100 Members and 17389 Guests Online

chprsp's Activity

Re: Reformed Shopaholics

In Fashion Talk 1429318055.47

I'm sorry about DGS and the job. I'm sure he'll find another one soon, Linda. I worried that Griffyn would tug and pull but he was very good. I managed him on my own. He did get car sick though. 2nd series of shots done along with rabies, Lyme Disease, and kennel cough. He goes back in a month for his 2nd kennel cough shot. Currently he is 46.2 pounds at 17 weeks. After I took him home I went to the courthouse with proof of rabies shot and microchip and got his lifetime license. The travel club presentation would be interesting but they're not on my travel list. San Diego for the reunion will... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429285997.767

Best wishes for Syd this weekend, Barbara. I'm sure you'll be happy when it's over and when V arrives home. In about half an hour I'm taking Griffyn to the vet for his shots including rabies. Then I can get him licensed. Linda, I'm glad you were able to get a med to help with DH's occasional anxiety. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429202223

The dogs have given us a run for our money this morning. Griffyn figured how to open the new folding door to the cellar and was taking all kinds of things. TT liked the block of wood he found so stole it. That led to one outraged puppy. Then all 3 dashed out to bark at the neighbor in his yard. I got 2 in leaving TT out. I may get a child gate for the basement landing. Barbara, I hope V can influence his brother. At least the bees have departed. I don't envy you your early morning call Saturday. I know Syd will do well though. Are you feeling better? I've worn my striped sweater at least 3 ti... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429141265.617

Those statements seem to arrive at the worst times, Linda. One year dad on the advice of his financial person had cashed in Blair stock and bought several other stocks. Sure enough April 14th the tax prepare told him he owed 10 grand. Geez they could have given him another heart attack. I hated writing out checks for Adam's taxes but it had to be done. That's great that DGS can start his job right away. If the weather hadn't been so terrible this winter we would have started leash training sooner. Oh well. R is back to working on the door. I have no idea where the spices are. Previously they ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429126779.22

Just put Griff on a leash and took him out front. Oh my. The leaping, dancing and tugging. I had to lift him up 3 steps to go in as he was determined not to. At the top of the steps he saw his reflection in the glass and started backing up. R has been working on installing the folding door to the basement. This has given Griff access to the cellar . Oops. I have shut the half door between dining room and kitchen right now. We leave in an hour for the senior center bowling dinner. Barbara, I hope V gets the bee infestation cleared up. No more news from Whit so that's good. Adam gets out of wo... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429048029.987

I forgot to mention that Whit called to say she was rear ended this morning on the way to school. Neither car showed any damage. She's hoping her neck won't bother her later. History and music papers turned in. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1429041768.357

Barbara, we use our landline for internet too. In addition we don't get good cellphone reception at the house. I have caller id and don't pickup if it's a caller I don't recognize or the caller is unknown. The other day I had a call from 000-000-0000! R sometimes answers and agrees to donate to get rid of them. I did donate a bag of clothing on my way to Wegman's this morning If I shop on a Tuesday I get 5% off since I'm over 62. I saved over $14 this trip with that discount, the Wegman's card, and recycling. Big money- lol. The tax payment vouchers and checks have been mailed. Whew! This mor... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1428965675.507

Linda, congratulations to your DGS. It's great that it's close to home. I imagine middle DGS is feeling motivated about now. Mid 70's today and sunny. R picked up a folding door to replace the beat up door leading from the kitchen to the cellar steps. After picking it up I dropped donations off at Goodwill. I'm going through clothes but don't have a full bag yet. R says the treadmill can go in the room he just cleaned. I'm delighted to get it out of the room my clothes are in. Poor V, what a situation to deal with. Barbara, I hope the prednisone helps and you feel much better by Friday. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1428855395.28

Sometimes I think traits skip a generation. We could always count on mother being 20 minutes late. Oh the embarrassment of slinking into church late. R and I are always on time. Adam and whit (especially Whit) take after mother. Griff was sleeping, head under his raised feeding dishes. I only had time to think "how cute" before he raised his head and water and food went flying. 70 sounds very nice, Barbara. It's not that here yet. You're probably right about needing some prednisone. Feel better. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1428846974.88

Good morning! Sun is out but it's chilly both inside and out. Back to wearing fleece again. It sounds as if Sydnie has motivation to cleanout some of her toys, Barbara. Griffyn the terror is sleeping right now. Last night Adam took TT for a walk and Griffyn had a tantrum. He was not happy until they returned. Linda, your September day trip sounds fun. I hope DH still is interested when the time comes. R has done quite well clearing the room out but left unwanted items in the narrow hallway that I had to move. Some blocked access to the cat litter box. A big no-no. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 416
1 2 3 4 ...416Next