29 Members and 17274 Guests Online

LindaLatte's Activity

Re: Reformed Shopaholics

In Fashion Talk 1430061467.077

Good Morning! Hope you made it through the dance competition okay Barbara. Is it continuing today? I sort of hope no, so you and Syd can have a bit of a break. I looked on-line for a way to get rid of the printer, and I think Best Buy may be the way to go. There has been a regular (twice a year) program for disposing of hazardous waste here, but due to lack of funding, it is sort of up in the air at this point. They needed to raise a bunch of money to hold it the last time, and I don't think another one is scheduled. However, the Best Buy site makes it sound pretty simple. I think I w... Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday

In Fashion Talk 1430061018.037

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Glad it is sunny there, and hopefully the snow is gone for the season. It is mostly sunny this morning, but we had some rain overnight, and it is a cool day with a possibility of rain. Later in the week, it should reach the 90's. Unlike some, I will not be unhappy with a bit more warmth/heat. Hope you find some good hooks for your baskets. I haven't tried hanging baskets around here, but I remember putting them up when I lived in Maryland. I really love the look, but sometimes the flowers didn't do well or were crowded out by birds. ... Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT--Saturday, April 25

In Fashion Talk 1430001678.817

So happy your dog is back, Arlene. Do take care of yourself. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429993221.33

Hope the cushion helps, Barbara. I think sitting for along periods would probably bother me, but it must be especially difficult for you. Thanks for your comment on the picture. I will try both ways to see what to do with the old printer -- googling and Best Buy. I did look on the printer website, but it didn't help. Sounds like you are making a little progress with barking boy, Claudia. Don't think I could handle a puppy, but I guess you have some good experience. Sorry it is chilly there, and you couldn't find anything interesting at that sale. Guess I better get to work now -- laundr... Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT--Saturday, April 25

In Fashion Talk 1429992649.377

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started LindaR, and glad the sun is out there. DH used to be 5'11", but I think he is probably 5'10" or so now. His DD is probably 5'8" or 5'9", which is much taller than me, but..... It was very nice to have her here, and we enjoyed our walks, talks, and meals. I found that old picture of DH in Ankara when I was cleaning up the "office", and when I was showing it to her, I realized that I had taken the other photo when we were on our last Turkey trip. I had hoped to put the photos side by side on FB, but I am not that computer savvy. Hi Jean -- hop... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429970212.377

Good Morning! I am rushing to post because there is someone trying to mess everything up by adding a post to the end of old ones. Hope this is solved soon, but.... DH's DD will be leaving this morning, but I hope we will have a nice breakfast and walk before then. Hope it is warmer where you live. Our weather is good -- it was a bit cooler than normal yesterday, but not bad. Glad you like your hair, Barbara. Hope you like your new TV, Claudia. I need to figure out how to get rid of my old printer. It is mostly not working, and I don't think they want broken things in the thrift shop. B... Continue Reading

Re: Shopaholics ODAT--TGIF

In Fashion Talk 1429912053.137

Good Afternoon/Evening! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. That is certainly a lot of rain. Hope your area doesn't have that type of flooding in the future, but it sounds like your area is a bit better situated. Congratulations to Kathleen's DD, and the whole family. Those are great pictures. I certainly don't need a new handbag, and the TSV doesn't appeal to me in any case. But, I have to report DD is totally thrilled with her TSV vacuum from the other day. She told me she has gone crazy vacuuming everything, and thinks it is the best vacuum she has ever owned. Glad that she like... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429893493.167

Good Morning/Afternoon! It is nice here today -- a little cool and windy, but not bad. We took a walk this morning (DH's DD came along), and I think we will be going to the park later. Her plane was delayed yesterday, but not for too long. However, dinner was later than normal since it took time to re-heat (I made a pasta dish). Sorry you need to deal with train delays, Barbara. There are a couple of neighborhoods nearby (very nice) that require going over train tracks. And, I remember sitting at one crossing for ages. That actually discouraged me from looking at houses in that area.... Continue Reading

SHOPAHOLICS: One Day at a Time (Thursday. 4/23)

Last Reply by pinky ann 1429823541.353 | Started by LindaLatte in Fashion Talk

Good Morning/Afternoon! It is nice and sunny here so far, and I'm hoping this lasts since DH's daughter is arriving for her short visit this afternoon (late.) The cactus that bloomed before is blooming yet again, and there are more blooms this time. This was the cactus that I almost threw out since it fell out of the ground winter before last. Good message to me -- don't give up until you are absolutely sure that there is no hope. Very interesting tips on fixing a computer, Arlene. I am thinking of saving your instructions just in case something happens to mine. I saw on FB that Jean is ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429802263.563

Glad you were able to find something at JJill, Barbara, and your back is better. Hope your knitting group is fun. Good luck to V convincing his brother to get some help. My Mom had colorectal cancer, which they only found when she was in the hospital after a major shut down (kidneys, etc.) Anyway, they told her that she could have surgery or she could just deal with the blockage, but it would be a painful death. She chose to have the surgery, and I'm not sure that was the correct choice (long story). Not an easy decision to say the least. Interesting that your voice sounds different tha... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 511
1 2 3 4 ...511Next