The Joy of Christmas
111 Members and 9533 Guests Online

Grade1Teach's Activity

Re: YC Scenterpiece Easy meltcup?

In For the Home Talk 1410948148.58

On 9/16/2014 traveler said: thanks for the suggestions. I went to youtube and saw the reviews. Didn't realize there were 3 different sizes. No YC stores in Alaska so will try Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I saw them being offered in Kohl's too. I'm not sure if you have that store, but it's worth a look. Continue Reading

Re: H-200931 kringle Express Holiday Character

In For the Home Talk 1410948016.943

Are you talking about the bubble lamp? I bought it for my daughter's bedroom last year (snowman) and ordered another one for my baby's room (reindeer) this year. They fit well in their rooms and are very cute, but I wouldn't call them elegant! Continue Reading

Re: What is the last piece of clothing/fashion you bought?

In Fashion Talk 1410947540.757

I actually took the plunge and ordered something from Women with Control. I ordered their boot cut pants and some clearance priced skirts. Everything fits nicely, but I do need to hem the pants a bit. I also ordered several pairs of leggings from Kohl's. Continue Reading

Re: Wha do you think the most comfortable shoe brand is for you?

In All About Shoes 1410947408.767

Aerosoles or Easy Spirit. I'm on my feet all day. There is a huge difference in how I feel when I wear one of those brands compared to others. I have been buying Aerosoles (mostly) since I started teaching about 13 years ago. They have really evolved through the years. Now I can find casual shoes, flats, heels, and boots. They are pricey, but worth it. Continue Reading

Re: Lorac Mega Pro Palette

In Beauty Banter 1410862091.143

I'm very excited by this new palette!! LORAC seriously has some of the highest quality shadows around. They are smooth and creamy, with great pigmentation. I had no idea about this new palette. I can't wait to check it out!! Continue Reading

Re: Do you wear leggens? With what? High Low tops?

In Fashion Talk 1410861987.977

I wear leggings with longer tops. I always pair them with tall boots or ballet flats. It's a very cute look! Continue Reading

Re: Teachers - Is reading aloud to students considered instructional?

In Beauty Banter 1410171558.67

Of course it's instructional! Like others on this thread, I hold a Master's Degree in Literacy as well. Read Alouds (as we call them in school): Provide children with a model of expression and fluency. Can be used to help children make text to text and text to self connections. Allow children to predict outcomes. Give children the opportunity to retell a story, sequence events, and so much more. Reading aloud to children is also wonderful in helping them to build comprehension skills. I'm sorry the principal you spoke to feels that way. What a disservice to the students! Continue Reading

Re: Did you ever consider .....

In Beauty Banter 1409484402.457

I have often thought that many of the products we use (or are duped into using) are the cause of a lot of the problems some of us have with our skin. There are so many products and claims out there -- It's easy to go crazy trying everything out. However, I have lived by the "less is more" notion for about 10 years now. I only use the basics and what I know works for me. As I get older, I am sure I will need to add in a few things here and there, but I'm going to try my best to not overdo it. Continue Reading

Re: My Jenny Journey after two years!!

In Health & Fitness 1409484231.107

That's wonderful! It sounds like you have accomplished everything you set out to do and more! You should be proud of yourself! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 836
1 2 3 4 ...836Next