109 Members and 19588 Guests Online

gonnab's Activity

Re: Good multi-vitamin for women over 60

In Health & Fitness 1431434646.127

Try "Life Extension" - available online at their site. Their 2-a-day vitamins have 2000 units Vit D3 per pill making a day's dosage 4000 units plus a lot of other good stuff. Not expensive and well recommended by doctors (including Dr. Denise) They also make many other supplements. Continue Reading

Re: Color Me Beautiful Cosmetics?

In Beauty Banter 1431260187.903

Have never tried their cosmetic line but I do remember the introduction of this concept years ago. My local dept. store had a huge promo and I was color-casted. (I was primarily "Autumn" but could also wear "Winter" colors) It was a great idea and one that I followed for years. I was working at the time and it sure made it easy to form a wardrobe of coordinates! I am long-retired and don't have the need for "business attire" but I still seem to purchase clothing in those color palettes - and everything is mix-and-match! Continue Reading

Re: Have You Ever Grown Tomatoes In Pots?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1430833196.423

CalicoToo - you brought back some great memories about Caprilands! I live not far from there in CT. and what a great place that was to visit and browse. Her luncheons were so fun! She certainly was a colorful person and it's too bad that her place is no longer. Continue Reading

Re: Help With Wedding Outfit!

In Fashion Talk 1430832799.853

Another vote for the Sally Hansen. A word of caution - although it does not smear or wear off, it is a mess to wash off. It takes soap and water and a washcloth to remove. Your washcloth will be very discolored and should then be bleached. Just be aware. But it works very well to add color to your legs. Continue Reading

Re: Exfolikate has polyethylene--(plastic) beads?

In Beauty Banter 1430832036.62

Since learning about the dangers of those beads, I will no longer use them. Used to be a staple. But now I have one remaining bottle of cleanser that I'm working through it and will not buy anymore. Continue Reading

The Hummers are here!

Last Reply by baker 1430791467.76 | Started by gonnab in Among Friends

I'm so excited! I put out my feeder this morning and the Hummers are feeding already. ! The hammers have reached CT!,,Yeah! Continue Reading

Re: Have You Ever Grown Tomatoes In Pots?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1430742936.53

I grow tomatoes in pots every year. I live in senior housing with very limited space; however, I do have a small back entrance with four steps that gets about 6-8 hours of sun. Not quite enough sun but I still get a good crop of tomatoes. Have 4 large pots (one on each step) filled with Miracle Grow potting soil, planted with (one in each pot) Purple Chirokee, Striped Zebra hybrid tomatoes, and Yellow Pear, Million Dollar grape tomatoes (these really produce dozens of sweet little tomatoes!). I place a large tomato cage around each plant which is secured to the step railing since these pl... Continue Reading

Re: Josie Maran Super Size 19oz Body Butter Now Available

In Beauty Banter 1430487793.233

I wish she would have a body lotion, rather than a butter. I find body creams and/or butters to be messy to apply. And, to be honest, is this really worth the $50+ price????? Continue Reading

Re: Great Deal on Clarks Sandals

In Fashion Talk 1430487590.293

Thanks For this heads-up. I need some new sandals; love Clarks (although I prefer Birks); and never thought to look at Amazon. Should have realized that they have Clarks - they have just about everything!!!! Continue Reading

Re: Ruby-throated Hummingbird Spring 2015 migration map

In In the Garden 1430397700.35

Same here in CT! I usually see them mid-May but I want to be ready - I may see an "early bird". Although our weather is still very very cool! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 243
1 2 3 4 ...243Next