Spring Fashion Days
178 Members and 19453 Guests Online

hyacinth003's Activity

Re: Family files wrongful death lawsuit

In Viewpoints 1425599877.9

On 3/5/2015 SoX said: No, Hyacinth ... this story only came out days later. That's whats called getting your ducks in a row ... or some such excuse. Because I have heard conflicting stories, I went to Google to look this up. There are STILL conflicting stories in what has been reported. Some say he knew, others say he didn't. So, I looked at the Wikipedia version of it. Whether they are a super reliable source I don't exactly know. This summary of the story said the officer did know. www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown Hyacinth Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1425599082.573

On 3/5/2015 Marmalade said: He would have been an alive "tall, black hulking black man" not a dead one. I think compliance would have equaled ALIVE today. Hyacinth Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1425598964.413

On 3/5/2015 SoX said: On 3/5/2015 Marmalade said: On 3/5/2015 SoX said: On 3/5/2015 Marmalade said: On 3/5/2015 SoX said: Yes, how ironic is that ... all the while telling the parents that but for their son walking in the middle of the street, the cop wouldn't have stopped him. Yes, absurd, indeed. Again, blame the victim. That is not why he was killed and you know it. Oh, really? The officer didn't know about the candy store robbery when he killed him. He attacked the officer. Even the DOJ admits he acted in self defense. Again ... have you ever been stopped by the police for jaywalking?... Continue Reading

In Viewpoints 1425598785.1

On 3/5/2015 CardinalGirl said: I'm wondering about those on this board who still think Officer Wilson acted inappropriately, even though he has been cleared by a Grand Jury and through a federal investigation. If the family loses this civil case, will you finally believe that he did nothing wrong? The answer to your question is NO. Michael Brown assaulted a store clerk (owner?), hit a police officer and went into his car, and attempted to take the officer's gun. The officer stated that he feared for his life. I think if someone was wrestling me for my gun, I would also fear for my life. The... Continue Reading

Re: Hey Susan, it's NOT "lenth"

In Susan Graver 1425595440.16

On 3/5/2015 SoftRaindrops said: On 3/5/2015 hyacinth003 said: There ARE regional accents, alternative pronunciations, and there is WRONG! Wondering if saying "impordant" instead of "important" falls into alternative pronunciation? Since there is no "d" in the word, I may call it a regional WRONG pronunciation! There are WRONG ways to pronounce things. My fingernails on chalkboard is EMEL for email, felure for failure, avelable for available, etc. I have heard people of both genders, all races, and every region MISPRONOUNCE the "ai" sound and replace it with an "e." My theory remains that it i... Continue Reading

In Susan Graver 1425595261.337

On 3/5/2015 redngold said: On 3/5/2015 hyacinth003 said: There ARE regional accents, alternative pronunciations, and there is WRONG! Wondering if saying "impordant" instead of "important" falls into alternative pronunciation? Since there is no "d" in the word, I may call it a regional WRONG pronunciation! There are WRONG ways to pronounce things. My fingernails on chalkboard is EMEL for email, felure for failure, avelable for available, etc. I have heard people of both genders, all races, and every region MISPRONOUNCE the "ai" sound and replace it with an "e." My theory remains that it is laz... Continue Reading

Re: If I hear...XXS and California Girl one more time.

In Fashion Talk 1425595122.997

On 3/5/2015 faeriemoon said: On 3/5/2015 hyacinth003 said: On 3/5/2015 imaclotheshog said: On 3/5/2015 handygal said: It sounds like they're bragging about it, but why would anyone who's that tall WANT TO BE an XXS?? Because she wants to brag about how thin she is and how great she looks. Do you ever notice how they rush to call out the larger models? I know they are trying to give out all sizes, but I think they love saying "I am in the XXS and (insert name) is in a 1X, oh, sorry, large." Hyacinth They DO do this!! I know, right???????????? Hyacinth Continue Reading

Re: Angry people of the Internet nowadays, Why?

In Viewpoints 1425595017.673

On 3/4/2015 SoftRaindrops said: On 3/4/2015 sidsmom said: There's a tipping point, tho. It expands the mind to hear other ideas/opinions, but more often than naught, once EMOTION is injected, it spirals out of control. I enjoy a good conversation/debate on these boards from time to time, but emotion causes the tone to get ugly & unwarranted. Just in this micro-mini world here @ the Q Community, I'm STUNNED some of these posters are so grotesquely mean. Just recently, an OP called some posters "illiterate" & "bullheaded". =:0 Another popular poster uses ugly emotion but they wrap it ar... Continue Reading

Re: Angry people of the Internet nowadays, Why?

In Viewpoints 1425594129.883

On 3/4/2015 Free2be said: On 3/4/2015 sidsmom said: There's a tipping point, tho. It expands the mind to hear other ideas/opinions, but more often than naught, once EMOTION is injected, it spirals out of control. I enjoy a good conversation/debate on these boards from time to time, but emotion causes the tone to get ugly & unwarranted. Just in this micro-mini world here @ the Q Community, I'm STUNNED some of these posters are so grotesquely mean. Just recently, an OP called some posters "illiterate" & "bullheaded". =:0 Another popular poster uses ugly emotion but they wrap it around "... Continue Reading

In Susan Graver 1425593745.05

On 3/5/2015 VCamp2748 said: Yay! Somebody finally agreed with OP I really have NO IDEA about length or lenth. So, my opinion is strictly MINE. Hyacinth Continue Reading

Page 1 of 501
1 2 3 4 ...501Next