The Joy of Christmas
26 Members and 15714 Guests Online

maestra's Activity

Re: O/T Who Else Finds That QVC's Long Sleeve tops Are Way Too Long?

In Beauty Banter 1408580727.223

You may get more responses over at Fashion Talk. I don't purchase clothes from the Q. Continue Reading

Re: OT/anyone ever use the Saint Anthony prayer to find things?

In Beauty Banter 1408568552.583

A Catholic here who is Scottish, and afterward ( saying the prayer) we make a small offering of thanks to benefit the Poor when our object is found. Continue Reading

Re: Advise Needed - Retin-a vs. Retinol

In Beauty Banter 1408492701.667

What does your dermatologist want you to use? They have been to medical school. Retin-A is an Rx, so it demands some respect. I use retinol and like what I've been using. Continue Reading

Re: Red Hair Not Allowed in School?

In Beauty Banter 1408388832.77

On 8/18/2014 luvthatboxer said: On 8/16/2014 maestra said: On 8/16/2014 lolakimono said: On 8/16/2014 maestra said: My school has a policy for natural undyed hair for both genders during the school year; this doesn't apply to natural red-heads (which I was). Really? No highlights even? No highlights. I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply to teachers then. No, it doesn't apply to teachers since WE are not the ones who are easily distracted. Continue Reading

Re: Your thoughts on this.

In Fashion Talk 1408303639.64

Harper's Bizarre.-not a good look, imho. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408303550.373

Tenure no longer exists in many states, your contract must be earned yearly. That is why there are teacher strikes and demonstrations in union school districts-when tenure is removed. I've never had tenure in all my years teaching b/c the districts were not union. Its pretty obvious when a poster has an axe to grind about the education system. I'm just trying to clarify the day to day. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408299634.557

On 8/17/2014 Kzeks said: On 8/16/2014 KateChopin said: Wow. Charlie Brown's girlfriend better watch out! And Claire Danes from "My So-Called Life". And Rita Hayworth. Ridiculous. It will be nice when schools can get back to education and not have to worry about politicians making pronouncements, teachers carrying guns (!), and ridiculous, unnecessary testing, etc. Talk about distractions. I think it's making people a tad crazy, as evidenced by this. I believe both Teachers & students should be tested .... The worst thing you can do to students is give them a Teacher who does not know any... Continue Reading

Re: Recommendations For A Good Peel

In Beauty Banter 1408290563.78

Ole Henriksens Power Peel available at Sephora-love this 1x a week MUAC Mandelic or Lactic acid peels-lunchtime peels. I didn't care for tingle on the 40% Lactic, but it was gentle. Ole Henriksens Blueberry Enzyme Peel-good 2-3x a week. Ren's Radiance mask./peel-very gentle When I can afford it I get a VI Peel Precision at my derm's office. But this is very pricey($400.00) Continue Reading

Re: Looking for a new scent that is a bit unique, but also fresh and crisp

In Beauty Banter 1408278919.643

Tocca's Stella is 1 of the 2 scents I wear. It's perfect for summer. Continue Reading

Re: OT for fun: what is your ringtone?

In Beauty Banter 1408234503.913

ringtone is Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 391
1 2 3 4 ...391Next