Spring Fashion Days
181 Members and 19979 Guests Online

Topaz Gem's Activity


Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425585754.49

On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 Topaz Gem said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 Topaz Gem said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 mstyrion 1 said: On 3/5/2015 dooBdoo said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: Bottom line: I've said all along that when any religion asks for special privileges, it will inevitably have to be given to other religions, also. The only what to not have that happen is to honor the creed of separation of church and state. I agree with you, Noel. It seems to me those who had special privileges in the school system in the past were silent about this until... Continue Reading

 

Re: High School student trips abroad-who should pay?

In Viewpoints 1425585545.493

Back when I went, it was a lot cheaper. It was only in the 100s. My parents paid for it. Continue Reading

 

Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425585417.067

On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 Topaz Gem said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 mstyrion 1 said: On 3/5/2015 dooBdoo said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: Bottom line: I've said all along that when any religion asks for special privileges, it will inevitably have to be given to other religions, also. The only what to not have that happen is to honor the creed of separation of church and state. I agree with you, Noel. It seems to me those who had special privileges in the school system in the past were silent about this until other faiths began to be given attention, too. In the p... Continue Reading

 

Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425585250.577

On 3/5/2015 Clover29 said: On 3/5/2015 Topaz Gem said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: How can any rational person believe there is a war on Christmas? I do the same things my mother instituted when I was a child. I worship the same way, I attend the same church. I say the same prayers. My church still stands, no one has come to my door and told me I may no longer have the symbol of a cross in my home, and when I wear one while shopping or dining out, no one tells me to take it off. IMO it's just crazy to say there is a war on Christmas. Noel, that's not what people are objecting to. No one is c... Continue Reading

 

Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425585016.023

On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 mstyrion 1 said: On 3/5/2015 dooBdoo said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: Bottom line: I've said all along that when any religion asks for special privileges, it will inevitably have to be given to other religions, also. The only what to not have that happen is to honor the creed of separation of church and state. I agree with you, Noel. It seems to me those who had special privileges in the school system in the past were silent about this until other faiths began to be given attention, too. In the public school system, like it or not, it needs to be abou... Continue Reading

 

Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425584859.483

On 3/5/2015 terrier3 said: On 3/5/2015 mstyrion 1 said: I agree with both of you. I am also heartily sick of the "war on christmas" complaint. It simply doesn't exist and in my opinion, it's beginning to sound petulant. I can't think of a single instance where a christian or anyone else was prevented from enjoying the holiday. If there was really a war on Christmas - then why were so many posters ticked off last September that all the stores and businesses pulled out their Christmas decorations so early??? Have any of you even taken the time to listen to what people are trying to say when t... Continue Reading

 

Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425584568.673

On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: How can any rational person believe there is a war on Christmas? I do the same things my mother instituted when I was a child. I worship the same way, I attend the same church. I say the same prayers. My church still stands, no one has come to my door and told me I may no longer have the symbol of a cross in my home, and when I wear one while shopping or dining out, no one tells me to take it off. IMO it's just crazy to say there is a war on Christmas. Noel, that's not what people are objecting to. No one is claiming that they are no longer able to worship. List... Continue Reading

 

Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425584055.357

On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 Topaz Gem said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 Topaz Gem said: On 3/5/2015 terrier3 said: On 3/5/2015 inallsincerity said: I think it should be based on demographics. Having these days off added to the school calendar seems reasonable to me. However, at the same time, if they add them, then Easter vacation and Christmas vacation should be called such. Did you see the calendar? They are. But it's Easter/Passover and Christmas (in parentheses). Not in my region. Everything 'Christmas' or 'Easter' is being changed so as not to offend. Let's no... Continue Reading

 

Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425583954.3

On 3/5/2015 dooBdoo said: On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 Topaz Gem said: On 3/5/2015 terrier3 said: On 3/5/2015 inallsincerity said: I think it should be based on demographics. Having these days off added to the school calendar seems reasonable to me. However, at the same time, if they add them, then Easter vacation and Christmas vacation should be called such. Did you see the calendar? They are. But it's Easter/Passover and Christmas (in parentheses). Not in my region. Everything 'Christmas' or 'Easter' is being changed so as not to offend. Let's not be coy. We all know it's Eas... Continue Reading

 

Re: NYC Mayor Adds Two Holidays to School Calendar

In Viewpoints 1425583773.483

On 3/5/2015 NoelSeven said: On 3/5/2015 Topaz Gem said: On 3/5/2015 terrier3 said: On 3/5/2015 inallsincerity said: I think it should be based on demographics. Having these days off added to the school calendar seems reasonable to me. However, at the same time, if they add them, then Easter vacation and Christmas vacation should be called such. Did you see the calendar? They are. But it's Easter/Passover and Christmas (in parentheses). Not in my region. Everything 'Christmas' or 'Easter' is being changed so as not to offend. Let's not be coy. We all know it's Easter and Christmas. No kid... Continue Reading

 
Page 1 of 1057
1 2 3 4 ...1057Next