WEN by Chaz Dean
137 Members and 12116 Guests Online

GoodStuff's Activity

Re: A guy on House Hunters today ...

In For the Home Talk 1409191062.65

On 8/27/2014 Buck-i-Nana said: I simply don't see NOT buying a 2 story house if that is what you want. Everyone is different, obviously. If the stairs become troublesome, you can have a stair-lift installed for less than $5000. In my book, that's a small price to pay to live in the home you love. A stair-lift can be a great help to people who have difficulty with stairs and can certainly extend the time one can safely stay in a multi-level home. I know several people who have them and use them daily. On the other hand, when people develop problems with balance, coordination, and general mo... Continue Reading

Re: QVC.com not available

In Electronics Talk 1409173002.823

On 8/27/2014 chickenbutt said: On 8/27/2014 GoodStuff said: When i tried to get on QVC.com last night, I got a scary warning that something/someone might be trying to direct me to a fake site that was not really QVC, and my browser refused to navigate to the QVC site. It said it might be a problem with the server (QVC's, I guess) or some kind of malware. First time I've seen anything like that. My virus protection software indicated that security was up to date and OK with my computer. Things seem back to normal this morning. I wonder if QVC was hacked last night? I got that too, yesterday... Continue Reading

Re: Ripka Orlando Boutique/Outlet closing

In Judith Ripka 1409172313.193

On 8/24/2014 terrier3 said: On 8/24/2014 lianne said: On 8/22/2014 newjerseygirl said: On 8/22/2014 honey624 said: Worse than that, her flagship in NYC is closing, the only store in NYC is the small one on the corner of 61st - sad. There was an article in WWD in July regarding the closing of some stores. It mentioned that the Madison Ave store would stay, but it didn't specify the Flagship or the smaller one on 61st. Scroll down for the article: http://www.xcelbrands.com/wp-content/uploads/WWD-Judith-Ripka.KGK-7.21.14.pdf It also says in the article that xcel does the designing and manuf... Continue Reading

Re: Find anything new in the grocery store lately?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1409171337.807

I use mixes and prepared foods only occasionally, so I'm not really up on new items there, but I recently tried the store-made fresh yogurt cups Publix sells in their produce section -- so YUMMY! A good-size plastic cup with fresh vanilla yogurt in the bottom and a mixture of delicious fresh fruits generously piled on top. You can pick from a variety of fruit combos -- fresh strawberries, peach slices, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, watermelon chunks, and more. These are delicious! Another new item I've recently discovered is that Kroger has come out with a store-br... Continue Reading

Re: Florals in fall?

In Linea 1409153304.84

I had never considered ruling out florals during any part of the year, assuming the fabric and weight are appropriate for the season. I can see that "springy" flowers like tulips might fit in most naturally in spring.........but if you have a wool or other warm sweater with a floral pattern you love, I'd say you're free to enjoy it in fall and right on through the dead of winter! Continue Reading

Re: great finds today at marshalls!

In Fashion Talk 1409151641.5

I haven't visited Marshall's or TJ's in a couple of months. I may try to run by this week. There's a shopping center nearby that has both stores in it. One of my faves! Continue Reading

Re: QVC.com not available

In Electronics Talk 1409151522.733

When i tried to get on QVC.com last night, I got a scary warning that something/someone might be trying to direct me to a fake site that was not really QVC, and my browser refused to navigate to the QVC site. It said it might be a problem with the server (QVC's, I guess) or some kind of malware. First time I've seen anything like that. My virus protection software indicated that security was up to date and OK with my computer. Things seem back to normal this morning. I wonder if QVC was hacked last night? Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1409151183.973

On 8/27/2014 vermint said: On 8/27/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: I think a lot of it depends on genetics, and also how physically active you've been your whole life. I don't believe it's a given that at 60, you find it hard to walk up hills, or that you automatically need a knee replacement. True...but there's also the unexpected fall, or other accident--not to mention illness-- that can happen to even the very fit and genetically blessed! There's nothing "wrong" with a 2-story house that you plan to live in forever, but choosing one with the master bedroom/bath, and laundry on the 1st floor would... Continue Reading

Re: Gold Obession

In All About Handbags 1409150472.033

Gold accents are common, but there certainly are bags with silvertone, gunmetal, or brasstone hardware out there. I'd suggest you go to a store (or several) that offers a wide range of handbag choices and check out the possibilities. Dillard's, Macy's, Belk's, TJ Maxx, Marshall's -- lots of options. Or shop online at these stores or other shopping sites like Zappo's, Amazon, Overstock, and more. Don't just settle for the very limited inventory presented on QVC. Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1409149593.44

Multi-level homes with stairs are fine for the young and healthy. It's wise, though, to begin early to consider and plan for the changes that may come with aging. Our first two homes, when we were starting and raising a family, had upstairs and downstairs. At the time, we did stairs without difficulty, didn't mind lugging laundry to a downstairs laundry room, etc. We moved into our current home when DH and I were in our early 50's and our kids were college age. Now DH and I are in our mid/late 60's; I have arthritis and have had two total knee replacements/rehabs. DH still manages stairs OK a... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1251
1 2 3 4 ...1251Next