Better Than Black Friday
81 Members and 15407 Guests Online

topaunt's Activity

Re: Mashed Acorn Squash with Apples & How to Roast Your Turkey

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1416744617.753

Hi David! I have always been a list maker. I've already made my grocery list and done my grocery shopping. Today I will make a list for my menu, as well as what to do each day working up to Thanksgiving. It makes everything so much easier and gives me time to enjoy the holiday, too! Happy Thanksgiving! Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Risotto-Stuffed Collard Greens with Bacon - What's Your All-Time Favorite Side?

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1416430382.937

Hi David ! My favorite all time turkey day side is the cranberry salad: mix one can whole berry cranberry sauce, one can mandarin oranges (drained) and some chopped nuts ( walnuts or pecans). You may double or triple the recipe according to the number of people you are serving. So easy and so good ! I love the mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing and peas & carrots, too ! Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Easy, Gluten-Free Tiramisu Pie & More Turkey Talk - How to Smoke the Bird

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1416073964.48

Hi David !! I always bake a turkey breast, as we are not fond of dark meat. LOVE all the sides !! Can't wait til turkey day !! Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Apple-Cranberry Pie - What's the Prettiest Holiday Dish You Make?

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1415810150.31

Hi David! The prettiest holiday dish I make at Thanksgiving is a pumpkin roll. At Christmas,I make a snowball cookie-dough that is baked with a maraschino cherry in the center, then, rolled in icing and coconut to look like a snowball LOVED the Clef Hangers on Sunday! Enjoyed hearing you sing with them! Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Creamed Swiss Chard Recipe Plus a Visit from the UNC Clef Hangers!

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1415469078.357

Hi David ! Can't wait for your show tomorrow-sure hope you join in the singing !!! I was in the Navy, stationed at the Naval Hospital in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in Jan. of 1977. There was a huge blizzard in Western New York, where I grew up. I remember sitting under a palm tree outside, wearing shorts, listening to a cassette tape from my family of the local news reporting the Blizzard of '77. Even though I was homesick, I was glad not to be shoveling snow !!! Great memories .... Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Sweet Potato Pie with Walnut-Streusel Topping - What's the Most Unusual Pie You've Ever Had?

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1415136457.15

Hi David !! The most unusual pie I ever made was a tomato pie-fresh sliced tomatoes, mayo and cheese. Even though I prebaked the crust, it was kind of soggy. But, it was still a good way to use up fresh summer tomatoes. Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Oatmeal Pie -- What's Your Family's Signature Dessert?

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1414784511.82

Hi David ! Our family's signature dessert is harvest apple cake-a very moist homemade cake made with apples, walnuts and cinnamon. My mother used the apples from the trees in our backyard to make this cake. Of course, all was made from scratch. She also made a tomato soup cake, chocolate sheet cake, apple pie and blackberry pie !! I miss her everyday. Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars - What Does Your Perfect Slice of Cheesecake Look Like?

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities, TSV Talk 1414515330.24

Hi David ! I like a plain homemade cheesecake the best ! Your cheesecake bars look pretty good... Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Chicken and Corn Chowder - What's Your Go-to Soup Recipe?

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1414261737.597

Hi David! My favorite soup to make is chicken noodle soup-with celery,carrots,onions and kluski noodles. Enjoyed your apple recipes blog. Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Re: Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites - What's Your Favorite Bite-Sized Food?

In Kitchen & Food Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1413924208.03

Hi David ! I like sausage balls, spiced pecans and homemade chocolate walnut fudge. LOVE your new cookbook! Keep up the good work! -Jeanmarie,Salisbury,NC Continue Reading

Page 1 of 18
1 2 3 4 ...18Next