TSV(R) Preview
138 Members and 10660 Guests Online

Sandgirl's Activity

Re: Can we talk HOT FLASHES? These are new to me :(

In Beauty Banter 1408622734.67

On 8/21/2014 dperry said: I have a question about peri menopause. I just finished my period it lasted one day and I only had to use one pad. I have had the same pattern for 6 months now so I believe that I am officially in peri menopause. Is this how it started with many of you ladies as well? I am 48 years old. So far mine started with hot flashes and not being able to sleep. My periods are also coming sooner, I used to be every 28-30 day and now I'm down to 24 days. I still have it for 4 days but it is much lighter than before, I could wear two pads the whole time if I wanted to (I don't o... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408585241.7

On 8/20/2014 bellarosa said: Sandgirl.....I know you eat healthy ..and avoid food that has it's own hormones in it......sorry you are going through this. Google Margie King....I think she has some articles on Green Med. I had horrible night sweats and took Andrew Lessman's Women's Wellness and it was fabulous.....nip it .....then I took evening primrose oil.. I do take maca and it helps me now but I am post menopausal. Honestly, I am in medicine but most mainstream physicians don't know a lot about supplements.....or wholistic treatments.......they just want to write a script. Thank you bell... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408564071.6

On 8/20/2014 Megacutie said: On 8/19/2014 Sandgirl said: and I'm about done with them already. Just started noticing them about a month ago, right now I get about 2-3 a day and I go into a full on sweat, SOAKED - it's awful, my last one was today in a meeting, I HAD to excuse myself, could not sit there with my shirt soaked any longer, bra wet, they are crazy. What has helped you with these? anything? Please tell me there is hope? This is what has worked for me: 1. NO PRESERVATIVES. I know it sounds crazy but I was flashing constantly and I thought I was eating healthy. I would eat lean cuis... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408555663.13

On 8/20/2014 Save the Whales said: Thank you everyone for such a great thread and all the informative posts! I pretty much only read the Beauty Forum, so thanks for posting here.........we as women we need to help each other when ever we can! Big "HUGS!" Have a beautiful day. :-) I agree - we are in this together, some more so than others but we are here for one another. ALWAYS!! Good or Bad, this is my 2nd Family :) Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408554312.573

On 8/20/2014 AspenGrove said: On 8/20/2014 Shelbelle said: On 8/20/2014 Sandgirl said: On 8/20/2014 Shelbelle said: I just read that MACA is intended for use by MEN only, better look into it carefully. I have been reading on it and actually it seems like everything on it is for women however men can take it too... I looked it up on the Puritans Pride website, that is where I buy most of my supplements, and it clearly states that it is for men only. I would have to read more about. Shelbelle, you are wise to do more research! My MD told me to avoid maca for a whole host of reasons. In sum, ... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408551703.12

On 8/20/2014 Tinkrbl44 said: On 8/19/2014 Sandgirl said: and I'm about done with them already. Just started noticing them about a month ago, right now I get about 2-3 a day and I go into a full on sweat, SOAKED - it's awful, my last one was today in a meeting, I HAD to excuse myself, could not sit there with my shirt soaked any longer, bra wet, they are crazy. What has helped you with these? anything? Please tell me there is hope? I'm not sure why you put this in Beauty instead of Health, since it's a health issue ...... but, to answer your question, GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR. This is the one tha... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408547638.503

On 8/20/2014 Shelbelle said: I just read that MACA is intended for use by MEN only, better look into it carefully. I have been reading on it and actually it seems like everything on it is for women however men can take it too... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408545164.153

A Gal at work told me to try MACA - There is a product called Femmenesence or something like that she said they have one for Peri - which is Maca Life then MacaPause for those in Menopause. I am going to look into it. Just wondering if others have heard of it or tried it? Maca provides the ingredients to support menopausal health. The herb works through the hypothalamus and pituitary to help ensure balanced and healthy hormone levels in the body. Many men and women notice the difference within a week! Maca helps promote sexual functioning, ensures vaginal lubrication and, in general, b... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408542892.947

On 8/20/2014 geezerette said: On 8/19/2014 nayteaches said: On 8/19/2014 Sandgirl said: On 8/19/2014 geezerette said: Also, avoid caffeine (that's a sure-fire trigger for me) and junk food. Wear layers so you can peel them off when you "get that feeling"--you'll shortly become aware of a flash about to come on. It tends not to be so bad if you can get yourself a little cooler before the flash gets into full-on mode. It's worse when the weather is hot and humid, although at times I've been known to stand outside for several minutes in a snowstorm clad only in my nightgown. Personally, I've not... Continue Reading

In Beauty Banter 1408542727.8

On 8/20/2014 HORSINGMOM said: Sorry that was so long, but, I have to add: I have a fan on my desk, pointed at my head, we sleep with the ceiling fan, and we have a fan on a stand, pointed towards the bed. We also have two full grown labs and two kitties who let us sleep in their bedroom, and a lab puppy who sleeps in the middle of the bed, so it's good to keep the air moving. Are you living in my house/life?? LOL I eat VERY healthy, VERY clean and Exercise with Cardio and Weights (heavy weights) 6 days a week. I have a fan on my work desk and a celing fan plus 1 more fan in our bedroom I ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 452
1 2 3 4 ...452Next