105 Members and 19318 Guests Online

Poppet1's Activity

Re: Brush cleaner

In Beauty Banter 1432315075.727

I use the Dawn anti-bacterial soap. It's green with an apple blossom scent. It gets everything off. Great product! Continue Reading

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- May 2015 (includes spoilers)

In TV Talk 1432314936.33

What are these writers thinking? Now we are to to root for Rick and Maya as a couple when they have been nothing more than mean, obnoxious, bullies? Seriously?!? What do you bet Caroline comes back preggers with Rick's baby? Continue Reading

Re: Anyone remember Dark Shadows the soap opera?

In TV Talk 1432214955.01

On 5/21/2015 JohnnyEager said: Do any really serious fans of the show remember the 1897 storyline? I think that was when the show was at its peak of popularity and was ABC's top daytime show. Those were some good storylines with Quentin (as a zombie), Beth Chavez, the gypsies, a Picture of Dorian Gray subplot, the Trasks, the return of the Phoenix and poor old Mad Jenny locked up in her room. After that it was all downhill and got a little dull with the Leviathans story line. YES! I loved how the "Quentin/Beth" storyline was inspired from the novel "Turn of the Screw". That's my fave story... Continue Reading

Re: Mad Men

In TV Talk 1432064232.91

On 5/19/2015 MamaJane said: I need to watch the finale again, but I thought Joan took the last fellow back and they went into business together. The girl answered the phone "????? And Harris". Did I miss something? Who did she take for a partner since Peggy declined the offer? Joan used her maiden name as the first name of her company "Holloway & Harris". The last guy didn't want to compete with her career so he broke up with her. Peggy decided to stay in advertising. Continue Reading

Re: Estee Lauder Blushes - anyone a fan?

In Beauty Banter 1431901318.35

I put mine on in the morning 6:30 am and it was still on at 4pm. Sensuous Rose is more on the neutral side so it will go with a lot of looks and looks great on skin tones that are fair to light. I really love this color! I wear a lot of warm eye colors and it looks fantastic with them. So pretty, like a natural flush. Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1431892518.27

I am surprised these blushes don't get more attention. They are expensive but you do get a generous amount in the pan. You definitely get your money's worth. They are highly pigmented and have lasting power. The variety of gorgeous shades to compliment many skin tones. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone remember Dark Shadows the soap opera?

In TV Talk 1431824320.317

I remember when I was a kid PBS used to play the re-runs. Then in the 90's the SciFi Channel used to play Dark Shadows original and the mini-series starring Ben Cross as Barnabas Collins. Amazing show. So wish they would bring something like it back. Was disappointed with the Tim Burton movie version. Continue Reading

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- May 2015 (includes spoilers)

In TV Talk 1431550358.477

Are we supposed to forget how mean and nasty Maya has been to everyone and the dirty underhanded methods she used to get Rick? Continue Reading

Estee Lauder "Lucidity" powder - thoughts?

Last Reply by rac71 1432102361.127 | Started by Poppet1 in Beauty Banter

Has anyone tried the pressed or loose "Lucidity" powder from Estee Lauder? If so, how did it perform? Was it worth the price? Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1431464162.913

Here's an update, I ordered the Sensuous Rose online. It just came and I tried it today. WOW! This is a gorgeous color! If you are fair/light skin-tone this is a lovely dusty rosey-peach shade. It will go with a lot of eye looks kind of neutral. This lasts a long time on the skin but looks like a natural flush. You get a very large pan of blush, brush, and mirror in the compact. It was worth every penny! I've always been more into MAC when it comes to blush but Estee Lauder has some beautiful shades that I will be adding to my collection. These are wonderful. Highly recommend! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 242
1 2 3 4 ...242Next