Dooney Days
12 Members and 14492 Guests Online

Helen852's Activity

Re: Buffalo. NY Posters.......

In Viewpoints 1416520837.213

Thanks so much. I'm in the thick of it. Five feet plus. Haven't heard about too many power outages. The snow is falling so fast, plows can't keep up. Travel bans in many towns and villages. We probably won't be able to get out until Saturday. We have enough food for the two of us. They did warn us it was coming so we did stock up. Again, thank you for your concern. Continue Reading

Re: Terrier3 are you snowed in?

In Viewpoints 1416413517.137

There have been no reports of any power outages. Hoping Terrier was busy working and readying herself for the city getting the snow today. We ended up here with a good 5 ft of snow. It's moved north to the city and the northern 'burbs, but tonight, there's another system that's headed this way again and they are reporting another 2-3 feet. Our street hasn't been touched by the plows yet (since the one got stuck), there is still a driving ban on as well. The Thruway is still closed. All you former Buffalonians: I'm on the border of Hamburg / Orchard Park between the stadium and McKinl... Continue Reading

Re: How much do you pay for a haircut?

In Viewpoints 1416325761.327

$105 for 2 process color and cut/style (plus $20) tip. Well worth it as well. JCPenney's salon, same stylist for many years. Always re-book my appointments so I don't have to worry about not getting in every 6-8 weeks. In fact, I booked in August for the holiday appointments. Continue Reading

Re: Terrier3 are you snowed in?

In Viewpoints 1416325602.487

Irishgirl: Can't speak for Terrier but here in OP/Hamburg area we are pounded. In fact, there's a town of Hamburg snow plow truck stuck on our street right in front of our house, it's been there for 2 hours. We have a good 2-3 feet right now. The city hasn't gotten too much yet, but there's literally a wall over the lake that you can see from the City. Check it out on either WKBW or any other news stations. It's a pretty awesome pix. We're hunkered down here for a few days. The stores were out of everything yesterday in anticipation of this storm. Even The Weather Channel has a rep in H... Continue Reading

Re: Guess Who is on the Next Celebrity Apprentice?

In Viewpoints 1415231543.137

From the Tamara Tattles site in May 2014. These are the contestants. The site has more info on all the tasks and who is 'rumored' to be the final 2. Ian Zierling (Beverly Hills 90210), Lorenzo Lamas, Geraldo Rivera, Kevin Jonas, Terrell Owens (Football), Johnny Damon (Baseball), Sig Hansen (Deadliest Catch) Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian) Keisha Knight Pulliam, Kenya Moore, Brandi Glanville, Kate Gosselin, Vivica Fox, Shawn Johnson (Olympic Gymnast), Leeza Gibbons, Jamie Anderson (Olympic Snowboarder) Continue Reading

Re: TSV Turkey Fryer

In TSV Talk 1413988844.383

You can buy the oil in different sizes. We use the largest which I believe is 3.5 gallons. If you cook a turkey 14 lbs and up you'll need a bit more. We have had the electric fryer before and love them. We don't put on counter top though, we cook in the stove or on the deck. If you follow instructions, you will never bake another turkey. They did say that the turkey only absorbs 2 tablespoons of the oil. Continue Reading

Re: Joan Rivers Will be on This Season's Celebrity Apprentice

In Viewpoints 1410409764.167

From the Tamara Tattles site in May 2014. These are the contestants. The site has more info on all the tasks and who is 'rumored' to be the final 2. Ian Zierling (Beverly Hills 90210), Lorenzo Lamas, Geraldo Rivera, Kevin Jonas, Terrell Owens (Football), Johnny Damon (Baseball), Sig Hansen (Deadliest Catch) Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian) Keisha Knight Pulliam, Kenya Moore, Brandi Glanville, Kate Gosselin, Vivica Fox, Shawn Johnson (Olympic Gymnast), Leeza Gibbons, Jamie Anderson (Olympic Snowboarder) Continue Reading

Re: Peach Season!

In Viewpoints 1408988461.357

On 8/25/2014 terrier3 said: I just ate my first local sweet juicy peach (over the sink)...it was SO GOOD! Between the peaches and tomatoes, I'm in Farmer's Market Heaven! I like my peaches plain...or grilled. But I have never made a peach pie in my life and I'm thinking there may be one in our future! What's YOUR favorite late summer treat? Hi Terrier3, sounds delish. I believe next weekend is the Lewiston Peach Festival. I make a peach pie from a recipie I saw on The Chew. You use a cast iron pan, and amaretto in the peaches. Continue Reading

Re: Credit report inquiry-question

In Among Friends 1408840241.777

Congratulations on the home!! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 18
1 2 3 4 ...18Next