California Gold Rush(R) Sale
21 Members and 16564 Guests Online

Susan Louise's Activity

Re: Easter is so early this year - will that influence your decorating?

In For the Home Talk 1421972333.767

LOL...nope. Already decorated for Spring/Summer! I understand everyone moves to the beat of their own drummer when it comes to when they change out their decorations from season to season and/or holiday to holiday. This subject is brought up quite often in fact. I decorate early for Spring/Summer because I have so many irons in the fire...so to speak from now through til about the beginning of June...arranging our station in the basement for winter sowing seeds, then potting & re-potting as time progresses into Spring, hardening off plants, preparing gardens, feeding birds (we feed the Ro... Continue Reading

Re: VPH

In For the Home Talk 1421961782.21

On 1/22/2015 PeterDM said: On 1/22/2015 DREAMON said: On 1/22/2015 PeterDM said: I almost purchased the Hobnail goblets, but she said that the lights inside only got 40 hours of glow time. Since they're on a 5 hour timer, so that means you'd have to change the batteries every 8 days! Really? Yes ...Maybe Val misspoke. If each goblet takes 3 AAA batteries and they only last 40 hours....OMG !!! Later on she mentioned that another product had 40 DAYS of glow time, so maybe she misspoke about the Hobnails. I keep wanting to say Hob Nob, btw. LOL! I suggest for someone to post on VPH's FB page fo... Continue Reading

Re: Ruby-throated Hummingbird Spring 2015 migration map

In In the Garden 1421956802.517

Still Raining, Really?...Yikes, Ouch? Funny how when one spends time to help others that they become offended in the process. Most folks I know like to feel empowered by finding things out on their own giving them just some guidance/direction (links/info). I have given many helpful links and I am glad there are some folks that do appreciate it. Additionally, I guess I could be as easily offended by you since I didn't even get a 'thank you' for trying to help you. As I mentioned previously, without knowing the general whereabouts you're located it is difficult to say one way or the other if an... Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1421952495.767

On 1/22/2015 Still Raining said: Not going to commit to exactly what we have here in Oregon but for the last few weeks I am not getting many takers. We had two very cold snaps (for us) within the last two months and I wonder if hummers can do a little mid winter mini migration? Anyone know? Hi Still Raining, I guess I am confused by your inquiry. You don't want to commit to what you have at your place, and yet you want to know if any do a mini migration... I added very helpful links to my post (#9) in this thread...2 of which if you scroll through the initial page will have what species of ... Continue Reading

In In the Garden 1421944112.637

On 1/22/2015 wagirl said: Ok Susan--I meant rufus not rubys---a little harsh about the homework comment ! wagirl, And it a shame you are taking it too seriously. As far as I am concerned, that is what I did myself. I stated in the same post of all the hours I spent researching and doing 'my homework'... I call it 'homework' when I'm learning things through reading or otherwise, no matter what it is. I consider it a joy to do homework/learn. I was still going to college taking classes til a few years ago and I'm 55! What is harsh about homework? Continue Reading

Re: Dooney and Duck Dynasty Wives?

In Dooney & Bourke 1421882737.943

On 1/21/2015 twocent said: On 1/21/2015 Susan Louise said: Been away from D&B forum for awhile...and shopping for the bags too. I just checked out the line of the Camo ducks and they are AWESOME! I especially like the one with the drawstring I just don't 'get' the 'R' logo tag...can someone 'splain'? I love the ducks. I don't have all the same beliefs as this family, but I don't go over a check list of religious beliefs -prior to shopping. As far as them being stupid- they came from nothing and have made millions. Not quite "stupid," in my opinion. Phil hasn't been perfect and admit... Continue Reading

Re: thinking of painting - asking opinions

In For the Home Talk 1421879173.433

Our entire home is painted with 'flat' eggshell colored paint and it has been this color since we moved in 15 yrs ago. From what I understand, since the house was built back about 1994-1995, the color/paint has remained the same. I wash all the walls once a year and have had no need to paint...still looks fresh as if it has been newly painted. I like all the walls one color because it allows me to change everything else as I please at any time Continue Reading

Re: Spring/current decor pics...

In For the Home Talk 1421877790.697

On 1/21/2015 mominohio said: So nice to see 'regular' decor back up, isn't it? Much of mine has been down since last August, when the fall things came out. I still have a little bit of winter out. Some greens and pinecones, and a couple of snowmen strategically placed, but I'm back to about 90 percent regular now. It's like getting 'new' stuff, it's been so long. ITA! It's like a breath of fresh air! Please post pics when you finish changing your decor Continue Reading

Re: Spruce up Your Space with four Budget-friendly Ideas

In For the Home Talk, Hosts & Personalities 1421877705.457

Hello Valerie, TY for sharing your tips! BTW, I thought I'd attach a link below to pics I recently posted of my decorating...you will see SOOO many of your pieces throughout our kitchen and livingroom THREAD Continue Reading

Re: It’s January, so let’s get Pampered!

In Fashion Talk, Quacker Factory 1421877391.447

What a great idea! TYSVM for sharing...I LOVE lemon scrubs and use them often. How fun to make it right at home. BTW, Congrats on your engagement...wishing you both a lifetime of happiness Continue Reading

Page 1 of 436
1 2 3 4 ...436Next