Resort & Cruise Shop
131 Members and 18605 Guests Online

rosehill's Activity

Re: Help! Anyone Have Penzey's Latest Catalog Handy?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422564078.493

On 1/29/2015 Nightowlz said: On 1/29/2015 rosehill said: I was thinking about placing an order before this offer expires tonight. Does Penzeys have any "must haves". Cinnamon & Mural of Flavors. I have only used their regular cinnamon. Thank you, nightowlz. I will try Mural of Flavors. How do you like to use it? Sorry about your broken Paprika and glass. Isn't that the worse thing to clean up? You can't walk around in socks or bare feet until you are absolutely sure you got it all! Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422563874.927

Hi Chickenbutt! Thank you for your answer. I didn't know that most cinnamons were not cinnamon. I will google it tonight and read up on it. The nearest Penzeys store is about 60 miles away (near Cleveland), and I don't go there too often. The last time I was there, though, I bought a 4 oz bag of ceylon cinnamon, Parisien Bonnes Herbes, Aleppo Pepper, Fox Point, French Tarragon, and Sunny Paris. So I have those. I need to experiment with the herb blends that I bought-the only one I have used is the Fox Point- I love that one on fish. When I cook, I tend to buy only one spice selections like c... Continue Reading

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422554019.18

I was thinking about placing an order before this offer expires tonight. Does Penzeys have any "must haves". Continue Reading

Re: Just Enjoyed Delicious Homemade Greek Pork Gyros Souvlaki withTzatziki Sauce

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1422544552.37

Adore, these look so good! I am going to try them on Superbowl Sunday. Tell me, does the meat get a little crispy like the recipe says it should? I am hoping the meat doesn't just steam in the pan. Browned, crispy meat on this sandwich along with the tzatziki sounds divine! Continue Reading

Re: Still packing up Christmas, need a little boost!

In For the Home Talk 1422367384.12

On 1/24/2015 PeterDM said: On 1/24/2015 PeterDM said: I just started this morning as I've been so busy with work. This is NOT how I wanted to spend my Saturday, but I'm so looking forward to having my normal look back. I've been embarrassed to have anyone over, because it's taken so long to find time to do this. Here we go! Well, that was interesting. I started at 11AM and finished at 9:30PM. I finished It all, and I have the swollen ankles and sore lower back to prove it. I think I must have climbed up and down the steps to my storage room at least 50 times. I hope someone ties me to a tree... Continue Reading

Re: Mushroom, Spinach and Goat Cheese Baked Eggs

In Recipe Swap 1421976868.95

Thank you, LoLa. Sounds really good. Continue Reading

Re: Is anyone watching The Great British Baking Show on PBS?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1421810702.49

I have really been enjoying the show. What a great idea. The venue that they have chosen is so beautiful. Love the tents they bake in. So English to be doing it outside. Continue Reading

Re: Question for tea drinkers

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1421373267.283

Irish Breakfast, hands down. steep one quality teabag in a teapot for 5 minutes, then take out. Cover your teapot with a towel to keep warm. Serve in a cup with one teaspoon of honey. Divine. Continue Reading

Re: 7 layer salad question

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1418962174.73

It's funny, because I was just thinking today about making a 7 layer salad for Christmas. The best thing about these is that you can make it ahead. I have always made it in a trifle bowl-it is a pretty presentation, and I have mixed everything before serving. It is correct, though, that leftovers are not good the next day. I would love to do this in a serving dish where you could just use tongs and get a serving of everything. I am confused though-it seems like a 9 x 13 dish would not hold everything. I do like the idea of not mixing the salad, and letting everyone use tongs to get what they ... Continue Reading

Re: Lifted up area rug and found...

In For the Home Talk 1418702689.633

The very thing you have described has happened in our living room. We have a non slip pad under a large oriental style wool rug. Underneath the pad, the floor is visibly lighter. The wood floor is made from rosewood. I'm not happy about it, but figured there was little I could do, now that it has happened. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 277
1 2 3 4 ...277Next