28 Members and 19847 Guests Online

rosehill's Activity

Re: will Sam's do refund on food item without receipt?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1430180166.697

Mary, take your salmon to Sams, and tell them exactly what you said here. Tell them that you made a mistake and picked up the wrong package, and that you would like to purchase the wild caught salmon. It's worth a try. Continue Reading

If anyone sees any good deals for Dyson handheld or Roombas, will you please post?

Last Reply by Campion 1430305507.153 | Started by rosehill in For the Home Talk

My daughter in law wants either one. A Dyson handheld, or a Roomba. Only thing is….. she wants to keep the Roomba price around $300. I told her that the deals I have been seeing for Roomba are more expensive than that. Seems like Roomba is pushing the much more expensive models, like $400- $600. Continue Reading

Re: Premier Protein Drink??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429832244.993

On 4/23/2015 CalmInTheHeart said: Premier's chocolate protein drink is the only protein drink I like. I've been drinking it for several years now. I haven't tried their protein bars but a friend said they are pretty good. Is the Premier protein drink mixed already or a powder? I am looking for a really good protein powder that is whey based, tastes good, that I can tweak with some fruits and vegetables in my vitamix. It would be wonderful to find it locally, and not have to order it. I am a member of sams club but never thought to look there… silly me. Edited to add: I just read throu... Continue Reading

Re: As Is - Lidia Bakeware

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429665880.247

Just checking in to report on my Lidia B dishes that came yesterday. I ordered two sets of the green pasta dishes for the table. They are all perfect. I also ordered two sets of the green set that has a large pasta serving bowl and 4 of the pasta dishes. One set was perfect, and the other set had only one of the smaller pasta dishes that wasn't broken. I knew when I picked up the box-I could hear jingling. (you always know even before you open a box, if you hear that sound). I haven't opened up the sets of the two bakers yet. Those always seem to be packed pretty well, so hopefully those are ... Continue Reading

Re: How do you cook Cornish Game Hens??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429577176.277

I cut them in half, and salt and pepper both sides. Mix orange juice with some honey and red pepper flakes to suit how spicy you like your food. Baste them in the oven with the juice mixture. From Stonegable Blog (I have made these and they are very good) STONEGABLE CHIPOTLE APRICOT CORNISH GAME HEN UNDER A BRICK 1 brick for each hen ( I used old pavers, scrubbed and dried) 4 Cornish Game Hens 3/4 cup olive oil 8 cloves garlic 4 TBS honey 4 TBS apricot jam 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp chili powder juice of 2 limes 4-6 chipotle chilies from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (if you do... Continue Reading

Re: YAY ! Wolfgang is back

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429488927.063

On 4/19/2015 gokat said: On 4/19/2015 rosehill said: Thank you, goat. (so sorry for misspelling your nic in my most recent question to you!) What a good review of the book you made. I am going to buy it for him. Thank you so very much. I love the people here on the food board. I'd never get upset over that misspelling, rose! In my book "goat" stands for greatest of all time! I know you (and your son) will be glad for that book! Of course, if he has any questions or needs more info, there are videos available at HSN or Youtube...or he can always come here and shout out to us! My spell check ... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429487427.127

Thank you, goat. (so sorry for misspelling your nic in my most recent question to you!) What a good review of the book you made. I am going to buy it for him. Thank you so very much. I love the people here on the food board. Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429486260.657

On 4/19/2015 Havarti said: On 4/19/2015 gokat said: On 4/19/2015 rosehill said Thank you! I ordered a mini rice cooker for my son who is a bachelor. I am going to look around for a coupon to use on the cookbook. He is not much of a cook, and I think he is going to really like this little rice cooker! Thank you everyone, on this thread and the OP thread for giving me this idea! Just gonna jump in and let you know the book's marked down $2 for the visit. It's selling like hotcakes; and if your son doesn't cook, it'll definitely multiply the use he gets from the RC. He'll love a bunch of the re... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1429481080.75

On 4/19/2015 Mothertrucker said: On 4/19/2015 rosehill said: Mothertrucker, are you talking about Marian Getz "Simply the Best: Rice Cooker Recipes" Cookbook? Thank you! <br /> Yes, it is absolutely the most valuable "accompaniment" to this cooker- or any rice cooker of any size... Thank you! I ordered a mini rice cooker for my son who is a bachelor. I am going to look around for a coupon to use on the cookbook. He is not much of a cook, and I think he is going to really like this little rice cooker! Thank you everyone, on this thread and the OP thread for giving me this idea! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 284
1 2 3 4 ...284Next