24 Members and 17726 Guests Online

AngelPuppy1's Activity

Re: When using a BB or CC cream, do you finish with powder?

In Beauty Banter 1429271304.95

I just started wearing a BB balm by Physicians Formula. I like the formula a lot. I like the coverage, the convenience of using it --- one product instead of 3 --- moisturizer, foundation and concealer-- but find that my skin looks more shiny than I would like. But, if I add powder, even a light touch, it makes my skin look more lined-- especially around the eyes. I don't know what to do! No powder -- skins looks younger, but too shiny. Powder - more matte finish - which I like -- but accentuates the lines and makes me look older -- which I don't like. Continue Reading

Re: Help need shoes that don't hurt

In All About Shoes 1429271122.21

Easy Spirit! They are very comfortable. I buy primarily the slip-on clog top. They have a good many colors and materials. I was not really thrilled with having to buy and/or wear these but since I have tendonitis and have to wear orthotics, I had to buy comfort shoes and something that would accommodate the orthotics. They are really the best. While not the cheapest thing to buy, at least they are not $100 or over the way many of this type of shoe are. Continue Reading

Re: Anxiety & Panic Attacks -- Please tell me what you do if you suffer from this!!!!

In Health & Fitness 1429270869.973

Thank you for your posts! All are appreciated!!! I was actually prescribed Trazodone for another condition several years ago and it did not agree with me at all and in fact, made me really sick. I guess the fact that we are all so different is what makes it so difficult to treat our ails! I have been doing really well the last few days and I thank God. I also thank all of you who have been so very supportive and kind! It's made a huge difference to me. Continue Reading

Re: Question concerning rosacea...

In Beauty Banter 1429180928.117

I am not really happy with my derm. regarding this condition but there is no one else around really. I am using Metrogel. It does not irritate me, which is good. I have days where I don't have much problem at all. Then, I will wake up and I have many red bumps and a lot of redness and it takes days and days and day for it to look half decent at all. I do not use anything harshl. No scrubs, no exfoliants, nothing. Even though I feel my skin could use it. I know it would irritate it. I hate it. I had very, very sensitive and picky skin before I got this and now it is even worse. I would... Continue Reading

Re: Anxiety & Panic Attacks -- Please tell me what you do if you suffer from this!!!!

In Health & Fitness 1429180349.9

Thank you for your posts!!! I think Xanax seems to be the most prescribed for this condition. I guess if we don't over-use, we will be okay! In this world, we have so many things to deal with. Life seems to get more complicated. And I thought when I got old, I would just be calm and cool -- no worries --- sitting on my porch -- rocking -- watching the world go by! LOL! And then I woke up!!! Seriously --- as you can tell -- I am starting to feel some better. Physically and mentally. I am grateful for everyone's support!!!! You're all the best! Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1429095599.853

I really feel so much better! I believe just discussing it here and reading everyone's posts has been so very helpful to me. I guess in a way I am old school. Back when, it was something you didn't admit or talk about when you had problems such as this and/or when you had a need to take medications like this. I do feel a relief after going to my doctor and getting her support and understanding. I have the bottle on my nightstand. And as silly as it sounds, just having it there even makes me feel better!!! How very generous of you all to take your time to "talk" with me and share you... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1429006504.6

First off --- thank you - thank you! For sharing and talking about all of this. I think this is so extremely helpful. It makes me feel -- well, more normal--- or not like I am such a failure. I have been feeling like --- I am so weak -- I cannot even control my emotions -- and feel like I am making more problems for myself and my husband. Knowing how others here feel and the experiences you are going through, I don't feel so overwhelmed or alone. Truly -- thank you so much. I also want to say --- that my heart goes out to everyone who has suffered through this and/or is still suffering. You j... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1428918838.08

I thank everyone for all your support and info! I am so appreciative of your candor. I am concerned about taking meds long-term, of course. The doctor that I currently have -- I can't see her giving me anything much. She is a pretty strict, no nonsense type. Some times too much, I think. I have heard that Xanax or Ativan works very well for this but that is is very addictive. So I worry about this. How long can you safely use it? Then, what happens when you have to stop? I went to the store and bought a so-called natural sleep- aid- "Alteril". It is primarily L-Trytophan and a little ... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1428847688.127

I want to thank you ALL for your kind, information and very compassionate responses. People who have not suffered with this at all, think you are just being melodramatic and think - well, stop it --- just tell yourself to stop it --- and get a hold of yourself! Yes, if it were only that easy! Some have asked my age -- I am 62, so I do not think that fluctuating hormones would be the problem, although I do still get hot flashes. So far, when I have gotten these spells, it has been at night. I have either been sleeping and awaken with one. Or, immediately upon going to bed, I start getting th... Continue Reading

Anxiety & Panic Attacks -- Please tell me what you do if you suffer from this!!!!

Last Reply by HappyDaze 1429308746.93 | Started by AngelPuppy1 in Health & Fitness

I have had anxiety and suffer from panic attacks occasionally. Luckily not often until now!!! Since I have been sick and have had problems with breathing and congestion and all that -- I now am having problems at night sleeping as I am having anxiety and/or panic attacks. I cannot sleep and it's really getting to me. I feel like I am choking (I really am not) and not getting air and then I start freaking out. Please tell me what you do to help yourself overcome these things!!! Do you take any thing? Do you use any techniques --- etc.? I am desperate!!!! Monday, I am calling the docto... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 672
1 2 3 4 ...672Next