Keurig Offer
98 Members and 11611 Guests Online

LuckyPeach's Activity

Re: Suzanne Somers is on ShopHQ this weekend

In Beauty Banter 1410882779.943

On 9/10/2014 endoqueen said: I am a doctor and I did a research sabbatical in Switzerland at the Lukas Klinik that makes and tests the alternative cancer treatment that she (Suzanne Somers) in fact did take - Iscador. Iscador has tons of research supporting its use and the results. The National Institute of Health in DC has an Alternative Therapies research clinic and I have colleagues there that are using many of the things many of you have poo-pooed here. It is not black and white. There is a lot of excellent research supporting many alternative therapies. Too many are voicing opinions with... Continue Reading

Re: Suzanne Somers is on ShopHQ this weekend

In Beauty Banter 1410882642.033

On 9/11/2014 olive59 said: So many interesting thoughts and opinions here! I read one of SS books many years ago and was intrigued with her BHRT theories. With that as my jumping off point I did my own research and determined that this was a sound course of treatment FOR ME. I was peri meno at that time and have since gone through full menopause. I am under a qualified medical doctor's care (she is my primary care family physician) who also supports BHRT therapy. I have regular mamograms, paps, heart monitoring, blood, and blood pressure monitoring. I had a very easy and symptom free menopaus... Continue Reading

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini Sept. 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

In Judith Ripka 1410569839.22

Has anyone gotten the OTO DMQ burnished/carved cuff? Or the DMQ burnished doorknocker earrings? I passed on the cuff due to the hinge being on the outside of the cuff, though as always, JR's designs are the best. ~Peach Continue Reading

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini Sept. 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

In Judith Ripka 1410568613.427

Ripkanistas who are Joan Rivers fans: I read today that the head of the outpatient endoscopy clinic where Joan had her treatment has left. I also read elsewhere that instead of just performing the endoscopy and rescheduling further treatment for a growth they found on Joan's vocal cords in a hospital, the physician decided to do a biopsy then and there. It was reported that this caused her breathing problems and then a heart attack followed. So sad. ~Peach Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1410568300.797

On 9/12/2014 DINOBABY said: Hi Lucky Peach, Not much going on here on the boards today. September is always a busy month around here, guess that is true for others as well. I ordered the new opal 3 stone ring, I love the colors in it, and I ordered the new big heart pendant with the turquoise, which I think is too expensive but the easy pays got me as usual. I also back ordered the monaco watch in the black, it is so pretty, I hope I get it. There are a lot of tempting offers with the clearance prices and the easy pays. Looking forward to watching the show tonight. DinoBaby, thanks for your ... Continue Reading

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka mini Sept. 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Last Reply by littleone2 1410970639.89 | Started by LuckyPeach in Judith Ripka

Sorry to be a bit late starting this thread. Too much personal stuff going on and then the underlying sadness over the loss of dear Joan Rivers. Sometimes you don't realize just how much effect someone has had on your life and you take them for granted because they've always been there. With Joan it was so many decades ago since her early appearances on Johnny Carson, her pal Spike giving me the goal of getting my own Yorkie when I was able (we have two darlings right now that are just like our kids), the hilarious Q years with Kathy Levine, E network...her fabulous eggs, animals and bees.... Continue Reading

Re: Joan Tributes

In Beauty Banter 1409938153.117

Irish1210, ITA. It is a sad day at the Q for all who worked with Joan and loved her. A few days ago, I had DH print out the cutest photo of Joan with Spike which I have next to the computer. Thanks for posting. It helps us all with the grieving process. ~Peach Continue Reading

Re: Joan Rivers is dead

In Beauty Banter 1409937925.267

On 9/5/2014 ChicagoHeather said: From the Fortune article: "Known for her sharp wit and comedic genius, Joan Rivers also amassed over $1 billion in sales with QVC over the last 24 years." Nearly $42 million a year. Wow. ChicagoHeather, hello! Sorry that we meet again on such a sad occasion but good to see you. Thanks for sharing those incredibly impressive stats that Joan and her staff amassed. WHOA!! I know that I've done my best to support Joan over the years, lol (Russian eggs, Maltese crosses, Noah necklace; scads of jackets and blazers). Joan will always be one of my heros! ~Peach Continue Reading

Re: OT Breaking: Joan Rivers passed away. :-(

In Beauty Banter 1409937469.957

On 9/4/2014 McN said: I am so very sad with the news of Joan's death. A brilliant mind who bought such laughter to the world. I think in private she was the kindest of people. As a social worker, I know she contacted one of my clients diagnosed with HIV who was too sick to attend a long anticipated performance. She found out, got the number, & called him in the hospital the next morning. Who does that for a complete stranger? He was thrilled and so appreciative of her unexpected effort. My bee pins will be all the more precious to me. A sad day. Debby McN. McN, thanks for coming out of l... Continue Reading

Re: Joan had beautiful hands

In Beauty Banter 1409930581.87

On 9/4/2014 Blondelle said: I too am upset and saddened by the loss of Joan. Even though you kind of know in the back of your mind she might not make it, it still came as a shock to lose her. I also read that Melissa had the room professionally decorated with flowers and bows, and that she was resting under a Dennis Basso faux white mink blanket. She also was fully made up and they had a tape of the soundtrack from Oklahoma playing in the room. That brought me to tears. I guess they needed her more in heaven than here. There was no one else like her. So sad! Blondelle, I read this on Joan's ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 792
1 2 3 4 ...792Next