TSV(R) Preview
34 Members and 14352 Guests Online

PpprMintPatty's Activity

Re: April Exercise Thread

In Health & Fitness 1397569016.123

Hi everyone and welcome to the new posters! Today is a wash-out and could freeze tonight and be an icy mess tomorrow. Yesterday morning was beautiful(well, it was 22mph winds and cloudy, but we could get out) so Lucy and I did 5 miles and then I did upper body weights and some yoga...and I'm sore...a good sore. Today was a mile and a kickboxing work-out with jumping rope and 5 minutes of yoga. Hey, I'm trying...lol! I know 5 minutes isn't much but it's better than nothing and a good start. Dh went and visited his new command and they have a brand new CrossFit Box(gym) with weight room ups... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1397130401.463

Morning everyone! Getting ready to hit the pavement. I thought about going to class again today instead of tomorrow since dh is going to try and come home(he's been out of town) tonight if he finishes up early enough, and is planning on taking tomorrow off...but it's so nice out and I really do like a break in between the torture. Finished our last all-out on the treadmill yesterday running at 15% incline. I might try starting off with the rowers and weights next time and see if it's easier that way. And my wrist where I broke it from the bike fall is giving me fits. Honestly, it hurts w... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1396798936.813

5-mile run with so many box-jumps in the middle I had to stop because I was afraid I would smash my shins on the brick. Anyway, I did it in 50 minutes but not sure how many minutes I did box jumps for...I don't know how to break that up yet. Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1396792895.083

Going to be a downer for a minute here. A year ago today we rode into DC to watch my dil's soccer game...I couldn't remember how many miles it was, knew it was over 30 but thought I might have posted the mileage in a post on last year's April Exercise Thread. Well, I read all of cosmetics posts and then some of mine were about recently losing Zoe...I have to say, it knocked the wind out of my sails. I hate to keep bringing it up, but it's funny how you can miss someone so much you never met. So, in my own way, I wanted to acknowledge and honor cosmetics today. That lady kept her chin up an... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1396715129.293

Hi everyone! Checking in with interval training...trail-running, hills, stairs, sprints, etc., with my little buddy. Actually did more miles than I expected to since I'm so sore from lifting heavy yesterday after class. It was nice seeing some of my old gym buddies. I think one of them is going to go to OTF with me to see what it's all about, she's in excellent shape and looks like it...super ripped! She'll push ya! Dh is back from golfing and wants to get some exercise in so it looks like I'll be going back out. Heading to the Fit Course. Not taking Lucy though, she's had enough today.... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1396615482.057

nomless, Lucy actually was with me yesterday during our 10-mile hike! I carried her a few times. She also climbed on the rocks, trying to get her ready for Newport as we have to climb some pretty big rocks to get to the beaches where the sea glass is...the good thing about it is, not many people can climb those rocks and get down there so we have a couple of prime sea-glassing areas. But, Lucy has been a pistol as of late. Last Friday she ate a hole in the carpet so that was an emergency trip to the vet where he had to make her throw everything up, then give her a shot to make her stop th... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1396554200.38

Sorry if it was me, since I do HIIT training at least 4+ days a week. But I have posted a few times what it stands for as well as post a few articles about it, and we all know OTF is HIIT since I posted a couple articles about that as well as explained some of the work-outs...so I guess I just assume everyone knows what it is by now since it's been mentioned so many times. 10 mile hike this morning then walked miles at the mall and my feet and hip flexors are aching! Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1396438958.913

Good morning everyone! Hi tony! DS seems to be doing well, we should get the results of his first blood test back today...yesterday he worked then took his dog to the vet so he didn't have time to call about himself. Thanks for asking! I posted in the March yesterday but I'm sure everyone saw it. I ended up doing 10 miles on foot(not at one time) and 14 on my bike. And that was easier than OTF. Some ladies have lost 4" to 7" since starting so you really do see results but you work for them. Unfortunately, that's the way it works...lol. Going back today, I'm still sore from the 1-legged... Continue Reading

Re: March Exercise Thread

In Health & Fitness 1396361318.727

I just hit a button and lost my post! Grrrr! Anyway, good to see you FUTURE! Where's Judy and Canine??! Waving to everyone else! Lucy and I ate 5 miles for breakfast today and I'm going out on my bike in a little bit, have to pump my tires. Taking advantage of the sun whilst it's here. Clouds are supposed to roll in later. I am pretty beat-up from yesterday's work-out...sure can feel it. I'm glad I decided to run instead...my body didn't need the beating again today. Even my biceps are sore and we didn't lift biceps, just from compound moves. I guess I'll eat my second breakfast now.... Continue Reading

Re: March Exercise Thread

In Health & Fitness 1396281091.87

Hi everyone!! Sun is shining...finally!! Such a messy weekend but it turned to snow yesterday so at least I got to get out with Lucy and get some fresh air. I guess I went out Sat too for my run in the rain which was exhilarating! I know I sound like a broken record, but, oh.my.gosh. The class ahead of us came out and said "Good Luck!". A few of us said that we could have left half-way through and still had a killer work-out. Super hard...ugh...but at least I felt okay afterwards, not like I did last Thursday, that was terrible. After doing backward lunges into one-legged squats, I go... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1275
1 2 3 4 ...1275Next