Meant for Mom(SM)
152 Members and 11152 Guests Online

LindaLatte's Activity

Re: Reformed Shopaholics

In Fashion Talk 1398276522.29

Wow! Sounds like Whit had quite a first day for subbing. But, it also sounds like she has a good handle on how to deal with the mixed group of kids. Enjoy the dinner tonight Claudia (I assume you are going). Glad no snow. DD said it was cold and windy there. It is windy here, but definitely not cold. However, it should only reach the mid 80's today (and was much warmer yesterday). DH didn't complain about the shoes today, which is good. I noticed the other pair wasn't near the door (where he keeps some pairs of shoes), which also pleased me. Sorry about the tunic Barbara. I know what... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY)

In Fashion Talk 1398273180.38

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. I definitely have housework ADHD myself. Good luck with the window cleaning. I did that a couple of weeks ago, and then the dust and light rain came. So, I need to do it again -- not fun, and easy to put off. I stopped by a local hardware store, and a guy from there will come by and give us an estimate for solar screens on the sliding glass door in the back room, and maybe for the bedroom. We are headed into the hottest part of the year (June is our hottest month), and it would be nice to have it a little less steamy out there... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1398205665.663

Congratulations on your parallel parking Claudia. I have a terrible time doing so, and avoid it if at all possible. When I got my drivers license, you needed to pass the parallel parking test, and I failed it twice. They gave me a break the third time -- I wasn't quite close enough to the curb, but they let it go since I was with an instructor they liked. I believe my problems are due to "lazy eye" and a lack of depth perception. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. I can get out of the parking space (usually), but getting in scares me. Snow again -- yuck! DD said it was raining... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

In Fashion Talk 1398186519.83

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sounds like you had a lot of fun yesterday -- good for you. Hope work goes well today. Thanks so much for letting us know about Rosa Kathy. That was very kind of you. I continue to be shocked and saddened by Rosa's DH's death after the transplant we had been waiting and praying for. Like you, I can't imagine what she is going through. Hi Marijane -- interesting about your DD. My DH told me this morning that he doesn't like his new shoes, and didn't want to wear them on our walk. I insisted that he wear them, however -- I think they p... Continue Reading

Shopaholics ODAT--- Monday

Last Reply by KonaKat 1398122243.33 | Started by LindaLatte in Fashion Talk

Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies! Hope everyone who celebrates had a very nice Easter. I did, but I was upset to learn that our pastor was in the hospital. They think he may have had a small stroke. The interim pastor (who served before our pastor came last summer) was there, and he was excellent as usual. After church, DH and I made it to the gym. Dinner turned out well, which pleased me. DH and I took our walk this morning, and I plan to go to COSTCO soon. And, I may go by the eye doctor to have my glasses adjusted a bit. Very warm and sunny here -- hope many of you are having nice weat... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1398099675.843

Good Morning! Sorry I got mixed up about the knee problem/replacement Barbara. Also sorry you are having knee pain. Hope you enjoy the pool. DH and I walked this morning, and it was already pretty warm by 7:45 or so. It is supposed to be in the low 90's here today, which is apparently above normal. Not too bad, however for someone who likes the warm weather (me). When will you be returning to MN? The gym wasn't crowded yesterday, but it wasn't empty either. Dinner was good, which pleased me. Tonight we are going to a birthday dinner/celebration at a restaurant for one of my "newcom... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1398014842.31

TT was definitely being a bad dog -- glad you saved the chicken from him. Greek salad? He has odd taste for a dog, but I know they are all different. Glad R spotted the cell phone Claudia. Hope you got your knees to behave Barbara. I'm still thinking about the Zumba class. According to the instructors website, you can have a free introductory lesson. But, I need to get more details. Sorry you can't do Zumba due to your artificial hip, etc. DD really enjoyed Zumba, but hers was the regular type rather than Zumba gold. Curves is also advertising some new routines/classes, and I think... Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---EASTER

In Fashion Talk 1398013543.427

Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Easter to all who celebrate! Thanks for starting us LindaR, and I echo your comments to Rosa. DH and I took a walk this morning -- beautiful, sunny day here. I rushed home to get ready for church, and was up to the main street when I remembered that the service I attend wasn't for another hour plus...... Feeling dumb right now. I ended up eating one of DH's croissants rather than making Easter bread of any sort. But, I reserve the right to do so at a later date. I forgot to make Irish soda bread for St. Patrick's Day this year -- maybe that should be don... Continue Reading

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY)

In Fashion Talk 1397944958.587

Back from the grocery store -- no big crowds around the produce department, but I noticed the Easter candy aisle was packed. LOL DH wears the least expensive shoes possible, and I have been wanting to buy him a good pair of shoes. So, we went to a special shoe store (the owner specializes in hand-made custom orthotics) near the grocery store. It took a long time to fit DH, and he ended up with quite a big shoe. But, hopefully they will work for him and last for a while since they were quite expensive. This will be another of his birthday gifts from me. They do an analysis of your foot ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1397929462.983

Good Morning/Afternoon! Sorry to hear M is still sick Barbara. When will you be going back to MN? Hope it is warm by then. Lunch sounds nice. Don't blame you for getting the meat started early -- being at church by 7:00 is pretty early for sure. I tend to wake up when the sun comes up around here, and currently it is a little before 6:00 a.m. I was trying to sleep later this morning, but it just didn't work. I may look into a sun screen for the window, since it would be nice to sleep a bit later when the sun comes up earlier and earlier. Good idea to drive Adam down so you can have ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 412
1 2 3 4 ...412Next