TSV(R) Preview
116 Members and 11519 Guests Online

AuntG's Activity

Re: You know that commercial for Sears Optical with the woman and the raccoon

In Viewpoints 1409181373.327

They are destructive critters, but I like the commercial. At least the commercial didn't influence what happened to that poor lady. Continue Reading

Re: Diane Sawyer's Last News Broadcast

In Viewpoints 1409181177.683

Wishing Diane well. I saw where Ann Compton retired too. Wonder how many female newscasters/reporters work well into their sixties. Continue Reading

Re: Grilling a steak from frozen?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1409099400.44

Never heard of that, but it's nice to know it is an option on those nights when I really want steak. Continue Reading

Re: Who started decorating for Fall & what are your decorating plans ?

In For the Home Talk 1409099316.59

I like those kinds of shops that JJ mentioned in the last post. It's hard to go in and say "just looking" when you know they need the business. If I were truly wealthy, I'd like to redecorate every couple of years, but I'm not. My fall decorations are quite old but still look nice. Continue Reading

Re: Chest Freezer Recommendations

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1409099021.427

My Kenmore chest freezer is several years old and it's proven to be a good buy. I like it more than the upright styles. It's on the smaller side (probably 10 cu. feet) and is rarely packed full-- but we don't have teenagers in the house either. Continue Reading

Re: My Favorite Baked Beans

In Recipe Swap 1409098843.17

Next weekend I plan to grill up some bratwurst and hamburgers. Your recipe will be the perfect side dish to go with them. I want a lot of leftovers, so I'm going to use the larger size cans of pork and beans. Continue Reading

Re: Name a Few Skills Your Mother Taught You by the Age of 10

In Viewpoints 1409090060.19

I'd say by the time I was 10, I was able to do some cooking, cleaning and gardening. I really hate the OCD parents who never let their kids do anything because it won't be perfect. When I first started to push lawn mower, I missed a lot of spots, but my parents weren't fussy. Continue Reading

Re: Another example of very bad parenting

In Viewpoints 1409089798.637

On 8/13/2014 happy housewife said: One of my Mom's favorite lines was "do not ever embarrass me like that again. " And we knew she meant it. Mine was similar, but more along the lines of "if you're going to act up, do it at home but not in public." Continue Reading

Re: DAYS - No Spoilers Please - August 25th - August 31st

In TV Talk 1409089322.177

Will and Sonny had one of the few good marriages in Salem, but it looks like they are headed for the rocks. Continue Reading

Re: Leftover Sloppy Joes- What to do?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1408913287.597

Being that I just made it this week, I can tell you that I mix leftover sloppy joe's with corn/peas/carrots and spread it on the bottom of a baking dish. Then I top it with shredded cheese, and top that with some tator tots. Just bake up in the oven and you'll have a bubbly casserole. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 533
1 2 3 4 ...533Next