Give Gorgeous
100 Members and 13898 Guests Online

Jersey Born's Activity

Re: Xeralto

In Health & Fitness 1414761410.92

Good morning, Gooday. I am sorry to read about your troubles with Xarelto. Please do your own research on this drug and others of its class. What you are not likely not being told is that there is no remedy for Xarelto, or any of the other, similar, new anti-coagulants. So, if you experience serious bleeding in your brain from taking Xarelto, there is nothing a neurosurgeon can do to save your life in time. Dialysis might take too long to get the drug out of your system. There is even talk in the medical community that those who take Xarelto should have their blood monitored every month... Continue Reading

Re: Kaci H. update

In Viewpoints 1414515320.61

Soxfan, I have heard that Kaci works for the CDC for their Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS). That could explain her position on the matter, and her outrage at having to be quarantined after being in the midst of ebola patients. I think she is selfish and wrong. Continue Reading

Re: Yo! - 10/26/14 - Erie Canal open to traffic, 1825

In Judith Ripka 1414365446.163

Oh, Kappy. I am so sorry to hear about your dear son and his problems and pain after falling. I hope his fall doesn't necessitate further surgery. I will keep your son in my prayers. Continue Reading

Re: New questions they asked at the Doctor's office last week

In Health & Fitness 1414327330.063

On 10/26/2014 AutumnBlonde said: On 10/25/2014 Isabella 2 said: On 10/25/2014 jenagal said: I've been asked those questions for two years or more. I don't believe it's governments business who has guns in their house. I asked why she asked that and she said if I was depressed and had guns she would have to make a notification on it. Where it would go then, I do not know. I believe it's government getting into everything and some doctors just aren't doing it. The Affordable Care Act is requiring that an extensive social history be obtained from patients. So yes it absolutely is the government ... Continue Reading

Re: Now health personnel returning from West Africa treated like criminals in NY/NJ

In Viewpoints 1414247231.617

I am personally thrilled that the NY and NJ governors are doing what is necessary to protect those who live in their states, and I sincerely hope other governors follow suit and do the same. It is not okay and seems inconceivable to me, in fact, that those brave doctors who go over to help others with the ebola outbreaks are so cavalier toward the rest of us at home after having been exposed to a deadly pathogen that they may be secretly harboring and bringing right back home to us. It seems like a double standard. Help those in West Africa, but the heck with those living back in the USA. ... Continue Reading

Re: Dr. Nancy Snyderman to take a leave from NBC

In Viewpoints 1414240430.823

On 10/25/2014 RibbonsAndBows said: Nice touch, RibbonsAndBows. Dr. Nancy has no one to blame but herself. She was the one in the limelight, and she just couldn't understand that her selfish actions would upset others. How does a doctor not take exposure to a Level 4 pathogen seriously? And how can she think she has the right to deny any and all responsibility for her own decision to violate her proudly proclaimed, self-imposed quarantine without any consequence? Continue Reading

Re: A question for those of you who don't wear white metals

In Jewelry Talk 1414027406.883

On 10/22/2014 CAshopper2011 said: On 10/22/2014 Jersey Born said: On 10/20/2014 lulu2 said: On 10/17/2014 esmeraldagooch said: What doesn't look good with yellow gold? I wondered the same thing? Well, ladies, I don't particularly like wearing yellow gold with shoes that have silver embellishment, or with handbags that have silver hardware, or with a sweater that has silver thread woven throughout. I also don't like wearing grey clothing with gold jewelry, and I particularly dislike grey colored handbags with gold zippers and gold hardware, even though some bag designers use this combination.... Continue Reading

Re: A question for those of you who don't wear white metals

In Jewelry Talk 1414022405.39

On 10/20/2014 lulu2 said: On 10/17/2014 esmeraldagooch said: What doesn't look good with yellow gold? I wondered the same thing? Well, ladies, I don't particularly like wearing yellow gold with shoes that have silver embellishment, or with handbags that have silver hardware, or with a sweater that has silver thread woven throughout. I also don't like wearing grey clothing with gold jewelry, and I particularly dislike grey colored handbags with gold zippers and gold hardware, even though some bag designers use this combination. But, truthfully, other than those few pet peeves of mine, I am... Continue Reading

Re: Carpal Tunnel shots or surgery?

In Health & Fitness 1413728637.503

HI, Ringer. As someone who once experienced the pain of CTS for a short while (repositioning my hands when I typed, purchasing an ergonomic keyboard for my computer, and taking ibuprofen, which was an absolute Godsend, eliminated my problem entirely), I can understand your desire for information to put an end to your pain. When I had my first, and thankfully, only CTS experience, I know that I would have considered undergoing surgery without anesthesia at the time as the pain was so bad, how would I have even noticed the scalpel go in? I realized then why people underwent surgery to reliev... Continue Reading

Re: Question for Pitdakota...

In Viewpoints 1413548628.81

Terrier, the reason that the actual figure for influenza deaths cannot ever be known is that not every patient who has influenza, or any other influenza-like illness (and there are a slew of other illnesses with similar symptoms, like enteroviruses, rhinoviruses, and para-influenza viruses to name a few), is given a laboratory test to confirm that what they suffer from is indeed influenza. It would be like a doctor stating that because you have a fever with chills and malaise, and body aches, that you have influenza. No doctor is omniscient, however, so without a laboratory test result con... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 403
1 2 3 4 ...403Next