TSV(R) Preview
25 Members and 12062 Guests Online

just bee's Activity

Re: ComPact 2014 -- October

In Beauty Banter 1413329851.983

Just Bee, you continue to impress me with your schooling. I wish I had your discipline and drive. I am impressed you went back to get another degree. Good luck. I am now sitting in my dining room with another layer of items I am decluttering. I cant wait to get this stuff out of the house, I am starting to not be able to move my chairs. It really is amazing what I choose to let go of as I go along. What I would tell my 20 year old self - dont go for the retail therapy. Discipline and drive, eh? I'm sitting here avoiding homework! But I'm totally with you on what I'd tell my 20 year-old sel... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1413311190.22

Finally! I used up an ancient Jessica Simpson Dessert Treats shower gel (lollipop) at the kitchen sink and replaced it today with a philosophy fragrance that I can't take into the shower with me because I hate it. And I've hated it for a very long time -- which explains why it's been sitting in the linen closet for years. Melting marshmallow! I still can't detect the marshmallow; all I smell is hot chocolate. But it works for washing my hands and there's a winter design on the bottle. I can now make this go away. Continue Reading

Re: Holiday Product Review - My take on NORDSTROM sets :)

In philosophy 1413301549.903

Bless your heart for posting this. I saw pink marshmallow buttercream on the philosophy site and hesitated. Hmmmm... marshmallow. As a big crispy marshmallow bars supporter, it caught my eye. But I'll pass. For years I wanted to see more spice in the line, so it was nice to see the set of cinnamon, cardamon, and nutmeg on the site today. I still have so many 3-in-1s that I just don't need to add any more to the collection. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1413297302.49

On 10/13/2014 Coffeebean33 said: On 10/1/2014 just bee said: Coffeebean33! Just a quick note to say that I added your mantra to the list above. It's a goodie. Just Bee, I'm so happy to hear that mantra is helpful. I actually read it on Instagram and it just resonated with me. Thank you for this thread. And also for your wonderful pictures. I hope all you ladies are happy and well and starting where you are, using what you have, doing what you can. :) It works for me! I'm so glad that I've been digging in my closets for things I already have instead of shopping for new items that I don't nee... Continue Reading

Re: HEP (Healthy Eating Program) – October 2014

In Beauty Banter 1413128203.813

On 10/12/2014 straitgirl said: The biggest thing I did over summer was quit soda. I started drinking flavored sparkling water called refreshers from Safeway. 79¢. The fizz in it satisfies my soda craving. I also cut out potatoes and eat more brown rice. I have lost over 12 pounds since May and almost at my target weight. It's amazing how just changing a couple things makes such a difference. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1413117695.657

On 10/12/2014 Harpa said: just bee, so that would be 600 mg of sodium per serving. Is that good or bad? It depends. The recommended daily intake is 2300 mg total. And if you're "older" or have any issues that require a reduction in sodium, 1500 mg is the limit. But there's always the question: Says who? Some feel there isn't enough evidence to support these daily requirements. For me, I know I've had too much sodium if I eat out. Restaurants really pile it on. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1413116153.183

Anyone eating healthy these days? Better-half generally doesn't buy processed/packaged food, but for some reason he picked up a prepared item from Costco. For fun he held it up and asked me how many servings were in the small package. I thought I'd be funny and say ten. It was actually fifteen. Then he asked me how much sodium was in the package. Almost 9000 mg. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1413115541.04

Better-half and I had to go to a Nursing Excellence Awards dinner last night and it was a formal event. An opportunity to shop, right? It would have been the perfect excuse to go out and buy a sparkly dress and a new pair of shoes. I refused to do it. Better-half needed a new outfit but Macy's had a killer sale in the men's department. Ended up costing less than a tux rental. I was lucky because I was able to pull a long dress and heels out of the closet. Had the jewelry. The only issue was my hair. At the last minute I ran out and had it all cut off. But it needed to be done. It's f... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1413114754.877

On 10/11/2014 mewsmomtoo said: Hi Just Bee, as happens to many of us, real life gets in the way - now it is my father's Alzheimers and trying to coach my mom on how to deal with him, among other things. I just had to realize that I don't have time to do the Vet Tech program through the community college and I don't have the money to do it through one of the private colleges. I would be done and out if I did have the money, but they charge around $30 grand!!! (it's closer to 10 grand at the comm.coll.) I am not a young woman and it would have taken me the rest of my life to pay off $30,000. Ve... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1384
1 2 3 4 ...1384Next