The Joy of Christmas
99 Members and 16000 Guests Online

just bee's Activity

Re: ComPact 2014 -- August

In Beauty Banter 1408551456.417

On 8/20/2014 kathie66 said: On 8/18/2014 just bee said It doesn't look that bad, does it? In fact, the room that I think of as the "living room" isn't that cluttered. Well, until I get to my desk where I'm sitting now. I have a collection of scraps of paper with cryptic notes to myself. I'll need to address the desk. The only other clutter is on the floor. I see a squirrel, a rabbit, an elephant, two birds, a snake, a raccoon, a piece of antler, and a Nylabone. Some women decorate their homes according to a specific style or period. I've decorated my house in dog. Maybe it's time for the dog ... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408456388.773

On 8/17/2014 kathie66 said: I'm still plugging along. Have my ups and downs and its a constant battle not to add to the stash. I've posted before that one of my goals was to use up all my handsoap, I had reached the end of my BBW stash of handsoap and recieved 1 more as a teacher gift in June. I opened it at the kitchen sink. I almost caved on friday to buy more handsoap with their buy 7 deal. I was online and went into pumpkin coma I love those fall scents, telling myself their was a 10 0ff and free ship deal too. So how could I go wrong? Common Sense prevailed and I remembered how long I've... Continue Reading

Re: HEP (Healthy Eating Program) – August 2014

In Beauty Banter 1408455636.54

I need to find a new grocery store. Do I have to start shopping at Whole Foods? I just want a store that sells food. Edible food. I don't need patio furniture, cosmetics, school supplies, kitchen appliances, movies, or prescriptions. Just food. Real produce. Bread that doesn't smell or taste stale. I'm seriously considering giving up on them all. I can buy meat from the local butcher, bread from a local bakery (if I can find a good one around here), and produce from a produce market or farmers' market. I can get most of the paper products and staples (olive oil, canned goods) at the wa... Continue Reading

Re: Comfortable shoes

In Viewpoints 1408454655.073

If you ever change your mind about athletic shoes, try New Balance. Exquisitely comfortable. I work in Alegrias. So many different styles, but I really like the clogs. I'm a nurse -- I can't imagine wearing anything else on my feet. http://www.alegriashoeshop.com/category-s/166.htm Continue Reading

Re: Anyone Have Tips for Packing "Care Packages" for College Student?

In Viewpoints 1408454167.257

When I was in college (late 70s - early 80s) my parents' care package was always unexpected, but so special that I'll always think about it and smile. Even the guy behind the counter at the Post Office knew what was inside that box. Out of the blue, I'd get that piece of paper telling me I had a package to pick up. No matter what was going on, this package made everything better. My parents would send me a box of strawberry creams from See's Candies. I want so badly to taste one of these again, but the company has discontinued them. So all I have is the wonderful memory. Find something rea... Continue Reading

Re: we all have our favorite Robin Williams movie...do you know what his was

In Viewpoints 1408453385.4

On 8/19/2014 mistriTsquirrel said: I have a copy of "What Dreams May Come" sitting here. My mother loaned it to me last year, and I never watched it...perhaps I should... I think it might just be my favorite. I hope you like it, too. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408407372.697

On 8/17/2014 kathie66 said: Another story, DH made a huge batch of sausage and peppers. The number one reason I'm not a vegetarian. I'm a purist: Sausage and peppers -- no onions. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408406903.69

On 8/18/2014 Eager2Learn said: OK, who's doing the 91 Day Challenge? I just looked at the first week's challenge and it doesn't look all that difficult. Maybe we can report our progress here? Thanks Future for posting about it. It doesn't look that bad, does it? In fact, the room that I think of as the "living room" isn't that cluttered. Well, until I get to my desk where I'm sitting now. I have a collection of scraps of paper with cryptic notes to myself. I'll need to address the desk. The only other clutter is on the floor. I see a squirrel, a rabbit, an elephant, two birds, a snake,... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1407890814.25

On 8/12/2014 rnmom said: Some areas will be a piece of cake, others will be much more time consuming and might not get finished, but I like the inspiration to get moving. If I read about it, or watch Hoarders or something on TV it inspires me to get up and do something, even if it's just something little like clear one drawer or shelf. I figure anything is better than nothing, as decluttering is a never-ending, ongoing process. No truer words! You're right -- I think we feel better if we do something every day. Doesn't have to be huge, but it makes a difference. Continue Reading

Re: SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE... HOT HOT HOT... How is YOUR weather? Please share

In Viewpoints 1407862617.523

Yesterday I noticed that Seattle was 93 and Albuquerque was 85 -- with rain. An unusual set of events. And we've been enjoying every second! Forgive me! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1359
1 2 3 4 ...1359Next