Back-in-Stock Fashions
18 Members and 12477 Guests Online

Topaz Gem's Activity

Re: 18 Weird & (sometimes embarrassing) Habits All Cat Owners Are Guilty of Having ;-)

In Viewpoints 1414790090.937

OMG, most of them are me! And as others have said, they're all purrfectly normal! Continue Reading

Re: Boston MA Such a Sad Day

In Viewpoints 1414712943.933

He was an old-fashioned working man's democrat; one of the best. I'll never forget how he checked himself out of the hospital with a broken leg, so that he could comfort his city after the Boston bombing. Rest in peace, Mayor Menino. Continue Reading

Re: Jack Bruce of Cream

In Viewpoints 1414444934.627

Although I don't know the details of Jack Bruce's disease, I remember reading that the main reason Cream broke up was due to infighting and heavy drug use. Many of the young people back then, especially in the entertainment industry, were into heavy drug use and seeing the way they have aged over the years, it was very evident. I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol abuse occurred as well. I know that Clapton considers himself a drug addict and an alcoholic (recovered thankfully), and I bet that the destructive behavior began in the early years of their careers. We lost one of the best when J... Continue Reading

Jack Bruce of Cream

Last Reply by Margo Channing 1414451803.073 | Started by Topaz Gem in Viewpoints

Jack Bruce, who wrote such hit songs as White Room and Sunshine of Your Love, has passed away at the age of 71 from liver disease. While he wasn't as well known as Clapton, Bruce was a gifted musician in his own right, and as performed with all the greats over the years. He had such a powerful rock and roll voice and White Room was a great example of his vocal talent. May he rest in peace. Continue Reading

Re: Cardinals fans --- Oscar Taveras died!

In Viewpoints 1414374955.313

How horrible. As a baseball fan (Red Sox), the thread title caught my attention, but intially I thought it must have been an older, retired player that passed away, so I opened the thread to learn more about him. It was so very sad to read that he was only 22, and his girlfriend must have been around the same age. May they rest in peace. Continue Reading

Re: Carol Costello on CNN

In Viewpoints 1414203174.087

Darn, I just can't quote with this tablet. In my previous post, I was responding to GG's comment about wishing they would just fade away. I believe that they would fade away very quickly if the press would simply stop overreporting everything they did. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1414202885.747

On 10/24/2014 GrettaGarbled said: So much for "Christian family values". I wish this trashy bunch would fade away. Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1414199825.13

That was very unprofessional, shame on her. She supposedly apologized (was probably forced to), but she issued a statement and didn't have enough class to apologize on air. Meanwhile our VP's son was kicked out of the military for cocaine use and it was barely mentioned, and definitely without giggles and glee. Continue Reading

Re: Mail order spices

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1414198223.74

I've been ordering from Penzey's for years and their spices are excellent. I was thrilled when a Penzey's retail store opened in the Boston area which isn't too far from me, so I visit there frequently. IMO, there's no comparison between their spices and what you find at the grocery store. I second another poster's recommendation to try a gift box. You'll get a nice assortment with a few spices to try. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 974
1 2 3 4 ...974Next