99 Members and 19658 Guests Online

Lilysmom's Activity

Re: If you bought an unlocked iphone

In Electronics Talk 1432234473.383

Thanks nutmeg. Don't mind saying I'm a bit lost. Looking forward to training next week! LM Continue Reading

Re: Over 50 and the gym

In Health & Fitness 1432218727.21

Go for it! Doesn't matter how old you are. LM Continue Reading

Re: New Shows Coming To PBS. - Poldark in June

In TV Talk 1432218556.847

Love this series. Hope someone posts reminder! Lm Continue Reading

Re: Perks of the job: who wins?

In Viewpoints 1432218384.697

Totally agree rewards should stay with the traveller. I spent close to thirty years traveling frequently for work. I hate airplanes now. Traveling for work is tiring and time consuming. At my workplace, the executive some times donated miles for a trip as a gift to an employee. That's also a good use as a motivator or reward for good performance. LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1432217339.967

Hi everyone. Yesterday I bought an unlocked iPhone 6+ and got unlimited calls and texting in North America plus 1g of data for $45 a month. iPhone is 64g. Thanks very much for your advice! LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1431959149.38

Wow, thanks everyone for chiming in. I learn something more about this every time you post. Nutmeg, great articles on Insurance. Costco care allows coverage for four incidents instead of two. They do only offer locked in phones. Betteb, to am hoping there is a plan similar to straight talk. I'll let you know how it all works outs. Great Feedback! LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1431886141.767

Moonchilde, good to know. It's a long weekend here so I didn't want to hit the mall until next week when it is not so busy. Costco only sells locked phones I think. I didn't realize it but they also do a 'Costco care' instead of 'Apple Care' which is a more generous package than Apple's. If I get a phone, I will do the 'care' thing because I am sure it will be dropped a few times. Although I may wait for new products in the Fall, I'll let you you know what I did. LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1431885488.097

Moonchilde, you bought an unlocked phone did you? I think I could live with what you have. As with most things electronic, you learn as you go. The devices change so rapidly in technology. Also, I want to make sure I get with a company that has good coverage vis a vis towers. Thanks for the feedback. LM Continue Reading

Re: Does anybody here get hives?

In Viewpoints 1431885235.13

I had hives as an allergic reaction to penicillin and one other drug. I'm also had hives when concentrated detergent first came out and my housekeeper treated it like ordinary detergent. I can't remember the name of the drug I was given to counteract the allergic reaction but it was very strong. I was doing a thesis for my master's degree and all I wanted to do was sleep. Bad timing! LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1431883607.76

jGalt, thanks for your reply. What you propose is definitely something for me to consider. The ipad mini with 4G is definitely an option. When iPads first came out here, I bought one with 3G. I am in Canada and travel to the USA quite often. The problem I ran into then was that my carrier did not provide service in the USA. Once I crossed the border, I had no connection. There must be a way to do this several years later without as much hassle. I need to take an afternoon and hit the Apple Store and our internet/cable store as well. It's not a problem for me to wait until the Fall when new pr... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 286
1 2 3 4 ...286Next