Fashion & Accessories Clearance
149 Members and 11801 Guests Online

TX-starlight's Activity

Re: Anyone get their Vera TSV yet? I got my African Violet today....

In Vera Bradley 1406196280.7

I didn't purchase the TVS, but checked out ebay for price difference. I ordered the smartphone wristlet. I don't think I would pay the higher prices. They are cute/pretty, but I can't justify the cost for myself. Continue Reading

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

In Among Friends 1406166240.18

On 7/23/2014 BigOrangeKitty said: Where I come from, giving someone a compliment IS a random act of kindness. But, there are highly intelligent people on this board who know far more than I do, so just to be sure I checked it out. THERE IT IS ..... Idea #185 on the randomactsofkindness.org website .....BE GENEROUS WITH COMPLIMENTS. A compliment is a compliment, for whatever reason. BigOrangeKitty:I agree, If someone does something that deserves a compliment... I think they should appreciate the compliment just the same as any "act of kindness". I have done a few things lately, but the 1... Continue Reading

Re: Friends hurtful comments (how to ignore?)

In Among Friends 1406117544.12

On 7/23/2014 CatLover2 said: I have a friend on Facebook who posts everything she and her husband does where they go she posts pictures of the food on their plates plus other things she really likes blowing her own horn I'm thinking about unfriending her because I get so tired of seeing the garbage that she posts everyday I agree with not posting every move you make. I have several people I don't want to "unfriend", so I have them on "unfollow". They remain on your friend list, but you don't see anything unless you go directly to their pg. I hate alll the political things some friends posts... Continue Reading

In Among Friends 1406110098.867

On 7/22/2014 chrystaltree said: On 7/22/2014 TX-starlight said: Many of our FB friends are mutual, school & town friends alike. She used to talk about FB alot, but since she has "limited" usage (due to her plan) That seems to be when it all started. Yes, we talk about things on FB in general conversation (recipes, & town news). Sonce I noticed her "sensitivy" to FB I try not to bring it up. Her boyfriend is also on FB & he acts like a teenager on there, so she gets mad about his actions, but seems to think everyone acts the same, which she knows I don't act like him. Now that I th... Continue Reading

In Among Friends 1406050169.91

Many of our FB friends are mutual, school & town friends alike. She used to talk about FB alot, but since she has "limited" usage (due to her plan) That seems to be when it all started. Yes, we talk about things on FB in general conversation (recipes, & town news). Sonce I noticed her "sensitivy" to FB I try not to bring it up. Her boyfriend is also on FB & he acts like a teenager on there, so she gets mad about his actions, but seems to think everyone acts the same, which she knows I don't act like him. Now that I think of it,lol, it may just be a "sore subject" concerning him &... Continue Reading

Friends hurtful comments (how to ignore?)

Last Reply by Clover29 1406220830.327 | Started by TX-starlight in Among Friends

I have very close friend & value her friendship very much. Setting the scene....we have known each other since 1st grade (we are 60 now)...I have had 4-5 jobs my entire yr, she has only had 1. Therefore I know many more people than she does due to working yrs. I stay in touch with many co-workers & other distant school friends via Facebook. Everytime I mention friends on FB, she has commented that I have too many friends on FB & too much stuff on my FB. She is also on FB, but doesn't do much except look at her g-kids stuff. Her life tends to revolve around her only daughter & ... Continue Reading

x

Started by TX-starlight in Dennis Basso 1406020494.033

x Continue Reading

Re: Living Alone

In Among Friends 1406018583.58

On 7/9/2014 FlowershopGirl said: For me, there is no downside. I was married for a short time and it wasn't great. My personal experience with being alone is good. I come and go as I please. I vacation where I want and enjoy seeing things and doing things on my own. I always can find interesting people to chat with while on vacation so it isn't lonely at all. I have family and friends that are there to talk to when I want. I have no problem eating alone. I have friends over at times. I have the dogs all of the time and my cat, al who keep me from being really "alone". But, I've always been in... Continue Reading

Re: A question for grey haired ladies that transitioned from coloring to natural.

In Beauty Banter 1405993751.92

I have seen color charts in salons with gray on there. I was dyed red when I decided to let my natural color take over. I probably couldn't have done it, if I had not been staying home caring for my momat the time. I wasn't out much, so I didn't care what it looked like. I let the roots grow quite awhile, then cut my hair really short, it didn't take long for my process. I am glad i did it now. Every so often I will dream that I colored my hair again & was sick about it,lol... Continue Reading

Re: Ot/ how cautious are you?

In Beauty Banter 1405914650.97

Much more cautious that I was 10 yrs ago!!! I used to be out/about all hrs of the night, not anymore!! There is too much going on. I live in small town & we have been having a rash of burglaries & prowlers in our neighborhood. I lock up, pull shades & sleep with my gun within inches of me at all times now. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 379
1 2 3 4 ...379Next