111 Members and 19340 Guests Online

Topaz Gem's Activity

Re: Anyone watching Bruce Jenner?

In Viewpoints 1430001161.447

Bruce looks happy in the interview, but when he's out and about, he looks dreadful. Sullen, depressed and really creepy. I hope he's doing the right thing and that this transition is the key to his happiness. Continue Reading

Re: Anyone watching Bruce Jenner?

In Viewpoints 1429961234.357

Transgenderism is really in the forefront these days; that's all you hear about. The media is trying to make it trendy by reporting on every child that is a tomboy or may want to dress differently. It's dangerous for very young children to be in a position where they are switching genders, way before they've entered the age of reason. I do hope Bruce is happy and finds peace, although I'm not convinced that going through this will be anything but an experiment. Continue Reading

Re: Not looking good for Dr. Gates :(

In Viewpoints 1429908535.633

On 4/24/2015 sfnative said: On 4/24/2015 Montana said: PBS has been flying that flag of superiority for a long time, Now we find out they are down in the muck with everyone else. Mr. Gates said he omitted the Affleck slave ancestor because it wasn't good television. I can't wait to read his explanation for the fake Freedom Rider story. I quite agree. My DD and SIL have PBS and NPR on such a high pedestal they refuse to listen to or watch other opinions. No one or no one entity is without fault. No one. We all need to keep that in mind as we take our walk through life, otherwise we're in for... Continue Reading

Re: ant problem and feeding ferals

In Pet Lovers 1429908351.41

On 4/22/2015 grandkidsrgreat said: Bless your heart for helping these cats. I would try putting a heavy bowl in the middle of a larger pan. Put the kibble in the bowl in the middle and just a couple inches of water in the larger pan. Think the ants would drown if the tried to get to the food. Not sure if it would work but it's worth a try. Good luck! That's a great idea! Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1429906813.213

On 4/24/2015 Montana said: PBS has been flying that flag of superiority for a long time, Now we find out they are down in the muck with everyone else. Mr. Gates said he omitted the Affleck slave ancestor because it wasn't good television. I can't wait to read his explanation for the fake Freedom Rider story. I have a hard time believing that, although I don't doubt that Gates used that as an excuse. Isn't Gates African-American? If so, then he should have had a major moral objection to a white celebrity requesting that his slave-owning ancestral history be removed from the program. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1429904616.207

PBS has always come across as a cut above the other stations when it comes to integrity. I wouldn't be surprised at learning this about another station, but certainly not PBS. Continue Reading

Re: Chelsea, not a political thread

In Viewpoints 1429904255.607

OK, John, you've been here long enough to know the rules, LOL. Once you introduce a new pet to your fellow posters, you must post a photo! Congratulations on your new little girl, Lily. She'll have you wrapped around her paw in no time. P.S. Please let us know if Cindy is going to continue to search for a doggie for her mother. I've heard that pets help a person to live longer and healthier, so hopefully there's a new doggie in Cindy's mother's future as well. Continue Reading

Re: Nook Free Fridays

In eBook Club 1429894982.8

Today’s Free Fridays book selection is GUARDIANS: The Girl, the first in a young adult fantasy series by Lola St. Vil. Continue Reading

Re: Yankee Candles

In Candles 1429894775.133

Oops, forgot to post the code for the Yankee offer. It's SHIP4. Sorry, guys! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 1099
1 2 3 4 ...1099Next