TSV(R) Preview
58 Members and 9518 Guests Online

occasional rain's Activity

Re: Can you figure this one out?

In Viewpoints 1414299660.827

A good place to start is finding where they are fracking in relationship to your home. Some communities have been remiss in zoning against it in residential areas/developments. You could wake up one morning to find fracking going on next door to you. The drilling isn't the only problem faced by people in the unfortunate areas, the heavy trucks are damaging highways and roads meant for local travel not heavy equipment. A huge amount of water is used in fracking and tanker trucks have to haul it away because it's contaminated with chemicals. Of course there is going to be illegal dumping becaus... Continue Reading

Re: Now health personnel returning from West Africa treated like criminals in NY/NJ

In Viewpoints 1414298838.9

On 10/25/2014 baddest_dog said: On 10/25/2014 Deb1010again said: On 10/25/2014 baddest_dog said: I think you are trying to start another R pol bashing thread, that's what I think. There already was/is a thread about NY/NJ in which the usual suspects chimed in to bash the governors. People want caution to be the norm, then when someone comes up with policies to do so, if they don't like the person, they bash the policy. With all due respect, I am not. I said I was for the travel ban, but this one case got me thinking. Also there are many dems for the travel ban. All responses on this thread h... Continue Reading

Re: The Amazing Race (Spoilers) 10/24

In TV Talk 1414298115.187

On 10/25/2014 Alter Ego said: I must be the only person who doesn't mind the dentists! I will admit I didn't watch last weeks episode, when they came in "last". But, they seem supportive of each other. The first episode, he helped people figure out the directions. They don't bug me (yet). The (only?) team I don't like is the mother/daughter. They apparently have a backstory that perhaps should have been best served in a counselor's office than on a reality show. They are too much drama for no reason - the U-Turn being an example of a bitter way of thinking. Specifically commenting on the U-... Continue Reading

Re: Love it. Hate it.

In Viewpoints 1414297433.003

On 10/24/2014 VCamp2748 said: On 10/24/2014 GrettaGarbled said: The nationwide commercial with the football player is another one I hate. When he sings to the sandwich and picks it up to eat it, it makes my stomach lurch. I think that our own Denver Broncos Peyton Manning #18. Love him, but don't like that commercial. I love that commercial; I love all the Peyton Manning commercials, subtle humor. Continue Reading

Re: Why I Took My Kids' Toys Away [And Why They Won't Get Them Back]

In Viewpoints 1414201078.84

I don't believe this self congratulating person. If she really is the control freak she professes to be, her children have my sympathy. Continue Reading

Re: This sign

In Viewpoints 1413999107.753

On 10/22/2014 Free2be said: On 10/22/2014 GrettaGarbled said: On 10/22/2014 MJ 12 said: I have witnessed many more adults acting out/acting obnoxious in public than I have children. True!!!!! Very often an adult is blocking part of an aisle standing there chatting,unaware, on their phone impeding what people are there to accomplish. Kids don't have a monopoly on bad store behavior by a long shot. The last time I heard screaming at a store was from an adult. We aren't discussing adult poor behavior, although there is plenty of that around, we're discussing a sign meant to inform parents the... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1413997620.143

On 10/22/2014 MJ 12 said: I have witnessed many more adults acting out/acting obnoxious in public than I have children. So what. Just because there are ignorant adults doesn't make a misbehaving child acceptable. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1413997305.49

On 10/22/2014 Sushismom said: So when a child misbehaves in public, which will happen, then that means the parent doesn't love the child? I'm all for teaching manners. That isn't the issue I have with this sign. Right there is the source of the problem, parents who expect that there child will misbehave in public. They transmit that it's sometimes expected which means somehow acceptable. What if it's transmitted to the child that misbehaving in public is never acceptable. The fact is that a misbehaving child is looked on as a brat and his parent as inept or lacks manners themselves. The chil... Continue Reading

Re: Social Security COLA for 2015

In Viewpoints 1413996901.677

Which only means that half of those collecting SS will get less than the $22 a month. They are the ones who need a raise the most and will get the least. Why not, instead of a percentage that favors those who earned more while they were working, a cross the board dollar amount raise. If you give it any thought you'll realize that those who earned smaller paychecks were less likely to be able to save and then when they retired they get less and then the raise is a percentage which doesn't help them at all. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1413996374.32

On 10/22/2014 JuJu Squeezie said: It's a back handed snarky sign. Not smart business. Would you prefer one that told parents that they will be asked to leave if their children misbehave or that they will be charged a disturbance fee if their children create one. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1182
1 2 3 4 ...1182Next