Living for Me
89 Members and 19105 Guests Online

Grade1Teach's Activity

Re: BBW fragrances...yay? or nay?

In Beauty Banter 1421146403.7

I find many of their perfumes to be very strong -- However, I do like some of their fragrance mists for summertime. I have always enjoyed Cucumber Melon (so refreshing!) and Twisted Peppermint. Other than that, I don't do well with their fragrances because they give me a headache. I like their room mists too... Continue Reading

Re: Cosmetics you weren't impressed with ...?

In Beauty Banter 1420715370.297

There have been a few high-end brands that I've purchased, only to be let down. If possible, I return them. If I know I don't like something, there's no point in keeping it around. On the other hand, if I'm on the fence about something and the time period for returns is over, I will keep it and try to make it work. If I really end up not using it, I will usually give it away to my mom or sister. Other than that, it goes in the garbage. Continue Reading

Re: O/T, maybe. I'm enjoying -6 degree temps right now, what about you?

In For the Home Talk 1420715174.513

I'm not enjoy the 7 degree weather we have on Long Island right now, but it sure beats the heavy snow. I'll take bitter, subzero temps over blizzard-like conditions any day! Continue Reading

Re: Cracker Barrel Fashion

In Fashion Talk 1420715076.763

Since Long Island doesn't have a Cracker Barrel anywhere near it, we usually go once a year to a location upstate. We enjoy the food, the store, and the seasonal items they put out. We usually go in September or October when we do our apple picking. I have never purchased clothing for myself, but I have bought some adorable clothes for my girls. They have such fun holiday dresses/pajamas. I bought my baby an adorable gingerbread girl dress to wear on Christmas Eve. So cute!!! If you go at the right time, you can find sweet little costumes for Halloween too. Continue Reading

Re: Lock & Lock TSV?

In TSV Talk 1420628257.71

I think it's a great deal, but yes, the shipping is out of control. I'm still considering the purchase though. I have a set of rectangular Lock & Locks -- I love them! They really come in handy. I like the fact that this TSV is a different shape and has some great colors. The ones I have are clear with clear lids (not purchased from QVC). Continue Reading

Re: Yankee Candles

In Candles 1420541223.543

On 1/5/2015 VaBelle35 said: I will check out the Kringle Candles. I am on the Yankee Candle Tester Forum. They send surveys out every couple of months with sample scent ideas, label ideas, seasonal accessories pictures to rate and give feedback on. The first survey they sent me a large jar candle in a new scent for a new line they were testing. They also sent me a nice candle snuffer. I get gift cards ($25) for participating in the survey, which is nice. I got about $100 last year. Wow!! You are so lucky to be part of something like that!! How do you get to join? Continue Reading

Re: Favorite Perfume or Fragrances

In Beauty Banter 1420540908.547

On 1/5/2015 UMDTerpFan said: On 1/5/2015 Grade1Teach said: My signature scent has been Burberry Classic for many years now. I then started moving towards Pink Sugar (a very light spray of it!). Now, I'm on a coconut kick -- I seem to be into either just vanilla, just coconut or a combo of the two. I'm thinking about trying Comptoir Sud Pacifique... (sorry if it's spelled wrong). I'm trying to find a new signature scent, I guess! Since you like coconut, you should check out Escada's Born in Paradise. Here's the description from Sephora's website: Born In Paradise is inspired by exotic locales... Continue Reading

Re: o/t What Are Your Favorite Scented Candles?

In Beauty Banter 1420457401.917

Aside from purchasing Yankee Candles, I also purchased a few Kringle Candles this weekend. This is a company owned by the son of the original Yankee Candle founder. I've tried a few of their melts and one candle and have been very pleased. Have you tried using a warmer/ wax melter? You may have better luck with that than actual candles. The scent is strong and you can try a variety of different scents for a much cheaper price than buying a whole candle. Continue Reading

Re: Favorite Perfume or Fragrances

In Beauty Banter 1420457159.34

My signature scent has been Burberry Classic for many years now. I then started moving towards Pink Sugar (a very light spray of it!). Now, I'm on a coconut kick -- I seem to be into either just vanilla, just coconut or a combo of the two. I'm thinking about trying Comptoir Sud Pacifique... (sorry if it's spelled wrong). I'm trying to find a new signature scent, I guess! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 845
1 2 3 4 ...845Next