Fashion & Accessories Clearance
8 Members and 11522 Guests Online

hyacinth003's Activity

Re: Reducing Retin-A/Tretinoin Strength?

In Beauty Banter 1406166537.597

On 7/23/2014 myshell624 said: On 7/23/2014 Kind1too said: On 7/23/2014 myshell624 said: I've been using the .1% gel every other night for two weeks and still have no peeling or redness. Does everyone peel with it? Maybe you're lucky. Even the lowest strength makes me peel. My skin isn't sensitive but it sure loves to peel. I'm puzzled because I am pretty sensitive. My skin seems to love the Retin-a so far. I've been afraid to try it due to the whole peeling thing. Just be happy with it. When I first started it, I could use a higher strength. Now that I've been through menopause (at least ... Continue Reading

Re: Reducing Retin-A/Tretinoin Strength?

In Beauty Banter 1406166460.637

I have gone down to the 0.025% due to flaking and my skin getting really dry. I was using the 0.50% and just couldn't tolerate it anymore. I don't think it has made any negative difference. Hyacinth Continue Reading

Re: Gastric Bypass Advice??

In Health & Fitness 1406165984.57

On 7/23/2014 Mama Mia said: My DH had a GIST tumor, gastro intestinal stromal tumor about two years ago. It was performed at Huntsman Cancer Center, in SLC. Luckily, it was contained. About one half of his stomach was removed, so it kind of like a bypass surgery. Before that he had a lot of tests done there. hard we don't live there, but DD and SIL were there for us. It was a hard surgery, eighteen days in the hospital, and I had to come home and take care of our cats and dogs. When he came home, he had lost a lot of weight, still can't gain. I got him Ensure and found it had Vitamin K, and h... Continue Reading

Re: O/T What is you earliest childhood memory?

In Fashion Talk 1406138972.28

I believe it was an image I have of being in a crib standing up. I once described it in detail to my mother and she said my image was correct in my descriptions of the room. Our brains aren't wired to process and remember things too early. Our neurological system just can't do it. We don't possess the words to do it. Other than that, I don't have any memories much before kindergarten. Hyacinth Continue Reading

Re: Ot/ how cautious are you?

In Beauty Banter 1406135986.627

I live in a suburb of Chicago. Been here since 1986. Prior to that I lived in Chicago. I felt safe in my house and being out any time of the day or night until the last few years. The population here has doubled since we moved here. A lot of building and retail have located here. This has brought in people from other places. There has been an increase in crime from prank kids up to murder more recently. A lot of the crime comes now from elsewhere. I no longer feel safe. We are considering a gun. Hyacinth Continue Reading

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis in fingers- has anyone heard this?

In Health & Fitness 1406135614.913

My husband has RA, and was pretty much a daily beer drinker. So much for prevention! His doctor has told him repeatedly NO ALCOHOL now due to the medications he takes for it. They are really hard on the liver, so no taxing it more with alcohol. There are several non alcoholic beers out there though. His favorite has been St. Pauli Girl, but we can seldom find it anymore. He's a beer perfectionist, and doesn't like domestic beer. That can make finding one even harder!! So, if any help is found in the beer itself, a non alcoholic one might be great. Especially if you're on any of those med... Continue Reading

Re: Daughter needs NSAID but has stomach issues

In Health & Fitness 1406075198.82

On 7/20/2014 terrier3 said: Could this have been aggravated by her job - being on her feet for hours on end? That will often make knee or back problems flare up. Has she had to quit? I always admired her for sticking with that job for so long. No, it's not her job. I wish it was. But she is having a tough time working. Rheumatologist says it is most likely genetic and occurs under age 40. She got the genetic blood test and lots of xrays today. Caveat is neither tests are 100% positive. Some people have it without xray showing it or positive genetic test (but most do). Since her father ... Continue Reading

Re: If you were hired as a Q stylist...

In Fashion Talk 1406074256.63

I would have the hosts wear QVC clothing. If it's good enough to sell, it is good enough for them to wear. Have the stylists pick it out and accessorize it. They carry enough jewelry, shoes, and other accessories to pull it off. Put on the screen what the host is wearing. Kind of like "Lisa Robertson Show" all the time. I think it would make a great selling tool also. It is way beyond hypocrisy to have them walking in with clothes bought elsewhere, when they sell it all. I know the right stylist could make them all look good. Hyacinth Continue Reading

Re: This is how the European women do it or wear it or use it

In Beauty Banter 1405883735.13

On 7/19/2014 HappyDaze said: But no one has whiter teeth than Americans! Or teeth in better condition! Hyacinth Continue Reading

Re: Tattoo removal up 440%

In Viewpoints 1405883613.09

On 7/20/2014 Irshgrl31201 said: On 7/20/2014 nunya said: My sister had one removed, she said it didn't hurt very much. I think the multi-color ones require more laser treatments. On the flip side, I know a young tattoo artist, he's busy all day, everyday. Maybe that is why she thought it was so painful. She did have a multicolor one. Tattoos aren't going anywhere. They are getting more popular. More and more people are doing them so of course removals will be up too. 40% of adults 26-40 have a tattoo. Over 45 million Americans have one. I will be interesting to see my generation (X) in their... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 425
1 2 3 4 ...425Next