Resort & Cruise Shop
22 Members and 17646 Guests Online

occasional rain's Activity

Re: Ringling Bros or Shrine Circus for 4 boys-6 & younger++

In Mom to Mom Forum 1422509769.617

On 1/28/2015 DiAnne said: I guess this also includes zoos?? It depends on the zoo. Some provide habitats, some prevent the extinction of species by protecting and breeding programs. Not ideal but the animals aren't tortured or forced to preform. Only substandard zoos still keep animals in cages. Continue Reading

Re: CNN postponed the 70th anniversary special to talk about the snowstorm

In Viewpoints 1422509495.027

Did Fox and MSNBC also do a program on the 70th anniversary? Continue Reading

In Mom to Mom Forum 1422509069.34

On 1/27/2015 Dusty1 said: I think we will try the Shrine Circus this year. It's small & at a smaller venue, so it may be easier to watch. The Ringling Bros had so much going on it was hard to take it all in. It was a lot of color & music & dancing girls twirling around on the ceiling all evening long, so there was always something to watch. I did do research on possible abuse & cruelty of the animals, but it doesn't really seem to be substantiated or current information. In this day & age with cameras every where you can't get away with much. So, you are naive. How do you... Continue Reading

In Mom to Mom Forum 1422508777.913

On 1/26/2015 chickenbutt said: On 1/26/2015 Foxgirl said: Please choose whichever does not use animals for entertainment. Animals were not put on Earth to endure cruel training and torture for the amusement of humans. This is my sentiment exactly! Circuses, rodeos, and animal racing are all horrifically cruel to animals. There are circuses that don't use animals that are beautiful and amazing. I'd love to see kids being taught that it's NOT ok to abuse animals. :) My feeling on the subject too. I wouldn't want children to think it's acceptable to capture animals, remove them from their natu... Continue Reading

Re: DOWNTON ABBEY, POSSIBLE SPOILER

In TV Talk 1422506498.037

On 1/28/2015 CarolinaLady said: Has anyone else noticed a subtle hint that Mary and Tom Branson may be developing a stronger friendship? I've noticed several moments between them that I thought could be the beginning of a relationship. He even said to her "If you love me, you'll support me." and She smiled and agreed to his statement. I think they would make a good couple, especially considering that she owns half of the estate and he manages it. Then Sybbie and George would continue to grow up on the estate together. I agree with Occasional Rain that Margie shouldn't have spoken to Edith the... Continue Reading

Re: Now the Patriots are saying....

In Viewpoints 1422506291.853

In my area bakeries are selling deflated football cakes. Continue Reading

Re: Is An Omission The Same As a Lie?

In Viewpoints 1422506141.947

On 1/27/2015 cody2 said: When I was a very young girl, a loooonnnng time ago, I was taught that if I went to confession on Saturday and confessed all my sins that I remembered I would be forgiven. I can remember trying really, really hard to forget if I had told a lie or coveted my best friends new toy. Then I would go to confession and omit those sins. In my heart, and in His eyes I was still lying and I knew it. So did He. It is pretty simple to me. A lie is a lie is a lie no matter how one chooses to spin it. This isn't about a religious confession where it's expected that the person will... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1422422975.39

I came on to defend the decision made by CNN. I thought it unfair to get outraged over a delay in programing. That's all. Then another poster tried to claim that I was somehow anti semitic because I didn't agree that the day had to be on the actual day. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1422422562.28

On 1/27/2015 Caravaggio said: On 1/27/2015 occasional rain said: Most of us have had tragedies in our lives. Numbers don't make one tragedy more deserving than another and to expect that you deserve more recognition or gives you the right to make unkind comments toward others shows you to be insensitive and self absorbed. This isn't a pissing contest and it is not about me or you. It is about never forgetting but just from your reply I can see that is pointless with you. In the scheme of things your hurt feelings or mine are not going to be the issue if this is forgotten or allowed to happen... Continue Reading

Re: O/T: Do You Stand In Line oe On Line?

In Among Friends 1422422295.587

On 1/27/2015 mousiegirl said: On 1/27/2015 occasional rain said: I wait on line if it's a phone call. Stand in the line if at the check out. Now if the line is in the sand, one would stand on it rather than in it. Lol, and it goes on and on, doesn't it. This reminds me of the outrage some feel when a Q host says, on the day rather than just today. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1219
1 2 3 4 ...1219Next