Christmas in July(R) Sale
134 Members and 11390 Guests Online

AngelPuppy1's Activity

If you want to look better, what do you tackle?

Last Reply by MickD 1406303333.833 | Started by AngelPuppy1 in Viewpoints

If you look in the mirror and you think ---- hmmm -- I could stand to spruce up my _______________ (fill in the blank) What would you be thinking about improving? Mine is -- my makeup routine. I have gotten lazy. I want to find a few key things that I can dash on in a hurry and make me look more alive and well rested, but not over-done. Such as a great eye shadow to light up my eyes! If there are too many steps or too many products, I will not take the time -- I want to be done in a snap! Continue Reading

Re: Need help with long lasting lipstick

In Beauty Banter 1406290240.65

Try some of the big fat lip coloring pencils out now. L'Oreal has them and most major brands. Some of them say they are part stain and part gloss. That should be sort of what you are looking for. They look like a pencil only they are very large. Continue Reading

Re: If You Like Watches With Smaller Faces Let QVC Know Here

In Jewelry Talk 1406290103.823

I look ridiculous in large watches! They look good on other people, but not me. I have very small wrists and hands and most watches just fall off of me. I like expansion watches but they never fit --- way too large. Even the watches that say you can take some of the links out -- they are still too large. I like to be able to see the face and the numbers, but I do not like a huge face and I think they should make the bands smaller also --- or give you a choice in size!!! Smaller, please!!!! Continue Reading

Re: Toner for the Face

In Beauty Banter 1406289901.73

I hadn't used a toner since I was about 30 - and that's a long time! Sad to say! And I used Clinique's and they were fine. I recently decided I wanted to try one again but wasn't sure what to try as my skin is so very thin and sensitive. I found one by Boots which I am quite pleased with. It has hibiscus in it and says it brightens. After using it for a couple months now, I feel it has clarified and smoothed my skin somewhat. It's not a miracle worker, but I like the way it feels on my skin and it has not irritated me at all. Continue Reading

Re: Do you go to restaurants alone?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406289694.3

If I am out shopping, I will stop at a coffee shop and get a coffee and pastry and I don't feel strange at all. I just relax and think about what I want to get accomplished and actually it clears my head! I used to eat by myself quite often when I was single. I felt a little odd at times depending upon the particular crowd that was there. Usually, I picked low key places where I knew I could sit at a small corner table and not feel so obvious and then I would simply eat and maybe read a little while waiting for my food. I figure if you are in the mood to go out and get a meal and there is ... Continue Reading

Re: Which Jung Archetype Best Describes You?

In Viewpoints 1406112744.903

Child!! That was fun - I enjoy those things! Some of it seemed to hit home and some didn't! Continue Reading

Re: Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

In Beauty Banter 1406112202.15

No. I can't afford high end cosmetics, so I guess I'd be feeling ugly all the time if that were the case. I am just happy to find a product that works for me and does what it should. I am trying to get to the point where I have a few products that I am satisfied with instead of trying this, that and the other thing. It's very frustrating. When I find a color of lipstick or gloss that really suits me, lights up my eyes and my complexion, then I am a happy camper! As for high-end products, whatever makes a person feel confident. The way I look at it, no-one but me knows what I'm putting... Continue Reading

Re: Do you like Greek yogurt and if so what brand

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406025418.96

Try the Aldi brand. It is delish, cheap and not sour. My favorite flavor is mixed berry! Continue Reading

Re: Wine

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1406025320.727

On 7/20/2014 winamac1 said: On 7/20/2014 AngelPuppy1 said: I like rieslings! I always preferred red wines but then began getting severe headaches and have had to unfortunately stop drinking them. I used to drink white zinfandel but it began giving me horrible acid reflux. So, there went that one. I love wine but can't drink it very much. I do not like dry wines nor overly sweet ones. Can someone make some recommendations for me? I guess middle of the road or in between. Thanks! You may like a pinot grigio. Thanks, winamac1! I never tried this wine. I appreciate your suggestion! Continue Reading

Re: Ot/ how cautious are you?

In Beauty Banter 1405937533.563

I don't feel any place is safe any more. I try not to worry about it too much, but as others have posted, I do try and be aware of my surroundings and not leave myself open and and any more vulnerable than necessary. How many times do you see on t.v. where people live in wonderful, quiet, quaint neighborhoods or even very affluent large communities where you'd never expect anything bad to happen, and then -- a horrible violent act occurs. And many times by neighbors that people thought were upstanding, good, and law abiding citizens. I think you rarely know who is really living in your ne... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 614
1 2 3 4 ...614Next