Creede Silver Sale
156 Members and 14552 Guests Online

GoodStuff's Activity

Re: First US case of Ebola confirmed

In Viewpoints 1412181170.083

On 10/1/2014 Cakers1 said: On 10/1/2014 GoodStuff said: On 10/1/2014 Cakers1 said: On 10/1/2014 JobGirl said: On 10/1/2014 Cakers1 said: The ER staff and EMS staff are also in isolation, just as a precaution. I'm concerned that the good people of Liberian descent in that area are going to be marked by ignorance on the part of non-Liberian residents. unfortunately many good people of every descent may be affected due to the ignorance of one Liberian non resident I'd be more concerned about that right now He was not ill when he boarded that plane out of Liberia. He became ill in Dallas a f... Continue Reading

Re: If you had to survive on the food that's in your house right now, how long would you last?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1412180708.637

On 10/1/2014 chickenbutt said: A VERY long time. But the dog and bird would be in trouble. I have a lot of stuff vacuum-sealed and frozen in my freezers. Storing in that manner makes them last, pristinely, for years. Of course I use fresh foods too. The bird eats mostly fresh food. I bet there's enough people food in my freezers and cabinets to last 6 to 12 months. I have a pretty good amount of food in my freezer and fridge, too. I'm guessing, though, that a significant national or natural disaster would likely disrupt electric power. So there goes that.........unless you have a generator a... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1412180361.47

On 10/1/2014 Cakers1 said: On 10/1/2014 JobGirl said: On 10/1/2014 Cakers1 said: The ER staff and EMS staff are also in isolation, just as a precaution. I'm concerned that the good people of Liberian descent in that area are going to be marked by ignorance on the part of non-Liberian residents. unfortunately many good people of every descent may be affected due to the ignorance of one Liberian non resident I'd be more concerned about that right now He was not ill when he boarded that plane out of Liberia. He became ill in Dallas a few days after landing. It isn't his fault, nor is he res... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1412180070.413

On 10/1/2014 JobGirl said: On 10/1/2014 Cakers1 said: The ER staff and EMS staff are also in isolation, just as a precaution. I'm concerned that the good people of Liberian descent in that area are going to be marked by ignorance on the part of non-Liberian residents. unfortunately many good people of every descent may be affected due to the ignorance of one Liberian non resident I'd be more concerned about that right now O.M.G. We're way past concerns about "political correctness" or "racial profiling" now. Or we should be. This disease is REAL; it has emerged and is spreading out of co... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1412179844.063

On 10/1/2014 scotttie said: On 10/1/2014 Linders Back said: Meanwhile back in Dallas: Second person who was in contact with #1 is being monitored. Does it say if that person is symptomatic? They haven't confirmed the second case as ebola yet.......but I'm betting they will. Meanwhile, two cases have now emerged in Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation, with more contacts being watched. It's on the move, folks. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1412178068.947

On 10/1/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said: On 10/1/2014 JobGirl said: Shouldn't the first questions asked when you present with flu like symptoms be where have you traveled to/from and have you possibly been exposed to anyone from these affected regions- seriously how hard is that???? You may not know. Those are good starting questions.........but you may not KNOW someone you were in contact with came from a region where ebola is prevalent, or that they contacted someone else from that region. I maintain that a person who is ill with early ebola might spread contamination by touching shared surfac... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1412177545.007

What disturbs me is so many people's complacent willingness to trust our government health authorities, who maintain that they will be "able to control the spread of ebola" in our country. They're good at anti-panic P.R. Meanwhile, the disease spreads out of control in Africa, has sickened several American healthcare workers who presumably were following prescribed transmission precautions, and has now spread into our own country, with the first known case surfacing in Texas. Meanwhile, reports of government incompetence multiply on the news. Government agencies can't safely manage dangerous... Continue Reading

Re: Women as Friends ... Really?

In Among Friends 1412175868.247

Women can be nasty, competitive, and petty. I've encountered some of those. But I am blessed with a large circle of dear women friends who are fun, loving, and truly supportive. One group of about 10 have been close friends for over 30 years, since we all met through a church women's study group and choir. We've been there for each other through raising kids, kids' problems and triumphs, marital and career challenges, and all that life has offered through several decades. We no longer all attend the same church, but we still get together every month for dinner and to catch up. These are the k... Continue Reading

Re: Pasta Sauces

In Recipe Swap 1412175138.103

Like another poster, I start with a bottle/can of prepared marinara sauce and add extras: browned ground beef, Italian sausage, sliced mushrooms and/or ripe olives, a splash of red wine, a little sugar, Italian herbs, tabasco, worcestershire, extra garlic..........the possibilities are endless, and the results delicious. Years ago I used to pride myself on my "made from scratch" spaghetti sauce.......until I found my then small children picking out all of the little bits of fresh veggies and leaving them on the edge of their plates. I tried the bottled sauce approach and found it much easier ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1283
1 2 3 4 ...1283Next