Shoes & Handbags Offers
134 Members and 11971 Guests Online

TheOwl's Activity

Re: See You in September Wearing Linea!

In Linea 1409668890.583

You two Foodee Ladies ;) , Lyn08 and luv luv to shop, are women after my own heart. I've been making yummy home made soups and stews and bottling and freezing them for several weeks now. Homemade cheeseburger soup, chicken noodle with chunks of chicken breast, hearty beef stew, cheese soup, corn chowder & bacon, cream of broccoli etc and soon butternut squash soup. Beef stew this week. It gets to be this time of year and I want quick homemade delicious meals I can grab and prepare for DH and myself when the winds howl and the snow falls. A family fav ~ sour cream casserole already d... Continue Reading

Re: Anybody else organizing closets this weekend?

In Linea 1409429215.737

Nope crdlb : We're seal-coating our 600 foot long driveway and walkway to the front farmer porch today. I stole 5 minutes to be in the house away from poor DH who is beginning to realize he is NOT going to get a second coat in before dark..... Have fun organizing :) My favorite thing. Continue Reading

Re: Wow! Have never seen a worse color capture than the photos of "nutmeg"

In Linea 1409337565.887

Thanks HAPPY LADY for confirming my suspicions. I shied away from this color because ORANGE is anathema to my coloring, skin and hair and I honestly don't like it. BUT I did purchase a sleeveless mock neck last year in Nectarine - to experiment with more gutsy (for me) combinations :) But my whole body covered in it? Nope. Don't think so. So when this arrived and was NOT orange ~ wow, it just opened up a lot of new doors for me. I can see the open front cardi or the zip cardi in nutmeg with last years ikat skirts - 2 of them have a shade in them tending toward this color. Right acces... Continue Reading

In Linea 1409330344.52

Thanks HAPPY LADY AND JJM :) I'm getting more excited the more I play with this color. Would it be going to far to describe this nutmeg as a "neutral"? I can't believe how much it goes with ;) Continue Reading

In Linea 1409325953.2

Thanks JJM . I forgot about those topaz pieces since I didn't not get them. They would be gorgeous with these nutmeg pieces. And I love the way Louis styled the coming new double breasted boucle outerwear jacket in NAVY with the nutmeg pieces. Just a fabulous look! Besides the gorgeous multi-faceted bead necklaces ~ J271862 ~ the station necklace in spice is also gorgeous ~ J288007 ~ as is the tortoise shell link necklace Louis did a while back. And in fact the hammer link in brass and even goldtone depending on the top you choose are also good ~ J288007. And J278131 as well as J278132 ... Continue Reading

In Linea 1409299803.73

Anyone have the items number for the "topaz herringbone jacket"? Continue Reading

In Linea 1409261466.917

JJM: Since I never purchased the topaz item ~ another one crossed of MY list because all the photos show it very orangey ~ so I can't speak to that. I just dumped a bunch of nutmeg on the counter, or you could do it onto a white plate, and while nutmeg the spice has some dark flecks in it, the majority of it is the color of this skirt and open front cardi. I'm wracking my brain for another analogy. I like what crdlb said about it being a "golden brown" but that too is hard to capture and communicate. I think my initial take when I pulled the items out of the black-tire-tracked QVC bag was... Continue Reading

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for Joan Rivers' Speedy Recovery

In Hosts & Personalities 1409258160.297

Pulling for you Joan! Melissa, let her know how much she is loved here at QVC by her many fans. Continue Reading

In Linea 1409257831.107

I've been having some FUN matching up this Nutmeg - this totally NOT orange color - with other things in the wardrobe and I am going to LOVE this color this winter. One example ~ if you have the brown feather print skirt - A227580 - or top - (I have the skirt) - you may never have noticed.......there's some nutmeg in that skirt :) This is just TOO fun! Lots of great combos either with the skirt or with the cardigan or the zip cardigan in this color. And yup, I'll be getting that WK scarf in this color also :) Continue Reading

Wow! Have never seen a worse color capture than the photos of "nutmeg"

Last Reply by TheOwl 1409337565.887 | Started by TheOwl in Linea

Just received the midcalf WK skirt ~ A257384 ~ and the open-front WK cardigan ~ A257376 ~ both in nutmeg, and I'm almost speechless. If I only received one of these items at once, I would think that somehow I got a wrong color. This nutmeg, sitting next to me here at the computer desk is not remotely "orangey" as it shows up on my computer in the pictures of this item. To be fair, the pictures at the Linea blog come in about the same. I've never had this happen before. I've purchased a lot of Linea over the years and I've never seen a color picture so far off what this color actually i... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 134
1 2 3 4 ...134Next