take it in a loaf pan with the drip rack. I don't want the fillers to soak up grease during baking, so I just omit them. Sooner, my dear, what you have there is seasoned ground meat pressed into a loaf pan and baked......so I guess it's legit to call it a "meatloaf". Every traditional meat loaf recipe I've ever seen involves a filler to stretch the meat and eggs to hold the mix together. The point was to save money by stretching the ... Continue Reading

Re: In search of recipe involving hot milk and bread?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413991222.63

Sorghum is a sweet grass (maybe a little like sugar cane), and old-time Southerners used to make syrup from it. Hot biscuits with butter and sorghum syrup poured over is an old country Southern specialty. Sorghum syrup can still be found, but it is sort of an unusual specialty product nowadays. I've tried it, and the flavor is a bit strong and intense for my tastes. Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413990726.463

On 10/22/2014 Madisson said: On 10/21/2014 gkelly5744 said: On 10/21/2014 beach-mom said: Here's our favorite: 2 lbs. ground beef 1 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs 1 onion , chopped 2-3 cloves garlic, minced 2 eggs, beaten 1/2-1 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper Mix and bake at 375 degrees for one hour. This is almost exactly like I make mine! No fillers and it comes out great every time! Wouldn't the cup of bread crumbs be considered a filler? I think some sort of filler is what makes meatloaf awesome. We use oatmeal as a filler when we make meatloaf...and we have several different versions... Continue Reading

Re: TSV Turkey Fryer

In TSV Talk 1413990332.703

I have eaten fried turkey, and although it is good, I don't consider it superior to traditional roasted turkey -- and certainly not deserving of the extra trouble of frying a large bird! Few things are easier than seasoning a turkey and roasting it in a conventional oven. I have no clue why anyone would want to bother with oil, its disposal, the potential mess of a greasy fried turkey......or purchasing and storing a really large specialized frying appliance like today's turkey fryer. This TSV is a no-go for me in so many ways. Continue Reading

Re: Opinion on this desk...

In For the Home Talk 1413941469.443

It's very simple and attractive.........but probably not practical. Where do you put all your school/office supplies if your desk has no drawers? Drawers hide a lot of mess and clutter and keep supplies close at hand. Modern computers notwithstanding, everybody needs (and loves) staples, paper clips, paper, folders, notebooks, sheet protectors, markers, and all the rest. I wouldn't like separate storage bins, file boxes, or baskets nearly as much as handy drawers. (I'm sitting right now at my much-loved big roll-top desk with enough drawers, cubbies, and compartments to keep me happy and... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1413940998.59

Chickenbutt cooks like I do! Measure? What for? If you know the basic components of a recipe, you put in what you need, flavor it to your taste and it turns out every time! The basic components of a meatloaf are ground beef, chopped onions, bread crumbs (or some people use oatmeal of cracker crumbs, which is fine too), tomato sauce or catsup, eggs, and herbs/seasonings. I season meatloaf with worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian herbs (either a prepared herb mix or oregano and/or basil. Mix it up, press it into a loaf pan, and top it with a mix of catsu... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1299
1 2 3 4 ...1299Next