Maxi Dresses
139 Members and 9988 Guests Online

GoodStuff's Activity

Re: Aging Gracefully

In Beauty Banter 1398268013.643

Aging gracefully involves accepting and even embracing the changes, challenges, and blessings that come with age and maturity. It includes recognizing that youth and even life itself (at least life in this world) aren't forever. While we should do what we can to care for our bodies, health, and appearance, tending our spirits and relationships is even more key to joy and fulfillment in our later years. Love, joy, peace, and wisdom give us a deep and genuine beauty that no blush, lipstick, or foundation can ever give. Continue Reading

Re: O/T Mom's Moving In

In Fashion Talk 1398201905.023

On 4/22/2014 Sooner said: On 4/22/2014 Ford1224 said: As the TV ad says, "Peanut butter should be 'put' in the pantry. People shouldn't be 'put' anywhere." I agree, but sometimes you have to "put" people somewhere. Indeed. Nobody wants to "put" Mom anywhere, but sometimes parents are no longer capable of caring for themselves, recognizing their need for help and changes, making decisions for themselves, moving themselves -- and not in a frame of mind to cooperate with children who are doing their best to provide the care they need and ensure their safety. Unless you are willing to leave p... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1398191178.167

Seriously, folks, all jabs, jokes, and sentimental stories aside: Taking care of elderly parents in failing health is a heckuva challenge. All families, all old folks, and all situations are different, and there isn't one "fits-all" solution. Every family has to find its way through the situation with all the sense and grace it can muster. I lost my sweet Mom to Alzheimer's just a few months ago. We are still dealing with DH's nearly 97 year old mother and older, mentally handicapped brother at present, both in nearby care facilities -- with much care and input from DH and myself -- the only ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1398177317.997

On 4/21/2014 occasional rain said: On 4/21/2014 GoodStuff said: On 4/21/2014 occasional rain said: On 4/21/2014 Shopping_Mama said: With all due respect to Annabelle, I disagree. Your house, your rules. We just moved Hubby's mother in a few months ago. She was hoarding, overspending, not taking her medicine correctly, and hiding things in her own home. Neither myself nor DH are going to allow it for one minute. We established a schedule, set the rules (boundaries, we call them), and brought to her life the structure that she always needed as an adult but failed to establish. After a 4-5 month... Continue Reading

Re: Love/Hate relationship with Lori Goldstein

In Fashion Talk 1398177042.58

I agree: Lori goes overboard with the layering and color-mixing. Some of her pieces are very nice, though I personally prefer most of them worn on their own or perhaps two at a time in more "traditional" ways. On the other hand, I absolutely love her creativity and her sense of fun in putting together pieces and colors in unexpected ways. Lori is so personable, and her genuine enthusiasm about her line and about creative dressing is infectious. I wouldn't wear many of the outfits in the configurations she shows, but I'd kind of hate to miss seeing what she comes up with. I always enjoy ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1398139604.36

On 4/21/2014 occasional rain said: On 4/21/2014 Shopping_Mama said: With all due respect to Annabelle, I disagree. Your house, your rules. We just moved Hubby's mother in a few months ago. She was hoarding, overspending, not taking her medicine correctly, and hiding things in her own home. Neither myself nor DH are going to allow it for one minute. We established a schedule, set the rules (boundaries, we call them), and brought to her life the structure that she always needed as an adult but failed to establish. After a 4-5 month adjustment period, we have all 3 adapted to living in harmony w... Continue Reading

Re: Flordia State Bug Problem

In For the Home Talk 1398138898.173

Those huge roaches we endure in the South (Palmetto bugs, water bugs, whatever you call them) are the ugliest, scariest things. Some of them are two or three inches long, they move really FAST, and some of them can FLY, too! One of the few creatures that can make me really scream and run. I despise them -- but they don't usually breed in the house; they come from outdoors. They live in mulch, under porches, in wooded areas, in rotted trees or logs, etc. You can spray in and right around your house (if you don't fear chemicals as I do), but roaches are notoriously hard to kill, and you can't g... Continue Reading

Re: Funeral visitations

In Beauty Banter 1398097275.583

I think it's up to you. In this case, where you haven't been in touch with your former coworker for a long time and probably didn't know her father well (if at all), I think it would be perfectly fine to simply send a card expressing your condolences. Continue Reading

Re: Easter outfit

In Fashion Talk 1398096851.593

On 4/20/2014 gubby1 said: I agree lovestoteach! She's gonna rock that dress today!!! I don't know why GoodStuff needs to constantly try to rain on her parade! I love celebrations and parades, and I love beautiful fashion.......and I don't want to "rain" on anything. As I said, kudos to any lady who can rock this body-con dress! However, IMO church isn't the proper place to flaunt even the most enviable curves. Most churches are more relaxed nowadays, with pants, jean jackets, etc. totally appropriate -- and I'm fine with that. However, I personally don't like to see folks in church in backl... Continue Reading

Re: I want to stop eating out !!!

In Health & Fitness 1398094921.35

DH and I are both retired now, and like you we plan to cut back on restaurant expenses. We both enjoy eating out, so we won't cut it out altogether, but we plan to make restaurant outings less frequent and make them "special events" rather than routine. We plan to make better use of coupons and discounts for those times we do go out and also to have more lunches out rather than dinners for a big savings. He has recently bought a new BBQ grill, and we plan to make our dinners at home more special and enjoyable. A work in progress, but we'll definitely be cutting back -- and we're OK about ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1161
1 2 3 4 ...1161Next