Guaranteed Delivery
136 Members and 16261 Guests Online

turtle52's Activity

Re: Has anyone had experience with Social Security Disability attorneys?

In Health & Fitness 1419119945.477

There is A LOT of misinformation here as there always is whenever there is a Social Security discussion. I worked for SSA for 12 years and here's what I can tell you: 1. For SSA purposes, the definition of disability is that it has to be expected to last for at least one year or end in death. 2. You have to have worked ON THE BOOKS for 5 years out of the 10 before you became disabled to be insured for SSDI benefits unless you are very young. 3. A person's age and education is taken into consideration. That's why 2 people with the exact same condition may have different decisions made. As a ru... Continue Reading

Re: Depression

In Health & Fitness 1419092578.323

Midnight, you are on the right track. There is lots of depression in my family. I applaud you for being proactive which isn't always easy to do. Depression can be hard to treat as you well know. It's great that you had a physical workup as often depression is caused by physical problems. Hang in there and as I say below, "this too shall pass". Continue Reading

Re: O/T: Marilyn?

In Beauty Banter 1418940388.73

NO ONE knows???? Continue Reading

O/T: Marilyn?

Last Reply by turtle52 1418940388.49 | Started by turtle52 in Beauty Banter

I don't watch QVC much anymore but I just realized that I haven't seen Marilyn, the lovely woman who represents Susan Graver's clothing line when Susan isn't on. Has anyone seen her lately? I think that she always did a great job and was very professional and EASY to listen to. TIA! Continue Reading

Re: Would love gift ideas for daughter in law.

In Mom to Mom Forum 1418925370.757

If you don't know her well enough to know what she would like, I agree that you should ask your son. Continue Reading

Re: When will Dr. Denese have a special?

In Beauty Banter 1418925295.64

I'm really disappointed that she hasn't had a website sale yet. I need to stock up on Hydroshield! Continue Reading

Re: Crossbody bags

In All About Handbags 1418747498.06

I only wear cross body bags and like lightweight durable bags. I have started buying Kipling bags. I get them at Macy's during One Day sales and other sale days. I also use Macy's coupons when I purchase them so I have gotten some really great deals. Another brand that is good is Baggallini. HTH! Continue Reading

Re: Trader Joe's Christmas Presents...

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418688411.697

Trader Joe's has a lot of unusual boxed holiday goodies. I think that they make great (hostess) gifts as they are something different (AND delicious)! You could buy a wicker basket and put a few different items in them. I'd love to get this as a gift. Continue Reading

Re: I Wonder ...

In TSV Talk 1418688161.59

On 12/15/2014 tough_kitty said: On 12/15/2014 happygal said: May I make a friendly suggestion, Sparklestar? Make the titles of your posts more informative so people who are not interested can just move on by. Nearly 250 people looked, one replied. Pretty please.....with sugar on it.....? :-) Just let us know <em>what</em> it is you are wondering about. I hate it when the subject lines don't contain ANY information about the subject of the post.... I dislike this also. It unfortunately is VERY common on the boards. Continue Reading

Re: Lisa Mason and her husband Gino

In Fashion Talk 1418669352.11

On 12/14/2014 RedTop said: One of our contractor friends was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer several years ago. As sole support for his family, he applied for Social Security disability and was immediately approved. Just as an aside, this is true. I worked for Social Security. Stage 4 cancer, or cancer that has metastasized is an immediate approval. However, the medical evidence is still gathered and a final decision is made. You have to meet the work requirement to receive Social Security disability benefits: you have to have worked 5 years out of the 10 before you became disabled. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 224
1 2 3 4 ...224Next