Shoes & Handbags Offers
170 Members and 12697 Guests Online

GoodStuff's Activity

Re: Where do you leave your dog when going on vacation?

In Pet Lovers 1409691608.55

We don't have dogs; we have cats......and if we're gone for more than a day or so, we board them at our vet's office. No, they aren't happy about it, but I trust the excellent staff there to take good care of them, love on them, let them out of the cages daily, etc. We've done it several times, and they've been fine when we picked them up -- and glad to come back home. They are indoor/outdoor cats, and if someone isn't here to let them in and out on demand, our frisky male would literally tear the house apart. Therefore, a pet-sitter who drops by daily wouldn't work for our situation. Continue Reading

Re: Man oh Man look at the price! J295462

In Judith Ripka 1409668962.787

"Selfishly tampering with the artist's creativity". That's a good one.......and so indicative of the mindless loyalty characteristic of enthusiastic followers of a few big name brands on QVC, perhaps none more than WEN and Ripka. That's the kind of mindset I'm reacting to when I post acerbic comments on those boards once in a while. Just so overwhelmingly, offensively......dumb. There's nothing wrong with liking, enjoying, or buying a product; just please don't check your brain or your calculator at the door! Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1409629009.713

On 9/1/2014 Oneanddone said: On 9/1/2014 GoodStuff said: On 8/28/2014 Crazed4Gems said: I am an August baby and I am quite fond of peridot but I'm not THAT fond of it! That is seriously highway robbery!! Actually, this doesn't qualify as "highway robbery", because no one is coercing people to buy the bracelet at gunpoint. What's truly distressing is that some people are willingly dropping that amount of money to own a JR/QVC piece that is worth only a small fraction of the quoted price by any objective standards........and are willing to believe the purchase is worth it. Just. Plain. Sad. W... Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1409606259.353

On 9/1/2014 terrier3 said: On 9/1/2014 GoodStuff said: On 8/28/2014 Crazed4Gems said: I am an August baby and I am quite fond of peridot but I'm not THAT fond of it! That is seriously highway robbery!! Actually, this doesn't qualify as "highway robbery", because no one is coercing people to buy the bracelet at gunpoint. What's truly distressing is that some people are willingly dropping that amount of money to own a JR/QVC piece that is worth only a small fraction of the quoted price by any objective standards........and are willing to believe the purchase is worth it. Just. Plain. Sad. Som... Continue Reading

Re: A Pleasant Surprise - - Perplexed! Need Advice!

In Among Friends 1409604000.37

I totally agree with others; your friends may have meant well, but booking a cruise for you without consulting you first was definitely overstepping the bounds! You've already given them a perfectly reasonable and adequate response; I'd go right ahead with your plans to spend time with your family during the holidays and not give your cruising friends another thought. Perhaps they can cancel your reservation; if not, they can ask someone else to take your place on the cruise. You do not need to be apologetic about this. The problem is with them. I'd make it clear to them that you appreciate t... Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1409603178.83

On 8/28/2014 Crazed4Gems said: I am an August baby and I am quite fond of peridot but I'm not THAT fond of it! That is seriously highway robbery!! Actually, this doesn't qualify as "highway robbery", because no one is coercing people to buy the bracelet at gunpoint. What's truly distressing is that some people are willingly dropping that amount of money to own a JR/QVC piece that is worth only a small fraction of the quoted price by any objective standards........and are willing to believe the purchase is worth it. Just. Plain. Sad. Continue Reading

Re: Fall Decor..........

In For the Home Talk 1409602633.81

My "outside fall decorating" consists of putting a big clay jack o' lantern beside our front door. I do it just before Halloween. Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1409602431.317

On 8/30/2014 MissouriMom said: Cubic Zirconia CZ Peridot/Silver $8500.00 to over 9 THOUSAND dollars!!Judith Ripka Price gouging for sure! Shameful avariciousness! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Peridot/Sterling $249! ShopHQ ------------------------------------------------------------------- Liquidation channel white TOPAZ, Peridot, Silver $149! Oh, My Goodness! Thanks for the comps, Missouri Mom! These comparison products say it ALL, don't they? Or maybe QVC's Diamonique crystals are worth the extra $8,000 or so?! Get smart or get ta... Continue Reading

Re: Electric bill

In For the Home Talk 1409601693.39

It's hot here in Atlanta -- in the low 90's today. If it's not too warm and muggy we often open our windows and run our ceiling fans for a while in the mornings and then turn on the A/C when it gets too warm for comfort. It's nice to air out the house and hear the birds and outdoor sounds while we enjoy our morning coffee and the newspaper. Our downstairs living area doesn't usually heat up too fast; today we turned on the air about 1:00 p.m. The upstairs unit was needed earlier. We set our A/C to 78 during the day and 76 at night. We have two A/C units (one upstairs, one down), and our hous... Continue Reading

Re: Let's talk TUNICS!

In Fashion Talk 1409589346.39

On 9/1/2014 lolakimono said: With the temperatures starting to dip (still hot here) many will be getting their leggings out. What great tunics do you own or have you seen out in the marketplace? This is my favorite Q tunic, from LCNY (on clearance now). A220833 It exists in a similar cut, but with different patterns. A233522 (also clearance) (also clearance- A239002) (clearance- A251212) These are nice if you're long and lean. If you are larger, have a tummy, and/or are busty, fuhgeddabout it! These will look most unflatteringly like maternity tops. I know this from bitter expe... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1257
1 2 3 4 ...1257Next