Christmas in July(R) Sale
128 Members and 13231 Guests Online

Puppy Lips's Activity

Re: ISAAC T-SHIRT RANT!

In Isaac Mizrahi Live! 1406756058.24

I would try his T-shirts, but to me it looks like the sleeves are too short, more like a cap sleeve. I get great T-shirts from Lands' End. If you catch a sale, you can get them for like $10 each. They are great quality, however, I wish they were a bit longer. But I wear them all the time. Continue Reading

Re: Frumpy Looks!

In Lori Goldstein 1406655193.98

Well I don't own any of her clothes because I don't think they would look good on me. I think they only look good on the tall, slim models. I do think her colors are pretty though. I don't like all the intense crayola box colors in the Denim & Co. and Susan Graver line. Continue Reading

Re: A wig on Lisa?

In The Q We Love 1406565808.463

No, I do not think it was a wig. Lisa does wear her hair in many different styles. She does wear extensions though. Continue Reading

Re: SO - who went with you to help pick out your wedding dress?

In Fashion Talk 1406326466.89

I am pretty sure I went by myself. Then when I found a dress I liked, I had my Mom come and look at it before I bought it. I have always liked to shop by myself -- still do. Continue Reading

Re: Women judge each other by their handbags???????

In Fashion Talk 1406323253.82

The only time I really notice what another woman is wearing is if I think they have something cute on, and then I may compliment them. But I NEVER look to see what kind of handbag they are carrying or make any judgments about it. If I did, it would be that she likes a "big" handbag or that she likes a "small" one. I could not care less what style or brand purse anyone else uses. That is a personal preference and not something that should be judged. Sometimes I think these hosts and vendors live in another world. Continue Reading

Re: CLARK'S TSV July 26th.. Anyone know what it is?

In All About Shoes 1406314226.117

On 7/24/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said: And let the "old lady", "frumpy", "I'm an old lady and even I wouldn't wear them." comments begin. Well, if the shoe fits !!!! Continue Reading

Re: Need a Dress for a Wake and Funeral STAT

In Fashion Talk 1406306087.587

So sorry for the loss of the OP and others who have recently lost loved ones. My father in law died over a year ago, and my husband & I still get emotional over it. Years ago my mother in law wore a white suit to her own mother's funeral. I thought that was a very odd choice. But she does a lot of things that make me wonder....LOL Continue Reading

Re: What have you found to help get rid of sun/age spots?

In Beauty Banter 1406300307.093

On 7/22/2014 Clover29 said: All the people who are having these "frozen off", are we talking about the same thing? I have two kinds of age spots. One kind is regular skin texture, but slightly darker than the surrounding skin (like a large freckle). Caused by sun damage or birth control pills. The other kind are "barnacles of old age", or seborrheic keratosis. They are raised, and sort of crusty. Hydroquinone is designed for the first kind, which I've never heard of being "frozen off". Hydroquinone won't get rid of the second kind, which is what I presume the freezing off is for. My dermat... Continue Reading

Re: The next obvious question regarding wedding dresses is

In Fashion Talk 1406299171.263

On 7/24/2014 jackthebear said: On 7/24/2014 Puppy Lips said: No, but I sure wish I could fit into it. I got married in 1983 and the dress is a size 10. I loved that dress. And I had a hat to go with it, kind of a derby style. I remember that my Grandmother had a fit that I was wearing a hat ... she said that meant that I was not a virgin ~ well, "I hate to tell you Grandma, but .......LOL." I had it all cleaned and it is in a box in my closet. I will never get rid of it and even put up an extra shelf in my closet specifically for that box. good story....hats were big in the 80's for weddings... Continue Reading

Re: The next obvious question regarding wedding dresses is

In Fashion Talk 1406243695.913

No, but I sure wish I could fit into it. I got married in 1983 and the dress is a size 10. I loved that dress. And I had a hat to go with it, kind of a derby style. I remember that my Grandmother had a fit that I was wearing a hat ... she said that meant that I was not a virgin ~ well, "I hate to tell you Grandma, but .......LOL." I had it all cleaned and it is in a box in my closet. I will never get rid of it and even put up an extra shelf in my closet specifically for that box. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 128
1 2 3 4 ...128Next