A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
28 Members and 9918 Guests Online

scuba318's Activity

Re: Looking for the best tweezers to remove fine hairs above lips

In Beauty Banter 1407469790.47

Shaving does not make the hair come in thicker but tweezing DOES make the hair come back thicker. Tweezing facial hair is not recommended. I had several electrolysis treatments done years ago with great results. I now go for a touch-up treatment once every year or two. The hair above my lip never returned but occasionally a couple of hairs may appear on my chin. Annoying - but just one of the joys of getting older. Fortunately - I stay on top of the situation with a 15 minute touch up treatment. I wish all aging issues could be corrected so inexpensively & easily. Continue Reading

Re: Sometimes I Just Don't Know Why I Bother!

In Beauty Banter 1405818157.677

I recently tried Dr Perricone "no foundation" SERUM and blush. Love both. The whole "no foundation" description is a bit misleading - it IS a foundation - but a unique formulation and very natural. I am amazed how much I like it. And the blush serum is fabulous. Continue Reading

Re: Need tips for Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

In Beauty Banter 1399130787.06

I use a thin pointed brush I purchased at Sephora (sorry I don't have the name) - but I have a tip that might be helpful. I start by putting a small dot of the liner on the back of my hand and swirl the brush in it to make a nice smooth paste. Then, I work from the back of my hand for the smoothest application. A makeup artist showed me this technique and it works great. Important to clean the brush after use so it doesn't get stiff & difficult to use. You'll get the hang of it. Good luck. Continue Reading

Re: O/T: Ever reinvent yourself and start a new life?

In Beauty Banter 1398522988.783

Yes, at age 51. I quit my job (a career I had for many years), sold my house and moved from the east coast to Arizona (where I knew virtually no one). I didn't do it on a whim - I thought about it for many years. There were scary moments along the way but it was the right decision for me - definitely. I needed to launch my life in a new direction and knew that wouldn't happen unless I did something radical. The best decision I ever made. My life is completely different now. Happily married - my husband & I have moved a couple of times enjoying many new experiences along the way. Wishing y... Continue Reading

Re: O/T: Ever reinvent yourself and start a new life?

In Beauty Banter 1398522988.333

Yes, at age 51. I quit my job (a career I had for many years), sold my house and moved from the east coast to Arizona (where I knew virtually no one). I didn't do it on a whim - I thought about it for many years. There were scary moments along the way but it was the right decision for me - definitely. I needed to launch my life in a new direction and knew that wouldn't happen unless I did something radical. The best decision I ever made. My life is completely different now. Happily married - my husband & I have moved a couple of times enjoying many new experiences along the way. Wishing y... Continue Reading

Re: Have you/do you ever use a tube of lipstick until it's completely gone?

In Beauty Banter 1393088917.95

Laura Mercier Baked Earth. At least 3 full tubes - when I can no longer roll it up more I use a lipstick brush to get what is left at the very bottom. I'm surprised how much is in the very bottom - good for another few weeks. Continue Reading

Re: Color Wow Root Touch Up

In Beauty Banter 1391016133.093

Bought it several months ago. Not thrilled with the results. It seems to cover my scalp more than the hair. It just doesn't seem to stick to the hair all that well. The color is fine - but lacks holding power. I wouldn't repurchase. Continue Reading

Re: Couples with Separate Bank Accounts: Yay or Nay?

In Beauty Banter 1390612606.337

We have separate accounts (although both accounts are technically joint accounts). We got married at 51 yrs. old -- each of us having our own accounts (and styles of record keeping) for many many years. It is all "our" money and fortunately we have similar values about expenses, budgeting and money management. Most importantly we respect one another. Happy to say we have never had any conflicts about money. Continue Reading

Re: Life Style Lift Yay or Nay

In Beauty Banter 1390599173.703

Of course I meant to type "scam" Continue Reading

Page 1 of 31
1 2 3 4 ...31Next