The Joy of Christmas
116 Members and 6807 Guests Online

chprsp's Activity

Re: Reformed Shopaholics

In Fashion Talk 1411225422.713

We arrived. While I napped R tried to get on the net book and connect through the hotel. Couldn't figure it out plus couldn't plug adapter in due to the outlet's location. He left the netbook up so I only have a partial connection. Hopefully we can recharge in Edinburgh. His birthday today so arrived on his birthday. I just skimmed the posts due to battery. I hope M was helped, Barbara. Too bad about the fire. So devastating. Linda, glad dh talked with both kids. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1411062313.767

I hope M's heart condition isn't too serious, Barbara. Not sure when you leave for the cruise. Need to weigh the suitcase. We just got R's new shoes. He tried skipping lunch . Not good. I'm having him eat now to get blood sugar up. Glad there were no flooding problems, Linda and you enjoyed lunch. I hope to print the boarding passes in the next hour and then leave. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1410999539.747

Darn lost my post. Lots of errands. Tomorrow am the dogs go to kennel. Then we pick up R's new diabetic shoes and early afternoon print out the boarding pass prior to leaving. I picked up food for Adam and cold/allergy meds. Congratulations on the great nephew, Linda. I hope lunch wasn't rained out. I'm sure Sydnie is delighted. Glad M seems better and you're more comfortable about leaving, Barbara. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1410891369.487

Oh yuck, Linda. I'd be pretty upset too. I remember when Whit was in Georgia she called her dad in a panic because a large spider was in the tub. Not that there was anything he could do. This morning I went back to the pharmacy and can pick up R's prescription later. It appears I'll need to do his packing. He's sleeping again and insisting on bowling tonight. Barbara, I hope things go well today for M and your family. I will not get the cleaning done that I hoped. Too much to do organizing meds and clothes for R, making lists, and keeping track of appts. Please don't let me forget to pull out... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1410815511.38

The photo was taken on the dinner cruise. Poor Sydnie. It has to be rough on her. Oh that sweater's nearly done. No fall decorations here, Linda. Maybe when we get back. I want R to have a thorough checkup once we're back. He is so fatigued. Fingers crossed for the trip which has 2 and 3 nights in different cities. This may be the last big trip though maybe we could try a cruise. Every other time he'd print out a packing list. Not this time. Pt , chiro, and bowling packed into the next few days. I spent 30 minutes standing in line at the pharmacy. R's Flomax prescription is on auto refill and... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1410719977.27

Sorry M doesn't feel she is doing well. It must be very frustrating for you to not know what is going on. I can picture Kaia ignoring everyone. I did put the fleece sheets on the bed last night and was quite comfortable with just a light quilt over them. Whit called last night. It seems she was doing dishes Friday night when a plate broke in her hands and the jagged edge hit her wrist. Urgent care was closed by that point and they said the er would be mobbed. So sil used (cringe) super glue. After that he decided to use peroxide which then ate the super glue which had to be reapplied. She is ... Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1410635518.23

No cheeseburger yet. Adam's big truck is parked behind our vehicles in the driveway. My right hip often gives me grief. I landed on it several years ago. I often use biofreeze or joint formula. I have a memory foam cushion on the computer chair. What a nice surprise, Linda. I hope DGD feels better. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1410626907.89

It's good to hear M seems to be doing better, Barbara. New eyes may be a good thing. Enjoy Amie and the girls. Chilly here also and drizzling. It looks as if highs will be in the low 60's through Wednesday. I just put a load of towels in the dryer and I'm debating about putting the fleece sheets on the bed. Now I have a cheeseburger craving-lol. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1410535478.097

Detachment helps but easier said than done. I've had situations where I've needed a degree of detachment. I'm glad you can go on the trip, Barbara. It does sound like M has come up with a good plan. R had a chiro appointment earlier and leaves soon for pt. Heard R say something about phone #'s in Scotland to Whit. I quickly said Adam would have emergency #'s. I hope to check online every few days but only want phone calls if it's life or death not daily drama. There's nothing I could do but worry which I already do very well without any help- lol. Continue Reading

In Fashion Talk 1410467951.977

Best to have those wisdom teeth out. The Army paid for Adam's too. DGS doesn't need the problem Whit just had with them erupting. She gets hers out the 18th. The price for the pin at least is better than the eBay prices. I imagine this pin will quickly sell out. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 385
1 2 3 4 ...385Next