Dooney & Bourke
40 Members and 17548 Guests Online

Lilysmom's Activity

Re: Time for our Favorite Books of 2014

In Book Club 1418899753.33

Bump. Busy time of year to be doing this but I am hopeful more will reply! MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. LM Continue Reading

In Book Club 1418811108.74

In my list above, The ORRENDA, it should read THE ORENDA, only one 'R'. LM Continue Reading

In Book Club 1418772132.68

Hi fellow readers. I'm afraid I'm not very good at keeping lists like some of our posters but here are some books I enjoyed this year. I hope others post as I am in need of some reading inspiration for the long winter ahead! Thanks as always to LAINEY for keeping us on track each month. Thanks to all of you who have given me wonderful reading ideas for a number of years. Reading is such a love of mine, I come here all the time! Tell the Wolves I'm Home The Burning Room, Michael Connelly The Secret Place, Tana French Revival, Stephen King The Long Way Home, Louise Penny Once We Were Brothers, ... Continue Reading

Re: Downton Abbey Season 5, premiers 3 weeks from tonight, Jan. 4th!!!

In TV Talk 1418676464.49

Hooty, thanks for the reminder and thank God!!! Programming right now is just awful!!!! Can't wait to see this show again! LM Continue Reading

Re: Bose sport headphones

In Electronics Talk 1418586910.323

Yes, well sad to say Monster DNA must go back. Love the sound but can't keep this bud style in my ear, even with the biggest rubber bud option. Took a walk this morning and it was an exercise in aggravation. Am I the only one that has this problem? On to the sport model... LM Continue Reading

Re: Funerals...

In Among Friends 1418510423.577

Mustangshar, thank you for doing this. You are a good person. I have lost too many family members recently and I know it can be difficult. Your daughter will cherish you even more for what you have done. LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1418486217.02

Thanks radimage. Will check JBL out. This morning at Costco I bought Monster DNA to try out. I like the sound, will have to try the fit. Very good price on a special promotion at the cellphone kiosk. ($60) Ninety day return on these. I am in Canada so don't know if the same offer is available in US. Will advise how they work after trial. LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1418469652.92

Nutmeg, I didn't know Apple bought Beats! LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1418469571.233

Sidsmom, I go to CNET for reviews as well. I was looking at Beats too. Someone in a local electronics store told me Monster was the better but compared to Beats and that the quality of Beats had suffered after the purchase. No idea if that is true. As sound is such a personal preference and I know I like Bose, I think I will end up getting their sport model. I have a set already but it doesn't have the inline control which I want for outdoor activity. I read the reviews on the pair I sent back. They were very good reviews but I didn't think they were anything special. LM Continue Reading

In Electronics Talk 1418413842.657

An update for those looking for headphones. I sent these back. Had trouble keeping them in my ears walking so a no go for me. Also, I didn't like the sound as much as I like my Bose pair. Guess it is back to Bose and this time I will look for the sport model...LM Continue Reading

Page 1 of 253
1 2 3 4 ...253Next