134 Members and 19471 Guests Online

RockChick's Activity

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT FRIDAY!

In Fashion Talk 1432925642.823

Twinny I am also waiting on the mammogram results, and the anesthesia bill - not even sure who to contact! Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432925454.377

Marijane I feel the same way about dinner. It's ironic how we develop these little ways to communicate. DH asks the same thing and it means "what are you planning on fixing me". The other is "Let's go out to eat - where do you want to go" really means "pick somewhere that I love or I will stay home". Grrrr!!!! Linda I have to agree you are doing an awesome job and I definitely look up to you. I hope if faced with the same similar situation that I will handle it with grace like I have seen you exhibit. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432925166.88

I was curious about the pantry box as well, imaging shopaholic friends all over the world excitedly googling pantry box! I already looked up party box and quickly discovered that was not it. :) Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432914012.607

Charlene I will keep DD in my prayers as she takes her big test and the long drive home with Davis. I hope he travels well. :) Susan that sounds like a lovely trip! I guess you flew? I'm glad you had such a good time. Marijane I hope the weather is wonderful! I am hoping to "get out of dodge" before the rain comes again. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432910687.197

Claudia is my broken hand!! lol DD named her. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432910333.577

Just read the last several replies to yesterday's thread. Linda, they talk a lot about meditation in AA so that is where I started it. And I remember Oprah along the same time talking about it, how she sits in the tub and says "My heart is open, O Lord" or something like that. So I just developed a habit of part of my prayer routine sitting there and waiting on God, trying to quiet my mind. I used to sit, pray, journal out the "business" in my head, then just sit and listen. I guess it is just part of my everyday now as I pray and listen often. Not a structured routine anymore. Bernie I... Continue Reading

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT FRIDAY!

Last Reply by twinny70 1432947992.79 | Started by RockChick in Fashion Talk

Good morning friends! One day at a time, Claudia is doing more and more. I am so happy to be doing something (like using the computer mouse) and realize that Claudia can do that again! She just took a message for me! Squeeeeee! What is everyone up to? We did have a lot of rain last night, and this morning 3 friends texted me to see if I was ok. The RV park is right next to an airport where all the run off runs off, so no problems here. Good Morning America was preempted by local news so it sounds like the surrounding areas were not all so lucky. Meanwhile, back in Wimberley people are be... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 28)

In Fashion Talk 1432850095.107

Hello friends! I did get the ok to start using my hand as much as I can so I'm working on that today. Everything very awful stiff but I'm not going to accept less movement, right? So it has been fun trying to type and use it at work today. I am going out to eat with a friend tonight, her daughter moved up here last weekend and is a little bored. I haven't shopped in ages - wanted to go last weekend (my store was buy one get one free) but it just didn't fit in my schedule. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432840616.447

Bernie I worked in health insurance for 6 months and learned so very much!! Linda I've practiced meditation on and off for years. It makes me feel "centered". I call it "worry inreverse". Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432839908.127

I ladies, DD went to ER last night with terrible stomach pain (had been to medical with ear infection hanging on) and this morning called me crying with knee pain. Very unlike her. It took quite a while to get my mind on work. Jean, sorry to hear about an additional diagnoses. I got a bill yesterday for my CT scan - despite 20min registration they tried to bill an insurance that I've never had. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 867
1 2 3 4 ...867Next