Better Than Black Friday
106 Members and 14723 Guests Online

Lilysmom's Activity

Re: Slow Cooker Challenged

In Recipe Swap 1416937423.087

Happy housewife, that pork chop and sauerkraut recipe sounds delicious! Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- November 2014

In Book Club 1416767061.683

USEDTOBE, I just finished REVIVAL. I am a fairly new Stephen King reader. I started with 11/22/63. I was not a fan of the big horror books. Since 11/22/63, Mr. MERCEDES and now Revival I consider myself a King fan. Some times you realize how bad some authors can be when you read a really good author. To me, King is a master story teller. He slowly draws you in and, before you know it, you're hooked. If the whole book was like the last 50 pages, I would have had trouble. I thought this book was very well written. when I'm compare this book to John Grisham's newest release, I see how Grisham ch... Continue Reading

Re: Stephen King's New Book

In Book Club 1416766929.193

USEDTOBE, I just finished REVIVAL. I am a fairly new Stephen King reader. I started with 11/22/63. I was not a fan of the big horror books. Since 11/22/63, Mr. MERCEDES and now Revival I consider myself a King fan. Some times you realize how bad some authors can be when you read a really good author. To me, King is a master story teller. He slowly draws you in and, before you know it, you're hooked. If the whole book was like the last 50 pages, I would have had trouble. I thought this book was very well written. when I'm compare this book to John Grisham's newest release, I see how Grisham ch... Continue Reading

Re: What's the difference between cod and halibut?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416673542.283

Halibut is a member of the flatfish. You are much more likely to term Halibut as a fish cut in steaks like tuna. It's flesh is thicker and firmer than cod. Cod has a light flaky texture and is usually sold in fillet form. Both are very tasty but have a difference texture. Can't go wrong with either. My favorite fillet is haddock. Being from the east coast of Camada, that is no surprise. Some of the best haddock comes from George's Bank in the Gulf of Maine which has been fished by Canadians and Americans for hundreds of years. Enjoy your seafood. Great time of year to buy here ... Flesh is ni... Continue Reading

Re: Is there anyone here that has no drapes or curtains in their home?

In For the Home Talk 1416653125.66

Plantation shutters in my nine year old home. Love the clean look. I have on all windows but those with lake views. Expensive is the down side but I plan on staying here so to me it was worth it. It is also a wonderful way to manage light. A little, a lot or none at all. Good luck with your choice Mima! Continue Reading

Re: Apple TV

In Electronics Talk 1416476502.107

Love Apple TV! Continue Reading

Re: O/T: Requesting Prayers for "Lobstergal"

In Health & Fitness 1416476417.76

Good luck lobstergal. We had our first taste of winter today. Very bad driving. Stay safe! LM Continue Reading

Re: What Are You Reading --- November 2014

In Book Club 1416476075.007

SUNNY, I am about half way through REVIVAL. It is a good read. I am new to Stephen King since 11/22/63 (or is it 11/23/63? ... Always get that wrong). I really like how he gets into his character's head. I love authors with strong character development skills. No idea how this is going to end but am enjoying it after going through a few so so reads that were too predictable like Grisham's GREY MOUNTAIN. I never finished that one and don't think I'll return to it. Happy reading! LM Continue Reading

Re: Stephen King's New Book

In Book Club 1416173444.897

Will do USEDTOBE! Continue Reading

Re: I'm almost too embarrassed to ask...

In Book Club 1416173372.717

Mochahoney, try Stephen King's 11/22/63 which is a story about President Kemnedy's assassination. It is not at all like King's horror writing. It is very good reading. I am sure you will enjoy it...check out book reviews on Goodreads.com. One of our reading buddies put me on to that site and it is fantastic. Lainey's monthly 'What are You Reading November 2014, for example, is one to watch. Love it! Welcome back to reading. I am such a book hound!!! LM Continue Reading

Page 1 of 249
1 2 3 4 ...249Next