Dooney Days
116 Members and 17637 Guests Online

rosehill's Activity

Re: Anyone living in this blizzard?

In For the Home Talk 1416632784.437

I, too, feel bad for the folks in the Buffalo area. We (NE Ohio) about 60 miles south of Cleveland only had a few inches on Monday. Sunday it is supposed to be in the 50s. We still have leaves coming down, so the snow had better melt so we can get the yard cleaned up. Small problem, compared to those who are enduring so very much snowfall. Be safe everyone. Continue Reading

Re: Glittered decor, love it or hate it?

In For the Home Talk 1416632614.197

Oh, I love it. I just got done with the garlands on my banisters today and there was glitter all over the stairs and the entryway. My husband was so nice and got the sweeper out and cleaned it all up. What a good sport he is. Continue Reading

Re: Sleigh Fans

In For the Home Talk 1416632458.95

On 11/21/2014 PeterDM said: Rose, that sounds great with the clock in the background. The large vases and the tray table will definitely create a full, substantial look in that entire area. I've seen a couple of foxes around as well this season. They'll look so great with the owls and the branches. There is something very "Narnia" about that whole theme. It reminds me of the part of the book, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" when Lucy first goes through the wardrobe and enters the snowy world with the talking animals. The clock sort of symbolizes how the other world is of a different t... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1416627242.803

On 11/21/2014 PeterDM said: On 11/21/2014 rosehill said: On 11/21/2014 PeterDM said: I'm thinking small, white, glittered pine cones in it, and setting it on a bed of both white and silver cedar picks next to LR's white sequin and glittered trees on my white fireplace. Can you tell that I like white? Oh yes, I can tell you love white. Peter, you are spot on, as I think white is the on trend holiday color to decorate with this year. Wherever I have gone shopping, I have seen white showcased more than any other color. I am doing the same displays in many rooms of my house this year as last year... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1416623426.617

On 11/21/2014 PeterDM said: I'm thinking small, white, glittered pine cones in it, and setting it on a bed of both white and silver cedar picks next to LR's white sequin and glittered trees on my white fireplace. Can you tell that I like white? Oh yes, I can tell you love white. Peter, you are spot on, as I think white is the on trend holiday color to decorate with this year. Wherever I have gone shopping, I have seen white showcased more than any other color. I am doing the same displays in many rooms of my house this year as last year. It is just too expensive to change everything year to ... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1416621211.053

Peter~ Thank you, so VERY much! It looks lovely, I ordered 2, one for myself, and one for my daughter in law. I have ordered Waterford crystal one time before on this site-when it was still shopnbc. It was a beautiful bowl for my daughter in law for a wedding shower gift. She should love this sleigh- it will be a Christmas present for her this year. Thanks again- we love your presence here. You have such great taste and a great sense of style. I, for one, just love your posts. So informative and interesting. Bravo, Peter! Continue Reading

Re: "As Is" BethlehemLights 6.5' Woodland Pine Tree in CLEAR lights

In For the Home Talk 1416277814.74

Thank you, Kitty, for the advice. I really don't have the money right now- maybe next year some will turn up in as is after all the January returns. Thanks again. Continue Reading

Re: Which color is the best/most good looking in the Set of 3 Illuminated Glitter Sequin Trees with Timers H205207

In For the Home Talk 1416277682.71

Thanks to all of your for your ideas and opinions. I appreciate all of them. I think I will go with a set of the silver to compliment the white non lit ones. I will take your advice, whitelinen, and use the owls with lots of brown ones on them under the tree in my living room. That room has accents of gold and green, and the tree has a woodsy theme. Whitelinen, I purchased some faux snow called Buffalo Snow, but never have used any snow products like that, so I am not sure how it is going to turn out. Everything will have to go on the floor around the grandfather clock. It's either going to l... Continue Reading

Which color is the best/most good looking in the Set of 3 Illuminated Glitter Sequin Trees with Timers H205207

Last Reply by whitelinen 1416282849.243 | Started by rosehill in For the Home Talk

They are available in the as is section, every color except red. I am doing a snowy woodsy theme this year in my entryway. Most of the decor that I have collected in white or silver., but some of the feathered owls have quite a lot of brown on them. I have Lisa's sequined set of 3 trees in white that do not light. What would look good with these to create a beautiful look? More white trees, the chocolate or the silver? I am trying to visualize the whole look, but I am having trouble. I am sure these will disappear quite soon, being in the as is section with a reduced price. Thank you for your... Continue Reading

Re: OT--Saying "Goodbye" for awhile...

In For the Home Talk 1416146181.2

Country Gal, Best wishes on a successful knee surgery. My hubby and mom have both had it and they are so happy they did. You will have a new, working knee! Yipee! We will miss you, and look forward to your return. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 276
1 2 3 4 ...276Next