Labor Day Weekend Clearance
161 Members and 12241 Guests Online

Pinky Ann's Activity

Re: When will you start your fall decorating, and where will you start decorating first?

In For the Home Talk 1375992577.763

Luv2Decorate: If I had a boat, I'm sure I'd be in no hurry to put it away for the year either. I think your birch branches with bittersweet must look fantastic! Bittersweet is terrific for fall as it's great on it's own or in arrangements too.. I hope you have a good time boating as long as possible, and enjoy decorating just as much. Thanks for posting! pinky Continue Reading

Re: When will you start your fall decorating, and where will you start decorating first?

In For the Home Talk 1375975215.3

Bopper: So nice to see you! I remember your pumpkin from past posts, and it's so nice. I can remember when they were presented, and there aren't many things I can say that about. Good luck with the painting. We had our kitchen done last year, and this fall the living room and upstairs bath will be done. A painter will be doing the work as I'm not able to do much on a ladder anymore. Hope you have fun decorating! I know it will look so cozy and pretty when you're done. I'm trying to hold off and do a little at a time, but it's just not looking that good... pinky Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1375966873.26

luvpoos: Your yard will be just perfect with what you've described! Mums are such hardy flowers, as well as pretty ones, so they'll be nice throughout the season. We keep it simple outdoors, if I decorate out there, as we're in a rural area, and have lots of wildlife, but no many folks to see the decorations. Hope you have a happy fall, and enjoy getting your house and yard ready for the season. I have to thank everyone who responded so far. Hope I didn't miss anyone when writing back. It's so much fun reading what everyone is planning for fall, and getting ideas from everyone too! This has ... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1375965937.663

Magnolia M's: I know you'll have so much fun decorating, especially when you've got lots to choose from. It will be beautiful, I know it! Do you post pics? I know I'd love to see your things, and I'm sure everyone else would too. Janny Ree: Your dining room must be spectacular all decorated. You were so lucky to find those tablecloths! I love all things floral, especially fall floral like mums and sunflowers. Candles can make a world of difference can't they? I love them. Regular or flame less, doesn't matter. devababy: I had to start this thread because I was dying to know if anyone else was... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1375918132.047

demitra: Wish I lived near you to see your decorations! Sounds like you've got a fantastic selection to decorate with! I know the work of putting it all away. It's what keeps me in line when I think about really going overboard. Aunt G: I did just what you're doing the past few years. This year I'm considering doing more, but have to be careful of what I buy, as I'm limited with storage now. Born to Shop: I've seen some of Jim Shore's pieces and they're fantastic!!!! Hope you have fun decorating this year. I'm going to put out my branches that light up next, and hope I can contain myself for ... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1375915915.04

surprise_sometime: Your project sounds adorable! How neat that must look! I've done wreaths and things like that, but never attempted much more. Hope you have a wonderful fall! pinky Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1375914787.98

snickster: Your decorations sound beautiful, both inside and out! I love to see porches and yards decked out for fall, and used to do some outside decorations on the deck. Any chance you'll post pics after you've decorated? I'm considering mums this year as we have space in the yard for them, as well as two half barrels that could hold an ample display of mums, pumpkins, etc. beach mom: Your own creamer sounds so unusual and perfect for the season. It's so nice to have something from family. Geraniums are my favorite summer flowers, so your display must be beautiful! We live in the mountains ... Continue Reading

When will you start your fall decorating, and where will you start decorating first?

Last Reply by pinky ann 1376251806.137 | Started by Pinky Ann in For the Home Talk

It's been feeling like fall at our house for the past two weeks, with a few nighttime temps as low as the forties. Some of our leaves will turn by mid month, and I'm so ready to start fall decorating. The past few years I've started mid- August, and this year I've set out a few fall pieces over the past few days. Things like sunflower and pumpkin salt and pepper shakers in the kitchen, and a few pieces were changed on the mantle. Due to health issues, I've had to pare down how much I do, but will always love decorating our mantle and hearth. I don't need too much else in the living room... Continue Reading

Re: O/T -- QUESTION FOR PET EXPERTS

In Beauty Banter 1375822843.333

Buttercups: Have to add my vote for Cosequin. Our older cat is almost finished with her bottle, and it's done a terrific job in helping her get around better, including the stairs. We're planning to stay with it for awhile, as they suggest a few times a week once the result you needed has been achieved. I was not convinced at all it would work before we tried it, but thankfully I was proven wrong. Best of luck, and a big hug for the sweet kitty! pinky Continue Reading

Page 1 of 166
1 2 3 4 ...166Next