Meant for Mom(SM)
154 Members and 10448 Guests Online

Grade1Teach's Activity

Re: Favorite eyeshadow primer for oily lids?

In Beauty Banter 1397644874.377

Mally's Shadow Base is the BEST I've ever used. My lids tend to be somewhat oily and this products keeps my shadows on (no matter which brand), all day long. I've been using it for quite a few years now and wouldn't be without it. Continue Reading

Re: Bare SKin serum foundation review

In bareMinerals 1397435780.39

Tried it for the second time yesterday. Again, it's a perfect match for me, but I started to break out this morning. I have super-sensitive skin, so this is a no-go for me. I'm packing it up and returning it this week... Continue Reading

Re: Do you ever feel like tossing all your older make-up and

In Beauty Banter 1397302480.247

Yup -- and I often do! It's a "freeing" experience when I can get rid of things that I don't really use or like. For the most part, I am happy with my decision to toss items. I usually put them into a "holding place" for a few weeks before they hit the trash or are given away. If I don't go into the closet to use them and I don't find myself needing them, then I know it's time to move on. That being said, I don't start over with all new products. I will sometimes buy new things, but for the most part I concentrate on the items that I do have and reach for most often. Continue Reading

Re: What foundation to you buy again and again?

In Beauty Banter 1397302241.137

My holy grail foundation was discontinued about 5 years ago from Prescriptives. I used it and repurchased it many times without a second thought. I was very upset when it was discontinued! Ever since then I have been on a search to find a foundation that I like as much as my Photochrome Foundation. No such luck. However, I have made 2 purchases of Mally's Visible Skin Foundation. I really do like it, but nothing will compare to my Prescriptives. Mally's is a pressed powder foundation. If you like powders, you many really like this one. It has great coverage and doesn't settle into line... Continue Reading

Re: Bare Minerals Bare Skin foundation arrived today

In Beauty Banter 1397215106.48

I received mine Wednesday night and tried it for the first time yesterday. Please know that I was unable to use the original powder due to it causing blotches and itchiness on my face. I am very fair and went for the Bare Linen. It is a perfect color-match for me. However, I don't think I will be keeping it. It is truly a serum --- It's lightweight, silky, and somewhat oily on my skin. I found that after a little while it separated and became streaky on my face. It is very "dewy" too. Today I am wearing my Mally Visible Skin Powder Foundation. I just feel more confident with it on. ... Continue Reading

Re: What Do You Say To Yourself When You Feel Weak Or Afraid?

In Viewpoints 1396262065.92

Someone once wrote this down on a piece of paper for me about 20 years ago. I still have the paper and carry these words with me: "Feel the fear and do it anyway." Continue Reading

Re: What are your favorite Laura Mercier products?

In Beauty Banter 1396178983.66

I love her Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. You can get it in regular or oil-free as well. No matter which one you choose, you can't go wrong! I especially love them for summertime when I want lighter coverage. The Illuminating one gives me a great glow!! Continue Reading

Re: Bed, Bath and Beyond

In For the Home Talk 1396178727.913

I mostly get them through the mail, but I will sometimes find them in magazines that I subscribe to as well. Continue Reading

Re: Do you prefer a dewy face or a matte face???

In Beauty Banter 1395490135.603

I like a dewy look, however it has to be in the right places on the face. I use products that give me that look on my cheekbones and nose area. Anywhere else looks oily on me. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 818
1 2 3 4 ...818Next