61 Members and 19676 Guests Online

PpprMintPatty's Activity

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

In Health & Fitness 1432031493.693

Hi ladies! Rain day today but Lucy and I got out there at a good time other than the humidity. Already in the 70's and 95% humidity. It was over 90* yesterday and I was out in it for hours...I slept good though! Yesterday was CF, biking, running, walking...I did a lot of miles on foot but 2 of those were a nice walk on the beach last night with dh and Lucy(beautiful sunset). I had an ordeal while running on the beach yesterday by myself(too hot for Lucy)...went where I shouldn't have. In my defense, they need to post things better, by the time you get down to where the red flag is flying... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1431797560.803

A little birdie told me someone was asking about me here. We're okay, just really busy. Yesterday was our last ladies bible study then a pot-luck afterwards, then a Hail & Farewell, DH also had a Change of Command and a luncheon...just seems to be a really busy time...we met in the parking lot for one event and had to laugh, seems like we don't know if we're coming or going and I messed this one up but won't get into that. DS had his leg cultured and he's now on Augmentin. Kind of in a holding pattern with it, waiting to see if this works. We're going up there next weekend...leave on... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1431007326.01

Morning. Done working out, at least for now...ran and did CF. I do love having this gym so close, thinking of switching but it will be a drive, won't be able to run to it, that's for sure. Handstands made the blood rush to my already aching head. I did 14 miles on foot yesterday not counting my bike(not all at one time, gf and I did some, Lucy and I ran, and last night we walked to meet dh). One would think I would have slept like a rock but was up worrying about my son...dh leaving on deployment...etc. DH worked 13 hours again yesterday and then did more work when he got home...his back... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430914023.34

Wow, this place is a ghost town! bopper, where ya at, you're the ringleader here. Sorry you were sad nomless. I know people that swear by those compression socks. I keep saying I'm going to try them but they look so hot to me. I have the knee-highs with sayings on the side but they make me sweat too. Yesterday was another hiking, biking, running, walking, and weights day. Oh, dh and I did stretching and some yoga last night....Lucy love it, thought it was play time...lol. Already been out this morning, waiting for this load then will head back out on my bike, going to stop at the gym an... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430676684.243

nomless, it took months for mine to go away and I was going to physical therapy. I still feel it rear its ugly head from time to time too. Baby birds aren't making a peep yet but they said it usually takes about 5 days. Yesterday I did 4 work-outs...lol! Lots of running and biking...high-mileage day. This morning I got in a few miles too and did some CF exercises which was a tougher work-out than yesterdays...but I did do a good leg work-out yesterday and can feel it. Just got back from lunch with our friends and when we pulled in, the neighbors asked us to go kayaking so that's what we'... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430580004.093

bopper....that's what Cow birds do...they lay eggs in other bird's nest so they don't have to do the work! They seemed to have survived yesterday's rain and wind-storm...the wreath was slamming against the door but momma sat tight. nomless...hope you can catch your breath today! How is your foot? DH is golfing so Lucy and I were on our own. I got up early and started crackin'...got my cleaning done and Lucy and I went for a good run, then I rode to the gym and worked-out with weights, then picked-up Lucy and we went for a pretty long bike ride. We'll go for another one here in a bit but... Continue Reading

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Check In

In Health & Fitness 1430505204.357

Yes, nomless, they are free-loaders! LOL! That's what they do, lay their eggs in another birds nest and leave them to be raised by the other momma bird. They are bad news. I've been gone all day, went to bible study then went over to my gf's house to look at her new paint job, then over to another gf's house to look at paint chips(for the kids) and visit. Was supposed to run some errands but had to get home to Lucy. So now do I run back out in this mess...we have over 40mph winds and there were reports of people seeing snowflakes mixed in with the rain! Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430477210.977

Happy Friday everyone! Have bible study this morning. It's pouring and blowing. Said we could have 45mph gusts here along the water today...hope it doesn't blow my wreath, knocking my babies out of their nest! nomless...she's a Finch but there are a couple of Cow bird eggs in there. Dh and I went out early yesterday morning and did 7 miles, it was fun watching the Special Ops guys do their PT on the beach. Finished mowing the grass before the heavier rain got here so I was glad about that....and took Lucy for a quick bike ride. My core is so-ore this morning! Going to do some speed-wor... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430220958.593

nomless....hope your ducks are back so you can enjoy some witty banter. Our power went out last night and after I got my bearings about me and found the flashlight, I checked on Momma Bird. She was still on her post. We talk through the window every morning. canine...so sorry. Two huge losses. I was looking at pictures of my Zoe-girl yesterday, the pain never goes away. Tony and bopper....he said it seemed better yesterday, not as purple. I'll take what I can get. Thanks to everyone for prayers and well-wishes. DH played softball last night and didn't get home until 11:30. We went t... Continue Reading

In Health & Fitness 1430047653.81

Oh nomless, I'm so sorry! May she RIP. I know it's so darn hard for those of us left behind. cater...once again, thank-you so much. Means the world to me. As of last night, it's the same. So, I guess it's just a wait and see for the antibiotics to work. I was hoping he'd see an improvement but I'm very impatient anyway. I also don't like stuff like this hanging over my head because it's all I can think about. He got irritated with me yesterday, I guess I just have to trust he knows how to proceed. Raining but had Lucy out during a lull. Power was out this morning...we knew it was go... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1324
1 2 3 4 ...1324Next