Better Than Black Friday
127 Members and 12801 Guests Online

AuntG's Activity

Re: People over 60

In Viewpoints 1417004197.58

These studies will stress moderation which I think makes perfect sense. Continue Reading

Re: Will You Watch the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade?

In Viewpoints 1417004110.277

Always want to, but find too many things that I need to do. It's easier for me to sit down and watch the New Year's parade (Rose Bowl) because I don't do much that day. Continue Reading

Re: First weekend in Dec., we're decorating!

In For the Home Talk 1417003911.773

Yes, we will do the decorating on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Luckily, the outside lights were put up a week ago because we have had several inches of snow which isn't going to melt. Continue Reading

Re: DAYS----NO spoilers please, week of 11/24/2014

In TV Talk 1416966543.967

I liked Eric's place too. Every other apartment in Salem has the same kitchen with a sofa in front of the dining area. Continue Reading

Re: Driving 8 hours - Looking For Great Thanksgiving Dish / Item

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416921252.847

I like the idea of a loaf of pumpkin or banana bread. Even if the menu is planned, the hostess could easily slice the bread and put it on a plate. Continue Reading

Re: Boston Market

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416921088.063

On 11/25/2014 ID2 said: In the later years that my parents were still alive they loved Boston Market. We'd always ordered and would have a complete Boston Market dinner on Christmas! It was actually pretty darn good! I did anything that my parents wanted near the end so if that made them happy? I did it, gladly! Enjoy yours! I'm glad you did things to make your parents happy. Seems that all the posts are positive so I hope the OP gives Boston Market a try. Continue Reading

Re: Slow Cooker Challenged

In Recipe Swap 1416920919.647

Those problems you mention might be the reason some people don't like slow cooked meals. I often use my slow cooker for beef and pork roasts; top the meat with one can of condensed soup. They come out just right. Continue Reading

Re: Is it Normal to see scratches/marring on Vitamix Container?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416920752.617

They probably will replace it, but as you use things, they will show wear. Continue Reading

Re: Sad at this time of year...

In Among Friends 1416879577.37

I miss having children around for the holidays. It's so much more fun with kids. I know some people hate hearing stories about other people's children and grandchildren, but I actually enjoy hearing about what their little ones are saying and doing. Continue Reading

Re: DAYS----NO spoilers please, week of 11/24/2014

In TV Talk 1416878908.81

Pretty easy to figure out what would happen once Dad told Nicole to go ahead and take a shower at his place. Love the way the shows end each day. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 569
1 2 3 4 ...569Next