Give Gorgeous
133 Members and 13773 Guests Online

GoodStuff's Activity

Re: My Linea Packing Challenge

In Linea 1414772369.177

I totally "get" the idea of packing a small number of items that can be mixed, matched, and worn in a variety of different configurations to maximize the wardrobe possibilities. What this concept doesn't cover is my personal tendency to splop spaghetti sauce, gravy, or red wine right on the front of whatever I'm wearing. I'm big-busted, and drips and drops never make it to the restaurant napkin neatly folded on my lap; spills unfailingly lodge themselves prominently on my chest. Sorry I'm a klutz, but that's the way it is, try as I might. Kinda messes up the "wear it every day a different way... Continue Reading

Re: Lisa's grape clusters

In For the Home Talk 1414771255.26

Yep. Nothing special about these. Something you can replicate almost anywhere for less. Continue Reading

Re: seems like were in Fantasy Land!

In For the Home Talk 1414771161.923

On 10/31/2014 Hooty said: On 10/22/2014 brewhaha said: I'm waiting for Tattoo to shout "the plain, the plain". I don't want to sound rude but I think it is ........... "the plane, the plane" ......... as in Airplane!!! Of course it is really the "plane". She was making a play on words, calling for the simplicity of a "plain" holiday....... Continue Reading

Re: Need a Good, Simple Sweet Potato Recipe

In Recipe Swap 1414770870.693

I have several good sweet potato casserole recipes, but they are very rich, very sweet, very fattening -- and require time and effort to prepare. Lately I have gotten into the habit of simply baking whole sweet potatoes and then putting them on the table with do-it-yourself serving containers of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and toasted pecans. Each diner splits open his own hot potato and adds fixings to his individual tastes. Easy and delicious! Honestly, the farther along in life I travel, the more I appreciate and adopt easier approaches to everything. Some of the fuss and trouble just ... Continue Reading

Re: seems like were in Fantasy Land!

In For the Home Talk 1414769788.553

Advertising and sales are pretty much based in "fantasyland" all the time, everywhere, aren't they? I wouldn't let the exaggerated ideal depress you too much. Nor do I allow unrealistic standards to make me miserable because I can't always duplicate the in my own home and life. "Do" the holidays the way that works for you and your family, focusing on the meaning behind the holidays rather than on impressing others or meeting some exterior standard. Relax, simplify, and enjoy. Continue Reading

Re: Thanksgiving dilemma

In Mom to Mom Forum 1414769484.293

I think you accept the invitation and take along whoever wants to go with you. I agree that you can have a special meal later with those who choose not to go. You shouldn't spoil your own holiday out of fear of offending members of your family. Sounds like they are being very fussy and demanding. Don't let that make your decision for you. Continue Reading

Re: Just for Fun: what "Pursonality" are you

In All About Handbags 1414769290.213

Probably moderately "boho chic". I mostly gravitate to hobos and other less structured looks. You'd need to add "affordable" to my description, though. I shop for bags at off-price stores like TJ Maxx and usually spend well under $50. Continue Reading

Re: Do you like cabled sweaters?

In Fashion Talk 1414769071.587

It depends somewhat on the weight and qualities of the knit (not to mention the weight and qualities of the wearer!) A lot of cable knits are bulky, and sometimes the cable rows pull and "expand" over fuller parts of one's anatomy, accentuating a larger bust, hips, etc. Not flattering when this is the case. Continue Reading

Re: OMG! Miley Cyrus and Rhianna at the Tom Ford tribute.

In Fashion Talk 1414768812.19

Trashy dresses on trashy women. Old story, repeated in every generation. Continue Reading

Re: JJ252627 a mole????!!! A Lisa Robertson disliker?

In The Q We Love 1414720917.927

Oh, get over yourself, already! I doubt more than two or three people paid any attention to your comments about Lisa Robertson, or to another poster's differing comments. Most of us yawn through all the threads criticizing or praising hosts -- or skip over them altogether. If you don't want to shop here, that's fine. Move along, please. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1303
1 2 3 4 ...1303Next