California Gold Rush(R) Sale
140 Members and 18540 Guests Online

just bee's Activity

Re: ComPact 2015 -- January

In Beauty Banter 1422024269.893

On 1/23/2015 DL2843 said: Hello all. I am working on my lingerers. You know, those products that are 80% gone and then just linger. Just a few more drops to go of the oil. I hope all of you who are Ill feel better soon. I've started to call those "malingerers." They need to be weeded out. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1421966624.39

On 1/22/2015 kathie66 said: Feel better bee! Drink some tea and lie down with a nice blanket and that furbaby of yours. Take care of yourself. Also hope your DH is better soon too! Kathie PS. So glad you went to the doctor! Thanks! Furbaby's avoiding both of us because he's smart (he probably wishes he had an abbreviated muzzle so his face mask would fit better). Better-half is currently flat on his back. I'm ready to go in there and put a mirror under his nose just to check... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1421962807.953

I have to be on the mend because today I was actually able to get off the couch, make an appointment and drive across town. And wouldn't you know -- I didn't cough once while I was there. First time there and I was impressed with their operation: In and out in half an hour. This has made me decide to get back on the phone and establish a PCP. Like the practitioner said today, "If you find out that there's something that could have been caught earlier, you know how you'll feel about that." Yeah -- stupid. Better-half has caught this from me and now he's ailing. It's probably just a doozy... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1421950210.883

On 1/22/2015 geezerette said: On 1/22/2015 just bee said: On 1/22/2015 geezerette said: On 1/22/2015 just bee said: It's wonderful how these near-death experiences clarify things for us. You're lying there, on the couch, in sweats you've worn for days, and you feel so horrid that you just don't care anymore. <em>I don't care if I can't go to work. I don't care if I can't turn in my assignments. I can't be bothered with any of that because I should be planning my funeral. But I really don't care about that either. Where's my Vicks???</em> Your mind has time to rest and then all you... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1421940582.84

On 1/22/2015 geezerette said: On 1/22/2015 just bee said: It's wonderful how these near-death experiences clarify things for us. You're lying there, on the couch, in sweats you've worn for days, and you feel so horrid that you just don't care anymore. <em>I don't care if I can't go to work. I don't care if I can't turn in my assignments. I can't be bothered with any of that because I should be planning my funeral. But I really don't care about that either. Where's my Vicks???</em> Your mind has time to rest and then all you want is something cold to drink and some fresh air. No, y... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1421935621.723

On 1/21/2015 nightnurse9381 said: Haven't posted in a couple weeks because I was sick, but doing much better now. While I was home, I packaged 12 items and returned them to the 2 shopping channels, and returned another $200 worth of Clinique products to Macys. I feel really good about sending all that stuff back. I did not need it and really don't want it. I'd rather have the money back. The post about not being able to find a plastic lid that fit -- that happened to me also, and I cleaned out that kitchen cupboard and donated a bunch of lock&locks -- I rediscovered my long-lost Tupperwar... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1421879020.943

On 1/21/2015 Eager2Learn said: On 1/21/2015 just bee said: On 1/21/2015 Daysdee said: Vow to work on getting my "stash" of shower gels down. Some bottles are getting empty and I plan to use them up before I have to store them away to bring out the spring/summer scents. I haven't purchased a shower gel in years and I still have way too many. I did a quick count this morning and it looks like I have 17 in one closet and 17 in another. We used to post our inventories on the philosophy forum and some of the numbers were extraordinary. Compared to what I used to count and post, this is a definite... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1421878833.183

On 1/21/2015 geezerette said: On 1/21/2015 just bee said: Didn't I say that as soon as I tossed those two ancient jars of Vicks that I'd get sick and need a new jar? Better-half had to run out and pick up a jar. I warned him about the price and told him to look for a less expensive store brand. Found one for under five bucks -- works for me. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope it's nothing serious and you're back to normal soon... Vicks is really $5 now?! Walmart's version (Equate) is -- for a 3.53-ounce jar. Real Vicks is much higher. Walgreens' website has these prices: 1.76 o... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1421864870.94

On 1/21/2015 Daysdee said: Vow to work on getting my "stash" of shower gels down. Some bottles are getting empty and I plan to use them up before I have to store them away to bring out the spring/summer scents. I haven't purchased a shower gel in years and I still have way too many. I did a quick count this morning and it looks like I have 17 in one closet and 17 in another. We used to post our inventories on the philosophy forum and some of the numbers were extraordinary. Compared to what I used to count and post, this is a definite improvement. What worked for me: 1. JUST SAY NO. Stop b... Continue Reading

Re: Looking to replace Purity...Help!

In Beauty Banter 1421862646.473

On 1/21/2015 Crisso said: Paula's Choice. She has a variety of cleansers and toners. I have normal to dry skin, and mostly use the Resist line, but I change it up from time to time and use Moisture Boost. She has a pure line and one for oily skin as well. Some super sizes too. She always has deals, if not on products then on shipping. Shipping is free if you spend $50. + Congrats for giving up Purity. http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/cleansers/ I'd been using Moisture Boost, then switched to Skin Recovery. This one's a keeper. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1416
1 2 3 4 ...1416Next