78 Members and 10337 Guests Online

4uthebest's Activity

Re: Are the Grill Pan with Plates POAF Free?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432536953.307

On 5/24/2015 kitty4me said: I go to Williams-Sonoma on Sundays for their Technique Classes. They cook we eat. So I was got on the subject of the POAF and PTFE with an Employee. He told me Williams-Sonoma doesn't carry any Cookware that contains POAF or PTFE. No one in the world carries any cookware with POAF. Continue Reading

Re: Vitamix...h-e-l-p!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432482468.99

On 5/24/2015 bella-luna said: 4u - Thanks for the tip! I'm assuming when you're chopping in the Vitamix, you keep it on a low setting? depending on what. onions I use 2-3 same as potatoes.. softer items I use 1 you can experiment for yourself.. Also my favorite way for coleslaw is a wet chop. She does it like I do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o54bY1j80ZM Continue Reading

Re: Vitamix...h-e-l-p!

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432411020.813

On 5/23/2015 bella-luna said: 4u - Thanks for the info on the apple cider vinegar; I was on the right track, but I used regular vinegar instead of apple cider. dep - I say if you found a way to use your machine that's comfortable for you, that's what you should do! Queen - Great ip on chopping onions! Thanks! My original estimated delivery date was the 28th, but I just checked my tracking number and it's in my city! Woohoo! Maybe I'll get it on Tuesday instead of Thursday! bella-luna,, another great way to chop a good amt of onions is to run the VM on low(2-3) and take the top off and drop q... Continue Reading

Re: Need A Recommendation For A Thermos That Keeps Liquids Hot

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432294508.807

On 5/21/2015 Bhvbum said: I have found in my business where I need to keep coffee and hot water for tea, hot, a thermos with a GLASS liner works best. The steel and plastic ones just dont work..... Just as an experiment I filled about 2/3 of the way a pump stainless steel liner thermos last night at 5:45PM with water and I mixed it up and pumped out the water and it was 147.6F. This morning at 7:20 AM I pumped out some water and it was in the stream coming out at 129.8F. This gives a good indication as to how well stainless steel works. By the way I do not know anyone that has their hot wat... Continue Reading

Re: Cooking with pasteurized egg whites (stuff in a carton)

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432254655.53

On 5/21/2015 MissM said: If you are referring to the egg whites in a carton, I have a carton in my fridge. I make egg white omelets for breakfast. Anyway, they state on the carton they are heated during the pasteurization process and not recommended for Angel food cake or meringue. Glad you asked as I do use them when baking other things and wouldn't have thought twice about using them in an angel food cake. Always learning on this forum! I pasteurize eggs at a temperature that allows all recipes with raw eggs to be used..Meringue, Souffles. etc.. Continue Reading

Re: Cooking with pasteurized egg whites (stuff in a carton)

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432244152.477

remember with your sous vide unit you can pasteurize your own eggs..You can use them for any purpose you would use raw eggs but they are perfectly safe. You can separate the whites and use them for meringue or whatever you want. Continue Reading

Re: Need A Recommendation For A Thermos That Keeps Liquids Hot

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432244048.353

On 5/21/2015 Bhvbum said: I have found in my business where I need to keep coffee and hot water for tea, hot, a thermos with a GLASS liner works best. The steel and plastic ones just dont work. I have found if I boil water and pour in my glass thermos it will still be hot 8 hrs later. I don't add tea but let folks make the tea when ready because the water is always hot. Also I pour a little boiling water in the thermos for a bout 15 sec to heat it up, pour that out, and fill with the boiling water. Curious as I had glass models and switched to stainless and have never had liquids maintain the... Continue Reading

Re: Getting Most Smells Out of Vitamix Lid

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432159837.943

How many of you have made the tortilla soup in your machine?. Even customer service was well aware of the residual smell from that which ordinary cleaning would not get rid of .. Solution they offered was 3 or so hours soak in AC vinegar. Continue Reading

Re: TSV Knives

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432159677.88

On 5/20/2015 scotnovel said: On 5/20/2015 4uthebest said: %On 5/20/2015 JohnnyEager said: They look remarkably like the Chef Ming Tsai knives HSN has had for several years (the air knives). I bought Chef Ming's when they were a TS and they work fine. They still have a full array of them over there (but not in all these colors)! I got them before Ming put his name on them as if they were his, almost like Lori Greiner having the boldness to put her name on Shark tank items that she has less than 50 % ownership of. When I got them I had to sharpen them to suit my purposes and eventually relegat... Continue Reading

Re: TSV Knives

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1432143651.63

%On 5/20/2015 JohnnyEager said: They look remarkably like the Chef Ming Tsai knives HSN has had for several years (the air knives). I bought Chef Ming's when they were a TS and they work fine. They still have a full array of them over there (but not in all these colors)! I got them before Ming put his name on them as if they were his, almost like Lori Greiner having the boldness to put her name on Shark tank items that she has less than 50 % ownership of. When I got them I had to sharpen them to suit my purposes and eventually relegated them to opening boxes as they sure did not equal the pe... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 361
1 2 3 4 ...361Next