130 Members and 20221 Guests Online

kittyfan's Activity

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 24)

In Fashion Talk 1432492406.797

I see my county has declared for Disaster. 50 road closures due to roads being washed out or impassable by debris. Nothing on my route was affected. I just saw a picture on FB of IH 35 in San Marcos. Road is flooded---one pick up you can only see the roof--water almost up to the highway signs. Just saw a Picture of the River Walk. Raging water there also. Know Jean has visited there. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432490188.83

Birdmama: Oh my goodness---I at one time bought lots of Ensure shakes--I hadn't bought them in a while and didn't realize they had fallen victim to downsizing. So many things have. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Yes, the weather was bad--they were predicting it was coming and Kathleen's area was in the bullseye--and unforntunately they were on point. Oh get the chain. The pendant was special to you---and in the event you wish to wear it--you will need a chain. I know I do the same thing--I can go forever without being tempted to shop and then I hit a "spell" when I think I need it... Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1432489077.493

I am fine but I do have a friend in Wimberly. I texted her this AM as soon as I saw the news. She was unaware of anything happening and she was able to send me some pics and posted on FB---oh my goodness. I saw a report that the river rose five feet in fifteen minutes before the sensors shut down. Yes, we might need to consider the ark! I know when we had the wildfires in my area my friend told me to pack up and come and stay with her! I pictured myself zooming up the highway with my assorted doglets and my two kitties. E: Eclairs F: Next Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432488574.073

Good afternoon ladies: The storm hit about 10 last night. Thunder had been rumbling since about two. Got up this morning and let the dogs out. Bailey came bounding in soaking wet. I don't routinely turn on the TV if I am heading out the door---but I did check FB. A cousin had posted about the flooding in Wimberly. I texted Kathleen--she was unaware of anything and they were fine. I see she posted some pictures on FB. For those who aren't on FB---there were about 450 homes destroyed. She texted me to let everyone know they were okay. I was in church then and just got home. I know she poste... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 23)

In Fashion Talk 1432397922.473

Bird: $ouch for delivery charges--yes, I think you make a wise choice. Not sure what I did to get bold!!! I check into the AMS chatter on Saturdays---your group is always such fun. You really have some "power shoppers". Remembering the people who serve and who served us on this Memorial Weekend. Continue Reading

Re: WIDOWS THREAD

In Among Friends 1432396820.637

Ditto to the Memorial Day post. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY 23)

In Fashion Talk 1432396665.51

Good Morning ladies: It is humid here and we are expecting heavy rains to begin this afternoon/evening and lasting through most of Sunday. I saw the TSV---I can resist--although it was lovely. In the heat I like cool and comfortable. On Thursday night I attended Bible Study. Only three and the leader. One lady always dominates the discussion with the same litany of "woe". Well, I had to do some real soul searching when I arrived home (channeling Charlene on this). We have one more session next week---not sure when we will do another group. We always start out with more and dwi... Continue Reading

Re: Thyme For Fun!

In Recipe Swap 1432394525.233

Good morning ladies. W: WAHOOOOOO X or not expecting more rain to begin this afternoon. I shouldn't complain after all our horrible drought years but some nice sunny days sans humidity would be wonderful.! Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday 05/22/15

In Fashion Talk 1432336656.597

Oh when I was in HS---many moons ago they were discussing a community college. Many surveys later it was a reality. If I recall correctly tuition was $9 per hour!!!! I don't think mega schools are for everyone and especially coming out of HS---but for some it does work well. They are predicting mega rains Saturday into Sunday. Ground is saturated with all the water I have a creek that runs behind me. Bank has eroded over the years. Can no longer climb down to the creek. My little town is growing. We have a Hobby Lobby coming soon. Have TJ Maxx (I can't go in there too often), hug... Continue Reading

Re: WIDOWS THREAD

In Among Friends 1432328012.007

Oh love the kitty pics. Thanking all who served for their service to our Country. Everyone who is traveling be safe. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 573
1 2 3 4 ...573Next