Labor Day Weekend Clearance
112 Members and 10032 Guests Online

Lilysmom's Activity

Re: What Are You Reading --- August 2014

In Book Club 1409500912.56

Thanks to Lainey, our gatekeeper!!! So reliable. See you in September. LM Continue Reading

Re: A Pleasant Surprise - - Perplexed! Need Advice!

In Among Friends 1409500713.727

Homedecor, my advice is that you should deal with the entire situation and not just this one cruise or you will find yourself in a similar situation in the near future. Whatever response you give them on declining this invitation should be gracious, thanking them for thinking of you but letting them know they should not be planning future trips without your knowledge and consent (or not). They may be hurt for awhile but it sounds like a little distance might be a good thing. Do it right one time so you aren't faced with repeats of the same situation. Good luck to you! LM Continue Reading

In Book Club 1409413030.587

SUNNY, FORTY ACRES is now on the list I'm growing for the snow months. Hard to believe summer is closing ... Thanks for all the great recommendations to you and all my reading friends here. Would be lost without this forum! LM Continue Reading

In Book Club 1409355318.443

SMKYMTNGAL, thanks for the clarification. I'm ready to start Louise Penny if I can sneak a quiet hour or two. I want to enjoy this read and am hoping it's a good one. Haven't had a 'great' read for a few books. I have never tried to listen to a book before. I read a lot at night so I would probably fall asleep and miss half the story! . LM Continue Reading

In Book Club 1409339861.343

SMOKYMTNGAL, just ready to start Louise Penny's THE LONG WAY HOME. Now you got me worried! Just finished THE CONSEQUENCES which is the book that follows THE AFFAIR. Both of these books tell the story of an affair from the perspective of the husband, the mistress and the wife. I took my time with THE AFFAIR but confess I breezed through THE CONSEQUENCES. Both books are a fast interesting read. Just what I was looking for at the time. Happy reading! LM Continue Reading

Re: PBS - Masterpiece presents Breathless on Sunday, Aug. 24th

In TV Talk 1409339479.033

Thanks Hooty. Now I will read this a couple of times before I watch Episode 2! LM Continue Reading

Re: Prayers needed

In Among Friends 1409303755.967

On the prayer list! Continue Reading

Re: PBS - Masterpiece presents Breathless on Sunday, Aug. 24th

In TV Talk 1409303183.59

Hooty, I missed episode 1 of Breathless but have 2 set to record. Does anyone know if I can see 1 any other way? TIA? LM Continue Reading

Re: Longmire has been cancelled by A&E after 3 seasons!

In TV Talk 1409302860.497

Hooty, thanks for the heads up! I really liked this one and am surprised it didn't survive. LM Continue Reading

In Book Club 1409241437.937

I read the debut novel COVER OF SNOW (storyline above). I give it 3 out of five stars. I think this new author has a lot of potential. Just finished THE AFFAIR which SUNNY introduced above and found it a quick pace and a good change from the previous novel. I enjoyed THE AFFAIR but was a little surprised at the ending. Don't know if you are aware Sunny ... There is a sequel to THE AFFAIR called THE CONSEQUENCES. I have that one to read as well but may start Louise Penny's new book, THE LONG WAY HOME first. Happy weekend everyone! LM Continue Reading

Page 1 of 235
1 2 3 4 ...235Next