Shoes & Handbags Offers
179 Members and 14454 Guests Online

LoriLori's Activity

Re: What Are You Reading --- September 2014

In Book Club 1409662466.937

I finished Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi. Wonderful novel. I loved it. It's a love story but also about race, immigration, class and culture in America, Great Britain and Nigeria. She has a simple, elegant writing style, not much symbolism and no literary gymnastics; she lets the story unfold naturally. It's like you're sitting with her and she's telling it to you. I'm so glad I read it. I couldn't put it down. Even though it's an award-winning bestseller, it's not something I would ordinarily read and I am so glad I did, I encourage everyone to sample it. Then as a palate cleanser I ... Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- September 2014

In Book Club 1409661349.83

On 9/1/2014 sunala said: Thank you Lainey for keeping this wonderful thread going every month! I'm now reading The Woman who Wasn't There by Robin Gaby Fisher. It's a true story about a survivor of the World Trade Center who was seriously wounded in the attack and whose fiance was killed there. The sub-title is "The True Story of an Incredible Deception." I'm half way through and I can't imagine how this brave woman, who became a famous leader for survivor's rights, deceived anyone. It's very good and I can't wait to get back to it. Happy reading everyone! Sunala, please don't miss the te... Continue Reading

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 9/02/2014!!!

In TV Talk 1409660686.84

Re yesterday's comments that at least Cody showed some heart picking Donny and Nicole for the reward, I don't agree. He showed game. He chose the easiest way out, not having to choose between anyone in his alliance That's all it was, a self-serving move (and there's nothing wrong with those), not a heartfelt one. I'm tired of them casting people, sending them DVDs of every season and having them study. It wouldn't even surprise me if production gives them hints about upcoming comps so they look like they know what they're talking about. Because there's no one in this house that knows BB ... Continue Reading

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 9/01/2014!!!

In TV Talk 1409573658.51

Danky said, yesterday: LORI....not being confrontational here but, out of curiosity, what gave you the impression that Frankie was wealthy and/or successful ? I thought that he aspired to be both but, in reality, was neither. (Based on things HE has said .) Danky, I'm basing it on where they were brought up and the schools they attended, the best private schools in South Florida. As far as Frankie's success on Broadway, it didn't come from being a dancer in Mamma Mia but rather from his career as a Broadway producer, known as angels. (Haha, a misnomer if ever there was one.) I don't know ... Continue Reading

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 9/01/2014!!!

In TV Talk 1409572855.51

Boo! Bad news! I'm not even going to keep up with this until it's time for the ceremony. It's too frustrating. Continue Reading

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 8/31/2014!!!

In TV Talk 1409531607.42

That comp wasn't even fun to watch. And why on earth did Nicole help Christine. :smh: Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1409531523.537

On 8/31/2014 Danky said: LORI.....you are right about attitude toward haters....Frankie was lying in bed talking to Derrick ( who should be a little concerned about his job after his participation the other night ) and he told him that ....When you are a superstar, 1/2 the people are going to love you and 1/2 are going to hate you. I know 1/2 hate me and I've embraced it. Good old delusional freak ! I don't know that he's delusional. He and Ariana were both born with silver spoons in their mouths, went to the best schools, did not go to the school of hard knocks. He sure didn't make the mo... Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1409529284.037

IMO last year was much, much worse and nothing was done about it. Andy was a horrific misogynist and Spencer talked about rape. And the things Aaryn said, offending Julie! Gina Marie, Amanda, bigots. We thought some people, like Spencer and Andy, would pay a price in the real world but they didn't. Just looked up Aaryn and she's doing well. Gina Marie says over and over on Twitter "Haters gonna hate" when people respond to vile remarks she makes, and I know that's what Frankie will say too. The problem is so much focus on Frankie but he's not as bad as any of the above from last year, becaus... Continue Reading

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 8/30/2014!!!

In TV Talk 1409433824.39

Gardenman, what is your opinion on why Derrick is rated so poorly at Joker's? As reflected in the rankings there is no appreciation of how well he's played the game. Why do you think that is? Are your books going to be published on paper as well as ebook? Continue Reading

Page 1 of 285
1 2 3 4 ...285Next