Fall Fashion Days
69 Members and 12003 Guests Online

calcgirl's Activity

Re: Hurt Feelings

In Viewpoints 1404858680.34

On 7/8/2014 ury said: Virtual hug and I'd take you out for a cappuccino if I could. I'm sorry for your pain and your loss. You've been through changes. Your honestly shows you've given this a lot of thought. I do think you are right not to share your feelings with your son. He's being practical. No wrong intentions here. No sense of introducing guilt to the situation. This may sound odd, but something I learned over the past 20 years is what to care about and what not to care about. You save a lot of emotional turmoil this way. Sometimes we have to protect our inner child by being practical. ... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1404858569.96

On 7/8/2014 reese2 said: On 7/7/2014 calcgirl said: Hello Everyone, My son is a pilot with a major airline and he has recently married a very nice lady. Yesterday he told me he gave my flight benefits to his father-in-law because he flies often and since I became a widow 3 years ago I haven't flown anywhere (true). I don't know why this hurt me; I haven't traveled since my sweetheart passed away and his father-in-law will get better use of it. I am not a selfish person at all which makes me feel guilty that this hurt me, but it did. Why????? I never shared my feelings with them yesterday and ... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1404857421.42

On 7/8/2014 Lakk said: I think he should have told you first but I would not mention it again if it were me. Hopefully he didn't realize it would hurt your feelings and it was just a case of acting before he thought it through. I agree Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1404857309.433

On 7/8/2014 cyndog said: I agree that's it wasn't mentioned to you or discussed with you ahead of time. Maybe you had some thoughts that you would start some travel soon or maybe he made you think your son was pulling away a little. Could be all kinds of feelings bouncing around. I do feel he is pulling away. :( Continue Reading

Re: Id love a wonderful recipe for french toast casserole please, TY or the one I lost :(

In Recipe Swap 1404857225.49

On 7/8/2014 Lanikins said: This is my favorite and I make it often for guests are our cabin: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breakfastbrunch/baked-blueberry-pecan-french-toast-3/ This sounds delicious! Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1404799409.123

On 7/7/2014 Kalli said: calcgirl, I think your feelings are normal and human. Maybe it just finalizes what you've been thinking which could be that you're mourning the loss of your husband and feeling that those travel points were supposed to be for you and for him to use. And now that hope is gone. I'm so sorry this has happened. I don't blame you at all for feeling as you do. Be kind to yourself as you're missing your husband and the plans you had. Wish I could say something to make it better. (((hugs))) -Kalli Thank you for the hugs. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1404769466.147

On 7/7/2014 OCGurl said: ((((Hugs)))) I think it is more that your aren't doing the traveling with your sweetheart anymore and him giving your benefits to FIL reinforced that. Feel better soon! I think you are right. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1404769389.49

On 7/7/2014 Clover29 said: I didn't know there was a limit, or a finite number of flights/miles: can't all eligible relatives use the benefit as much as they like? I thought it was for spouse/partner and parents (so FIL may not be eligible, maybe). I don't see how you can give the benefits to someone else, unless the airline says you have to specify a parent and then it's unchangeable. For this airline, children, spouse and one set of parents are allowed benefits. Names are provided and it is not changeable for a year or two unless death occurs. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1404769013.603

On 7/7/2014 SydneyH said: Confused, aren't the benefits he earns his to allot as he sees fit? Of course Sydney, I never meant to imply otherwise. As I stated I have no right to even feel as I do or believe being hurt is justified, which is why I feel guilty and I would never allow my actions or words to imply otherwise. Feelings cannot be stopped only ones actions. I hoped writing them down here would help my hurt pass. Maybe it is as someone earlier wrote that it is a reminder of my loss of my husband and how it was in times past. Today would have been our 50th wedding anniversary and ... Continue Reading

Hurt Feelings

Last Reply by Lindsays Grandma 1404968417.38 | Started by calcgirl in Viewpoints

Hello Everyone, My son is a pilot with a major airline and he has recently married a very nice lady. Yesterday he told me he gave my flight benefits to his father-in-law because he flies often and since I became a widow 3 years ago I haven't flown anywhere (true). I don't know why this hurt me; I haven't traveled since my sweetheart passed away and his father-in-law will get better use of it. I am not a selfish person at all which makes me feel guilty that this hurt me, but it did. Why????? I never shared my feelings with them yesterday and never would, but I thought I was going to cry ( sill... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 137
1 2 3 4 ...137Next