Dooney Days
135 Members and 16891 Guests Online

gonnab's Activity

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter

In Beauty Banter 1416668997.18

I've said before but I repeat - I am disappointed in her body butters and will not buy again. You don't get a full jar and there is no scent! Hugely over-hyped and over-priced! Continue Reading

Re: Any body use Chia Seeds??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416668425.143

I use chia seeds in my morning smoothie and I make a yummy vanilla pudding with them. But I presoak my seeds for my smoothie. Add about 1/3 cup of seeds to 2 cups water in a mason jar. Shake every 15-20 min until all the seeds are absorbed. Store in the refrigerator and add to your smoothie mixture as you like. For the pudding, In a large glass bowl - whisk together 1 C vanilla almond milk, 1 c greek yogurt, 2 TB maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp salt. When well mixed, Add the beans from 2 vanilla pods (optional but it adds flavor), 1 full dropper cocoa extract. Mix again wit... Continue Reading

Re: Been reading a book on giving up sugar.

In Health & Fitness 1416667422.833

I am a sugar addict and have been attempting to cut sugar from my diet. I have heart disease and I know all the consequences of sugar. I'm real good for a little while and then I fall back. Although my addiction is not to be compared to one of cigarettes, drugs or alcohol, I fully realize the difficulty in changing the habit. And now with the holidays and all the marvelous recipes coming my way, it is a constant battle!!!! Continue Reading

Re: Thinking ahead, What meat do you fix at Christmas??

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416666703.787

In my French Canadian family, we cook turkey for Thanksgiving, turkey for Christmas, ham for New Years, and pea soup made with the ham bone for Epiphany. Somehow, beef never makes it into the mix! Continue Reading

Question on some skincare lines

Started by gonnab in Beauty Banter 1416500480.473

I just browsing through the Skinstore sale and compiling my annual replenishing list and a couple of new names (to me) came up. Just wondering if any of you are familiar with them and your opinions. Farmhouse Fresh. Cute name, interesting bath/body products, some cute packaging. ? Molton Brown - I know this is not new but I have never tried any of their products. I like botanical spa-smelling things and their titles intrigued me. Your thoughts and comments? Jurlique - Not new but again, I have never tried. Any comments? I try to order small sizes (hand cream, travel size) of things I h... Continue Reading

Re: Any thought on the TSV Speakers?

In TSV Talk 1416492016.677

I just bought them to use w/my IPad Mini. Was debating whether to buy the single 12w or these. Hope I get decent sound. Continue Reading

Re: Injured friend annot stand or walk - Need tips during healing process

In Health & Fitness 1416402254.83

Hire a good attorney who is an expert at auto-related injuries!!!! Continue Reading

Re: BENEFIT T.S. ON HSN

In Beauty Banter 1416401730.077

If you talking about the blush set - it's sold out. Continue Reading

Re: Post your good Slow Cooker recipes

In Recipe Swap 1416401441.683

It seems most of the recipes are for chicken - here's another one - probably the easiest one of all. 4-5 boneless skinless chicken thighs jar of prepared salsa - any strength you like. Crockpot on low for 6 hours. Serve. Continue Reading

Re: NuFace progress

In Beauty Banter 1416320675.68

Nice to hear the comments. I've been wondering about this since I have that "turkey neck" thing going on as well as crepey cheeks. Using aloe vera makes sense too. Perhaps I will give myself a Christmas present and try this, especiallyl if I have extended return. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 220
1 2 3 4 ...220Next