Fall Fashion Clearance
23 Members and 14759 Guests Online

Rock_chick's Activity

Re: SHOPAHOLICS - ODAT - Tuesday

In Fashion Talk 1408496465.71

Just found the perfect vacuum to get the dog hair out of my car - my own!! I sweat a ton but the inside is all clean. I'm such a perfectionist - that's why FlyLady is good for me. Her system reminds me that there is no need to do it all, or to do it perfectly - just doing a little will help. Much like Jean's helpful financial suggestions here! Jean you remind me that I need not be perfect to reach my financial goals. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1408492299.58

Gina, I think you have to do what is best for you. If it were a relative you knew well, then it might be a different story. Sometimes you just have to let Mom be disappointed. She loves you and will get over it. I really have had a hard time in the past feeling good about myself when others were not happy with me. I have an approval -seeking personality and it's something I still fight with. Jean the shiny kitchen sink and dress up to my shoes are a couple of the "rules" that I break! What helps me the most is the little missions. I came home hungry tonight so that was first. Now I h... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1408483773.153

Hello ladies! Arlene I hope you have a wonderful time and that all your critters get along just fine without you there. I know I miss my girlie, even when I know she is in good hands. So sorry to hear of your bad weather Linda - of all the days for it to rain!!! It's very overcast here but ever so hot out. I have come to believe that I'm just hot no matter what the temp is. Perhaps it is the season of my life. I had a really good and productive evening last night. Just house things - I did subscribe to Flylady again, despite the many emails she sends, she gets me thinking about little c... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 8/18)

In Fashion Talk 1408407014.753

I will have to see that one Gayle. We saw Noah this weekend and I loved the beginning but it got too dark for me. :( And Heaven is for Real - loved the book but the movie was a bit hokey for me. I sure wish we could all sit out on the deck (in one of the cooler climates) and chill out together! Twinny yay for a working toilet again! lol I came home sat on the floor and played with puppy for a while. Now I'm in cleaning mode. I need to make a cake for a coworker. She likes strawberries and what do I have? 2 lemon cake mixes, 2 pineapple cake mixes, 1 banana cake mix. lol Continue Reading

Re: O/T Just for Fun..Think back - What was your very FIRST job (paid by check)

In Fashion Talk 1408403623.253

14yo summer job we did "bean walking" and "corn walking". Started out riding on a little buggy behind a tractor and sprayed weed killer on the weeds growing in the fields. I remember going home and dreaming I was still riding on that buggy spraying weeds. Later same thing with corn but we had to actually walk up and down the rows. I smoked my first cigarette with that crowd. What a great thread. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone up for a 30 day fitness challenge?

In Health & Fitness 1408394745.483

I'm interested - just feel weird about starting in the middle of the month. There are a lot of those out there - ab challenges, squat challenges. I did a pushup challenge last December 1 pushup for each day of the month. So 1 on the 1st, 2 on the 2nd, etc. Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 8/18)

In Fashion Talk 1408379307.143

Happy happy happy birthday Rosa!!! How sweet of your coworkers - that makes me so happy that they are treating you so well. The Roadshow sounds like fun too. I'm glad you are having some fun with friends. Jean, enjoy your work today. I'm sure you can throw something together and quickly get out the door. Sonya those peaches sound good. I bought some this weekend and need to try them out tonight. Happy birthday DH!! And prayers for DH's BIL. Gayle, enjoy your day and the movie! It will be nice to get back to your regularly scheduled programming. Today is the first day of school and I ... Continue Reading

Re: Sittng here patiently waiting for my Fitbit to charge and guess what????

In Health & Fitness 1408362970.897

Fitbit is very good about replacing if their trouble shooting techniques don't work. Continue Reading

Re: I signed in for surgery on my back in 10 days

In Health & Fitness 1408362769.73

My husband had a laminectomy done July 17 and it went so well! We could have left the hospital that night but chose to spend one night. He had it done a Thursday morning and was back at work the next week on Friday. He has slowly weaned himself off the pain pills within the month, and now just takes an Aleve. His quality of life is SO MUCH BETTER! Now he can walk around with me without having his legs go numb. We are so happy he did it. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 814
1 2 3 4 ...814Next