126 Members and 20198 Guests Online

chprsp's Activity

Re: Reformed Shopaholics

In Fashion Talk 1432777631.557

That's good news about the wall, Linda. I always try to order refills of R's VA meds early. He only has one ongoing prescription at CVS. That's the one from his urologist. The people at the rendezvous were couples. A certain group of members uses it as their reunion and camp out but don't bother to shoot. This apparently is the last rendezvous due to the landowners death. Some say the club had a 99 year lease but no paperwork can be found. The land is adjacent to a gravel company owned by the same man and the heirs are expanding onto the land used by the club. It's raining now and earlier the... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432767369.76

Barbara, that is great that Syd is one of eight. Poor M. I'm glad she was able to have the car towed to the dealer. Are you remodeling the bathroom? We spent the afternoon at the er. R has colitis. I'm waiting to pick up the prescriptions at CVS. We ate at the Chinese restaurant so I didn't have to fix supper. On the way home we checked with CVS but they said it would be another hour. I miss our previous pharmacy where the longest wait was 20 minutes. However the state decided we should use CVS or mailorder. There is some more fluid build up with Griffin. I left a message for the vet clinic.... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432744982.387

No definite cause given for Griff's problem. He might have bumped his shoulder or a poosible reaction to his last vaccines. The last I doubt because he had those on the 15th and the fluid buildup appeared suddenly. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432744853.14

What a chaotic time you had yesterday, Linda. I'd be upset too with that group. Some people can be very cliqueish (sp). I've run into that at the reunions. Hoping for the best with your sil. DD doesn't need more worries. It's sunny right now but there's a threat of rain. We didn't go anywhere last night for the 40th anniversary. R went to bed mid afternoon and didn't get up till 9. There's a slight chance we'll go out tonight. Griff is rather quiet today. I did had to stop him running and barking earlier when he raised the alarm because a neighbor was out. I saw Aldi's had gel filled (non-tox... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432678894.517

Griff is home. He is to keep his wrap on till Thursday and is to be kept calm and quiet so the fluid doesn't build up again. That will be very difficult. Surgery cost? $35. True, Sunday's $644 included the ultrasound, blood work, and meds. If this hadn't happened on a holiday weekend and he'd gone to his regular vet I'm sure the bill would have been 1/3 of that. Years ago I colored my hair a few times. I stopped after mother had radiation for skin cancer on top of her head and the doctor told her not to have her hair colored or permed. I really like your hair, Linda. I always liked Fran's too... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432661677.343

Still waiting for a call. I reminded them that Gt. Pyrenees are sensitive to anesthesia.I gave them copies of the treatment given at the emergency vet. We had a power outage a bit ago. Fortunately the power was only out 30 minutes or so. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432655743.087

I called our vet's office and was told to bring Griffyn right in. They admitted him for surgery and I left to the sound of mournful howls. The flooding in Texas and Oklahoma is terrible. A former coworker who is 68 colors her hair black. It's quite long, thick (I wish mine was) and curly. I do think it adds years to her. How scary for Amie and V, Barbara. It sounds like a very nice evening with dinner on the patio, Linda. I'll try to get back later. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432577151.047

His blood sugar shouldn't have been off as we went through the Taco Beell drive thru while waiting. But his gastroparesis may have affected it. When we got home I remembered the glucose meter was at the rendezvous. I took R because night driving and I don't mix. I can handle in town but never could have made it back from Erie on unlit roads. You can't exactly take a doped up partially house broke puppy to a hotel. I did take out pet insurance on Griff but found the yearly deductible I picked is $750. With yesterday's trip and seeing his regular vet I'll probably reach that. At least I didn't ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432570362.657

Barbara, I'm glad the infusion has kicked in. I haven't checked FB except very briefly. Like Sydnie my sister Eileen had a lot of stuffed animals. Poor M, I'm glad the med has helped. Linda, I've seen a few pictures but not many of the Texas flooding. Awful. Yesterday my afternoon/evening took a downtown when I discovered a fist sized squishy lump on Griff's shoulder late afternoon. I decided it couldn't wait till Tuesday and managed to get hold of R to go with me thinking it would be dark before I got home. R was still in his muzzleloader costume. The nearest emergency vet is 60 miles away. ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1432491592.247

Last night I switched the chair and loveseat because Griff again looked in the mirror then stood on the desk. The mirror is an old Victorian oak mirror that once was attached to a dresser. we found it in the attic of the duplex we rented when first married. The landlords weren't interested so we kept it. I didn't want any chance of it crashing down. Griff found he couldn't see anything but his eyes in the mirror when standing on the recliner. This morning I put my coffee on a side table before sitting down and that darn puppy proceeded to knock it over. Payback. Whit had a leg injury when in ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 423
1 2 3 4 ...423Next