Creede Silver Sale
75 Members and 14309 Guests Online

Jersey Born's Activity

Re: Brigham and Women’s nurses sue over flu shot mandate

In Health & Fitness 1412083375.033

SFNative, I will respond to you as you addressed me directly. Do you accept and acknowledge that an attenuated "live" virus vaccine, like the nasal flu vaccine which is squirted up into a person's nose, can result in viral reassortment sometimes, and it can spread the very disease it is meant to protect others against, and even infect the recipient? The attenuated/weakened, nasal flu vaccine viruses can be harbored in the sinus passages of recipients for anywhere between 7 to 21 days, depending upon which study or package insert you read. The nasal flu vaccine has the real potential to bring ... Continue Reading

Re: Strange half-dream, very real

In Health & Fitness 1411926335.853

Hi, Ford. I am glad you are okay after having such a wild and unpleasant dream. I have had some real dream doozies in the past, some of which I still remember, but I find that as long as I make sure I don't eat anything within three hours of bedtime, I don't have them. I hope you have some lovely, happy dreams in the days ahead. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1411909716.653

For those who say anti-vaccine people are spreading lies that the vaccine industry profits handsomely from the sale of their products, here is something I have found to refute that statement and it most certainly doesn't come from any anti-vaccine group. A simple search brought me right to this: “The global vaccines industry was valued at $24 billion in 2009 and is expected to reach $52 billion in 2016 at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.5%. The vaccines market, which was once considered a low-profit segment of the top players’ portfolios, showed a turnaround after th... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1411872344.603

This is a direct quote from that link. The language is very clear. I wish you all the best. "RESULTS: Vaccine failures were observed to show lower antibody response to TIV compared with other vaccine recipients. We did not find any evidence that vaccination reduced the severity or duration of clinical symptoms of reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction-confirmed vaccine-matched influenza B infections. Vaccination was not observed to alter viral load or shedding duration. CONCLUSIONS: TIV was not observed to ameliorate clinical symptoms or viral shedding among vaccine failures compare... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1411871414.57

There are hundreds of influenza strains. The vaccine is just a guess, based upon what is seen in the Southern Hemisphere, and then there is the problem of antigenic shift of the influenza viruses that are circulating. All I can say is that if you take an annual flu shot, NoelSeven, I hope it works for you each and every time, and that it never causes you any harm. That is what I wish for everyone. You are making an informed medical decision if you consider the risks as well as the benefits of any medical product or procedure you decide to take or undergo. I think each of us deserves the ... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1411870333.183

On 9/27/2014 pitdakota said: On 9/27/2014 Jersey Born said: Here's a study that indicates children who received a flu shot did not have a less severe case of influenza when the vaccine failed to protect them from contracting influenza. This study conflicts with what we are being told. It may be only one study, but it would be interesting if more studies were done to determine if this is true for adults as well, and to confirm these findings in children in other countries. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24061274 There is no way that is what that study demonstrated. You are grossly exagg... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1411870257.047

Pitdakota, what is new is that flu shots don't have the efficacy of the other vaccines, and they are the only vaccine that come with an annual requirement. None of the other vaccines required for medical staff are required annually. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1411869672.77

And now for a sad but true story, NoelSeven. I know someone who just had a bone marrow transplant. He was treated by doctors and nurses wearing masks who adhered to a very strict hygiene protocol, and then, a hospital orderly went into this man's hospital room and coughed an illness throughout the room he was in, threatening his life. The orderly was clearly sick and clearly should have been prohibited from entering the patient's room, but he wasn't. My friend did indeed become ill, quite possibly from this undesired visit to his room. No flu shot can stop such a stupid, senseless mistake at ... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1411849982

Lavendar, I think the answer to your question could be determined if your question were rephrased slightly as, "What do the nurses at Brigham know that the nurses at Dana Farber don't? Karen Higgins, a nurse with asthma at Boston Medical Center, who also happened to be the co-president of the nursing union at the time, opted for the flu shot when given a choice of the shot or the mask, as she was afraid she wouldn't be able to breathe wearing the mask for her entire shift every day during flu season. She had already had a prior adverse reaction to a flu shot, so she was between a rock and a h... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1411762668.067

On 9/26/2014 ChynnaBlue said: On 9/25/2014 Jersey Born said: Considering the science is very clear that flu shots are nowhere near 100% efficacious, and their efficacy drops precipitously when they are taken two years in a row, I am glad the Boston nurses are claiming their right to make their own informed medical consent decisions regarding annual flu shots. Good for them. Nothing is 100% effective, including the birth control pill. It's still better than going without. I've never heard the claim that the efficacy drops when taken 2 years in a row. What's your source on that? My source is ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 401
1 2 3 4 ...401Next