Just-Reduced Clearance
136 Members and 25584 Guests Online

LoriLori's Activity

Re: What Are You Reading --- January 2015

In Book Club 1422196756.357

Linders Back: Re: The Art Forger by B.A. Shapiro: I lived there for a time and often went to the Gardener. So the subject matter of this book is naturally interesting to me -- but Shapiro's driving me batty with her first-person narrator: The number of sentences that start with "I." I this. I that. I this. I that...I (LOL) can't stand when writers do that, and thankfully most don't. Sweet: For a while I wanted to PTB which I almost never do, but on page halfway through it took off. That's an awful lot of pages to read, and time spent, waiting for a book to bloom. Continue Reading

Re: danky

In TV Talk 1422108886.69

On 1/23/2015 tucka said: Dear gameon, I am peeod,I am not good with words but I can't be quiet anylonger,stay with us,i felt the same way the last few days thinking of leaving.I figured out we are a mello group who has been invaded recently,not sure if its the same person or different people. I feel we should ignore them and not let them invade our mellow space,if we don't respond to them then they will go somewhere else to get there fix for the day.What is everyones opinion Javala go away we don't want you here. Am I wrong gardnerladies? Tucka. ((Tucka)) Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1421888110.54

Tucka, I'm sorry, I can be snarky. I meant no disrespect and as I said, I agree with you a hundred percent about the demonstrations. And while it's true I identify more with one party than the other, I have no love for politicians of any stripe. Quite the opposite. My late sister was married to one and he is a soul-less sociopath who only cares about enriching himself. And every politician I knew through them was the same, I'm racking my brain trying to think of one I felt was sincere and I can't. He didn't start out that way either, though he was never a nice guy. But I've seen it:... Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1421878055.75

Danks, Juan JUST got up. This witness took the stand before Christmas to give you an idea. I am following on the web sleuths web site (websleuths.com) because they have people copying every tweet from everyone so you really get all the info. I just skip past their little comments; it's a very well moderated site so they don't go too far afield. If you don't have the energy to do that though google Wild About Trial twitter and just read him. He is hilarious. He doesn't get all the info but he entertains. I'm off to enjoy Mr. Juanderful slicing and dicing this lying "expert." Continue Reading

Re: Big Brother fans, some news on Britney Haynes

In TV Talk 1421863821.303

Lovely news about Brittney. Hopefully Jordan is busy planning the wedding of her dreams, and it's not more stalling on Jeff's part. Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1421860937.277

Danks, you crack me up. Tucka, I hope you don't take offense because I like you so much and all of you, I want to keep it that way. And want to keep you liking me so I won't answer Danks's teasy question. One of my best friends since childhood is named Hilary. We don't speak anymore but I love the name. :P signed, Hip O. Crit And seriously, Tucka, we're in agreement about the demonstrations on the highways and bridges. It didn't go over well here so they only did it once; same for NYC. Once was too much. Smoky, since impatiens can't stand the heat I have something in common with impa... Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1421842755.663

Good morning. Please please no politics. Our president has no more to do with the demonstrations on the highways and bridges than does John Boehner, Bill O'Reilly or Mitt Romney. Please. Off to the eye doc shortly with mom. I have been testing her the past few mornings and she can see out of the eye again so I know it's going to be fine. The only flowers I usually see are impatiens. They're everywhere. Our complex plants copious numbers of them. Something about them must ensure their survival in the punishing heat and torrential rains but darned if I know. I miss wildflowers like ... Continue Reading

Re: Broadchurch 2

In TV Talk 1421789288.977

The most important thing is that people in Great Britain are complaining they can't understand the dialogue -- so how will we? The article is still there. Maybe they moved it? Try this: Broadchurch drops two million viewers this series http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11357123/Broadchurch-drops-two-million-viewers-this-series-losing-ratings-battle-to-Silent-Witness.html Continue Reading

Re: Broadchurch 2

In TV Talk 1421765020.48

This does not bode well at all. If the British can't understand what they're saying there's no hope for us. Yikes!!! There is a very very slight insignificant spoiler in the article. And the info that season 2 is not a mystery but a courtroom drama. Broadchurch 2 drops 2 million viewers Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- January 2015

In Book Club 1421761374.477

I finished "The Burgess Boys" by Elizabeth Strout and as you said, Sweet, it was not good at all. I can't even believe Strout could write a book I dislike so much. Even the most likeable of characters was not rootable and the rest were miseries. I loved her other three, "Olive Kitteridge" is one of my favorite books of all time. I'm about to start "The Art Forger" by B.A. (Barbara) Shapiro. It's a novel about the greatest art theft of all time, which occurred at Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (a truly lovely place; I've been there before the theft, and since). And it's about art for... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 334
1 2 3 4 ...334Next