Best of Black Friday
48 Members and 16126 Guests Online

PpprMintPatty's Activity

Re: Welcome to the November Exercise Thread

In Health & Fitness 1417102942.803

Happy Thanksgiving! Walk, run, and weights(upper) - check! And we're going to do another 3 tonight when we get home...hopefully it won't be raining for this round. I about died at the gym yesterday...they have the heat regulated and let me tell you, it's a stinkin' sauna in there. I did legs(what I could, leg-raises actually hurt my rib muscle more than upper body, but squats were okay...have to play around)...then 1.5 on treadmill, 1 mile on XC ski-machine at level 25(since I couldn't do my regular weight routine) in 4-min and some change, and 1 mile on the air runner. Then groceries and Mar... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1417007117.127

Hi everyone! I tore an intercostal muscle during the Aerobathon. Spent the weekend pretty much flat on my back. Spasming so bad, I couldn't breath...some of the worst pain I've ever felt. I made it through bible study get-together on Friday morning but was at the doc's by 1. DH had to help me with bedsheets on Sunday and he vacuumed for me. Terrible weather here today. 75* on Monday and ice tonight...raining and blowing like crazy now. Said we might get snow, I sure hope so, much better than this! We got the kids a hotel room with us so we'll have Christmas Saturday night. I wrapped... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1416562655.977

Oh! I had something embarrassing happen...we were using the bands and had them around our back, then you wrap them around your wrists a few times to really make the tension tight...and were doing flys and chest press....well my band slipped, rolled up my back, caught my loose hair and rolled it up in the band like a curler...could not have done it if I tried. And it was stuck...took two ladies to untangle it and I still lost quite a bit of hair! Sorry so long, nomless, you know I can't explain anything in a few words...lol! I feel like I'm leaving a bunch out as it is. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1416562325.17

Hey all...been up since 3 so decided to get up, can tell I'm up for the day. And I have a busy day...last ladies bible study until after holidays so a special get-together for that, going shopping after class with my gf and running errands, then dinner tonight and cleaning the church with our Sunday School class. Well, nomless, the aerobathon was a blast! But it was much harder than the other two I've been to. My gf was a little nervous so I told her, "They really aren't that bad, they take a lot of water breaks and usually pace it out". Well, 40 minutes in and no breaks, she looked at me and... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1416494021.353

p.s. Thanks nomless, he's doing okay...still a few glitches here and there. Sure hoping they clear up in another month. They say it can take 4 months for the Humira to work. He has a spot on his liver they don't like so having an ultra-sound on that in January. Seriously, this is never-ending...I just have to accept that and make some type of peace with it. He gets his labs done today to check his liver enzymes. Glad you had the place to yourself...I wouldn't know what that's like! Maybe in PA, looks like the hotel has a nice gym so I hope it's pretty empty. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1416493806.57

Yes, hi cater! Hope you're doing okay and having a nice week. Yep nomless, that's what she does...never goes in it, just guards it and peels after the cats and head-butts them if they go near it. We discipline her too but she won't stop...and I mean we've really come down pretty hard on her. First dog we haven't been able to control...4.5lbs is too much for us...hahaha! She's so well-behaved in some areas, but she is such a bully to the cats and we can't seem to break her of it. Done with my chores, taking Lucy out for a mile, and then will meet my gf at the gym for the Aerobathon! Sh... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1416395666.893

Morning! DH got up at 3 and turned the heat on so by 5, I was hot! Teens for this area isn't something people here are used to in November. None of you guys live around Buffalo do you? The pictures are beautiful but when they're shutting the interstate down up there over snow...you know it's bad. Snow was taller than the cars and still coming down. Over 2-feet in such a short period of time(over 5 inches in 2 hours) with more on the way. I ordered our ugly Christmas sweaters yesterday for the Command party. Got that outfit out of the way...lol. Then went to TJMaxx and spent a boatl... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1416310003.663

Oh I know FUTURE, they're so abused! You should see her face when I take her in the morning and then stick her in the kennel to go to gym or back out by myself...she looks like her entire world is caving in. I hope you feel okay, it's going around here. We were in the 70's yesterday and 30's this morning....you know that is really when everyone gets sick. Yes, nomless, I enjoyed class...it was step with weights(not at same time). Then I did weights after in the weight room. I irritated that pulled muscle in my chest again....grrrrr! I'm so mad, I took a bunch of time off of upper too.... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1416224246.127

Happy Monday! Going to class at gym this morning, will take Lucy out for a mile or two first. We were gone most of the day yesterday, didn't get home until 9. Stayed after the business meeting at church and talked, it was 8:30 before we knew it. Lucy wasn't happy. bopper...I don't think partridge tastes like chicken...lol! It all has a gamey taste to me. My mom used to try and fool me with it and Quail and I could always tell right away. nomles...it's Monday morning again. Dh was tired when that alarm went off at 5, yesterday was a busy day so he feels like he missed the weekend! We ... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1416085516.613

My 81-yr old cousin just hired a personal trainer...I'm so proud of her! She's never gone to the gym in her life so I'm sure that's a huge step out of her comfort zone...especially for someone her age. She walks 3-miles at a time but hasn't done anything else. She was going to get new work-out clothes...too cute! FUTURE....that's how our gym was yesterday!!! I'm not kidding, they had the heat up so darn high it was like a sauna in there...had trouble getting a deep breath and it makes me feel ill. Thanks for prayers ladies! I have white-bean chicken chili in the crock-pot and baked roll... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1308
1 2 3 4 ...1308Next