Weekend Preview
179 Members and 11137 Guests Online

Moonlady's Activity

Re: Say Yes to the Dress- Ginger Zee

In Viewpoints 1414164222.01

On 10/24/2014 makeup addict said: I wonder if the ratings are slipping since they've had a lot of famous people on the show. I like looking at the gowns. I couldn't agree more. This show, like others that think we just can't live without "celebrity episodes" will continue to tank. Continue Reading

Re: Kids from poorer neighborhoods keep coming to trick-or-treat in mine. Do I have to give them candy

In Viewpoints 1414164130.127

On 10/24/2014 SmittenKitten said: So those of you who are rolling your eyes can honestly say they open their doors after 10 PM and serve candy to 6'4"tall kids/men with masks on? Uh huh, sure you do. That wasn't the question. And if you can't tell the difference between a 6'4 masked man and a kid who's trick-or-treating....I just don't know what to say. Continue Reading

Re: More than 100 Sears and Kmart stores to close

In Viewpoints 1414161759.563

The writing's been on the wall for years. About 2 months ago, there was a kerfuffle about either store even continuing to stock wares, so I knew this was coming. I love the small appliance departments, too. I think it's always sad when a store goes out of business. Continue Reading

Re: Ebola patients and HIPAA

In Viewpoints 1414160346.92

On 10/24/2014 FUTURE said: Maybe this has been discussed on this board, but as a health car worker myself, I'm wondering how the media is reporting SO much information on these patients and their health care status. The dr that was diagnosed yesterday in NY, they reported his temperature, and I'm wondering if that information came from his girlfriend or a friend he told, or if it's coming from the hospital/health care worker. If the latter, that's a HIPAA violation. Other bits of info on their medical status throughout their treatment is being reported. I think about Thomas Duncan, who might ... Continue Reading

Re: Kids from poorer neighborhoods keep coming to trick-or-treat in mine. Do I have to give them candy

In Viewpoints 1414160248.397

We give out candy to all the kids who come. All I'm thinking of are the parents wanting to show their kids a good time and have a nice memory. What's wrong with that? Continue Reading

Re: TV "Fright Hosts." Do You Remember One From Your Childhood?

In Viewpoints 1413901947.077

On 10/20/2014 JustJazzmom said: Anyone remember these classic B movies? 'The Attack of the 50 Foot Woman', 'The Crawling Eye', 'Them!', 'The Brain From Planet Arous' and 'Horror Hotel' AKA 'The City of the Dead'? I sure do. Those were the movies they'd air. Who could forget Wasp Woman The Amazing Colossal Man (a sort of prequel to the 50-foot Woman) ...and Behemoth Radiation was a big theme back in the day Continue Reading

Re: How many have changed out their wedding set for a new one?

In Viewpoints 1413823368.843

I always loved my ring set and wouldn't think of replacing it with anything else. It's beautiful and it holds sentimental value. Continue Reading

Re: Public drinking fountains, yay or nay

In Viewpoints 1413822211.743

LOL I don't care for water so, nay. I do remember using them when I was in grammar school, though. Continue Reading

TV "Fright Hosts." Do You Remember One From Your Childhood?

Last Reply by JuJu Squeezie 1414156042.06 | Started by Moonlady in Viewpoints

Ours was "Chiller," a character created by one of our local newsmen and "Weather Outside" host, Jerry Carr. On Friday nights (when the local station would air scary flicks, mostly B-movies lol), Chiller would rise out of his coffin (he was "invisible except for his hat, I think) to introduce the film, and appear during commercial breaks. He's long gone (Jerry Carr now works behind the scenes in public TV, in Florida), and there haven't been any fright hosts since him. I'm assuming they're a thing of the past, anyway, with so many cable stations offering horror films. How about you? Do you ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1219
1 2 3 4 ...1219Next