TSV(R) Preview
123 Members and 13014 Guests Online

GoodStuff's Activity

Re: Shoe Shopping with Grandma, I mean Jayne~

In Fashion Talk 1397835049.22

I think the SSwJ shows are the TV shopping equivalent of the Footsmart catalogue! Orthopedic comfort shoes for mature ladies with foot problems. Apparently QVC has a big customer base in this demographic. The shoes are selling and the shows are popular, so methinks they're meeting a need. Sorry if this isn't what some customers are looking for...... Continue Reading

Re: I had such high hopes...never thought I'd return so many...

In Dooney & Bourke 1397834727.45

On 4/17/2014 Inwe Calafalas said: On 4/17/2014 GoodStuff said: On 4/17/2014 Beckron said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: On 4/16/2014 Inwe Calafalas said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: On 4/16/2014 Krissie62 said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: Some of you ladies seem to be buying a LOT of expensive handbags. Maybe it's good that you aren't keeping all of them........? And this is your business how? Probably because OP chose to open up about her shopping habits and experiences on an anonymous public bulletin board. With a "reply" button right under the post inviting responses from anyone who wou... Continue Reading

Re: Easter outfit

In Fashion Talk 1397768046.017

I can remember when my mom used to slave over her sewing machine for weeks to turn out Easter frocks for her four daughters. My sisters and I were always decked out in layers of chiffon or organza with crinolines underneath (when we were little), white gloves, Easter hats bedecked with ribbons and flowers, and new white patent Easter shoes worn with lace-edged socks. Mom also got a new Easter outfit every year. Nowadays some people still follow those old traditions, but I rarely do. I'll wear something in springy colors Sunday, but it won't be brand new or overly dressy. Easter is more ... Continue Reading

In Dooney & Bourke 1397766966.993

On 4/17/2014 Beckron said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: On 4/16/2014 Inwe Calafalas said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: On 4/16/2014 Krissie62 said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: Some of you ladies seem to be buying a LOT of expensive handbags. Maybe it's good that you aren't keeping all of them........? And this is your business how? Probably because OP chose to open up about her shopping habits and experiences on an anonymous public bulletin board. With a "reply" button right under the post inviting responses from anyone who would like to comment..... Perhaps you didn't know: That's how bul... Continue Reading

In Dooney & Bourke 1397699283.963

On 4/16/2014 Inwe Calafalas said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: On 4/16/2014 Krissie62 said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: Some of you ladies seem to be buying a LOT of expensive handbags. Maybe it's good that you aren't keeping all of them........? And this is your business how? Probably because OP chose to open up about her shopping habits and experiences on an anonymous public bulletin board. With a "reply" button right under the post inviting responses from anyone who would like to comment..... Perhaps you didn't know: That's how bulletin boards work. You post your comments, and anyone wh... Continue Reading

Re: OT: Anyone Get Bruising from a Tooth Filling?

In Linea 1397698526.037

On 4/15/2014 GraceCO said: On 4/15/2014 GoodStuff said: This old medical assistant knows that any time you stick a needle into someone -- to draw blood, give an immunization, inject novocaine, whatever -- there's the possibility of breaking a blood vessel and causing a hematoma and bruising. It doesn't happen that often, fortunately, but it sounds like this was your "lucky day" at the dentist. Applying ice was the right response.......and you'll probably have a sore, black and blue area for a week or two. Sorry, but it will go away after a while. Thanks, Goodstuff--that's helpful to know. Th... Continue Reading

In Dooney & Bourke 1397697743.623

On 4/16/2014 Krissie62 said: On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said: Some of you ladies seem to be buying a LOT of expensive handbags. Maybe it's good that you aren't keeping all of them........? And this is your business how? Probably because OP chose to open up about her shopping habits and experiences on an anonymous public bulletin board. With a "reply" button right under the post inviting responses from anyone who would like to comment..... Perhaps you didn't know: That's how bulletin boards work. You post your comments, and anyone who reads them is free to respond with a comment, a question, ... Continue Reading

In Dooney & Bourke 1397664395.777

Some of you ladies seem to be buying a LOT of expensive handbags. Maybe it's good that you aren't keeping all of them........? Continue Reading

Re: And they wonder why the malls are dying

In Beauty Banter 1397664146.88

I don't personally believe that the decline of big, enclosed shopping malls is a sign of a dying culture. There may be other signs of cultural decline, but I think the decline of malls simply reflects changing trends in business and shopping. It's an endless evolution. I remember a few decades ago when the first enclosed malls were The Big New Thing; now that trend has run its course and is coming to an end, at least for now. Online shopping and outdoor specialty shopping centers are growing trends now. Things don't stay the same for long, ever. It's also important to remember that many citie... Continue Reading

Re: Ham Gravy

In Recipe Swap 1397618480.327

On 4/15/2014 forrestwolf said: Instead of Red Eye gravy, made always with coffee, and no flour, you can make the ham gravy just as you would sausage gravy, without the sausage in it, but out of the ham drippings, and adding the flour and milk (or for really good taste, add Pet Milk, or Carnation Milk) to make it a little more rich (add a bit of water), since there is no meat........only drippings........in the gravy.......... This kind of gravy made from ham (or other fried meat) drippings thickened with flour and perhaps with milk added is often called "Sawmill Gravy" in the South. I've hea... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1159
1 2 3 4 ...1159Next