A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
120 Members and 11584 Guests Online

prisrob's Activity

Re: The "New" View Premiered Today - Any Thoughts?

In Viewpoints 1410885646.137

Agreed there is no chemistry with these new hosts. Rosie O'Donnell acts sullen at times. These four don't seem to fit. Nicole Wallace is OK, but no fire, no personality. Continue Reading

Re: Heartfelt Story About Joan

In Viewpoints 1410223917.3

Here it is: Today at 1:00 PM My Summer in Joan Rivers’s Magical Joke Factory By Matt Bauman In the summer of 2008, between my sophomore and junior years of college, I was a production intern for a Broadway musical called Passing Strange. One of the perks of the job was free tickets to the show, so one Thursday in June, I gathered a group of friends to join me. After the curtain fell, we exited the theater and found Joan Rivers waiting for her ride. Believing that this would be the only time we’d ever get to meet the one and only, we asked for a photo. She happily obliged and then ... Continue Reading

Heartfelt Story About Joan

Last Reply by faeriemoon 1410263483.533 | Started by prisrob in Viewpoints

@NYMag: "My summer in Joan Rivers’s magical joke factory" http://t.co/S0FrLdAmGJ http://t.co/twpuagc5pB Continue Reading

Re: I stand corrected! Joan Rivers procedure

In Viewpoints 1410222642.983

The sedation for endoscopies and many outpatient procedures is called 'conscious sedation'. Scopolamine has not been used in decades. Continue Reading

Re: What does it mean when silver turns your skin green?

In Jewelry Talk 1410202516.16

When a ring turns your finger green it's either because of a chemical reaction between acids in your skin and the metal of the ring or a reaction between another substance on your hand, such as a lotion, and the metal of the ring. There are several metals that oxidize or react with your skin to produce a discoloration. You can get a noticeable green ring around your finger from wearing a ring made using copper. Some rings are pure copper, while others have a plating of another metal over copper or the copper may be part of the alloy (e.g., Sterling silver). The common green color is not harmf... Continue Reading

Re: QVC Mourns the passing of Joan Rivers

In Q News, Hosts & Personalities, Joan Rivers 1409924579.67

Joan was a force of nature who will not be forgotten. She left a piece of herself for an everlasting legacy. Continue Reading

Re: Joan Rivers has passed :(

In Joan Rivers 1409871531.02

Why did Cindy Adams say Joan was fine after visiting her in the private hospital room after Joan had her hair and makeup done and was "covered with a mink-like blanket?" That was much earlier today and I thought it sounded like she had passed away and a viewing was taking place. Cindy Adams did not say Joan was fine. Everything in her piece pointed to the fact Joan was dying, and her family was getting her ready the way she would want. The procedure Joan had is usually done as an outpatient. You just never know when it is your time. Continue Reading

Re: What do you remember the most about Joan Rivers?

In Jewelry Talk 1409858845.843

"She passed peacefully at 1:17 PM surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses and staff of Mount Sinai hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother." "Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support and prayers we have received from around the world.They have been heard and appreciated." "My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon." Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1409858536.417

On 9/4/2014 Remee said: You shouldn't be talking about her, her body isn't cold yet. Instead of running here to discuss her, why don't you pray and meditate on her and her family in the quietness of your own home? Hearing all of your stories is not what is needed at this time. We are all in shock. Give it time. This is exactly what is needed, to talk about her. Go and seclude yourself if you want, but it has been shown that talking about a death is a good thing in dealing with grief. Continue Reading

In Jewelry Talk 1409858450.443

I admired Joan Rivers. She was courageous in the face of adversity. She and Melissa had a tough time after Edgar's suicide, and they did not speak for awhile. However, her later years were very successful, and she never let up. She worked right up until her death. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 174
1 2 3 4 ...174Next