Better Than Black Friday
91 Members and 16160 Guests Online

qualitygal's Activity

Re: DH: Helpful or Useless?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1417203735.787

Well, if you figure it out, or get a good answer to that one, please share it. There are just days, where there's no figuring it out!!! Some of it is what's going on with me inside too. He's trying, and does help out. It's pretty good. We too have a smaller area to work in in the kitchen so he is asked to stay out while I'm busy there with prepping for the large meal. Continue Reading

Re: Watching the parade on t.v., it's as close as I'll ever get to NY.

In Viewpoints 1417121178.257

On 11/27/2014 docsgirl said: I was born and raised in NYC and every year my dear dad would take me to the parade. I remember being so little that he had to hoist me onto his shoulders so I could see. My dear mom would never go because she hated crowds. Dad and I would eat at the Horn and Hardart Automat where I loved to put money in and get my food. We'd also go to Schrafts for ice cream sundaes. Both of those NY institutions are gone as are my parents and darling husband so the parade brings mixed feeling for me. Same with the lighting of the tree. When I got married, my husband and I carrie... Continue Reading

Watching the parade on t.v., it's as close as I'll ever get to NY.

Last Reply by FaLana 1417189851.747 | Started by qualitygal in Viewpoints

I like the parade and the little "shows" we get to see some of. We've got snow coming down, turkey's in the roaster. Have a great Thanksgiving all. And a safe one. Hope all the flyers get home safely and on time for the goodies and family. Continue Reading

Re: Dentist visit yesterday . . . very impressed.

In Health & Fitness 1417098974.293

Thanks for the post and Happy Thanksgiving. Continue Reading

Re: If you eat Thanksgiving out, where do you go. Restaurant-wise, not grandma's.

In Viewpoints 1417084900.817

On 11/26/2014 Topaz Gem said: I've gone to New England-style inns and restaurants for Thanksgiving in the past. I prefer being at home for the holidays, but I was invited out for a few years here and there and decided to give it a try. Generally restaurants with a warm, homey atmosphere, a fireplace, etc. are my favorites. We have many very old buildings built in the 1700s and 1800s in this region and many have been converted into restaurants, so the environment is just perfect for Thanksgiving. What a treat that would be!! I'd love that. I didn't realize hotels put these spreads on. Very in... Continue Reading

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

In Viewpoints 1417084799.343

To you too Preds! Continue Reading

Re: Mammogram call back

In Health & Fitness 1417083875.573

Mine wasn't for a mamo. It took 3 weeks before I heard a final outcome re: cervical cancer. Long story short, after suffering with some worry for 3 weeks, it was determined that someone had "overread" my tests. (I was called back in for a 2nd test so they could double check it). The first announcement was that I had stage 4 cervical cancer. Wrong. Thank goodness. Continue Reading

Re: How Many are NOT Doing a Big Thanksgiving Meal?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1417023133.183

On 11/26/2014 luvthatboxer said: I wish I could say me. I prefer going out instead of cooking a giant meal and cleaning up the mess. I think this will be my last year. You and me, my husband said it's ok with him. So, woo hoo. Continue Reading

Re: Will You Watch the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade?

In Viewpoints 1417014281.43

We have it on while I'm making Thanksgiving things. Continue Reading

Re: How to interview a Lawyer for possible work?

In Viewpoints 1417014078

They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us! Don't forget that. Ask whatever questions you like, hope the consolations (being firsts, are free). But if you have someone who will represent you and get personal and you'll be paying them, just talk to them and ask whatever you need to know. That is why you're seeking their help in the first place. We're all human. Picture them in a corn field, if you need to, with no clothes on. Takes them right down to first base! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 532
1 2 3 4 ...532Next