Just-Reduced Clearance
107 Members and 15987 Guests Online

Susan Louise's Activity

Re: ladies who own a camper...

In For the Home Talk 1406498699.647

Oh how I wish we had a camper/RV. DH doesn't want to drive one of those things and doesn't want to hook up a trailer on the back of his truck...sigh. Hopefully over the next couple of years we'd like to go up to Alaska and it would be nice to go that way. Oh well. Continue Reading

Re: How about "whimsy" in home decor? Do you like it?

In For the Home Talk 1406497889.45

Here's a pic of one side of our kitchen...there are several VPH items. On the far end of the table is a pair of bunnies with the egg topiaries. Hanging from the ceiling on the left is VPH wind chime and another QVC item from a few years ago...the wind spinner. The bookcase as you see on top has a bunch of teddy bears...2nd shelf had 2 vintage Quaker Oat canisters, small vintage milk bottles, 2 of the set of 3 CI candle jars with ribbons (the 3rd is in our bathroom...lol)...and of coarse front and center is the JS St Francis piece. The next shelf has my collection of cookbooks, DH's pic of his... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1406493940.84

On 7/27/2014 mominohio said: On 7/27/2014 Susan Louise said: We don't have kids...sometimes I decorate with 'whimsy', sometimes I don't... I don't consider 'whimsy' to be childish... Susan Louise, there are to me, different levels of whimsy, some is very child like/centered, and some is not. I've noticed that Q is carrying more whimsical items, especially for holiday, that are like that. I'm guessing there must be a big market for it, as they offer more all the time. I edited/added to my post above...we do think differently too Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1406493325.257

We don't have kids...sometimes I decorate with 'whimsy', sometimes I don't... I don't consider 'whimsy' to be childish... We all decorate to what makes us happy, don't we? So who can judge what others decide to decorate with...whether it's whimsy or not...comes from a dollar store, thrift shop or fifth ave? Just like snappyfrappy, I have teddy bears around our home...some in the kitchen and a few in our bedroom. The one most special to me is a big teddy bear DH gave me in the hospital the day I woke up from my lung cancer surgery...bless his heart! Nearing 11 yrs as a survivor Continue Reading

Re: Has your home decor preferences changed drastically overtime?

In For the Home Talk 1406483190.897

On 7/27/2014 Kitlynn said: I have a tendency to use my furniture for years as we buy good quality and I love what I have. I change out accessories for different seasons and every once in a while I will get rid of something and totally change up the look. Same here Continue Reading

Re: Has your home decor preferences changed drastically overtime?

In For the Home Talk 1406481041.73

A little of all that you mentioned I say yes to except 'modern'. I decorate with the theme of country/log cabin. Every year it is different on how much new decor I will buy...it all depends on finances, what I see and how much I like from year to year. Some decor I have used for 20+ years...others just for one season and gave to the Goodwill the next year. Some are sentimental, and others I just love so much I keep them out all the time. Sometimes I rotate what I put out from year to year...lets say I used 'whatever' in 2012 during the Fall and I might not use it again til 2016. If I still se... Continue Reading

Re: Luminara 15" Churchill Lantern with Flameless Candle w/ Timer

In For the Home Talk 1406476459.363

For those that wanted one, run don't walk...someone just cancelled their order and there is one or a few available! Continue Reading

Re: Honest discussion about VPH quality.

In For the Home Talk 1406475871.427

On 7/27/2014 blondegirl said: I returned the most recent MG candleholders - I only took one out of the box - it was missing a foot (stuck to the plastic), which I put on. The candleholder still did not sit level on anything I placed it on and the top was also crooked from the base. Sorry but there is no excuse. I used to buy lots and lots of VPH, now as I returned these I thought to myself "should have known better." A few years ago I noticed a decline in quality. The MG balls are really not mercury glass and mine have faded to the point I threw them away despite the sales pitch saying they w... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1406473749.447

On 7/27/2014 imaclotheshog said: I agree about the decline in quality and overall I do think it's hit-and-miss, depending on what you order. As for the mercury glass, yes I do think it's thin on purpose since most of it is lighted and if it were thicker the lights would not be as bright on the lighted items as someone else pointed out. I do like a lot of Valerie's things, but I think she could bring in more variety. I am a little tired of everything being flameless, and I also really miss her "real" candles! She used to have TSV candle sets that were really nice. And as gardens pointed out th... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1406472961.733

I have been shopping the Q/VPH for 10 yrs. There always seemed to be what I would consider a few duds/poor quality items each year that you just hoped you got a 'good' one. I don't blame VPH for the percentage of poor quality items. I blame the Q for not getting a better handle on the QC by which the "Q" stands for. There are times I believe there isn't even a QC check...or maybe they check 1 out of 1,000. Many times they should check 1/20, 1/50, 1/100 to catch the items that will have a high percentage of poor quality items. VPH chooses many lovely things, however, sometimes I am surprised h... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 339
1 2 3 4 ...339Next