138 Members and 19462 Guests Online

Helen852's Activity

Re: Would you go to your HS reunion alone?

In Viewpoints 1432682998.873

On 5/22/2015 terrier3 said: Most reunions have FB pages now. My 40th reunion had one - that was the FIRST one I went to. I was able to re-connect online before the event with people I hadn't seen in decades...so I knew who I was going to hang with once I arrived. No spouse - no problem for me. I went to a Catholic all girls school and reunions are "girls only" events. The sisters taught us that you don't need a man next to your side to have a good time - especially at a reunion. Same here Terrier. My 45th is next month, I'm on the committee. It's been very difficult getting people to respon... Continue Reading

Re: General Hospital ~ May Thread

In TV Talk 1432067343.793

Maybe Hayden will have amnesia and not even remember who she is. When will they bring back the Michael / Sabrina / Rosalie storyline. What about Silas and whatever happened to Eva? How many years before Julian's son shows up in town (the one who 'died' and was accidentally cremated)? I must have missed something or maybe it hasn't finished yet, what did Sloane and Anna do about Carlos' body? And .... who really shot Hayden? Jordan, Shawn or Nicholas' man. Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1431950684.99

I thought the live show was well done. Showed who can really act. My thoughts are that Carlos will fall into the Port Charles River and float away and be found by someone and at a later date brought back that way Anna won't be charged with his murder. SPOILERS**** from Celebrity Dirty Laundry Read that the mystery man marrying Nina is Ric? Hayden is in the line of fire and there's a wedding. Sonny's first wife was the woman flipping the credit cards on Friday and she may be back and Rosalie is their daughter. Continue Reading

Re: Terrier3!!

In Viewpoints 1431874978.09

I agree with all of the recommendations. In East Aurora you can also try the Elm Street Bakery. It's casual artisan but very good. Or Wallaweins, good old fashioned bar, cold beer and wings or beef on weck and the Globe Hotel. Farmers Market's too. The one in the city on Bidwell (am I correct on that Terrier?) And the E.A. Farmers Market is nice too. Haven't been to the OP one as yet. I go to Mangia for my birthday every year. There's supposed to be a raclette opening in Buffalo in June near Shea's but haven't heard how that's progressing. My nephew is good friends with the people openin... Continue Reading

Re: What has happened to Philosophy

In philosophy 1431721314.457

On 5/15/2015 Tissyanne said: Amazing Grace smells exactly the same as the first time I tried it many years ago. I agree with Tissyanne. I've found no changes in any of the formulations. I recently tried Falling in Love and find it very nice and lasting. I get many compliments when I wear any Philosophy Fragrances. Continue Reading

Re: To the moderators, please consider hiring some moderators to watch the forum late at night.

In Suggestion Box 1431185341.88

I had the misfortune of being unable to sleep last night and saw that latest. It has to be spambot. Don't know how long it was here but for the moderators to have someone online 24/7 is a bit ridiculous. Hopefully they can write a program to counterattack the attack. Continue Reading

Re: I am not going into detail, but . . .

In Viewpoints 1431015884.17

On 5/7/2015 Ford1224 said: On 5/6/2015 Helen852 said: Ford, This is wonderful. I'm in a similar situation with my oldest son going on 5 1/2 years now. He and his wife cut us off with a letter. I have 2 grand daughters I've never met. DH and I are able to find things out through some of her family members. In fact last night I had a high school reunion meeting and one of the gals is a secretary at a parochial school. She's aware of the situation and funny thing this past week they were at the school enrolling the oldest daughter in Kindergarden for next year. I pray every night for some type o... Continue Reading

Re: I am not going into detail, but . . .

In Viewpoints 1430954058.333

Ford, This is wonderful. I'm in a similar situation with my oldest son going on 5 1/2 years now. He and his wife cut us off with a letter. I have 2 grand daughters I've never met. DH and I are able to find things out through some of her family members. In fact last night I had a high school reunion meeting and one of the gals is a secretary at a parochial school. She's aware of the situation and funny thing this past week they were at the school enrolling the oldest daughter in Kindergarden for next year. I pray every night for some type of reconciliation. I will keep you in my thoughts... Continue Reading

In TV Talk 1430492708.91

I believe the Nurses Ball begins today and will continue through to mid week. Also, 2 of the shows are supposed to be performed live! Where's Ava? I was surprised to see Britt back as well, maybe she'll be one of those contract players who will pop up every so often. I haven't watched all week, I check here for updates or some of the websites. Continue Reading

Re: Your Kids and Common Core...

In Viewpoints 1429047243.283

On 4/14/2015 terrier3 said: The results are coming in...some of our suburban school districts had up to 70% of the kids refuse to take the tests. I heard the city schools were 40%. Something on facebook a few weeks ago from a teacher in the city (Buffalo Public School teacher). The tests are timed and the children who are challenged are allowed extra time; this one teacher said her students, who's second language is English, finished the test in less than the time allowed, it could be 70 minutes. Wow you say ... well they guessed at the answers because they can't read English. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 24
1 2 3 4 ...24Next