Better Than Black Friday
47 Members and 15804 Guests Online

LuckyPeach's Activity

REVIEWS: Please post Judith Ripka November 2014 REVIEWS here... :)

Started by LuckyPeach in Judith Ripka 1416963353.783

Hello Ripkanistas! Missed you. Had to take a six-week or so break after the surprising loss of my dearest Yorkie, Paris II, to kennel cough. He caught it from our new Yorkie after I brought her home from the local shelter, even though she and Paris II were vaccinated. So much for that so-called protection. All three of our Yorkie crew became very ill but Pootie, who already suffered from an immune illness called Pemphigus Vulgaris, couldn't handle the extra burden. Pet owners know very well the pervasive sadness from the loss and I just couldn't bring myself to post as I usually do at ... Continue Reading

Re: Ripkanista dog/animal lovers O/T - my Yorkie Paris II

In Judith Ripka 1414512311.34

Ripkanistas and dog/animal lovers: I just wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for their concern, support and even love. You all will never know how much this has helped me. THANK-YOU!!! ~Peach Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1414167289.917

On 10/23/2014 ghb said: Dearest Peach, my heart goes out to you on the loss of your beloved pup. How lucky little Pootie was to have such a devoted and loving Mom like you. You gave him a good life and a loving, peaceful passing. I am so sorry for your pain, a pain that I am reliving now with you as I remember and miss my sweet little Madison, who has been gone for 3 and a half years after being with us for almost 15. I know from experience that nothing I say can help, but I just wanted you to know how sorry I am and that there are people out here thinking of you and sending prayers and love.... Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1414167093.847

On 10/22/2014 Mimi2MaddieandJack said: Peach, I'm so sorry to read about your precious fur baby. As I read, I found myself hoping as I neared the end of your post that possibly he was going to be okay. You and your husband probably gave Pootie the best love anyone has ever given him. God bless you for that. I am an animal lover (especially dogs and horses), so I can completely sympathize with you. Please know my heart breaks for you. Mimi2MaddieandJack, thanks so much for taking the time to read Pootie's story. He had so many ups and downs as I tried different ways/things to get him over t... Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1414166725.98

On 10/22/2014 Oneanddone said: Hi Peach! Just checking in. Hope you and you're DH are feeling a little better. Oneanddone, thanks, just got through the one-week anniversary. Now DH just put Pootie's tightly cropped/very cute head shot on our rotating screen saver so I feel more connected. We accept it now, but still say goodnight to him out the bedroom window to the orange tree 10 feet away where he is resting. You're the best and I appreciate your caring! ~Peach Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1414166406.103

On 10/22/2014 judyakm said: I am so sorry Peach Judyakm, thanks for touching base and for your condolences. Hope all is well with you, my northern neighbor! ~Peach Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1413860722.01

On 10/20/2014 Issiestorm said: Thanks for the heads up about Kirk's Folly Peach! That's great news. Issiestorm, just checked and the site is still up which is comforting. I've been with them since before they went on the Q... Take care~Peach Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1413860607.523

On 10/20/2014 Sammycat1 said: Hi Peach, just checking in to see how you and your family are coping. I wanted also to recommend a brief illustrated book. Although it was initially done for children, it's messages are timeless and it gave me great comfort when our Fergus died. There's a version for cats, too. These are priceless and I still read them often when feeling low about furbabies we've loved and lost: "For Every Dog, An Angel" -- by Christine Davis. {Sammycat}, so nice that you checked in! Now I have two books to order this week! I appreciate the recommendation. I know reading it ... Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1413835459.397

On 10/20/2014 StingRae said: Dear Peach, So sorry for your loss; I have a Shih Tzu that I feel so attached to. She came into my life when I really needed to get through an illness. I have also turned my house into a mini hospital and have lost pets in the past. My heart goes out to you. Love, Stingray (remember me?) {{StingRae}}, of COURSE I remember you! How are you doing and feeling? I'm so happy that you have a great Shih Tzu in your life. It is something --the mini pet hospital thing--, isn't it? Thanks so much for reading my post, saying hello and understanding the loss. Take care~... Continue Reading

In Judith Ripka 1413835259.2

On 10/20/2014 MickD said: Peachy ~ I am so so sorry about your sweet beloved Pootie. He was a well-cared for and well-loved doggie and he knew this. My heart goes out to you and your family. ~ Mick MickD, Thank-you for the condolences. It still hasn't sunk in, yet. I know dogs are not kids but the pain is very similar - some recent scientific studies have proven this. This thread has helped me a lot to "...get it out there" and I appreciate your taking the time to give me support. ~Peach Continue Reading

Page 1 of 800
1 2 3 4 ...800Next