Holidays at Home
25 Members and 10322 Guests Online

tototwo's Activity

Re: Absolutely Magic - Foot Cream

In Beauty Banter 1411923052.93

Yes, Harpa! I've never found anything to replace Joan's Absolutely Magic Hand Cream. I've tried several brands, but nothing gives me the positive results as Joan's. *Sigh* I credit my using Joan's hand cream for several years for the reason my hands are youthful-looking today. Just wish I could still buy it. I found a sample packet of her foot cream in my bathroom closet a few weeks ago. It was soooo old, I tossed it. But I held it in my hand for a minute and just remembered. Continue Reading

Re: Losing shows due to "Christmas programming"

In Beauty Banter 1411823495.123

It's not just TV shopping channels. Some of the stores here are already playing Christmas music and our Kohl's and KMart already have Christmas decorations everywhere. Too soon!!! I want to celebrate fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving. I'm sick to death of Christmas long before I ever put up our Christmas tree. Continue Reading

Re: How happy are you really with your skin care line

In Beauty Banter 1411736652.263

I don't use any one "line" - but products I've come to love from several different lines. It took years of trial and error. I still will try something new, but always go back to the same products. Everyone's skin is different and what works for me may not work for you, so you need to figure out what your skin needs and start experimenting. A good place to start is cleansers - I highly recommend Skinn AM/PM cleansers. Basic complexion care for me is: Vitamin C serum in the morning and Retinol at night. Continue Reading

Re: Joan Rivers : A Piece Of Work airing tonight on PBS

In Beauty Banter 1411559601.913

I hope you all got to see this documentary. I saw the original version when it was first released a few years back. Gave me some new insights on Joan and seemed to be very honest. It was excellent and well done and I highly recommend it. Sorry to hear PBS edited it - but of course they would. There was plenty of raw language. Continue Reading

Re: Order of application for Skinn

In Beauty Banter 1411559077.247

On the ShopHQ website, if you do a search for Skinn, a page with a photo of Dimitri will come up. To the right of the photo is an "Order of Usage" link. There are also videos there that demo how and when to use each product. Continue Reading

Re: Seriously, I need a great neck cream...suggestions?

In Beauty Banter 1411473845.327

Sweetcheeks!!! Keep using that Avon DFC! -- my neck's still firm at 65. One little crease where my neck and chest meet, but that's it. I've been using DFC for 8-10 years myself and am afraid to ever stop using it. Continue Reading

Re: Seriously, I need a great neck cream...suggestions?

In Beauty Banter 1411387854.233

My recommendation is Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream. I usually stock up when it's '3 for $10' -- can a product that cheap work well? Yes! Someday I might try Skinn's Chin-up Redensify. But for now, I'm not willing to quit using DFC. Continue Reading

Re: Bottom line Skinn products thatr really worked for you that you will repurchase?

In Beauty Banter 1411387383.657

conlt ~ re: the yellow plasma flawless finish. I also use a brush to apply it, similar to using a yellow finishing powder. Sometimes I use the sponge or just my fingertips (as a highlighter). This is an interesting thread - thanks! I see a pattern of favorites. Continue Reading

Re: Bottom line Skinn products thatr really worked for you that you will repurchase?

In Beauty Banter 1411327143.17

My favorites that I will reorder (and have reordered): Hand Restore Bright Side Spot Treatment AM/PM Cleansers DermAppeal Lip 6X in the pump bottle I love the yellow Plasma Flawless Finish for my oily, rosacea-prone complexion -- however, the 2 compacts I have will probably last me over a year. No need to reorder any time soon! I have a routine of Vit C in the morning and Retinol at night with a basic moisturizer. If it ain't broke don't fix it -- I don't know how to incorporate Skinn products into my routine and don't want to change what already works for me. I thought the Stem Regen item... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 226
1 2 3 4 ...226Next