TSV(R) Preview
97 Members and 19333 Guests Online

memyselfandI's Activity

Re: Jan.21Shows - What Did You Buy?

In Scrapbooking 1421929874.633

I am really disappointed!!! I bought the paper tricks folders (I also went over to amazon and ordered the set of plates that are long enough and cheaper than HSN - where they weren't available anyway). I ordered them first thing in the morning. Overnight they sent an email that said they were out of stock and hope to send them by the end of February. Meantime, Amazon sent an email that they shipped the plates. Now I just hope I can actually get the paper tricks folders. I also thought about the folders TS and in the early afternoon tried to order them - autoship - folders only. The first dat... Continue Reading

Re: Need help making a scrapbook

In For the Home Talk 1421324928.827

Don't listen to her. Do what you want. I am very involved in scrapbooking but not what is referred to as a "scrapbook snob". do what you want. Make it simple. Just get those memories recorded. That is all you need to do. I know people who take a couple hours to decide on a page. And God bless them but not everyone has to do that. There are many great kits out there that have some nice things included. It sounds like that might be what you have found. USE IT! And be happy. It isn't a competition at all. It is YOU recording YOUR memories and if it doesn't make your friend happy - THAT IS HER PR... Continue Reading

Re: Is it rude to remove one's shoes when entering another's home?

In For the Home Talk 1419797513.443

On 12/27/2014 persiflage said: This only happened at my house once. He came in the door and immediately removed his shoes, the rest is mostly a blur. It was George Clooney. well, George could walk around in his boxer shorts for all I care. (but yeah, he would at least need those) Continue Reading

Re: How long to you keep up your Christmas decorations? Outside lights?

In For the Home Talk 1419797326.82

On 12/28/2014 shesallthat said: On 12/28/2014 memyselfandI said: On 12/28/2014 Iwantcoffee said: On 12/28/2014 memyselfandI said: On 12/27/2014 squeezebox said: Christmas Day everything is taken down and put away! Why in the world do you even put anything up if you take it down on the actual holiday?????? My parents did that when I was growing-up. After we ate lunch and opened gifts, Christmas was over. There was no Christmas season after December 25. did they ever say why? I find it sad. Besides, the time before is actually advent. The Christmas season is actually the 12 days after Ch... Continue Reading

Re: Is it rude to ask visitors to take off shoes at the door if circumstances warrant it?

In For the Home Talk 1419796796.273

On 12/27/2014 occasional rain said: On 12/26/2014 JJ said: While I agree with the "your house, your rules" concept, that was not OP's question. She asked if it was rude. And the answer to that is yes, it is rude. There are several legitimate reasons why some people need to wear shoes all the time. And even if it is just their personal comfort, I would never want a guest in my house to be uncomfortable in my home. I guess I was raised to be a good hostess. A good hostess does not want her guests to be uncomfortable. And I will say, that most guests who are uncomfortable taking their shoes off,... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1419795741.073

On 12/28/2014 Iwantcoffee said: On 12/28/2014 memyselfandI said: On 12/27/2014 squeezebox said: Christmas Day everything is taken down and put away! Why in the world do you even put anything up if you take it down on the actual holiday?????? My parents did that when I was growing-up. After we ate lunch and opened gifts, Christmas was over. There was no Christmas season after December 25. did they ever say why? I find it sad. Besides, the time before is actually advent. The Christmas season is actually the 12 days after Christmas. Why bother doing any decorating if this is your reality?... Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1419771391.16

On 12/27/2014 squeezebox said: Christmas Day everything is taken down and put away! Why in the world do you even put anything up if you take it down on the actual holiday?????? Continue Reading

In For the Home Talk 1419619834.97

Owing to our religious beliefs-Epiphany. It drives me crazy when people think the 12days of Christmas is before Christmas. Continue Reading

Re: Do you eat gifts of food that you receive during the holidays?

In In the Garden 1418476684.803

On 12/12/2014 Pickwickpapers said: In my sixty plus years I have found too often that the standards that I need are not the same as many friends and even family have relating to food preparation and storage. So I rarely eat food unless I am certain of the person. I try to not offend people but I do limit myself in these circumstances. It is terribly nice of people who go to all the trouble to purchase and prepare food for others. .......it is a lot of work and I appreciate the effort that has been made. And in my almost 60 years I have found that I haven't died or come down with any dread di... Continue Reading

Re: 50+ Women Do You Only Wear Brown And Gray Eyeshadows Now?

In Beauty Banter 1415103182.683

Oh my gosh - NO! I think it would make you look older, washed out, and like a corpse if you wore just that. I use smashbox and I use the muted purples and pinks. Not bright, by any stretch of the imagination but that hint of color makes my face looks alive. As you get older, your color washes out so hints of color, with a light hand, does wonders! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 141
1 2 3 4 ...141Next