Better Than Black Friday
77 Members and 16711 Guests Online

scuba318's Activity

Re: Just have to ask about your peanut butter habits.

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416510249.35

I have fairly good self control when it comes to food choices (minimizing carbs, sugar, etc) -- but I can't control my love of peanut butter. I no longer keep it in the house because I slowly empty a container in a couple of days (one little harmless spoonful at a time). Now I reserve peanut butter for days I'm traveling (better than airport food) or as a take along treat when hiking. I know peanut butter isn't bad for you in moderation -- but, I can't seem to eat it in moderation so I just don't have it around. Continue Reading

Re: What do you fix for Thanksgiving when there are only two of you?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1416449128.023

I just ordered the side dishes from a gourmet deli - stuffing, gravy, garlic mash, etc. I pick them up the day before and they provide great instructions for reheating (we did this last year too). All I do is make a small turkey -- and set a beautiful table. We'll light a fire in fireplace and lounge around all day listening to music & reading books. There was a time that I found it somewhat sad to have such a low key holiday -- but I accept it now and am grateful for the peace & calm of our small celebration. Continue Reading

Re: Have You Had Good Results With Smileactives Pens?

In Beauty Banter 1415806258.927

My teeth are fairly white and I use the pens to maintain the color. I only use once a week right before going to bed - sometimes twice a week if I need a little boost - and I am pleased with the results. Couldn't be easier. So, I think it works well for maintenance. Continue Reading

Re: Have You Had Good Results With Smileactives Pens?

In Beauty Banter 1415806258.32

My teeth are fairly white and I use the pens to maintain the color. I only use once a week right before going to bed - sometimes twice a week if I need a little boost - and I am pleased with the results. Couldn't be easier. So, I think it works well for maintenance. Continue Reading

Re: Bitter coating/residue on grapes

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414272155.797

While I don't buy everything organic -- there are certain things I will ONLY buy organic. Grapes are definitely one of those. For me organic grapes, apples, berries, lettuce, peppers, celery . . . and a few others. I don't worry as much about items that I peel like bananas - although I often buy them organic too if the price difference isn't great. Continue Reading

Re: Letting go of items that you love

In Fashion Talk 1411845362.22

I understand how you feel. I have sentimental attachments to some clothing items as well as home furnishings, books, art, trinkets, etc. I have moved several times in the past 15 years and anticipate moving again (and downsizing further) in a couple of years. Therefore, I have been letting go of things. I think it is much easier to do it a little bit at a time. Every month I donate things. Using this method I've lighten our load and haven't been too traumatized. Continue Reading

Re: Looking for the best tweezers to remove fine hairs above lips

In Beauty Banter 1407469790.47

Shaving does not make the hair come in thicker but tweezing DOES make the hair come back thicker. Tweezing facial hair is not recommended. I had several electrolysis treatments done years ago with great results. I now go for a touch-up treatment once every year or two. The hair above my lip never returned but occasionally a couple of hairs may appear on my chin. Annoying - but just one of the joys of getting older. Fortunately - I stay on top of the situation with a 15 minute touch up treatment. I wish all aging issues could be corrected so inexpensively & easily. Continue Reading

Re: Sometimes I Just Don't Know Why I Bother!

In Beauty Banter 1405818157.677

I recently tried Dr Perricone "no foundation" SERUM and blush. Love both. The whole "no foundation" description is a bit misleading - it IS a foundation - but a unique formulation and very natural. I am amazed how much I like it. And the blush serum is fabulous. Continue Reading

Re: Need tips for Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

In Beauty Banter 1399130787.06

I use a thin pointed brush I purchased at Sephora (sorry I don't have the name) - but I have a tip that might be helpful. I start by putting a small dot of the liner on the back of my hand and swirl the brush in it to make a nice smooth paste. Then, I work from the back of my hand for the smoothest application. A makeup artist showed me this technique and it works great. Important to clean the brush after use so it doesn't get stiff & difficult to use. You'll get the hang of it. Good luck. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 32
1 2 3 4 ...32Next